Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

I think he pays too much attention to what the press thinks about him and he is really desperate to prove everyone wrong that it starts looking all wrong. I won't be criticising for moaning, all managers do that. Look at Klopp, the moment he loses he starts acting weird. Imagine how much of a whiner he will become once his team starts losing regularly. Having said Jose needs to take things lightly too and enjoy stuff. From the outside it seems he is taking too much pressure on himself.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Well... in his defense, Mourinho himself says the biggest achievements of his career are the ones about to come. But then you remember the "respect X3" meltdown...

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Were you talking about Jose and Lampard sharing the idea that finishing in the top 4 with their injuries would be their biggest achievements ?
No. Jose said that. Lampard just mentioned how many injuries they have.

Shark

@NotShark
He’s miles away from the manager he was, not even close. This is why I still think we haven’t signed a top drawer manager since SAF stepped down, for all the talk of us needing to try something different because himself and LVG failed.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He’s miles away from the manager he was, not even close. This is why I still think we haven’t signed a top drawer manager since SAF stepped down, for all the talk of us needing to try something different because himself and LVG failed.
Could not agree more. José and van Gaal were past it. Moyes and Ole were never good enough in the first place. We still haven't had a progressive manager in their prime post Sir Alex.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I don’t think he was ever that good. Heavily backed with money and insane squads and he used to fall out with them then as well. Glad he’s now found out.

United58

I don’t think he was ever that good. Heavily backed with money and insane squads and he used to fall out with them then as well. Glad he’s now found out.
10-15 years ago, he was one of the best. Dire by the time he was with us, with shocking football too

Cloud7

You’re joking right? I hate him as much as the next guy after his time here, but to say he was never that good is nonsense.

Champions league with Porto?
That Chelsea team that steamrolled the league in a way that had never been seen before?
Being the first manager to beat the prime Pep Barca in the champions league, which the greatest manager ever failed twice at?
First manager to manage to get a league title ahead of Pep’s Barcelona?

Mourinho is a shadow of the manager he once was, but in his day he was amazing.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He was good at what he does which was win every game 1-0. Like Simone for AM.

But his style is in conflict with lots of clubs. We should never have hired him given his style in contrast with Van Gaals.

Spurs will regret hiring him too.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
needs to leave the game for a long time and either study it, or give up.

The man is a dinosaur in the same was LVG turned into one.
Agree, he needs a long break from football to refresh his ideas. Or look for a job in Italy/International Football.

:lol:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The football was never ‘that good’. The results were. Without those results the football becomes unbearable.

slored1

I'm taking all I've said about needing time and stuff back. From what we have seen he's lost his mojo and has so far had enough time to implement at least some basic attacking patterns of play. They can't even beat the first pressing line of Chelsea, pathetic.

ColvaleGoa

You’re joking right? I hate him as much as the next guy after his time here, but to say he was never that good is nonsense.

Champions league with Porto?
That Chelsea team that steamrolled the league in a way that had never been seen before?
Being the first manager to beat the prime Pep Barca in the champions league, which the greatest manager ever failed twice at?
First manager to manage to get a league title ahead of Pep’s Barcelona?

Mourinho is a shadow of the manager he once was, but in his day he was amazing.
Totally with you on this. He just isn't the Special One anymore.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Mourinho built a great Inter side and their treble in 2010 was one of the finest accomplishments in European football over the last thirty years.

His league-winning team at Madrid was also an immense side. They were obscenely close to winning the European Cup with him, too. That job changed Mourinho forever, however, and he trusted his players far, far less than he ever did before thereafter.

His second Chelsea stint was impressive too until his mistrust rose its ugly head again and ruined what was promising to be a very good side.

He looks finished at the very top level but the pre-Madrid sacking Mourinho was among the best ever to understand and coach the game, let’s not re-write his legacy just to score some cheapshots here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His mentality was completely different. He was young, fresh, determined and hungry. Now all he cares about is himself, his legacy and how people think of him.

Look at how the Chelsea squad adored him, Inter adored him - then Madrid happened and he completely changed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His fall was astronomical, no doubt, but let us not be contrarian for the sake of it. He was once a phenomenal manager.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There’s absolutely no way anyone touches him after this stint, it has to be the last one. And even this he only got after begging on Sky Sports and Russian TV all year long.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Really bad result for Mourinho...

Really bad.

He needed a result in this game - even a draw. I've predicted that he'll do ok at Spuds and get them a trophy but he needs to ride out this injury crisis and bedding in period and he absolutely needed to not lose this specific game.

There are some games that are particularly dangerous for managers to lose a dressing room - this was one of them for Spuds / Mourinho.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Quite fancy our chances of getting a win at Spurs after watching them this week

Moiraine

His mentality was completely different. He was young, fresh, determined and hungry. Now all he cares about is himself, his legacy and how people think of him.

Look at how the Chelsea squad adored him, Inter adored him - then Madrid happened and he completely changed.
What happened at Madrid.
I keep reading about it but never got to know what events happened there.

Please anyone caee to elaborate in 3-4 lines?

binary bot
He'll devalue all their players. All deadwood by the end of the season and will need 300m to challenge. Probably throw his own signings under the bus at some stage.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What happened at Madrid.

The pressure of trying to beat Guardiola/Barca. He ended up falling out with half the dressing room, pretty much stopped trying to play any football and just used hatched men like Pepe in midfield to stop them.

He ended up isolating key members from the madrid dressing room as somebody was leaking his tactics to the press. People think it was Casillas.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-ahead-Barcelona-game-claims-Jerzy-Dudek.html

Irwin99

Bad move alienating Ali . It’s like he’s learnt nothing from the Pogba issue.

Skills

Snitch
What happened at Madrid.

He realised he wasn't as good as he thought he was. He refused to accept that and blamed the squad, characters, traitors etc (recurring theme in his Chelsea and Utd stint).

Then to make it worse, ancelotti and Zidane have come in at Madrid and exposed his failures even more, which I reckon have made him even more bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.