Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
Bad move alienating Ali . It’s like he’s learnt nothing from the Pogba issue.
Especially when you have Kane and Son out also. He just doesn’t make very good decisions these days, never mind his tactics on the pitch. He’s a below Benitez level manager these days.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d like to read more about his Madrid stint, it fascinates me. Seems to have totally changed him.

EwanI Ted

This Spurs team look just like we did under Jose. Ok til the final third, but then it’s all ad-hoc hopeful play with no real plan underlying it. Just always looking for one or two players to do it all rather than there being a sense of a coordinated team attack.

Moiraine

The pressure of trying to beat Guardiola/Barca. He ended up falling out with half the dressing room, pretty much stopped trying to play any football and just used hatched men like Pepe in midfield to stop them.

He ended up isolating key members from the madrid dressing room as somebody was leaking his tactics to the press. People think it was Casillas.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-ahead-Barcelona-game-claims-Jerzy-Dudek.html
He realised he wasn't as good as he thought he was. He refused to accept that and blamed the squad, characters, traitors etc (recurring theme in his Chelsea and Utd stint).

Then to make it worse, ancelotti and Zidane have come in at Madrid and exposed his failures even more, which I reckon have made him even more bitter.
Thanks guys, i will read more from that link.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The pressure of trying to beat Guardiola/Barca. He ended up falling out with half the dressing room, pretty much stopped trying to play any football and just used hatched men like Pepe in midfield to stop them.

He ended up isolating key members from the madrid dressing room as somebody was leaking his tactics to the press. People think it was Casillas.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-ahead-Barcelona-game-claims-Jerzy-Dudek.html
Yeah, also he often gets credit for ending Barcelonas dominance but that is huge exaggeration. Guardiola finished this man's whole career.

RORY65

He's not been a good manager for a long time now. Levy returned to form by appointing him, Pochettino was the exception in that it was a good choice (even that only happened because they were about to get LVG before Woodward swooped in at the last minute).

slored1

Would fit great in Championship. Can't believe I'm saying that but Ole as shit as he's been is a better manager than him.

Kag

Only the second or third time I’ve properly watched Spurs under Mourinho...

Jesus. The best decision we ever made was getting rid of this halfwit. He used to divide and conquer. Now he just divides and fails. I took a sneak peak on a Spurs forum and already their message boards are split on Alli and Mourinho. It’s Mourinho and (insert chosen high-profile player to fall out with) all over again.

The football is sterile. The post match interviews are prickly. The excuses are thick and fast. His pre-planned PR stunts (hello, ballboy) are pathetic.

You wouldn’t bet against Spurs going on and winning the FA Cup under him. It could happen. But there’s going to be tears at the end of this; clear as day.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Did he refuse to shake Lampard's hand? For celebrating enthusiastically? Surely not...

Kag

We have no squad. Simple as that.
Don’t let him do this to you. You’ll go mad.

Spurs have been poor in successive transfer windows (which I’ve always argued will come back to bite you) but this Spurs squad is capable of more than the shit you’ve watched over the past couple of games.

Brwned

Just seems like you're in denial here man. The team he inherited was on its last legs and needed refreshment, and injuries crippled the CL run, but even if you take that into account you can still assess Mourinho's contribution and it isn't very impressive.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's all diminishing returns for Jose, these past years. If - as seems obvious - he's obsessed with being recognised for his tremendous achievements then, in hindsight, he should have retired after 2010's treble and then let the press & public argue about his standing in the game's history while his reputation was in a position of strength.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Don’t let him do this to you. You’ll go mad.

Spurs have been poor in successive transfer windows (which I’ve always argued will come back to bite you) but this Spurs squad is capable of more than the shit you’ve watched over the past couple of games.
Have you watched us in the last year, I mean REALLY watched us? We have been awful and it's down to lack of recruitment. Jose is going to need another couple of windows to sort it.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just seems like you're in denial here man. The team he inherited was on its last legs and needed refreshment, and injuries crippled the CL run, but even if you take that into account you can still assess Mourinho's contribution and it isn't very impressive.
The games since we lost Son have been awful sure but not really sure what else to expect? Our season ended with his injury.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He simply didn't want to play football.
Winks, Le Colso, Ndombele is more than a decent midfield with Ali,Bergjwin,Lucas ,Lamela providing the attacking outlet. Kane and Son are huge miss but still that was typical Jose doing his big match tactics.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
The way he sets up against top teams is shocking. Injuries or not, Im so happy he's gone from here.

The same old boring, reserved shite he'd serve up at United.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He simply didn't want to play football.
Winks, Le Colso, Ndombele is more than a decent midfield with Ali,Bergjwin,Lucas ,Lamela providing the attacking outlet. Kane and Son are huge miss but still that was typical Jose doing his big match tactics.
You say that but they were absolutely terrible today. He had all those players out on the pitch, it was the right formation and selection in my opinion we are just absolutely shattered, out of form and have nobody who can play up front. I honestly don't know what people are expecting here. I was very pleased when I saw the team sheet and formation - I really was.

Brwned

The games since we lost Son have been awful sure but not really sure what else to expect? Our season ended with his injury.
You became so reliant on Son in the weeks leading up to his injury because the team played such disjointed, fearful football. The manager is responsible for that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Spurs need 2 or 3 transfer windows before they realise they made a mistake hiring the past-it one.

Should've enquired about Ralph Hasenhuttl when they terminated Poch's contract. Fits their style far better than Jose.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Only the second or third time I’ve properly watched Spurs under Mourinho...

Jesus. The best decision we ever made was getting rid of this halfwit. He used to divide and conquer. Now he just divides and fails. I took a sneak peak on a Spurs forum and already their message boards are split on Alli and Mourinho. It’s Mourinho and (insert chosen high-profile player to fall out with) all over again.

The football is sterile. The post match interviews are prickly. The excuses are thick and fast. His pre-planned PR stunts (hello, ballboy) are pathetic.

You wouldn’t bet against Spurs going on and winning the FA Cup under him. It could happen. But there’s going to be tears at the end of this; clear as day.
I was basically thinking the same. They either have to win the PL or CL to make it worthwhile. He is going to leave the club in a bad state. Just as he did with us.

Hiring Mourinho to replace Van Gaal was a such a terrible decision.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I was basically thinking the same. They either have to win the PL or CL to make it worthwhile. He is going to leave the club in a bad state. Just as he did with us.

Hiring Mourinho to replace Van Gaal was a such a terrible decision.
He can hardly leave it in a worse state than he found it to be honest.

Shark

@NotShark
Anyone think Levy is already regretting letting Poch go, instead of backing him? Sure things looked grim near the end, but they’re about to get a whole lot more grim under Mourinho.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is there any way at all that he gets the boot at the end of the season??

Kag

Have you watched us in the last year, I mean REALLY watched us? We have been awful and it's down to lack of recruitment. Jose is going to need another couple of windows to sort it.
At times, yes. I thought your CL run masked what was a poor league performance. Alli has been out of form for a good while and the threat from full back, which once enveloped much of your attacking threat, has been poorly managed in the transfer market.

With that said, you have replaced outgoing players. Lo Celso for Eriksen. NDombele (eventually) for Dembélé. Aurier for Walker. And the players that you do have are significantly better than what Mourinho has tried to do in your last two games, even with injuries to your two best players

If you allow him to, Mourinho will convince the world that he’s working with a pub team.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am not trying to be rude, we were saying the same things when he was in charge of us. "He needs time; its the squad." Its kind of errie how similar what we were saying and what you are saying now.

Unless you win the CL or PL under him, it wont be worthwhile.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
At times, yes. I thought your CL run masked what was a poor league performance. Alli has been out of form for a good while and the threat from full back, which once enveloped much of your attacking threat, has been poorly managed in the transfer market.

With that said, you have replaced outgoing players. Lo Celso for Eriksen. NDombele (eventually) for Dembélé. Aurier for Walker. And the players that you do have are significantly better than what Mourinho has tried to do in your last two games, even with injuries to your two best players

If you allow him to, Mourinho will convince the world that he’s working with a pub team.
This.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You say that but they were absolutely terrible today. He had all those players out on the pitch, it was the right formation and selection in my opinion we are just absolutely shattered, out of form and have nobody who can play up front. I honestly don't know what people are expecting here. I was very pleased when I saw the team sheet and formation - I really was.
There was no need for 5 at the back . Even if you argue , that was to counter Chelsea's formation why did he play 4 CBs ? So that right side was completely pointless while Alonso enjoyed a free run on the left.

Classical Mechanic

It's all diminishing returns for Jose, these past years. If - as seems obvious - he's obsessed with being recognised for his tremendous achievements then, in hindsight, he should have retired after 2010's treble and then let the press & public argue about his standing in the game's history while his reputation was in a position of strength.
His aura died during his Madrid tenure in my opinion. His reputation for creating teams that were immovable objects filled his players with confidence as soon as he walked in the door. That aura was punctured at Real and as you say, he’s now in a downward spiral of diminishing returns. His teams now have a soft centre. The only thing that Mourinho guarantees you these days is whole lot of stink.

Kag

He can hardly leave it in a worse state than he found it to be honest.
Believe us, he can.

The Mourinho debacle cost us the best part of half a billion quid and we’re still paying the price for it now. He set us back years.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Disagree. Man for man you have similar players to us. Better in some areas; not as good in other areas.

With a different manager you would be doing much better.

Mourinho will ruin you and then he will blame the squad or the board and get his ten million pay off.

Mourinho is still a good coach i feel, but only with the right tactics. Atheltico Madrid would suit him. Going from Poch to Mourinho is what we did when we replaced Van Gaal and we were all in dream land when mourinho came in. Ole now is trying to rectify the mess he made.

AndyMUFC

You never know obviously but I just don't see it working. His tactics are the same as they were with us so it's not just the injuries and he's already dropping a big name at Spurs in Alli. It's almost like he does that for the sake of it at this point.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t they have a young striker who is meant to be quite good?
Maybe it’s time to experiment and give him a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.