Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Parrott? Mourinho said last month that he "wasn't ready at all".

That was before they played Norwich and they've had eight games since then. He was an unused sub in the FA Cup replay against Southampton but other than that he's been nowhere near the team.

There's also been a video floating around allegedly of him doing something pretty bad while he was on international duty.
Ahh fair enough.
I suppose if he’s not ready he’s not ready, but Rashford was thrown in in similar circumstances and performed.
Maybe eventually he’ll get minutes on the bench or something, but Jose is never willing to give young academy players much of a go.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
That’s the one! Events may have been exaggerated but you can tell that tensions were high and he was under unbelievable pressure. There are so crazy stories in it that I would love to believe.
I'll give it a read, cheers. Just ordered a copy.

Ekeke

Alright so he lost. Up until now hed obviously been doing well at Spurs. Lets wait till he actually sinks his team again and not get ahead of ourselves

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
So it's not even acceptable to say that Jose was actually fairly successful in here? Was he not your most successful manager since Ferguson? Forgive me but from listening to you lot slaughter him from day one at Spurs you would think he got you relegated.
Almost.

Kag

I'd say they were very much miss for the most part.

The only ones I'd label a success out of the hundreds of millions spent were Zlatan, Fred and probably Matic. Zlatan was free, José wouldn't even play Fred, and Matic divides opinion.

I like Pogba but you can't call his time here a success.

Spurs fans hoping him getting money to spend will change things for the better may be in for a surprise.
His entire approach to the transfer market was appalling.

He bought two centres halves that couldn’t partner eachother (Bailly/Lindelof) and wanted to fix this by bringing in Jerome Boateng. If you don’t laugh now, you’d cry.

We didn’t bring in starting full backs, in spite of playing Valencia and Young regularly and treating Shaw with complete contempt.

He actively sought to bring in Matic, who lasted one season before we had calls to replace him.

He was backed with the huge splurge on Lukaku; a player that was never right for us. The Mkhitaryan/Sanchez incomings were shambolic in retrospect. Ah, yes, and Paul Pogba: one of the best midfielders in the world. A(nother) player he fell out with.

Under Mourinho, we bought an entire starting eleven and most of it went to waste. Any Spurs supporters that thinks Mourinho is going to sort them out in the transfer market is clutching at straws.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So it's not even acceptable to say that Jose was actually fairly successful in here? Was he not your most successful manager since Ferguson? Forgive me but from listening to you lot slaughter him from day one at Spurs you would think he got you relegated.
It depends on what you define a successful stint as.
He won a couple of trophies with us, and attracted good players in his first season.
In the second we managed to be more successful in the league, but had much less success in the other competitions, then in the third season we fell apart and he was sacked.
He won trophies with us, but maybe he left us in a weaker position than Van Gaal did.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
No, it's not acceptable. Because in the contesxt of Manchester United finishing out of top 4 twice in three years after spending +300m in transfers and increasing the wage bill by +100m is a pretty bad return. He also acted like a twat for several months, so excuse us if we don't have a lot of good things to say about his time at United. And our games were terrible to watch.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I'll give it a read, cheers. Just ordered a copy.
I read the whole thing on a plane journey. It was fascinating. The players have obviously leaked the stories and there are som great ones.

There is too much detail for it to be fabrication and you can see how it all unravels. There is also some good background stuff on the man himself and it explains quite well why he does some of the things he does.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I genuinely feel a tinge of sympathy for you.
Yea. Its the hope that kills you like it did with us.

Looking back i think whoever gave the go ahead for Mourinho should have been sacked. It was a terrible decision.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Let's be honest - the 'old' Jose wouldn't have lifted one finger (of three) to signify that he'd just won a bloody Community Shield.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He is our most successful manager post Fergie , but he caused a lot of the damage to the club, too. He caused more damage than he brought success.

Sevilla onwards he was constantly shitting on the club left, right and centre; itching for the sack.

That's all fair yeah you're right.

Fred looks good now but Jose refused to play him so I don't think we can chalk that success up to him. Zlatan was good, I wouldn't class Matic a success although he's been pretty good the last month.
So, out of the hundreds of millions spent, strictly speaking about their time here under José, we only have one outright success and he was free! :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Alright so he lost. Up until now hed obviously been doing well at Spurs. Lets wait till he actually sinks his team again and not get ahead of ourselves
Depends what you mean by doing well though, they clearly haven't been doing well otherwise they'd have caught up Chelsea who have played like dog shit for months. He's been doing just about enough to not get too much pressure on him.

2 man midfield

I read the whole thing on a plane journey. It was fascinating. The players have obviously leaked the stories and there are som great ones.

There is too much detail for it to be fabrication and you can see how it all unravels. There is also some good background stuff on the man himself and it explains quite well why he does some of the things he does.
I've always had a soft spot for Jose, and I was a bit sad things didn't work out for him here.

Shark

@NotShark

Looking back i think whoever gave the go ahead for Mourinho should have been sacked. It was a terrible decision.
Tbh it did seem like the obvious appointment at the time, looking at it from the perspective that he would deliver our first and vitally important title since SAF. He had won it recently with Chelsea and LVG was looking nowhere close to doing it.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
No, Levy is responsible for that.
I'm just not sure why you're so keen to throw everyone under the bus in defence of his knobend. And if you think this is just revisionism, here's what I thought of him after a month of managing us...

Mourinho's suck a dick. Can't help throwing his own players under the bus to protect his own ego. It's the complete opposite of how Sir Alex was, or even how Mourinho was a decade ago. Madrid fecked him up.
...and here's what I was saying about him a couple of months before winning the Europa League:

There's an awful lot of assumptions inherent in that. The reality is we don't know how secure Mourinho's job is, how strong his relationship with the team overall is, how many of these players that he's openly ridiculing he will actually be able to replace etc. We can't predict the outcome knowing so few of those pretty decisive variables. It's entirely plausible that this is the beginning of him alienating members of the team that he still needs to play an important role for at least the next season, sowing discontent in the wider team as a result, ultimately alienating himself from the team before blowing it all up and moving on. We've seen all of that happen before. It's not like we can say Mourinho is careful about how he handles these things.
Mourinho's pattern is really obvious to everyone willing to look at it soberly. He just seems to be quite good at getting people to buy into this idea that he's suffering under unbearable conditions and if only people would give him what he wanted, he'd demonstrate his worth.

I think Mourinho's one of the best managers of Premier League era and arguably the 3rd best manager in our history. Doesn't change the fact he's an absolute shadow of his former self and a bad choice for a team in your situation.

Djemba-Djemba

He is our most successful manager post Fergie , but he caused a lot of the damage to the club, too. He caused more damage than he brought success.

Sevilla onwards he was constantly shitting on the club left, right and centre; itching for the sack.

So, out of the hundreds of millions spent, strictly speaking about their time here under José, we only have one outright success and he was free! :lol:
:lol: Yep.

And Spurs fans on here seem to think giving Jose money to spend in a transfer window will solve their issues :houllier:

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I'm just not sure why you're so keen to throw everyone under the bus in defence of his knobend. And if you think this is just revisionism, here's what I thought of him after a month of managing us...

...and here's what I was saying about him a couple of months before winning the Europa League:

Mourinho's pattern is really obvious to everyone willing to look at it soberly. He just seems to be quite good at getting people to buy into this idea that he's suffering under unbearable conditions and if only people would give him what he wanted, he'd demonstrate his worth.

True. Bit of a prima donna vive about him.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I've always had a soft spit for Jose, and I was a bit sad things didn't work out for him here.
I’m the same way! I loved his Inter teams and Chelsea teams. I also thought that his Porto triumph is the greatest footballing achievement that I have seen in my lifetime. It’s Football Manager stuff.

The book goes some way to explain how he lost his confidence and became more negative. He was complicit but the big characters in the Real dressing room destroyed him and ripped him of his dignity.

I used to laugh when people said that Real “broke” him, but that book persuaded me that maybe that’s the case.

I think it’s a mix of his confidence being stripped and him becoming more negative and cagey, along with the fact that the game has moved on and the intensity of pressing teams just outwork his defensive setups

Djemba-Djemba

Part of him will enjoy having Kane and Son out.

Gives him licence to play ultra negative and if they lose he has a ready made excuse.

Plus he can do his usual woe is me act after the game which he seems to love doing.

Bojan11

He won a league cup final which Southampton outplayed us in. Parked the bus vs Ajax.

His time here was nothing special. Yes he was the most successful, but not really a big achievement considering the amount of failures we had since Fergie.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Most Managers simply cannot adapt to the game as it evolves, Jose was a master of a Manager back in his prime, nobody can deny that. But he's struggling big time in recent years to adapt to the game as is. I don't think he'll ever recover personally, it's all down hill from here on in.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I'm just not sure why you're so keen to throw everyone under the bus in defence of his knobend. And if you think this is just revisionism, here's what I thought of him after a month of managing us..
First stage of Moutities.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
You have a striker in reserves - that's how we found Rashford Jose.

Skills

Snitch

I'd say it was the person who gave him the extension at fault as well as the fanbase who pressed the club into giving the extension so early.

Mourinho leaving after year 2 would've had us in a more promising position. Not great but not where we have to nuke ourselves back into oblivion.

Djemba-Djemba

Oh God I keep getting flashbacks to him managing us coming out with this sort of negative miserable shit constantly.

The other players in the squad must be so energised and confident hearing their manager shit all over them to the public.

2 man midfield

I’m the same way! I loved his Inter teams and Chelsea teams. I also thought that his Porto triumph is the greatest footballing achievement that I have seen in my lifetime. It’s Football Manager stuff.

The book goes some way to explain how he lost his confidence and became more negative. He was complicit but the big characters in the Real dressing room destroyed him and ripped him of his dignity.

I used to laugh when people said that Real “broke” him, but that book persuaded me that maybe that’s the case.

I think it’s a mix of his confidence being stripped and him becoming more negative and cagey, along with the fact that the game has moved on and the intensity of pressing teams just outwork his defensive setups
Yeah that's the way I always saw it anyway. I look forward to reading about the details.

Champagne Football

Knowing Jose, he will purposely not give any game time to forwards in the reserves, as a 2 fingers up at Levy for not giving him 30 million in January to sign Mandzukic or Glenn Murray.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Oh wow - it'll be an incredible miracle of management if I achieve anything with this shit squad and 20p transfer budget!"

Djemba-Djemba

Knowing Jose, he will purposely not give any game time to forwards in the reserves, as a 2 fingers up at Levy for not giving him 30 million in January to sign Mandzukic or Glenn Murray.
Yep, probably start playing Sissoko or Winks up front to prove a point.

Like when he played Mctominay at centre back here. He's such a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.