Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

justsomebloke

Today's post match from Jose, you have to admit, is far from the usual dramatics. He was calm, composed, joking, offered analysis into the game, made a witty comment here and there and sidestepped Pogba.

Doesn't quite go with the man about to be sacked narrative.
I thought he seemed muted and drained rather than calm and composed.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I respect that he used the correct phrasing "i could't care less" at least, so many people say "i could care less", even those with English as the main language....

I mean, personally i have never understood whats so difficult about it(and im no expert at english), but considering so many people gets it wrong, there must be something about it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Today's post match from Jose, you have to admit, is far from the usual dramatics. He was calm, composed, joking, offered analysis into the game, made a witty comment here and there and sidestepped Pogba.

Doesn't quite go with the man about to be sacked narrative.
Are you kidding?

Dve

Will this be the end of Jose's top flight career or will another club see him as the Messiah who can save them. He really has brought nothing to Spurs other than his usual conflict & strange comments.
I can't see him wanting to drop down the pecking order to a lesser club where he isn't able to buy top players & would have to develop youth.
I see him as a full time pundit on TV where he can tell us about his "Specialness"
I don´t think he´ll get another job in England, and doubtfully at any top club in Europe. I´m sure he could get a well paid job in different cultural environments, but Western liberalism has outgrown him.

podurban2

I don´t think he´ll get another job in England, and doubtfully at any top club in Europe. I´m sure he could get a well paid job in different cultural environments, but Western liberalism has outgrown him.
Western liberalism? What? :lol:

R'hllor

Remember the Caf going in on Martial during that period.
That period was something alright, bunch of acolytes weirdos making enemies of any player that wasnt in JM good grace. Also, wasnt there posts calling him autistic, low IQ from his school days or something like that

Mr Smith

Time to give international management a go, I think. Seems to still have a knack of competing in knockout tournaments. All I can see for him really, A different managerial approach than club football could be good for him.
I think he actually would be well suited to it, but I don't think it's something that appeals to him at all. In multiple interviews he's talked about the fact that he loves going into work every day and working with players, and the pace of club football. I think he might think international management is boring by comparison.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I think he actually would be well suited to it, but I don't think it's something that appeals to him at all. In multiple interviews he's talked about the fact that he loves going into work every day and working with players, and the pace of club football. I think he might think international management is boring by comparison.
He’s also clearly an absolute control freak. No way could he cope with borrowing his players for a few weeks at a time from their clubs. It might turn into the only time an international manager refused to release players back for their club duty :lol:

NYAS

:lol: The state of that

marktan

Boggles the mind Levy gave him a big contract after his shambolic stint with us.

Jose owes Sky Sports like £10m for the appearances they let him make.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Going back to Porto sometime in the next few years seems like a real possibility. Conceicao won't stay forever.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I doubt any sane director in Europe would pay what he demands in wages. Maybe national team would be easier for him. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere in China.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Funny seeing people line up to write his obituary

He's no longer top class but he'll always get a job in the top flight if his demands are reasonable
Maybe, but not at the elite clubs IMO. I just don't see any of the League/CL-challenging teams going for Mourinho anymore.

gazbradley

He’ll probably manage to win the Carabao and be able to claim his Spurs reign was a success, maybe even make an advert about how it’s up there with finishing second with us

CM10

That period was something alright, bunch of acolytes weirdos making enemies of any player that wasnt in JM good grace. Also, wasnt there posts calling him autistic, low IQ from his school days or something like that
Forgot about that. Mourinho had a real cult following on here but that post in particular stood out as a contender for being the most idiotic.

Alan Partridge

Not going to lie I find the whole media narrative being pushed about him a bit tacky. Got the likes of Tim Sherwood sitting in the studio trying to make fun of him. Pogba doing his part with what seems to me like an entirely unnecessary, and rather unprofessional interview. Is it really necessary to flog a dead horse? The man is in an extremely stressful position and you’ve got the media etc jeering on like its some part of the sport.

Maybe I’m just being sensitive, maybe I’m letting my soft spot for the antihero Mou show.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not going to lie I find the whole media narrative being pushed about him a bit tacky. Got the likes of Tim Sherwood sitting in the studio trying to make fun of him. Pogba doing his part with what seems to me like an entirely unnecessary, and rather unprofessional interview. Is it really necessary to flog a dead horse? The man is in an extremely stressful position and you’ve got the media etc jeering on like its some part of the sport.

Maybe I’m just being sensitive, maybe I’m letting my soft spot for the antihero Mou show.
You can just watch the interview instead of just reading tweets. Gives much better context of what was asked and how calm he was when answering the questions. There was nothing unprofessional about this interview.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Easily. That Torres book was telling. A tremulent Mourinho calling the Madrid players rats with tears running down his cheek while they derisively snicker sounds hillarious.

He lost their respect completely and found himself losing his confidence as he moved forward. That Madrid spell completely changed him as a manager.
Good word. Never realized it meant shaking, always thought it had to do with being drunk.

CM10

Oh come on. Mourinho has said far worse about plenty of people in the media, including his own players.

There was nothing wrong with what Pogba said, but Mourinho can't have any complaints about anything said about him in the media when he's regularly used it as a tool to publicly embarrass people or make snide remarks. If you want to talk about professionalism hold Mourinho to those same standards.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sure he will be sacked?
Can't be 100% sure about anything I guess but I'm struggling to see how he stays on to be honest. The football is dire and the results aren't there anymore to make up for it.

Weirdly, we've also gone backwards. I've never liked him, didn't want him hired in the first place but thought I'd give him a chance. Last season and early on this season, we looked at least more structured, with a specific game plan. I actually thought he was doing a good job at times.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what our game plan is now, though other than hope Son or Kane do something.

He's lucky there's no fans because the atmosphere would have turned very toxic in the stadium a while ago.

Alan Partridge

You can just watch the interview instead of just reading tweets. Gives much better context of what was asked and how calm he was when answering the questions. There was nothing unprofessional about this interview.

Oh come on. Mourinho has said far worse about plenty of people in the media, including his own players.

There was nothing wrong with what Pogba said, but Mourinho can't have any complaints about anything said about him in the media when he's regularly used it as a tool to publicly embarrass people or make snide remarks. If you want to talk about professionalism hold Mourinho to those same standards.

I have watched the interview. Why even give an interview at all let alone publicly criticize someone in your industry who isn’t even relevant to you anymore? Right before a big game between against? Just purely to create media hype and draw attention. I think it’s petty and unnecessary. Save that kinda stuff for your autobiography or your documentary or whatever the hell else. Sure Mourinho has made harsh comments on players he’s managing, but that’s his prerogative as their manager (I personally disagree with it as a tactic though).

Maybe I’m just playing devils advocate, I think they’re two clowns in the same circus.

roonster09

Scout
Can't be 100% sure about anything I guess but I'm struggling to see how he stays on to be honest. The football is dire and the results aren't there anymore to make up for it.

Weirdly, we've also gone backwards. I've never liked him, didn't want him hired in the first place but thought I'd give him a chance. Last season and early on this season, we looked at least more structured, with a specific game plan. I actually thought he was doing a good job at times.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what our game plan is now, though other than hope Son or Kane do something.

He's lucky there's no fans because the atmosphere would have turned very toxic in the stadium a while ago.
Yeah he is lucky as games are behind closed doors, would have been boos after every game.

Also I think he won't be sacked if he wins League cup.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah he is lucky as games are behind closed doors, would have been boos after every game.

Also I think he won't be sacked if he wins League cup.
I hope not.

Obviously I hope we win the trophy. Not just for the club or the fans or players but a little bit for him too, so he can carry on his streak of having won a trophy everywhere he goes.

I hope Levy has learned his Ramos lesson though.

roonster09

Scout
I have watched the interview. Why even give an interview at all let alone publicly criticize someone in your industry who isn’t even relevant to you anymore? Right before a big game between against? Just purely to create media hype and draw attention. I think it’s petty and unnecessary. Save that kinda stuff for your autobiography or your documentary or whatever the hell else. Sure Mourinho has made harsh comments on players he’s managing, but that’s his prerogative as their manager (I personally disagree with it as a tactic though).

Maybe I’m just playing devils advocate, I think they’re two clowns in the same circus.
He was asked about Ole and Jose and how different they are, also about Jose's post match comments.

I don't see any problem with the interview, also I don't understand why players should take all the shit and never talk back.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That is because I could care less is the correct phrase. It's said with sarcasm before it was spoilt by woke people like yourself
It isn't though, the original and correct phrase is "couldn't care less", "could care less" appeared later and it's anyone's guess as to why people dropped the negative. Nowadays you can use both.

JohnnyKills

Didn't anyone think that Mourinho at Spurs was going to work? It seemed a crazy move from the start to me and I'm by no means a football genius!

Castia

The week he was hired at Spurs was one of the most bizarre in Caf history.

After his stint with United I’d presumed he wouldn’t get another top job, his ‘3 year plan’ was so obvious at that point it would be crazy to hire him..I honestly thought he’d be in China on mega money or maybe take the Portuguese national job.

Then he gets the Spurs job and 90% of Redcafe react like they’d just signed prime SAF and the title was in the bag for Spurs, it was the most ridiculous thread I‘ve ever seen on here I had to double take I thought people we’re on a wum.

If football hadn’t ‘advanced’ in terms of attacking play then he’d still probably be a top manager but his style of being hard to break down and beat is so old it just doesn’t cut it, teams/managers in the PL have had to adapt but Jose seems stuck in 2007.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I hope not.

Obviously I hope we win the trophy. Not just for the club or the fans or players but a little bit for him too, so he can carry on his streak of having won a trophy everywhere he goes.

I hope Levy has learned his Ramos lesson though.
If you win EFL Cup then you are automatically in EL again. Levy will be happy with that and he won’t sack Jose.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
John Terry and a few others have spoken in interviews about Jose ignoring them when they were injured, I thought most people knew that already.

Pogba said nothing controversial or rude.

I think it's weird that Jose does it but he's always done it, certainly from his first stint at Chelsea anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
John Terry and a few others have spoken in interviews about Jose ignoring them when they were injured, I thought most people knew that already.

Pogba said nothing controversial or rude.

I think it's weird that Jose does it but he's always done it, certainly from his first stint at Chelsea anyway.
That's what I said when I saw the interview. Terry and Lampard mentioned it, the difference being that at the time the press turned it into a positive when in my opinion it really isn't. In that sense I do think that the press have enabled some of his known behaviors which he is now paying for.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Going back to Porto sometime in the next few years seems like a real possibility. Conceicao won't stay forever.
He’s already soured the image one of his most loved fanbases had of him, why not do it for another?

Status
Not open for further replies.