Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is it unjustified though? We all know the symptoms and unfortunately (for Spurs that is), those are coming out a bit too early.
Pretty much, I seem to remember that some of the Chelsea fans were seeing them early too when he was at United.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
61% said he will win a trophy in the other thread. Amazing. It's a great skill how he dupes boards and fans time and time again despite all the evidence showing that he's been finished since almost 5 years..
At least he has past glories to dupe them with. Ole duped everyone with some standard lines of fire and passion

Amerifan

If Spurs were smart they would hire him an assistant manager to act as front man and require Jose to get media training. I like him, but at this point he needs to shut up and let his results speak for themselves. The results haven’t been there for a while now, and he’s in real danger of talking himself out of his chosen career.

Skills

Snitch
People mask over how unbelievably shit we were for the majority of his first season.

He spent £160m odd and we barely scored 50 league goals the entire season.

crossy1686

career ending
He’ll be gone before Harry Winks is, I reckon that much. He’s already started going Full Metal Jacket, once he saves his head you know we’re in the final stretch.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Unbelievable :lol: their squad is head and shoulders better.

Son, Kane, Moura, Alli is a better front 4 to start with. Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks is just as good as our midfield. Defensively the only upgrade i'd say we have is AWB over Aurier and De Gea over Lloris.
I really think that the media have built this Spurs squad into something they are not. If I had to choose tomorrow if I would swap the current United squad for this Spurs team, I wouldn’t.

If you take out Son and Kane, it is painfully average. Terrible full back options, aging centre backs, Sissoko/Winks is as average a pivot as they come. Eriksen wants out and has been awful for a year now. And Alli and Moura blow hot and cold and can’t be relied upon to perform consistently.

United have their own squad issues, but also have a number of young players on the rise with potential to improve, and some players which were written off, like Fred, are slowly proving themselves.

I would have de Gea, AWB, Maguire, Williams (Rose is awful), Fred, McTominey, Rashford and Martial into that Spurs team tbh.

Pochettino was the key to their elevation and Levy forgot that along the way and will pay a heavy price now.

Their error was not refreshing the squad gradually along the way. Jose is in trouble

Revaulx

Yes and no.

We certainly turned to shit after Zlatan got injured, Europa League final aside. We weren’t utterly shit before then; we controlled games and created plenty of chances. Our finishing was absolutely woeful though, and Zlatan was every bit as culpable for that as anyone.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
61% said he will win a trophy in the other thread. Amazing. It's a great skill how he dupes boards and fans time and time again despite all the evidence showing that he's been finished since almost 5 years..
Well you can win a trophy and not do a stellar job. I don't rate him as a great manager anymore. But I can see him winning the odd trophy and claim it's his greatest achievement everer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People say he wasn't a good fit for us, so i couldn't see at all how he suits Tottenham.

He likes London seemingly the only good fit. But he's shown time and time again that he needs the biggest, richest, or team with the best squad in the country to compete.

And with us showed that he's well past the magic days.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Right so we're now 6 weeks into Jose Mourinho's tenure as Spurs manager and things are already turning sour a bit. He's thrown Ndombele under the bus, he's got into arguments with coaches, he's attacked the VAR and he's even started blaming the actual football that's used in cup games for his teams' performances. At this rate I feel like this will be his shortest tenure as a manager so far. How long will it last?
Things are a little better than they were under Poch but with our squad being a total disaster Jose is going to need a couple of transfer windows to get things turned around. This year has been awful and our squad has imploded - most of our defenders have declined dramatically, our midfield is virtually non-existant and we are about to lose one of our most talented players in Eriksen. Those who have watched Spurs closely in the past year have seen all this and Jose coming in has not changed the state of our squad - he is trying to change things and has had some success but now with Kane injured we are basically a mid-table side. If we get top 4 it will be an incredible achievement for Jose (we wont).

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He won't be sacked this season, no matter what. My target will be next October, after he complains about failed transfer targets and the US / Asia pre-season difficulties (which all top clubs have, even Portuguese clubs)

Flying_Heckfish

I'm sure he has assurances about funds in the window, but he will be asking for a few... especially with Kane's injury.

Let's see his temperament after the window closes.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Things are a little better than they were under Poch but with our squad being a total disaster Jose is going to need a couple of transfer windows to get things turned around.
That's where the logic of hiring him escapes me.

Even if you presume there's still enough left of the old Jose, he's hardly known for patiently assembling a squad without spending an arm and a leg (compared the opposition). When United hired him, it made a modicum of sense (presupposing he still had some mojo left) since we could offer him a relative shitload of money to burn: In his first window he got Zlatan on silly wages and Pogba on ditto - and for what was, at the time, a world record transfer. Spurs aren't in a position to do anything similar.

And - again - all of the above is obviously predicated on the idea that he isn't completely past it in the first place.

Backrow Singer

Blimey. There’s more passion and higher standards being shown in this thread than I’ve seen for a while. Wish we could take some of that nastiness and some of those standards and use it at our own club. Haven’t seen it for a few years. We almost sound like we’re supporters of a big club again.

Last edited:

Greck

Things are a little better than they were under Poch but with our squad being a total disaster Jose is going to need a couple of transfer windows to get things turned around. This year has been awful and our squad has imploded - most of our defenders have declined dramatically, our midfield is virtually non-existant and we are about to lose one of our most talented players in Eriksen. Those who have watched Spurs closely in the past year have seen all this and Jose coming in has not changed the state of our squad - he is trying to change things and has had some success but now with Kane injured we are basically a mid-table side. If we get top 4 it will be an incredible achievement for Jose (we wont).
Oh man wait till you see his transfer targets and what he's like in transfer windows. You're going to sign a few physical donkeys to enable bullyball and some underwhelming veterans. Exciting times ahead....not for you though

edit: reserving real estate for when Jose tries to bring Felaini in the summer

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
His first hiring will be Lo Celso (simply because they have a mandatory clause :D )

He said himself there are no quickfix targets and that he is aware that Spurs target players that are not in the plug&play level yet, but rather rely on market opportunities, so I hardly see him hiring veteran players under Levy.

Can't say the same about the workhorses, though.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
His first hiring will be Lo Celso (simply because they have a mandatory clause :D )

He said himself there are no quickfix targets and that he is aware that Spurs target players that are not in the plug&play level yet, but rather rely on market opportunities, so I hardly see him hiring veteran players under Levy.

Can't say the same about the workhorses, though.
Well the guy is not stupid and I trust him to bring in players that will suit whatever system he wants us to play. I think he will get backed by Levy quite heavily (for us anyway - perhaps not the millions that Utd/Chelsea, etc can spend).

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty much, I seem to remember that some of the Chelsea fans were seeing them early too when he was at United.
We were dismissed as being bitter even though that made zero sense given we were pissing the league under Conte.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We were dismissed as being bitter even though that made zero sense given we were pissing the league under Conte.
I don't know if I called any of you bitter but I was surprised to see how critical some of you were, I always assumed that you would have blue tinted specs when looking at him.

As I've said in the other Mourinho thread, Spurs are more in contention for top 4 than when he took over, still in the FA Cup and have the CL knockout stages to look forward to.

So starting a "sack watch" thread is pretty desperate.
Desperate?

you are one of the most deluded supporters I’ve ever encountered. Jose is showing all the signs of his usual self-destructive nature, yet this time it’s even quicker than normal. Added to the mix is that he won’t get the financial backing he’s received at previous clubs. We all know it’s going to end very badly, the only question is when? So of course it’s justified.The thread should have been created on his first day. Seems so long ago that he was charming, and telling everyone how he’s learnt and changed... great entertainment though, just as long as he’s not managing the team you support! We know from experience
Is it unjustified though? We all know the symptoms and unfortunately (for Spurs that is), those are coming out a bit too early.
Yes - the cycle is quickening with each new appointment. Must be a grind to know you are getting £15-20m each time you get sacked.

Champagne Football

He’ll be gone before Harry Winks is, I reckon that much. He’s already started going Full Metal Jacket, once he saves his head you know we’re in the final stretch.
So so true :) He always arrives at his most recent jobs clean shaven, in a suit with neat tidy haircut, looking tanned, fresh and happy. A month or two down the line he pulls a Brittany Spears, shaves the head, the tan disappears as he transforms into a childish petulant trouble-maker.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Barring a massive implosion he won't sacked this season, so the thread is likely premature.

Schmeichel=God

He needs a sabbatical.
He's had one. For me he's finished. Mentally I reckon he knows.

Portugal internationally should be his next and final job. Club football has left him behind at the top level.

Of course he could get work, and the money aspect is a factor, but I feel he's too proud to step down any further than Tottenham level.

He's about to become the next Moyes.

Game over.

nikineil

Has he really though? That post match after Sevilla was toxic in every single way you look at it. At Spurs, he's not blamed the club or Levy yet. Nor has he thrown Kane/Son/Alli under the bus yet, as he did with Pogba, Martial, Shaw, etc out here. I havent seen him do that yet, but again its only 6 weeks in. There is not a chance in heck that Jose does his regular shenanigans within 6 weeks. This is the best job he could have possibly hoped for honestly. No way he throws this chance away.

Paul_Scholes18

He's had one. For me he's finished. Mentally I reckon he knows.

Portugal internationally should be his next and final job. Club football has left him behind at the top level.

Of course he could get work, and the money aspect is a factor, but I feel he's too proud to step down any further than Tottenham level.

He's about to become the next Moyes.

Game over.
Moyes is doing a good job for West Ham so far. 2/2 wins and 6 goals scored with 0 conceded.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Think the key for me is Spurs performances haven't really improved from the disappointing last few months of Poch's reign.

They were good in spells v West Ham and Bournemouth but were still clinging onto the 3-2s at the end. Outplayed by Chelsea and Man. United and were incredibly lucky to win at Wolves so that's his big three test so far.

And 1 point at Norwich and Southampton (and they were lucky to get that) shows he has not lifted their away form that much.

Not a glorious 10 game spell when everyone was expecting a major bounce.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know if I called any of you bitter but I was surprised to see how critical some of you were, I always assumed that you would have blue tinted specs when looking at him.
For the most part there was still respect there (at that point) we were just countering the theories he was going to change his way and adapt to the United way, it was never going to happen.

We could relate because we fell for the "I'm sticking down roots this time" line aswell.

Paul_Scholes18

And the 6 years prior to those 2 games? ;)
Well hard to defend that, but I shall try.

We had a very old squad that had been pushed to the limits by SAF. Woodward sucked at negociating so he didn't get the players that would make us win the league. Was forced to play crap football in order to make Fellaini perform to his best.
For Real Socidad he had the right ideas, but he couldn't get his ideas across to the team since the translators sucked.
For Sunderland they had the worst squad in the league so not even Big Sam would have been able to save them at that point.
At West Ham the last time he saved them from certain doom so did a great job there.

Nickelodeon

Desperate?

you are one of the most deluded supporters I’ve ever encountered. Jose is showing all the signs of his usual self-destructive nature, yet this time it’s even quicker than normal. Added to the mix is that he won’t get the financial backing he’s received at previous clubs. We all know it’s going to end very badly, the only question is when? So of course it’s justified.The thread should have been created on his first day. Seems so long ago that he was charming, and telling everyone how he’s learnt and changed... great entertainment though, just as long as he’s not managing the team you support! We know from experience

Yes - the cycle is quickening with each new appointment. Must be a grind to know you are getting £15-20m each time you get sacked.
Everyone is deluded with regards to their own club. Many of us also refused to see the signs with Jose as well. Especially after the Sevilla game when the destructive cycle was in full flow.

Some of our fans are currently one of the most deluded bunch too with some claiming that Ole will be successful after 3-4 windows.

caid

Hiring him on that basis isn't a great plan. Especially when the first bit of money you've spent in years is on 3 players he's not going to like. I guess you didn't have much choice moving on from Pochetino but i really cant see Mourinho working out well as his replacement.
He'll last 18 months comfortably enough because he's clearly a good manager, but you'll be happy to see the back of him by then.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He isnt going anywhere any time soon. Next season a different story however. Id imagine before taking the job he got some assurances from Levy on xfer budget, I doubt Spurs will splash the cash. But they will generate funds by selling fringe players and those that want out. Rose, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Wanyama, Walker Peters, Foyth. And probably have a little war chest from all the CL money they been raking in.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Moyes is doing a good job for West Ham so far. 2/2 wins and 6 goals scored with 0 conceded.
That really is neither here nor there. They're just not being managed by the last guy so are enjoying a bounce of sorts. Doing a good job can only be evaluated after a far bigger sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.