Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Imagine being so archaic you cannot comprehend changing anything you do with regard to approaching games.

He is so predictable and easy to play against now. It's crazy to think he was one of the managers that forced others to adapt to him and his approach to the game during his first 5 years of management.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I was one of his last defenders on here, and it had mainly to do with him winning trophies and not accepting any lack of ambition from the board. In a way, I felt it was an insurance policy against an unambitious board.

The way Spurs are now playing and the way we played nearing the end of his tenure, is very similar. In fact, it's similar to how we're playing - most of the time - under Ole.

It seems to lack tactical fluidity and clear patterns of play. Also, devoid of tempo. He's been one of the most charismatic managers around and he's relied on that. When that's impacted, as it has been, it impacts his ability to motivate his players - which is probably his biggest attribute.

Hard to evaluate how important Faria was, but it's been downhill mainly since he's started doing his own thing.

Walters_19_MuFc

I know we (United) lost yesterday but i'd be seriously worried if I were a Spurs fan. Jose lost his 'special' touch a long time ago.

EDIT: As I say that, they go and score haha

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Well, we know what the half time dressing room motivational speech will be.

‘We’re fecked.’

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I know we (United) lost yesterday but i'd be seriously worried if I were a Spurs fan. Jose lost his 'special' touch a long time ago.

The thing is, there's only so many times you're going to get away with it unless your players are simply better than everyone else's and those 'out of nothing goals' are commonplace rather than something that may or may not happen.

There is no tactical plan outside of sit and break and it's becoming increasingly apparent that teams/managers relish playing Mourinho sides whereas, in the past, it was one of the most dreaded fixtures on the calendar.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

I think once Bale gets a run of games, he might be the one to save Jose's ass. I felt last week Jose had absolutely no chance to survive as he has no track record of taking a team in 5th or 6th place to the top. The success he had in the past always came at clubs that would have won the league blindfolded whether he was there or not, such as Porto/Inter Milan/Madrid/First stint at Chelsea.

But he's just signed a player who has gone off the radar for a few seasons but still has the potential to be world class ans single-handedly save his ass.

United Junkie

Since Madrid. But people keep bringing up his last prem title with Chelsea as if he still had that relevant specialness about him even though he lost in the round of 16 in the CL with that Chelsea squad against PSG on away goals.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Since Madrid. But people keep bringing up his last prem title with Chelsea as if he still had that relevant specialness about him even though he lost in the round of 16 in the CL with that Chelsea squad against PSG on away goals.
Neither Spurs nor Jose are as bad as people make them out to be. Jose won silverware at United and this Spurs team seems to have a better balance and if Bale regains fitness they might actually win something this season. I definitely wouldn't write them off, esp so early.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It was stupid of hassenhuttll to play that suicidal high line. It's as if he didn't take into account that they have Son (and Moura) who would have a field day

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Will get a small boost with Bale and Reguilon but don't think it'll be enough. They've got three games coming up this week.
The psychology of signings a top player on display already. I believe Bale will give Spurs a good boast as well, but fixture congestion and Mourinho poor management and archaic gameplan will prevent them from having a great season. I do feel that he will put all their focus on the Europa league and or a domestic cup and maybe even win it. Hard to right Mourinho off, especially when he is backed by his board.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
It was stupid of hassenhuttll to play that suicidal high line. It's as if he didn't take into account that they have Son (and Moura) who would have a field day
Son isnt exactly slow, not a great idea to give him a lot of space to attack in behind. Maybe Hassenhuttll hasnt seen the goal where he runs through like the whole Burnley team. Felt sorry for Soton Goaly getting hung out to dry.

As for Spurs, midfield outside Lo Celso still unconvincing for me. Defense without Alderweireld also looks a little shaky. Serious firepower in attack though if Bale gets fit and firing, Son, Kane, Bale front three will scare any team. Those three on the counter is a Jose dream.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Went for a walk at half time and nearly collapsed in the park when checking the score around the 80th minute mark.:lol:

Thought they were pretty poor in first half and lucky to go in at 1-1. Shocked how the second half went given they played on Thursday evening as they were very flat to start with.

Even if the rest of the team needs a bit of work Son and Kane are still world class forwards who can excel either in counter attack games or when Spurs have most of the possession so give them enough of the ball and good chances and they'll do what they did in second half.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Will get a small boost with Bale and Reguilon but don't think it'll be enough. They've got three games coming up this week.
I expect them to easily win the first two of those matches, and they can still get something at home against a disorganised Newcastle. Hardly a tough week for them.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I expect them to easily win the first two of those matches, and they can still get something at home against a disorganised Newcastle. Hardly a tough week for them.
Everyone expected them to easily win against Plovdiv, and literally the only reason they're still in the Europa League is because Plovdiv imploded and had two players sent off.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Everyone expected them to easily win against Plovdiv, and literally the only reason they're still in the Europa League is because Plovdiv imploded and had two players sent off.
That's football, it's full of shock results. Nobody ever knows for sure which teams will win their next matches. But yes, I definitely expect Spurs to win their next two, possibly all three matches this week.

Champagne Football

I think the signing of Bale has lifted a lot of gloom that Jose brought, and could be a real game changer even though he hasn't kicked a ball yet.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Same guy who said this:

What an arse.

He's also the one going around sticking three fingers up when apparently he had "1% of the responsibility" but suppose that doesn't apply to his trophies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Same guy who said this:

What an arse.

He's also the one going around sticking three fingers up when apparently he had "1% of the responsibility" but suppose that doesn't apply to his trophies.
So he's basically saying that a manager has no effect on players ability to perform well on the pitch?

That's something else.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
So he's basically saying that a manager has no effect on players ability to perform well on the pitch?

That's something else.
The manager always has as much or little influence on anything as Jose's agenda of the day requires.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I still think that more than tactis and training drills, Jose's problem is mainly his leadership style. Players nowadays are more professional, have better grass roots knowledge and are ready to interpret any instructions, not to mention the atention to exercise and diet nowadays.
They are there to play football and being instructed, not to put up with an authoritarian persona who acts like a bipolar patient.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

Same guy who said this:

What an arse.

Managers and staff do get paid a hell lot then if they only contribute 1%. Clubs should consider letting them all go and players to do the job on their own :D

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I still think that more than tactis and training drills, Jose's problem is mainly his leadership style. Players nowadays are more professional, have better grass roots knowledge and are ready to interpret any instructions, not to mention the atention to exercise and diet nowadays.
They are there to play football and being instructed, not to put up with an authoritarian persona who acts like a bipolar patient.
I dont think that's true. Ole is the opposite of jose, does he fare better with these sets of professionals? Other than some lip service the performance are hardly anything to be proud of.

You also think great managers are all cuddly arms around the shoulder type of guy. Our very own SAF was known for his hairdryer treatment, pep was a perfectionist, and many other great managers are there because of their discipline.

And judging from our own mason greenwood NT debacle, phil foden, john terry banging his mate's bird, and many other incidents, footballers are more often than not petuland teenager that needs discipline

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Same guy who said this:

What an arse.

Hes always saying 'I beat you', 'I won XYZ' etc. Never credits the teams.

RedDevil@84

Can't believe people get take his match pressers seriously. It never has any indication of what he feels or does. The only time he is truthful I guess is when he has decided enough is enough and I want to be sacked from this s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.