Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

Right so we're now 6 weeks into Jose Mourinho's tenure as Spurs manager and things are already turning sour a bit. He's thrown Ndombele under the bus, he's got into arguments with coaches, he's attacked the VAR and he's even started blaming the actual football that's used in cup games for his teams' performances. At this rate I feel like this will be his shortest tenure as a manager so far. How long will it last?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Until he realises Levy isn’t all that keen to buy him a 33 year old winger. He’ll probably be there for less time than Solskjaer.

Paul_Scholes18

He normally start well in teams so I think he will last a bit longer. Then things depend what he can get in the market.
I think things might go down next season anyway.

When they get knocked out of the CL is when he will turn really moody. The Sevilla game was the start of us going down for him here.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I'm glad he's making an arse of himself because the longer he stays in this role, the less evidence that the clowns that support him have to say that he did nothing wrong at United and he wasn't backed. He's got a better sqaud at Spurs than United and doing a shitter job.

Paul_Scholes18

I'm glad he's making an arse of himself because the longer he stays in this role, the less evidence that the clowns that support him have to say that he did nothing wrong at United and he wasn't backed. He's got a better sqaud at Spurs than United and doing a shitter job.
Not sure the squad is that much better to be honest. I think we had a better midfield and defense than them when he managed us. Kane is better than Lukaku and Son is better than Rashford/Martial. Although the difference is not gigantic. Fairly similar squads in quality overall I would say.

serxyo

Glad to see McNair and Fletcher help the Boro’s. 6 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses now for Mourinho. On Saturday they play vs Liverpool and I feel like he has to win this one or else we could see his explosion. Can’t wait.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He needs to learn when to fight his battles. Whether it be playing the kids in domestic cups or refraining from throw a squad, already lacking confidence, under the bus. Old dog. Same tricks.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Glad to see McNair and Fletcher help the Boro’s. 6 wins, 2 draws and 4 losses now for Mourinho. On Saturday they play vs Liverpool and I feel like he has to win this one or else we could see his explosion. Can’t wait.
Spurs are not beating Liverpool, they have been dreadful for months now. So bad they got Pochettino sacked. The fact we are actually in front of them speaks volumes about how bad they are. We have a whole section of this forum that is 99.9% complaints about our players, manager, tactics, backroom staff, board, direction as a club, Woody, stadium, etc, if we had a cheese room there would be complaints about that as well. And we are still in front of Spurs.

Judas

Open to offers
This is the first time he's ever joined a team midseason isn't it? If he starts next season and its more of the same, then I suppose the sack talk makes sense. Right now its just daft.

ArjenIsM3

This is the first time he's ever joined a team midseason isn't it? If he starts next season and its more of the same, then I suppose the sack talk makes sense. Right now its just daft.
Is it? The way I see it he's already doing stuff he normally starts doing way further down the line.

Judas

Open to offers
He's come into a club which is a bit of a mess with unrest with players, has someone else squad and is known for liking things his way. I'm not exactly a Jose lover, but a bit of common sense shouldn't be that hard. The early signs aren't great for him though.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He's come into a club which is a bit of a mess with unrest with players, has someone else squad and is known for liking things his way. I'm not exactly a Jose lover, but a bit of common sense shouldn't be that hard. The early signs aren't great for him though.
Yeah and he helped the situation by promptly throwing their flashiest summer signing under the bus. All of his problems are more or less self made.

Nickelodeon

He has lost it. It's a matter of when he'll be sacked.

His redemption could be the CL due to the relatively easier draw but it seems that Leipzig would knock the stuffing out of Spurs. One of the rare joys of football nowadays is watching Spurs play and see his brand of football from United replicated elsewhere. Apart from a couple of games, he seems to have carried that trait of making any opponent outplay his side.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not really. He joined Porto at mid-season and it was far from being a great period to the point that a lot of Porto fans had serious doubts about him, since Porto's performance on the 2nd group stage under his tenure was terrible, but he made 6 wins in a row closing the league and that made Porto's chairman hold his spot.

Curiously the situation was pretty much similar: Porto was trying to build a strong squad to regain the title and had actually invested a good sum of money (for the reality of our league) on players that were already end product in theory, but turned out useless on pratice.

Canagel

61% said he will win a trophy in the other thread. Amazing. It's a great skill how he dupes boards and fans time and time again despite all the evidence showing that he's been finished since almost 5 years..

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
61% said he will win a trophy in the other thread. Amazing. It's a great skill how he dupes boards and fans time and time again despite all the evidence showing that he's been finished since almost 5 years..
And still he won trophies, that's why people voted in that poll. It wasn't about PL or CL, any trophy. Wouldn't be surprised if they pick up domestic trophy with Jose in charge.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure the squad is that much better to be honest. I think we had a better midfield and defense than them when he managed us. Kane is better than Lukaku and Son is better than Rashford/Martial. Although the difference is not gigantic. Fairly similar squads in quality overall I would say.
Unbelievable :lol: their squad is head and shoulders better.

Son, Kane, Moura, Alli is a better front 4 to start with. Ndombele, Sissoko and Winks is just as good as our midfield. Defensively the only upgrade i'd say we have is AWB over Aurier and De Gea over Lloris.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
As I've said in the other Mourinho thread, Spurs are more in contention for top 4 than when he took over, still in the FA Cup and have the CL knockout stages to look forward to.

So starting a "sack watch" thread is pretty desperate.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Still hope he ends up at Bayern at some point.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
6 Wins
2 Draws
4 Losses
50% Win Rate
24 Goals Scored
19 Conceded
1 Clean Sheet

ResultCompetitionDateHomeScoreAway
WPremier League23/11/2019West Ham2 : 3Tottenham
WChampions League26/11/2019Tottenham4 : 2Olympiacos
WPremier League30/11/2019Tottenham3 : 2Bournemouth
LPremier League04/12/2019Manchester United2 : 1Tottenham
WPremier League07/12/2019Tottenham5 : 0Burnley
LChampions League11/12/2019Bayern Munich3 : 1Tottenham
WPremier League15/12/2019Wolverhampton Wanderers1 : 2Tottenham
LPremier League22/12/2019Tottenham0 : 2Chelsea
WPremier League26/12/2019Tottenham2 : 1Brighton
DPremier League28/12/2019Norwich2 : 2Tottenham
LPremier League01/01/2020Southampton1 : 0Tottenham
DFA Cup05/01/2020Tottenham1 : 1Middlesbrough

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
And still he won trophies, that's why people voted in that poll. It wasn't about PL or CL, any trophy. Wouldn't be surprised if they pick up domestic trophy with Jose in charge.
That was my thinking, but I also expected him to get Spurs grinding out better results in the short term than he has. It's still very early days and I assume the sack watch in the title is more than a little tongue in cheek but whatever honeymoon period he had is over and the pressure is on.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So what are Spurs' options in the transfer market this winter? With those amazing stadium loans and the most modern sports tempel in the universe they might go for some huge transfers and Mourinho should be just fine.

6 Wins
2 Draws
4 Losses
50% Win Rate
24 Goals Scored
19 Conceded
1 Clean Sheet
ResultCompetitionDateHomeScoreAway
WPremier League23/11/2019West Ham2 : 3Tottenham
WChampions League26/11/2019Tottenham4 : 2Olympiacos
WPremier League30/11/2019Tottenham3 : 2Bournemouth
LPremier League04/12/2019Manchester United2 : 1Tottenham
WPremier League07/12/2019Tottenham5 : 0Burnley
LChampions League11/12/2019Bayern Munich3 : 1Tottenham
WPremier League15/12/2019Wolverhampton Wanderers1 : 2Tottenham
LPremier League22/12/2019Tottenham0 : 2Chelsea
WPremier League26/12/2019Tottenham2 : 1Brighton
DPremier League28/12/2019Norwich2 : 2Tottenham
LPremier League01/01/2020Southampton1 : 0Tottenham
DFA Cup05/01/2020Tottenham1 : 1Middlesbrough
Three wins in his first three games, one win in his last five games. Might be reason for concern.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So what are Spurs' options in the transfer market this winter? With those amazing stadium loans and the most modern sports tempel in the universe they might go for some huge transfers and Mourinho should be just fine.
They've been linked to Max Aarons at Norwich and Nathan Ferguson at West Brom. Not sure who else?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That was my thinking, but I also expected him to get Spurs grinding out better results in the short term than he has. It's still very early days and I assume the sack watch in the title is more than a little tongue in cheek but whatever honeymoon period he had is over and the pressure is on.
I think his record in PL is decent, they are struggling defensively. Now with Kane out, they might struggle.

Re trophies, Jose takes even a league cup very seriously. So they might win it. Not a chance of winning PL.

Castia

Remember when they appointed him a few weeks ago and everybody thought it was an amazing bit of business by Spurs to get rid of one if the best young managers in football for a past it Jose?

Most of the Spurs fans were delighted on here, biggest mistake they will make and will set them back years by the time he’s done.

Nickelodeon

As I've said in the other Mourinho thread, Spurs are more in contention for top 4 than when he took over, still in the FA Cup and have the CL knockout stages to look forward to.

Is it unjustified though? We all know the symptoms and unfortunately (for Spurs that is), those are coming out a bit too early.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

1 win in the last 5 games Glaston. It's also Jose and he's a prick so thread justified.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
And he has still won trophies in the 5 years you mentioned. I was one of that 61% and while I might end up being proven wrong, it's not totally unrealistic he will win a trophy with Spurs. He has done it everywhere in his career, whether the trophies are classed as 'Big Ones' or not.

Denis' cuff

Don’t honestly think he cares much anymore. If he hasn’t been given a full set of cards, he’ll get fed up and spit the dummy after two years, then kick back after getting sacked on full salary for the remaining 12 months. Rinse/repeat. Reckon his assistant saw the writing on the wall and split. Become a pure mercenary like a lot of players we could mention. That’s the modern game; from owners to players, they’re all out for as much wonga that they can grab.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's just naturally a very unhappy narcassistic man, and it comes out especially bad once the pressure is on.

He seems a charming nice man away from the pressure, he's a good tv pundit when he is relaxed but IMO he's done as a football manager at the top level. He was never the same man after Madrid.

He had every ability to succeed at United and he threw it away as he didn't get exactly what he wanted - he isn't going to get that Spurs either and I can't see him battling through it, he just hasn't got the patience.

Imagine him having a full year of no transfers? he'd go ballistic.

saivet

I voted that way because, as shown against Boro, he will start his strongest possible team in the cups, regardless of opposition.

Zlatattack

Yeah I agree. Frankly I'm surprised we weren't in the champions league final.

Status
Not open for further replies.