Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Yes I get that but these players have been utter shite since before Jose came in - at least 6 months before. There is clearly a major problem in the squad.
Your squad needed a refresh, but the first thing Mourinho did was alienate the £50m refresher you guys actually did invest in (Ndombele).

soralapio

fecking bullshit. I really don't get people like you and other Mourinho fanboys, the man is a dinosaur, he is past it and refuses to get in with the times blaming everything but himself and his fanboys enable him too.
Yeah, precisely. There's the classic saying: "if you run into a couple of assholes once in a while, you ran into a couple of assholes. If you run into assholes constantly, you're the asshole". The same thing applies here. Either the footballers at club after club after club are somehow defective and don't know how to play football, or Jose Mourinho is a bit shit at the whole football manager thing these days? Even if the latter wasn't obviously true on its face, when those defective footballers all turn good the moment Mourinho's shadow stops darkening their football ground, you don't really need to write a thesis-length paper to prove it.

Jose used to be an innovative and effective manager, but then his head broke and he turned into a sour, dour asshole who sees enemies everywhere and is too busy flailing at shadows to move with the times and come up with new tricks to replace the ones that haven't worked for many years now.

Shark

@NotShark
fecking bullshit. I really don't get people like you and other Mourinho fanboys, the man is a dinosaur, he is past it and refuses to get in with the times blaming everything but himself and his fanboys enable him too. The footballers have always been very highly paid especially in the times of Mourinho, its not like he started his career in the 70s, he had Abramovich dumping millions into Chelsea's players the first time around.
Me neither, I've a friend who doesn't stop going on about how he's a soft spot for Mourinho and how he's going to keep a close eye on Spurs this season. A United fan supposedly. Oh and he hates Pep with a passion, won't ever give him a shred of credit for anything he's done in the game.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I just don't buy this type of argument.

You have a massive hole in your squad, where a midfield/ playmakers are supposed to be. Combined with poor full-backs, you're seriously ill-equipped to dominate possession and build attacks, which makes the whole squad look like they don't know how to create anything. Effectively, you still haven't found replacements for Dembele or Eriksen (or peak Rose/ Walker).

At the same time, you're managed by someone who seems to be completely out of tune with the modern game, and has consistently proven over the last decade that he's a horrible man manager.

Fix those issues soon, and you won't waste the end of your prime years of Kane/ Son. See above comments on the turnaround in fortunes of the likes of Martial, Rashford and Pogba.

Though the longer Jose stays, the less time you have before an even more major rebuild is needed...
We have Lo Celso and N'Dombele - they should fill that creative hole. Problem is Lo Celso is injured and N'Dombele hasn't adjusted to the league yet and feck knows if he ever will.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We have Lo Celso and N'Dombele - they should fill that creative hole. Problem is Lo Celso is injured and N'Dombele hasn't adjusted to the league yet and feck knows if he ever will.
By sitting on the bench he will never be.

clarkydaz

you can almost see the quotes coming later this season

'Champions League stadium, Europa League players', stuff like that

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
you can almost see the quotes coming later this season

'Champions League stadium, Europa League players', stuff like that
Say what you want about Levy but he won't half put up with a rant like the one after Sevilla loss. Levy sent Harry's ass packing for flirting with the England job.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If he can't come on over Sissoko in a game where you lot needed a goal, he better get comfortable and build himself a warm fire on the bench to warm his legs.

Rolaholic

He's been too busy taking acting lessons over the summer to bother switching up or tinkering with his tactics it seems :lol:

Feeling quite a bit of deja-vu seeing him already stating his players and trying to turn the fanbase against much of the same squad Pochettino had playing out of their socks

clarkydaz

Say what you want about Levy but he won't half put up with a rant like the one after Sevilla loss. Levy sent Harry's ass packing for flirting with the England job.
You would hope so. That will cost Spurs , Jose doesnt come cheap. Remember he played Woodward like a fiddle for a new contract then walked away supposedly with £20m payoff waiting to be sacked

lex talionis

The problem lies with Mourinho himself, who comes across as a bitter, broken man. Performances under Chelsea and United were dire and Spurs are clearly underperforming relative to reasonable expectations under him.

Answering why is irrelevant. Here we are now and hopefully, at least from a Spurs perspective, Levy will see his folly and sack him before the "festive season". I'm not sure who the perfect answer would be but there's every reason to believe that Pocchettino would do a far better job that Mourinho is now capable of.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
It was an incredibly disappointing and worrying performance yesterday. I feel like all the hope I had for this season has gone after the first 90 mins. There appears to be an issue with mentality at the club - it's been like this for many years as you all know and has remained through several managers. The lack of fight and determination yesterday was unforgivable though, especially for the first game of the season. I'm very worried and if things don't dramatically improve soon Jose will be going but unfortunately I think if that happens then the NEXT manager will have exactly the same problems - something is rotten at the club and in the squad.
:)oh Now you say something is wrong at the club and in the squad after Pochettino is gone :lol:. Pretty sure the blame was pointed at Pochettino before and all Spurs fan called Jose some type of savior with a lot of positive comments about him. The fact is Pochettino was a brilliant manager that did the impossible with this Spurs team. While playing attractive football. I m not sure who taught it was a good decision to replace that sort of manager with Mourinho who is the polar opposite of that.

Mourinho bought in Hodjberg and Doherty. These signings would never been approved by Pochettino and shows exactly the direction your club is heading towards. Mediocrity. I wouldn’t allow Mourinho anymore signing before he completely set back your club further.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

Lo Celso is an underwhelming signing for the price, Hojberg hardly an upgrade on what you already have. For a club with no money, you aren't exactly spending smart with what little you have. Everton's Allan and Doucore are both better for similar money.

freeurmind

weak willed
One game into the season and people are going mad though to be fair Jose does sortof bring it on himself.

Utd7

He’s not getting sacked this season. Unless they have a catastrophic start like Chelsea in his second term and are forced. Levy is still on the hook for Poch’s salary. He’s not paying three managers simultaneously. Especially during an economic recession.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Lo Celso is an underwhelming signing for the price, Hojberg hardly an upgrade on what you already have. For a club with no money, you aren't exactly spending smart with what little you have. Everton's Allan and Doucore are both better for similar money.
I disagree on Lo Celso, he was one of our best players before lockdown. Hojberg the jury is out and it will take a few months to really be able to make judgements. I think we are spending the money pretty well if I'm honest as we have needed a player like Hojberg for a long time (as I said we need to wait and see how he does) and the likes of Doherty are very solid signings and smart in terms of money - we spent effectively around £20 million on both of those players (when you consider KWP sale) - I don't know how much Everton spent on Allan and Doucore but I'd suspect it was more than that (just checked and it was £42 million for the both of them so over twice the amount). I think we need to give it a few months before judging the new signings to be honest.

Krisbijoy

There is a good player in Lo Celso though.
I agree about Hojberg. What was the point ? Doherty is also a solid signing, nothing spectacular but he will keep things tidy on the flank and will chip in with the assists.

Devil81

If we're all honest if Spurs want to rescue this season then I think they need to act sooner rather than later.

We've seen this rolled out before, he's going to say the squad isn't good enough and he's not been allowed to spend what he needs.

Reality is this team were and still are a good attacking side, unfortunately for them though they've got a manager who's first thought is defensive shape rather than attacking football.

romufc

If we're all honest if Spurs want to rescue this season then I think they need to act sooner rather than later.

We've seen this rolled out before, he's going to say the squad isn't good enough and he's not been allowed to spend what he needs.

Reality is this team were and still are a good attacking side, unfortunately for them though they've got a manager who's first thought is defensive shape rather than attacking football.
There is video proof of him saying this squad is better than United, he has added 2 more transfers to it.

There are no excuses for him. He has a WC Striker, very good wingers, and solid players everywhere else.

Devil81

There is video proof of him saying this squad is better than United, he has added 2 more transfers to it.

There are no excuses for him. He has a WC Striker, very good wingers, and solid players everywhere else.
Other than Kane were better all over the pitch, he's talking utter rubbish if he said that. Player for player I wouldn't take any of the others over their like for like alternative.

Paul_Scholes18

Other than Kane were better all over the pitch, he's talking utter rubbish if he said that. Player for player I wouldn't take any of the others over their like for like alternative.
Doherty in attack as well over AWB. Although AWB is better at defending. Could use them in different games for optimal effect.

tomaldinho1

All my Spurs mates said the same thing after the game, that no one was really playing for Mou. It was like a training game in terms of intensity.

His tactics re pressing are essentially to implement a loose press from the front (there's a part where you see him explaining it to Moura/Son and how they need to shift across to cover so the players behind can stay in shape) which is so easy to bypass. Everton were switching play from side to side all through the game and it immediately undoes any pressing with that strategy & Travellers your attackers. Unless he changes the strategy, he might as well go back to having no press and a really deep structured approach because that's what he's good at.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
One game into the season and people are going mad though to be fair Jose does sortof bring it on himself.
It is just like looking at the end of his second spell at Chelsea and his time with us. During his most successful period over a decade ago, he and his teams thrived off siege mentality - us against them, with Mourinho deflecting attention off his players where he could in press conferences etc. Over the past few years it has been more like him against his squad, with him more than happy to shit on his players.

He almost pushed away our most talented players, and he could end up pushing Kane away. Not watched the All or Nothing documentary but he said this:

Harry Kane said:
“Obviously, Christian was an amazing player, we got on very well. He wanted a new challenge and you can’t blame someone for wanting to try something new. I guess that’s the business of football. I guess that’s the business of getting sold for the right price or getting bought for a certain price. It’s never as easy as ‘Ok, you want to go, you can go’, because that’s not the way it works.”
I can see another trophyless season happening, no Champions League football and City wanting to sign him as their Aguero replacement. Kane will be for it, with Levy being the obstacle.

Spurs are far better than Jose had them playing. The same was true of Utd.

Look at the players at both clubs he could t get the best out of. For Utd see Pogba, Fred, Martial and Shaw. There are other guy can argue like Rashford.

But Jose would have gladly sold those players and bought the likes of Willian and Perisic.

He now has Kane and Son who are both World Class, and again he’s not getting the best out of them. I’m sure there are others, but I don’t watch enough of them to identify who.

freeurmind

weak willed
It is just like looking at the end of his second spell at Chelsea and his time with us. During his most successful period over a decade ago, he and his teams thrived off siege mentality - us against them, with Mourinho deflecting attention off his players where he could in press conferences etc. Over the past few years it has been more like him against his squad, with him more than happy to shit on his players.

He almost pushed away our most talented players, and he could end up pushing Kane away. Not watched the All or Nothing documentary but he said this:

I can see another trophyless season happening, no Champions League football and City wanting to sign him as their Aguero replacement. Kane will be for it, with Levy being the obstacle.
Make no mistake, Jose and Kane will almost certainly end up hating each other with Kane wanting out and Jose wanting Levy to sell him.

redIndianDevil

Jose used to be an innovative and effective manager, but then his head broke and he turned into a sour, dour asshole who sees enemies everywhere and is too busy flailing at shadows to move with the times and come up with new tricks to replace the ones that haven't worked for many years now.
I don't think he was ever innovative, sure there could be games where his team would have attacked more but he was mostly a one trick pony, it helped that he managed some less successful clubs like Chelsea at the beginning where he looked like an underdog going against the established teams, but he can't always be the underdog especially with spending boat loads of money.

I think he would be a lot happier if he swallows his pride and tries to coach some mid table club.....he could then pull off surprise wins and he could be the pantomime villain he loves being

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Quite contrary. He said in his first press conference he is very happy with his squad and he has got everyone he asked for except a striker and that they are working on get one and will get one before the window closes.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Mourinho always protects himself first and foremost. Really he is just protecting the eagerness of clubs to hire him. His excuse is its the teams fault or the boards fault, but never his, because that makes other clubs hire him once he is fired by the club he presently manages.

I could not understand how you would go from Poch to Mourinho. Two different styles.

Devil81

Quite contrary. He said in his first press conference he is very happy with his squad and he has got everyone he asked for except a striker and that they are working on get one and will get one before the window closes.
He said that before the players he expected to perform for him didn't bother showing up.

Give it a month and he will turn on them.

Foxbatt

I didn't see Kane trying hard. He is a top CF who is big and can head and hold the ball. He didn't do much of that. Jose teams normally defend well too.
Jose doesn't need Spurs to play good football right now. All he needs is to win games.
Getting Jose after LVG was a mistake. Getting Jose after Poch is another big mistake. Being defensive can win you trophies if you are really good at it. Jose is neither here nor there.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's a mixture of both though isn't it - it's the players responsibility as much as the managers. There was a lack of determination yesterday on the pitch - that's on Jose and that's on the players. It's not a black and white thing.
Funny enough, this was also a rhetoric that was repeated by people in our Jose out threads. :lol:

sugar_kane

Here is my attempt at defining a typical supporter arc at a Mourinho club:

1. "This man is a winner and that's what we need right now" (Initial denial at claims of his outdated tactics and temperament)
2. "He's finally bringing a bit of passion back, weeding out those who won't run through a brick wall for him" (as he starts to turn the players into bastards, freeze some out, and promote the talentless lumps who are just grateful to be getting guaranteed first team football)
3. "It's the players fault, he needs to build a team" (as the players, worn down or seeing through his nonsense gradually down tools)
4. "It's the boards fault, they aren't backing him." (as he ramps up the petulance and goes to war with everyone)
5. "He's finished, please get him out of our club" (as they spectacle of him setting fire to everything and serving up the worst football they've ever seen in their lives finally wears thin)

and despite all the above being true there is still a shred of me that feels a bit sorry for him, as someone with his ego turning into a serial failure must hurt fecking hard. Then I remember his series of million pound contract payouts for continual failure and chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.