Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

RashyForPM

Not a chance PSG will hire him. Neither would Bayern.

Maybe Juve or back to Inter or to replace Simone at AMadrid.
Agree on PSG and Bayern. Those clubs are far above his current standard. However, I think even the last few clubs you mentioned wouldn’t go anywhere near him. His frequent meltdowns make sure of that.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Agree on PSG and Bayern. Those clubs are far above his current standard. However, I think even the last few clubs you mentioned wouldn’t go anywhere near him. His frequent meltdowns make sure of that.
Wouldn't be so sure, there's always one club that will panic and/or believe they can fix his flaws.

RashyForPM

Wouldn't be so sure, there's always one club that will panic and/or believe they can fix his flaws.
No doubt you could be right, as us and Spurs have already fallen into the trap (I’ll exclude you lot as he won you the league). But after seeing 3 consecutive meltdowns (this one is inevitable) at Chelsea, us and Spurs, surely none of them will go for him. I mean ffs, he could very well have taken you down if Roman hadn’t sacked him. Owners and CEO’s aren’t stupid (Woodward look away :nervous:).

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
No doubt you could be right, as us and Spurs have already fallen into the trap (I’ll exclude you lot as he won you the league). But after seeing 3 consecutive meltdowns (this one is inevitable) at Chelsea, us and Spurs, surely none of them will go for him. Owners and CEO’s aren’t stupid (Woodward look away :nervous:).
You would have thought so but when I see Moyes spending a decade getting jobs based on his Everton work and the panic appointments of "solid proven" managers when a club lose their nerve granting a progressive one some patience I can't help but feel he will be able to live of his peak for a while yet.

He won't be appointed to oversee a project but I could easily see him being panic appointed like he was at Spurs a few more times yet.

Paul_Scholes18

No Spurs fans that still think he will win them the league?
It look like it could be midtable away from europe this season with him.
I am not sure what will get him sacked. Outside top 4?

Revaulx

I've said this before when people praised us defensively under Mourinho but, imo, that was mainly down to de Gea having absolutely incredible, out of this world seasons prior to the world cup. Opposition teams were creating chances at will against us and he single-handedly kept us alive. We never looked that solid defensively as a team under him to me. We had some good defensive performances as a team like against Ajax in the final, and a home win against Chelsea, but they were very rare.
Smalling and Blind :drool:
What?

Name me good defensive performances. @Yagami gave you two and those were rare. If he was happy with our defence, why every summer he wanted another centre back to blame? De Gea was amazing in those seasons too and I never felt we were a great defensive team like Chelsea or Inter were under Mourinho.
This

Revaulx

Watching that clip from the fly on the wall documentary I think they need to be banned.

It's so fake it's unreal, Jose's speech felt pre-planned. In fact it reminded me of one of those stupid Essex programs where it's normal people but scripted.
Glad it's not just me. Though lots of people seem to be taking it dead seriously.

RashyForPM

Clearly going all in for the Europa again, unless some Spurs fan can tell me why else he’s put this team out. Otherwise, it seems a ridiculous team to put out on a shite pitch, in a postbox of a stadium, against a team their u-18s would hammer (never heard of Plovdiv before this).

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Clearly going all in for the Europa again, unless some Spurs fan can tell me why else he’s put this team out. Otherwise, it seems a ridiculous team to put out on a shite pitch, in a postbox of a stadium, against a team their u-18s would hammer (never heard of Plovdiv before this).
Fitness, their pre season was terrible with quarantine, covid and inty break. Makes sense to play a strong team and get more minutes under them, basically an extra friendly.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fitness, their pre season was terrible with quarantine, covid and inty break. Makes sense to play a strong team and get more minutes under them, basically an extra friendly.
Yeah I think that is a big part of it - also we really need to get a good performance after Sunday.

RashyForPM

Fair enough. Then this should benefit them, although looking at that pitch against fired-up opponents thirsty to have a go at Son and Kane, I’d have been a bit more cautious if I was Mourinho.

EwanI Ted

I think Jose & Spurs will be in a joyless marriage for a long time yet. I can see them spending the entire season within sight of the top 4 without ever getting close, so that Levy can't quite justify getting rid of Jose, despite the results and the joyless football.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
You have to wonder where next for him once the inevitable happens.

Didn’t he want to go into semi-retirement as Portugal manager when he was about 65? He might have to bring that forward a decade or so.

Pagh Wraith

One of the most beautiful cities you are ever going to see! The oldest city in Europe, too.

DRM

He just sucks at man management. Look at his comments on Ndombele yesterday:

"Last season he was stuck in a situation where I couldn't see evolution"

"In this moment, I believe in Tanguy. I never doubted his quality. I doubted in some moments his motivation and commitment and professional attitude."

I mean, he's just scored the winning goal after a difficult 1st season adapting to a new league, country etc. Perhaps leave out the negative comments Jose??

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

"In this moment, I believe in Tanguy. I never doubted his quality. I doubted in some moments his motivation and commitment and professional attitude."

I mean, he's just scored the winning goal after a difficult 1st season adapting to a new league, country etc. Perhaps leave out the negative comments Jose??
He's a bully. When things don't go his way he'll target certain player(s) and use them as scapegoat, and when they put in a performance he'll take all the credit.

He hides behind shit metaphors to make himself seem like a highly intelligent individual and we're the idiots for not seeing what he sees. In actual fact, he's currently an average manager whos struggling to come to terms with the fact there's nothing special about him. He's a narcissists.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There can be no doubt that Levy is backing him big time now - we are still hopeful of getting a striker in and possibly another midfielder. That is a massive outlay for us this window. It's a ballsy move from Levy to be fair to him so fingers crossed it works out. The team hasn't 'clicked' with Jose yet but perhaps with Bale and the other new players coming in (I have very high hopes for the RM LB) we will get our confidence back and really start playing well.

If it doesn't work out then it will be a disaster.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
There can be no doubt that Levy is backing him big time now - we are still hopeful of getting a striker in and possibly another midfielder. That is a massive outlay for us this window. It's a ballsy move from Levy to be fair to him so fingers crossed it works out. The team hasn't 'clicked' with Jose yet but perhaps with Bale and the other new players coming in (I have very high hopes for the RM LB) we will get our confidence back and really start playing well.

If it doesn't work out then it will be a disaster.
No CB?

Chuckled at Mourinho saying post match "well Plodiv offered nothing forward until Sanchez make a mistake that lead to the corner" sums Sanchez up. Even in games he's solid he's always likely to mess up big time at some stage. Then you have Dier who's mediocre but looks like he'll be a first choice as things stand.

Mourinho used to be known as a supreme defensive coach especially in the big games but just looking at Spurs record since he took over, 7 clean sheets in 27 league games so not that amazing.

Skeezix

Yeah I think that is a big part of it - also we really need to get a good performance after Sunday.
And to be fair to Jose, I actually enjoyed United's Europa games more than FA or League Cup games. I'd always prefer Thursday night matches than nothing to watch.

Going all in for Europa League is not foolishness.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No CB?

Chuckled at Mourinho saying post match "well Plodiv offered nothing forward until Sanchez make a mistake that lead to the corner" sums Sanchez up. Even in games he's solid he's always likely to mess up big time at some stage. Then you have Dier who's mediocre but looks like he'll be a first choice as things stand.

Mourinho used to be known as a supreme defensive coach especially in the big games but just looking at Spurs record since he took over, 7 clean sheets in 27 league games so not that amazing.
We will bring in a CB also - I'd say striker and CB are our main priorities now with us also looking at creative midfielders and will probably act if we spot one for the right price.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
To be fair, the return of Bale plus the new additions will give Spurs a huge buzz. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally win some silverware, but definitely still not good enough for the league.

Guy Incognito

To be fair, the return of Bale plus the new additions will give Spurs a huge buzz. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally win some silverware, but definitely still not good enough for the league.
It really is all or nothing this season. They'll never have a better opportunity to win silverware.

EwanI Ted

Jose has a tendency to massively overuse his important players and treats injury as a sign of weakness. Bale has had 15 injuries & missed 65 games with injury in 4 seasons. This could be fun.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Can Jose be saved by Bale? I still think they will implode this season.
He hasn't played in a while so nobody really knows his current or potential level. But if he regains full fitness and form he definitely could turn their season around. They definitely look a decent team now. But it won't be easy as other teams have also strengthened.

criticalanalysis

Shaw/Martial/Rashford/Pogba comments all over again.

Ndombele would have putting in all action Veira, KDB, Terry, Lampard etc performances week in, week out before he'll properly 'trust' him without damning faint praise etc.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He said he was 'a special one' not 'the special one'.

I know it seems a small difference but imagine a guy saying 'I'm a son of God' and King James comes along and changes that to 'I'm the son of God'. That would lead to a lot of confusion.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
His problem seems to be he knows he needs to adapt to the modern game but either he’s simply too stubborn to do so or is incapable of it. Both of which pose interesting questions.

At United I thought it was his most interesting job to date as he had to become a more progressive coach at the job he’s always wanted but could he do it and leave behind the methods that had always served him well but which the modern game treats with disdain. The latter appears the answer, he tried to do so but when it failed he tried to revert back and was caught in between. Lambasted for his toxicity, praised for a defensive resoluteness that evades him apart from a rare occasion. A reputation that precedes him but is fast dwindling at the height of the game.

I think just the sheer amount of success he’s had may be counting against him, he’s trying to adapt but I don’t think his ego is fully allowing him to embrace it. The appointment of the new coaches at spurs was certainly another step in that direction. But I don’t think he wasn’t trying at United either, I just don’t think he’s fully figured out how he wants to configure a team and how he can configure a team in 2020. The same can be said for the last four years really.

He’s one of the smartest most successful and enigmatic coaches of this century. He’s fascinating to watch and this league is always vastly more interesting with him residing in it . It’s going to be interesting to see how the rest of his managerial story unfolds.

One thing for sure is Levy is enamoured with him, I expect he’ll get the most backing and leeway of any spurs manager in history.

Needham

I don't understand how people continue to expect Mourinho to change this aspect of himself. It's not a part of his personality. It's part of his character. His deflecting, disparaging, and razzing others out is a lot less calculated than people think and as much a part and parcel of his make up as moonwalking was part of Michael Jackson's. He literally cannot help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.