Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
His comments today are the start of his meltdowns. He’s tried so hard to be normal and not give the media what they want. But he just can’t resist. I was going to give him till after Christmas at least, but the Covid depression means he’s going to lose his shit before we even get to Halloween.

I actually feel sorry for the spurs fans who have been so excited by the revolution. They haven’t tasted the full Jose effect yet.
The fans are still in the denial phase. They still believe it will be different this time around.

No matter how many Utd and Chelsea fans tell them what’s going to happen, they think they know better.

Chief123

Didn't watch the spurs game. What's the drama about?
It’s due to the penalty awarded to Newcastle in injury time. It was a disgrace. But that’s because of the law and not the ref. I loved it for the Jose meltdown though.

Chief123

What’s hilarious is Jose and rival fans keep harping on about the penalties we get yet other than the one away at villa, they were all legit penalties. Not our fault we keep getting fouled. :lol:

RyRoc

The salt is tearing him apart! :lol:

So he is implying the only way with 2 minutes left on the clock to get something was through a referee decision. What about your own team finding the character and quality to create something Jose? :lol:

hmchan

So he is implying the only way with 2 minutes left on the clock to get something was through a referee decision. What about your own team finding the character and quality to create something Jose? :lol:
Tottenham records an xG of 3.19 according to Understat. Not creating?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He needs to fix the Dele Alli situation. Otherwise he'll be too dependent on Son/Kane firing and Bale regaining his form.

He needs to find a way to get more out of Dele Alli to give Spurs an extra threat.

Fts 74

He's obviously very bitter towards us.

Just seen his comments about pogba getting a penalty against them last year and the one being overturned yesterday involving pogba.

He's pathetic.

Grande

He's obviously very bitter towards us.

Just seen his comments about pogba getting a penalty against them last year and the one being overturned yesterday involving pogba.

He's pathetic.
He’s kind. He’s the kind of boy friend that you should just be relieved you’re rid of him and don’t pay what he says about you any mind at all. And don’t think it says anything about you that you were ever with him to begin with. But don’t ever get with someone like that again. And don’t wish him on anyone else, not even your rivals, ‘cause nobody deserves that. That kind.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The salt is tearing him apart! :lol:

gonna be some tasty PR between him and Ole running up to game next weekend.

But I think Spurs have a game on Tuesday and Thursday before meeting United on Sunday?

Chief123

gonna be some tasty PR between him and Ole running up to game next weekend.

But I think Spurs have a game on Tuesday and Thursday before meeting United on Sunday?
Yep. Hopefully they’ll be knackered by our game!
Son being out for our game is huge. He’s there biggest threat!

bludsucker

Jose is being so salty. Still hurting from the penalty against dier last season. I am enjoying it now that he isn’t our manager.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole wasn't even funny when he said it, just came out of nowhere throwing that comment. He provoked this unnecessarily.
If anything Ole's comments were witty and Mourinho comes across as an old tart who has lost all his charm.

:lol: Destroyed

yfoFC

I would always want us to play well, but I would love if we had a shocker next week against Spurs but then got a contentious penalty in the 105th minute which was a trip by Dier on Pogba right on the edge of the 18 yard box.

Then Fernandes steps up to take it and does a hop, skip, jump, pants down, dinks it down the middle where it comes off the underside of the cross bar, bounces back out, ref blows the full time whistle, but just as he blows it, the ball spins back and goes in the net. It goes to VAR who award it as a goal while Jose is already walking down the tunnel. Nob.
:lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Solskjaer's comment was ok for me, without any evil thinking towards Jose. Jose's comments i don't even get it tbh but if it is about penalties, i don't think that he meant to be a prick. Just two managers joking around.

Edit: just saw latest comments. Yep, he is little bit salty.

terraloo

Supports
Chelsea
Let’s be brutally honest the changes to the handball law are hard to comprehend but ” thems the rules ”

The managers, the players, the pundits and yes the press were briefed and are well aware of the changes and don’t like them but we are where we are.

The laws as they are aren’t the property of the PL we saw last year just what happened when a league put its own spin on VAR there wasn’t consistency even within one league let alone all FIFA registered associations.Hence why the PGMOL are having to toe the line.

Would that penalty have been awarded last season? Pretty sure it wouldn’t. Would Chelseas third goal have been allowed last seen pretty sure it wouldn’t but we aren’t in last season.

Spurs have and will benefit from VAR decisions but this weekend there was good use of VAR in tandem and the current version of handball the trouble for Spurs was that as we are told time after time if a team can manage to stay just one down then they are always in the game.

JM clearly is one frustrated manager , then again unless he is getting it all his own way he always is.

Slowly but surely the discord with the players that forced him out of Chelsea is repeating itself at Spurs.

The criticism that he levelled at his perceived lack support from the board is simmering just below the surface at Spurs and his talk about injuries and size of squad is aimed to just at the footballing authorities but at Levy.

Come the January window Spurs will be just a couple of months from having to repay a chunk of money to HM Government and will be extremely interesting to see how that’s funded with no gate receipts and an owner who clearly isn’t looking to chuck big bucks in. So cuts or sales are inevitable.

If JM is in situ come Christmas then there really will be some fun to be had.

Chief123

Solskjaer's comment was ok for me, without any evil thinking towards Jose. Jose's comments i don't even get it tbh but if it is about penalties, i don't think that he meant to be a prick. Just two managers joking around.

Edit: just saw latest comments. Yep, he is little bit salty.
Yep Ole was just joking with the interviewer because Brighton hit the woodwork so many times. Jose joked about it himself when he said it. But for some reason took it personally and started harping on about all the penalties we got even though they were legitimate. :lol:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Ole has played the game so understands how to do banter. Maureen is an outsider so his attempts to do banter just come off as awkward.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
What’s hilarious is Jose and rival fans keep harping on about the penalties we get yet other than the one away at villa, they were all legit penalties. Not our fault we keep getting fouled. :lol:
There was one other one (James against Norwich if I remember correctly) that shouldn't have been given. But yeah, every other one was legit. We also had the blatant penalty we should have got when Fred was fouled against City, so over the course of the entire season we were one penalty up. Obviously there were also some 50/50 ones that we perhaps should have got or perhaps should have given against us, but overall it's hardly anything that should have been complained about like it was. It was nothing like Liverpool in 18/19 for instance where they got ridiculously lucky with the refs.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
If anything Ole's comments were witty and Mourinho comes across as an old tart who has lost all his charm.

:lol: Destroyed
You're entitled to your opinion, I feel Ole provoked this unnecessarily and he won't win against Mourinho in the press conferences.

Really no point in creating an enermy here, the press will really blow it out of proportion if we end up losing against Spurs because of his jab.

hmchan

He needs to fix the Dele Alli situation. Otherwise he'll be too dependent on Son/Kane firing and Bale regaining his form.

He needs to find a way to get more out of Dele Alli to give Spurs an extra threat.
Mourinho used Alli very well when he first took over Spurs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Mourinho used Alli very well when he first took over Spurs.
I think we could sell him this week. I would rather we didn't but it depends on Dele getting his head right and performing on the pitch - he has clearly gone off the boil in the last 2 seasons and it's make or break for him now.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You're entitled to your opinion, I feel Ole provoked this unnecessarily and he won't win against Mourinho in the press conferences.

Really no point in creating an enermy here, the press will really blow it out of proportion if we end up losing against Spurs because of his jab.
I mean, Ole's comments seemed, on paper, intended in a humorous spirit. Did it sound like a taunt?

Mourinho winning press conference battles is a thing of the past just like his top class ability as a manager. I do agree that Ole doesnt need to get into pointless battles but then again nothing wrong with a bit of harmless fun.

Skeezix

Nah! I think Mourinho started it with the Bruno, our penalty decisions last season insinuating that we get all the penalty while Tottenham never does. (which is obvious because we had many runners into the box last season)

And never mind his comments on Ole while he was out of job.

October, 2019, before our Liverpool game, Mourinho speaking as a pundit on Sky Sports

"They did some good PR in the week to make it absolutely clear or create positive atmosphere for the game. I'm going to try to get a job like Ole has, and speak all the time about the future."

I actually like it that Ole can give it back to Mourinho with the banter. Good entertainment value there.

Traub

Nah, only silver lining of this defeat is it will buy him more time to destroy Spurs.

Haddock

Fair play to you Jose. Fair fecking play.

You reckon he said "Lads it's Yaanaited"

Last edited:

Untd55

Remind me about how he is 'finished'. Turning Tottenham into a really strong team. This defensive manager's team has now scored 12 in 4 games in the PL, joint top with Leicester and Everton.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Remind me about how he is 'finished'. Turning Tottenham into a really strong team. This defensive manager's team has now scored 12 in 4 games in the PL, joint top with Leicester and Everton.
I mean, sure they are improving now, but you just know it will all go sour at some point(probably during this season), this win doesnt really change that, though fair play to him for Spurs picking up form now.

hmchan

Haters would say he relies on Kane and Son with low xG shots. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.