Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

He doesn't learn, does he. Hos cowardly mentality never sat well with us. It's good when you win but when you start dropping points his style of play is pathetic. I am not kidding they have a good squad and if Jose showed more balls and let his attackers play they would be leading the table. His stupid tactics cost the Liverpool game, crystal palace game and now this.

He won't evolve and his cult fans think it's everyone's fault but his. Glad he is not something we have to worry about.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He doesn't learn, does he. Hos cowardly mentality never sat well with us. It's good when you win but when you start dropping points his style of play is pathetic. I am not kidding they have a good squad and if Jose showed more balls and let his attackers play they would be leading the table. His stupid tactics cost the Liverpool game, crystal palace game and now this.

He won't evolve and his cult fans think it's everyone's fault but his. Glad he is not something we have to worry about.
Its boring regardless, as a neutral, i found Spurs just as dreadful to watch when they were winning as they are now.

tomaldinho1

The caf unanimously called this when he took over.

The league is wide open, Spurs have the best No9 in the league and a lot of very good players, Mou was backed and he sets up like he's a Hodgson disciple. To Dare is to Draw.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wonder what Kane really thinks. He’s signed until 2024, by which point he’ll be what 31? Too old to move.
I can honestly see him pushing for a move if they don't get into the CL either through league or europa.

He is one of the best around in world football now in his position and those types simply have to be playing champions league year in year out.

Can you imagine if any of Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Mbappe, Neymar missed out on CL for even one season, they're probably all be on their agents to move clubs that summer.

Having 3 years left does put Spurs still in a good position though so I imagine the crunch will be sumer 2022 as two years would be last chance to get really big money and then you risk him running his deal down.

Interesting to see what he decides in next 18 months given he's coming up to 30 now. Van Persie was in a similar position a decade ago and we all know what he decided. I think actually winning league cup would make it easier for Kane to move on as he'd feel content with at least leading Spurs to one trophy in his "era" there and deep down he knows they're not good enough to win league given they had the conditions this year to seriously fight for it.

Irwin99

I'm weirdly fascinated by how this will go and if he will implode or Spurs fans/board will get rid of him. I genuinely feel that if his players keep buying into his methods and they stop throwing away points in the last 15 mins then they're really not far away at all from being a title contender. The trade off of course is that the football is often dire. It's pretty obvious he wants to build another Chelsea/Inter style team that strangles the life out of games and is really tough to break down. From what I've seen of Spurs, aside from set pieces and stupid individual errors they're actually on the right track it seems.

It's 50-50. I don't think his situation is nearly as dire as people make out being just six points off top in his first full season and in a cup final already. if he keeps the players and fans on his side I still think he might be a success there :nervous:

Chief123

I'm weirdly fascinated by how this will go and if he will implode or Spurs fans/board will get rid of him. I genuinely feel that if his players keep buying into his methods and they stop throwing away points in the last 15 mins then they're really not far away at all from being a title contender. The trade off of course is that the football is often dire. It's pretty obvious he wants to build another Chelsea/Inter style team that strangles the life out of games and is really tough to break down. From what I've seen of Spurs, aside from set pieces and stupid individual errors they're actually on the right track it seems.

It's 50-50. I don't think his situation is nearly as dire as people make out being just six points off top in his first full season and in a cup final already. if he keeps the players and fans on his side I still think he might be a success there :nervous:
Absolutely no chance they are title contenders dude.

Irwin99

Absolutely no chance they are title contenders dude.
Another attacking player to compliment Kane and Son and if they start killing teams off then they're not a million miles away. Some of the points they dropped earlier in the season were ridiculous from what I remember and they probably should have gotten a draw against Liverpool. They could easily have 36 points at this stage in the season. Their brand of football might be shite but it can be effective if done right.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

They've already dropped 21 points this season and still two games off the halfway point. When they had a tough run of fixtures recently they won 1 game out of six.

In the next 7 games they play Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham and Man. City so 3 teams they've already dropped points to and Man. City away they'll just play for a point.

On course for anywhere between 60-70 points so may just make top 4 but a far way off not just 1st but 2nd I reckon.

In Poch's last season they finished 4th with 71 points so not convinced they'll beat that points total tbh.

Also have to factor in the conditions. They didn't have a disrupted pre season like Manchester clubs and Kane and Son have pretty much played every minute of every league game so far which hasn't been the case in previous seasons at crunch moments so they were in a good position to have not dropped as many points as they have considering they've dropped points from about 7 games they were leading so far.

Chief123

Another attacking player to compliment Kane and Son and if they start killing teams off then they're not a million miles away. Some of the points they dropped earlier in the season were ridiculous from what I remember and they probably should have gotten a draw against Liverpool. They could easily have 36 points at this stage in the season. Their brand of football might be shite but it can be effective if done right.
Isn’t that the key ingredients for every team? Not dropping points. Killing teams off. Scoring their chances. Same could be said for every team. But being set up like Jose does gives them no chance.

RedDevil@84

Didn't watch the game. Don't tell me Spurs tried to defend a 1-0 score. That would be hilarious :lol:

spiriticon

It's fun to watch the meltdown when you're not part of it :D

Last edited:

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Saw a good tweet that read: Scott Parker 1 - 1 Bus Parker

R'hllor

Remember when we were defending 2:1 leads away while opposition team was down to 10 man, good times.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
“We aren’t getting the results to excuse the style.”

Spot on, exactly the issue I had with him. You could forgive the tumescent football if it actually worked, but it doesn’t.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It will never stop amazing me that Spurs sacked Poch to get him in while majority of the fans at United wanted Poch to replace him

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It will never stop amazing me that Spurs sacked Poch to get him in while majority of the fans at United wanted Poch to replace him
Still have no idea why they sacked him. He led them to a CL final 6 months before, they owed him some loyalty. The players should have been privately told by Levy, ‘the manager is staying no matter what. Sort it out.’

Chief123

Still have no idea why they sacked him. He led them to a CL final 6 months before, they owed him some loyalty. The players should have been privately told by Levy, ‘the manager is staying no matter what. Sort it out.’
It’s because they thought grass was greener. They got ahead of themselves thinking they should be near the top of the league.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
City, with all of their wealth, will go for the very best option(on paper) in Haaland, surely?
Id think RM is where he will end up, just as much money to be made as City. And you are joining arguably the biggest club in world football.

Haaland will have his pick, Benzena, Lewendowski and Aguero all hanging up the boots soon you would imagine.

saivet

Remember when we were defending 2:1 leads away while opposition team was down to 10 man, good times.
One match I will never forget in his first season was when we beat Boro 3-1 away scoring in the last minute to make it 3. We were 2-0 up and and began to sit back, conceded for 2-1 and we then transitioned to playing 6 at the back.

This was a Boro team that had hardly scored and were 19th yet we invited so much pressure onto ourself.

Looked at the match report on BBC and they had 64% possession!

OhGee

The caf unanimously called this when he took over.

The league is wide open, Spurs have the best No9 in the league and a lot of very good players, Mou was backed and he sets up like he's a Hodgson disciple. To Dare is to Draw.
Best #9 playing as a DM...

MalcolmTucker

If ever there was a live action, before our eyes example as to why this mans tactics simply do not work in any way shape or form in the modern era, tonight was the night. I mean where do you start...

In footballing terms, Fulham played us off the park tonight. Their movement, one touch passing and attacking play was a level above ours all night. Fulham, ladies and gentleman.
Our attacking play is so shockingly poor it actually beggars belief. There’s no structure to it, no evidence of any kind of coaching at all. I’ve reference this before, but if you watch us play, almost every chance we create is just off the cuff. It’s a piece of magic, a lucky break away from an interception, a through ball from Kane or Ndombele to Son. It’s absolutely baffling to me that Jose Mournhio thinks that this is a winning formula. Yeah we’ll win some matches playing this way like Leeds where we’re lucky and every shot we take goes in. But there will be far too many games like tonight where all our chances don’t go in and we drop points.

The really sad thing about this depressing Mourinho era is that there’s every chance he could fluke his way to a League Cup, and even if he finishes 10th in the league and leaves us in an absolute heap he’ll have brainwashed a large number of fans who’ll claim his time here was a massive success and that he was some sort of massiah, similar to how some clowns claim he was a success at United.

The man is completely, and utterly, done and dusted as a top level manager. He’s also a slimy, arrogant, two faced prick to boot who I have no doubt will throw many a player under the bus before he’s through with us to cover up for his hopelessness. I for one, cannot wait until he’s gone from our club.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
One match I will never forget in his first season was when we beat Boro 3-1 away scoring in the last minute to make it 3. We were 2-0 up and and began to sit back, conceded for 2-1 and we then transitioned to playing 6 at the back.

This was a Boro team that had hardly scored and were 19th yet we invited so much pressure onto ourself.

Looked at the match report on BBC and they had 64% possession!
Traoure of Wolves was playing for them I think?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
His tactics still work I think. They just don’t work with Jones/Smalling or Dier/Sanchez.

Give him back Samuel/Lúcio, Terry/Carvalho or Pepe/Ramos, and he would still be winning league titles.

It’s an unpopular opinion because he is nasty and his football is unattractive, but the difference between being able to close out games and not make mistakes is right there.

BorisManUtd

Tottenham are 6 points off first place, in Carabao cup final, probably one of favourites in Europa league and in FA cup of course. Football may not be great but they're still in every competition. They do seem overreliant on Kane and Son in attack though.

I can see Jose repeating that 2016/17 season + finishing the season in better place in PL than in that year. He's never a long-term solution but could win few trophies this and next season which would probably be satisfying for majority of Spurs fans, even if they are not biggest fans of Jose's style of football.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Winning isn't enough to justify this kind of football. It is soul destroying.

always_hoping

Spurs league form under him regressed a lot from their peak of 2016/17 season. They hadn't won an away league match for a year and Spurs was 11 points off 4th when he was sacked. Unacceptable in the mind of Levy for a champions league finalists.

RedDevil@84

Still have no idea why they sacked him.
Lost the dressing room. Spurs form nose-dived.

He led them to a CL final 6 months before, they owed him some loyalty. The players should have been privately told by Levy, ‘the manager is staying no matter what. Sort it out.’
Never happens. Once the players decide to drop form and no longer play for the manager, it is over.
It is cheaper to get rid of the manager than the players.

If Levy said such things, the players and their representatives would be all over him. Also at the same time, Levy needs to have some kind of blind belief in Poch. That kind of belief is difficult to have in the modern game.

Status
Not open for further replies.