Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you another Utd fan that would rather see City win something rather than Jose? If so, I again can only scratch my head at how bizarre that is.
i would rather Colchester win the cup than Spurs. But when the alternative is City, I can’t actually fathom why anyone would want city to win.

I think these fans don’t understand what rivalry is.

my list of teams I don’t want to win things goes like this:

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Leeds
4. Everyone else

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
i would rather Colchester win the cup than Spurs. But when the alternative is City, I can’t actually fathom why anyone would want city to win.

I think these fans don’t understand what rivalry is.

my list of teams I don’t want to win things goes like this:

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Leeds
4. Everyone else
That is how I would expect a standard Utd fan to think like. I'm exactly the same except my list goes something like this:

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Everyone else

That is how I would expect a standard Utd fan to think like. I'm exactly the same except my list goes something like this:

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. Everyone else
I thought that looks like a fecked up list, as I temporarily forgot you were a Spurs fan.

interesting that Chelsea are ahead of Arsenal, although I can see an argument why United fans may have City ahead or Liverpool - so understandable.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I thought that looks like a fecked up list, as I temporarily forgot you were a Spurs fan.

interesting that Chelsea are ahead of Arsenal, although I can see an argument why United fans may have City ahead or Liverpool - so understandable.
I despise Chelsea - I don't like Arsenal for obvious reasons but as I don't live in London I don't have that territorial aspect to it which no doubt would put them firmly into number 1 spot if I did. My hatred for Liverpool is very strong also but that is because I'm from Northern Ireland and it's simply FULL of Liverpool fans.

I despise Chelsea - I don't like Arsenal for obvious reasons but as I don't live in London I don't have that territorial aspect to it which no doubt would put them firmly into number 1 spot if I did. My hatred for Liverpool is very strong also but that is because I'm from Northern Ireland and it's simply FULL of Liverpool fans.
cheers. Interesting. I live in London, and really don’t like Chelsea, so perhaps I should have put them on my list! I suppose living in London is also the reason I was surprised they were above Arsenal. But you’ve explained!!

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
cheers. Interesting. I live in London, and really don’t like Chelsea, so perhaps I should have put them on my list! I suppose living in London is also the reason I was surprised they were above Arsenal. But you’ve explained!!
Another thing to mention is why Utd is NOT on my list - that's because growing up my hero was George Best and I have a natural fondness for Utd (although I do enjoy seeing you lot get beaten - I would rather you won stuff than any of the clubs on my list)

Another thing to mention is why Utd is NOT on my list - that's because growing up my hero was George Best and I have a natural fondness for Utd (although I do enjoy seeing you lot get beaten - I would rather you won stuff than any of the clubs on my list)
I just assumed it was because you loved us all so much! :lol: George Best is a great reason though!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The problem with Spurs winning things is not Spurs but Mourinho. He will rub it in our faces whatever he wins.

The teams i dont want to win anything are the dippers and City.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The problem with Spurs winning things is not Spurs but Mourinho. He will rub it in our faces whatever he wins.

Are you that sensitive? Why would you care what Mourinho says? Honestly I think Utd or any of his ex-clubs will be the last thing he will mention if he wins a trophy with Spurs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Top teams don't judge their seasons on winning league cups. City did it last year and everyone thought they failed given they were miles off in title race and had a shock loss in CL QFs and given the level Man. City play at now it was a failure season.

I absolutely get it's an itch Spurs fans need to scratch so just winning anything would be huge but would just sum up Mourinho if he makes a big play on league cup considering his annual digs at Wenger who won 3 FA cups in his last 5 seasons at Arsenal.

If they win league cup they then need to push on and win something else quickly as that's what he did at Chelsea (league title) and Man. United (europa). What's interesting about the final being late April is there isn't really much time left to get a boost as they might be a few points off top 4 with only 4-5 games left and already out of europa for example.

If they're still in europa they can use that obviously but it's far from certain. Winning league cup but finishing 5th wouldn't be a great one for Spurs in long run imo as they need CL income with the new stadium.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Top teams don't judge their seasons on winning league cups. City did it last year and everyone thought they failed given they were miles off in title race and had a shock loss in CL QFs and given the level Man. City play at now it was a failure season.

I absolutely get it's an itch Spurs fans need to scratch so just winning anything would be huge but would just sum up Mourinho if he makes a big play on league cup considering his annual digs at Wenger who won 3 FA cups in his last 5 seasons at Arsenal.

If they win league cup they then need to push on and win something else quickly as that's what he did at Chelsea (league title) and Man. United (europa). What's interesting about the final being late April is there isn't really much time left to get a boost as they might be a few points off top 4 with only 4-5 games left and already out of europa for example.

If they're still in europa they can use that obviously but it's far from certain. Winning league cup but finishing 5th wouldn't be a great one for Spurs in long run imo as they need CL income with the new stadium.
Yeah top 4 is much more important than a League Cup win. Though we desperately do need to win something, anything at this stage to get that monkey off our back.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Are you that sensitive? Why would you care what Mourinho says? Honestly I think Utd or any of his ex-clubs will be the last thing he will mention if he wins a trophy with Spurs.
You can't be oblivious to all the sly digs Mourinho makes in our direction?

I get he's bitter about his sacking but he brings the hate upon himself

I don't care about the league cup, so if City win it I'm a bit meh to it, whereas the potential melt down for Mourinho is something every United fan would enjoy seeing as a consequence

Red & White

Are you another Utd fan that would rather see City win something rather than Jose? If so, I again can only scratch my head at how bizarre that is.
Believe it or not I actually don’t mind, Jose. I wanted it to work out for him with us as I liked the idea of everyone hating us and hating him and it being a match made in heaven. Obviously, the style of play was always gonna be a sticking point and we never pushed on with him in charge. On another note, let’s not pretend he wouldn’t reference United if he has success with Spurs. He’s already made comments about our penalties, Bruno, doing Pogba’s ‘dive’ sign straight after it etc.

I don’t want Spurs to win as I know a lot of Spurs fans that are absolutely unbearable. It’s a personal thing and I can see from your post above you have a similar viewpoint towards Liverpool. Don’t get me wrong, if Spurs win I wont lose any sleep over it, though.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Yet another League Cup for City means absolutely nothing to them and will barely be noticed.

If Spurs win it you’ll never hear the end of it.

Makes perfect sense to me.

gazbradley

Bar jurgen klopp? Very strange example to support your argument considering he only won the league after signing the best defender in the world!

The Liverpool team that has just won the league and champions league isn’t a world class squad? Allison, VVD, Trent, Robertson, Salah, Mane, Fabinho?
To be fair not many of those players were considered world class when Liverpool signed them, can easily make the argument they all levelled up under Klopp

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I would have Chelsea and West Ham on my "hate list" above Arsenal and to be honest I always liked Wenger. It must be a Northern Irish thing, and @balaks only lives about 20mins away from me, which I always found quite odd :lol:.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Spurs was never a thing until Mourinho came in so if I have a choice which one I would rather to see winning EFL cup between Mourinho or City, it will be City because City is winning EFL has become common thing nowadays, it’s only Mickey Mouse trophy in Pep’s view but it’s big in Mourinho and Spurs point of view. Any second tier trophy I just don’t want see Mourinho winning it, the guy hyped everything like how he called EL, Community shield and EFL cup as treble.

However, I would rather see Spurs/Mourinho wins UCL than City because UCL is very big thing for City.

Spurs was never a thing until Mourinho came in so if I have a choice which one I would rather to see winning EFL cup between Mourinho or City, it will be City because City is winning EFL has become common thing nowadays, it’s only Mickey Mouse trophy in Pep’s view but it’s big in Mourinho and Spurs point of view. Any second tier trophy I just don’t want see Mourinho winning it, the guy hyped everything like how he called EL, Community shield and EFL cup as treble.

However, I would rather see Spurs/Mourinho wins UCL than City because UCL is very big thing for City.
I don’t care who is managing them, even David Moyes who I utterly despise. I would never want Spurs to win over City.

clearly you aren’t the only one, but it’s a view I just can’t understand.

a lot of things I didn’t like when Jose was at the club, and he left us in a right state - but that’s nowhere near enough for me to him to lose against city.

I’m sure we will get a version of his “greatest achievement”, and how wonderful he is. But so what.

Why would you care about City winning EFL Cups? It's Mickey Mouse. Were you bitter when they won it 3x in a row in the last 3 years? I wasn't, felt nothing but I was bitter when they won the league or will be bitter if they win CL.

City can have the Mickey Mouse, and I would rather us take the EPL and Jose can celebrate the trophyless or winning EL.
I’m not bitter. That’s not the sort of person I am.

I would be surprised if I even watch it, or remember the match is on.

however, given a choice between city and anyone else (bar Liverpool), I would always want anyone else to win.

seems you have quite an issue with Jose.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I’m not bitter. That’s not the sort of person I am.

I would be surprised if I even watch it, or remember the match is on.

however, given a choice between city and anyone else (bar Liverpool), I would always want anyone else to win.

seems you have quite an issue with Jose.
I was supporting the club during the Liverpool & Arsenal rivalry and also the Sir Alex vs Mourinho era not with City rivalry. I never have any strong emotion towards City just like Spurs.

I already get used to see City winning EFL Cup and I felt nothing and Pep didn't go overboard about winning that Mikey Mouse, that's my reason. Mourinho can win EL instead of the EFL Cup because I would rather they win it than Arsenal.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Moyes is currently the big daddy of London. Above Mou's Spuds. Above Chelski. Above Arse.

Think about it.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
I thought before the game if he couldn’t get a win against this Liverpool side he really is finished.

Pathetic stuff and his subs were baffling and guttless.

Can’t really blame him considering Doherty’s performances in a Spurs shirt.

Last edited:

Sylar

Thankful he's no longer our manager and in charge of trying to develop young players

simplyared

Talking about charisma, this man had it all when he came to the PL 2004 and revolutionized that Chelsea team. What a transformation we are now witnessing. He seems to have lost it in every aspect. He's become toxic and almost unemployable. There is no way he will get those players performing for him. They were a shambles at Anfield last night. I'm guessing half the team don't even want to play for him. Levy's got the monkey on his back!

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Talking about charisma, this man had it all when he came to the PL 2004 and revolutionized that Chelsea team. What a transformation we are now witnessing. He seems to have lost it in every aspect. He's become toxic and almost unemployable. There is no way he will get those players performing for him. They were a shambles at Anfield last night. I'm guessing half the team don't even want to play for him. Levy's got the monkey on his back!
A lot of things changed: even though his training framework is used by all top managers (Tactical Periodization), none of them use it to the extreme as Mourinho uses it. Manager like Klopp and Guardiola assimilated a lot of things from periodization, but they don't follow it as a religion.

Then there is the know it all atittude that makes him a liability if the conditions are not as he imagined. And the main issue: leadership. At 2000-10s, players were very different: most of them behaved like grown up childs, trying to skip training, sneaking out at party clubs, etc, so the leadership at that time should be tough and very demanding.
Nowadays most of the players are extremely professional, the grassroots teaching is 100 times better and football science has grown exponentially (look how Dortmund training facilities influentiated training centers all over the world). Passion for the game itself is not enough anymore, and he keeps palying that card to the players as if it was a puzzle solver.

renandstimpyfan83

Supports
Real Oviedo/England
Spurs really took the game to the opposition

This definitely shows the flaws of XG. Son’s chance on his left foot was deserving of more than a 0.10 alone. They also scored a very good goal which would never have been disallowed or even questioned pre-VAR.

Spurs deserved to lose and created less than Liverpool but the “0.10” stat is daft.

Talking about charisma, this man had it all when he came to the PL 2004 and revolutionized that Chelsea team.
Ranieri did get Chelsea to second and the Champions League semi final the previous season. They’d also added Čech and Robben to the squad prior to Mourinho joining. It’s odd that Guardiola gets criticised for taking over already strong teams and spending big money on them to take them to titles when Mourinho’s Chelsea and Inter spells are so praised. Porto was definitely his greatest achievement imo. It’s the only club I’m convinced wouldn’t have made the achievements they did without him.

Last edited:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I thought they would sack him and go back for Poch at some stage but that possibility is now gone. Not sure where they go from here but glad he isn't United's problem, as much as I liked him.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like everyone's favourite ex manager is right back at the top of his game:

Serge Aurier left the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium at half-time on Thursday when his side were losing 1-0 to Liverpool after a bust-up with manager Jose Mourinho in the dressing room, sources have told ESPN.

Tottenham conceded four minutes into injury time at the end of the first half when Sadio Mane crossed the ball to Roberto Firmino, who ended Liverpool's barren run of 482 minutes without a league goal.

Sources have told ESPN that Aurier was furious when Mourinho singled him out for criticism regarding the goal in the dressing room. Other players were also involved, with Eric Dier and Joe Rodon criticsed for their role in the goal.

Aurier engaged in a heated exchange with Mourinho, according to ESPN sources, and when Mourinho decided to substitute him before the start of the second half the Ivory Coast international decided to leave the stadium.
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/tot...m-after-furious-bust-up-with-mourinho-sources

Status
Not open for further replies.