Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

Mental this, only three months ago the media were painting the story of his return to glory and how he was going to win the league.

Now it's swung full circle, his football is outdated and he's on the verge of the sack.

He's done in club management for me.

diarm

Just had a glance at the Spurs forum. Apparently Jose needs 18 points from their next 4 games to better the points total Villas-Boas was sacked with.

You absolutely love to see it.

jackal&hyde

Can only imagine what must be going through Spurs fan's heads after sacking Poccetino to sign Mourinho.
Pochettino was in disaster mode at the time, there was no turning back. Getting Mourinho though, that was a terrible idea from Spurs on so many levels. Probably can't even sack him now given the size of his contract.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not like he's going to say

"Yeah, I'm a bit sh!te these days, just happy to live in London and milk the cash tree as long as possible".
Or even better "Lads, it's Tottenham".
The same defence of him was made at Utd. The reality is he's an egotistical narcissist that simply can't take any of the blame so he simply pushes it onto the players and club. He could easily say 'Part of this is down to my own approach and I need to reevaluate some of the decisions I've made' or simply just deflect and take the blame onto himself for once.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Rodgers would be absolutely mad to leave Leicester for Spurs. Leicester is arguably a bigger club now with that league title win and they almost certainly have more ambitious owners. On top of that, Leicester has a better first team too, outside of Kane and Son, Spurs are in big trouble. Still can't believe we had Utd fans on here early in the season doing a combined 11 with 5-6 Spurs players, that's madness.

DeGea

He looked deflated yesterday. I honestly think he is done in club management if results do not improve soon. His last two jobs (Spurs and us) have cost his reputation dearly and it is on a downward spiral. I now do not think clubs view him as a special manager anymore.

Kaos

I'd sympathise a bit more if he wasn't such a sore loser, always deflecting the blame onto his players and coming across as a bitter excuse machine.

Grande

Mental this, only three months ago the media were painting the story of his return to glory and how he was going to win the league.

Now it's swung full circle, his football is outdated and he's on the verge of the sack.

He's done in club management for me.
What I kind of enjoy is how he repeatedly said that the players he had at United were so bad that second place was his best carreer achievement, while at Spurs he said he had a much better squad. Three months ago, Mourinho still was a top manager that we should have kept for some.

Robbie Boy

Just had a glance at the Spurs forum. Apparently Jose needs 18 points from their next 4 games to better the points total Villas-Boas was sacked with.

18 points from 12 available would be tricky, even for the two best managers in the league in Pep and Ole.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
He looked deflated yesterday. I honestly think he is done in club management if results do not improve soon. His last two jobs (Spurs and us) have cost his reputation dearly and it is on a downward spiral. I now do not think clubs view him as a special manager anymore.
Something changed about his setup during his second spell at Chelsea.

Seen by many as a turning point in Chelsea’s season, a humiliating 5-3 defeat against Spurs sparked a change of approach from Mourinho.

Out went the free-flowing, creative attacking football, and in came a defensive and pragmatic tactic built on stifling opposition, clean sheets and counter-attacking.

Eventually sacked 16th in the league and one point above the relegation zone following a dismal run of nine defeats in 16 games.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

That doesn't sound right. AVB was sacked in December, so no way would they have played 29 games by then

diarm

That doesn't sound right. AVB was sacked in December, so no way would they have played 29 games by then
I'd imagine they meant points won in all their games as manager. Not just what they were on the season they were sacked.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Yes, but Mourinho was hired after the season was started, so maybe that way it works. Transfermarkt says AVB oversaw 54 league games at Spurs, Mourinho now had 51.

anant

The issue with Mou, like it was with LVG, was there was one game where they dropped points after which they decided to give up on all the work that they had done in the past.

Under LVG, I believe we were going well, but the loss to Leicester meant we decided to chalk off the philosophy altogether.

Under Mou for us, it was a more proactive measure. We just parked the bus at Anfield, and that sucked all the confidence out of our players and we were never the same.

At Spurs, you can say that since the WHU draw, Mou has stopped trusting their defence altogether and playing a much safer game. The only issue being, playing a safer game invites much more pressure on your defence (the area that you're trying to protect) and hence all the weaknesses of their team lay bare in front of the world

anant

I'd imagine they meant points won in all their games as manager. Not just what they were on the season they were sacked.
Oh you meant across seasons. that makes sense. AVB had a great 2012/13 season when Bale was on fire

romufc

Well, I think most of the caf warned the Spurs fans of this but they were not having none of it.

The fans came out in numbers for weeks and gone back into hiding again.

Pep's Suit

Arsenal and Spurs slowly becoming mid-table teams... While Allegri's still available. Hmmm. :confused:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Like on here, there are still a sizeable number of people on there who think they should keep Mourinho and instead replace the players: https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/keep-the-manager-change-the-players.39854/

Ignoring that Moyes is doing better with a worse set of players, and when we sacked Mourinho, the players he constantly slagged off/denigrated ended up being our better ones under Ole.
Nah the majority want him out now, id say 60% want him gone ASAP.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Well, I think most of the caf warned the Spurs fans of this but they were not having none of it.

The fans came out in numbers for weeks and gone back into hiding again.
I'm still here, I hear the bit in bold loads but I really don't get what you wanted us to do, call for his head as soon as he was appointed? I gave him the guts of a season and seen nothing, we move on.

OleTheGreat

post-Chelsea. I think it was after Brighton that the noises really started, as we got played off the pitch by then. Tuchel isn't hugely different to Mourinho in the 'who cares how we play if we win' stakes, so after they looked positively attacking against us, it was a bit terminal for that style of play.

Can you believe that we won 6-1 against United only a few months back?

Such a strange season - it feels like a different universe of football every other week.
Jose is that type of manager. He will not show up to training all the time. He will not really smile at his place, he will kill the mood at every press conference and he's a total prick. I can't for the Love of God understand why the Spurs overloads decided to let go of a manager like Poch. Jose will run you to the ground and it will be slow and painful. I really hope for the club's sake it happens faster and he's gone because the faster the better. Spurs do not have a squad that can play his style of football and he asks for a lot in the windows to buy proven players to suit his style which is ridiculous. When he leaves the team and squad will be a mess. I hope he leaves early and leaves this team for a manager who can actually get in and get them playing the way Poch used to because they can be brilliant in the possession and not just counter-attacking.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm still here, I hear the bit in bold loads but I really don't get what you wanted us to do, call for his head as soon as he was appointed? I gave him the guts of a season and seen nothing, we move on.
I think it was more the fact you genuinely believed it would be different.

It's no surprise though, Mourinho is a massive Narcissist and a world class con merchant. When he's had a few months off, a shiny suit and a hair cut he could talk himself into anything.

Levy has obviously fancied him for ages and thought he could get something different out of him - but we all know now the Mourinho who was once world class is finished.

The thing that bugs me the most about him is he NEVER accepts fault, it's always the team not doing their job or the board not giving him more players.

I'll never forget how he distanced himself from United after we lost at home to Sevilla, it was absolutely degrading yet some fans lapped it up.

tomaldinho1

Still pretty low but that is what it was like here. Years after he's left Spurs, you'll have fans saying he should never have been sacked.
I think with United his big trophies were still a bit 'fresher' in the memory and there were more who clung onto that, even though I think we were pretty unanimous in disliking the football. Spurs don't really have that so interesting to hear there's still a large proportion of fans backing Mourinho.

romufc

Yep, a few have dissapeared though. Not saying calling for his head but alot of fans thought it will be different and it was United that was the issue with Jose.

Not getting his players etc..

He is good if he is winning, otherwise he becomes a pain because the he really stinks out the place and makes it toxic.

Lay

He’s already deflecting blame. It’s almost time for the complete meltdown.

SAFMUTD

Like on here, there are still a sizeable number of people on there who think they should keep Mourinho and instead replace the players: https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/keep-the-manager-change-the-players.39854/

Ignoring that Moyes is doing better with a worse set of players, and when we sacked Mourinho, the players he constantly slagged off/denigrated ended up being our better ones under Ole.
Those people will come around, Mourinho has that quality to unify everyone against him. With results not going their way its only a matter of time before he starts pointing out players and throwing them under the bus. Thats when the toxicty really starts.

Traub

I think it was more the fact you genuinely believed it would be different.

It's no surprise though, Mourinho is a massive Narcissist and a world class con merchant. When he's had a few months off, a shiny suit and a hair cut he could talk himself into anything.

Levy has obviously fancied him for ages and thought he could get something different out of him - but we all know now the Mourinho who was once world class is finished.

The thing that bugs me the most about him is he NEVER accepts fault, it's always the team not doing their job or the board not giving him more players.

I'll never forget how he distanced himself from United after we lost at home to Sevilla, it was absolutely degrading yet some fans lapped it up.
To be honest, from the outside there was a chance he could've worked out for Spurs for a few years.
Let's look at his most recent experience from a positive perspective i.e. as a Spurs fan:
1. Being sacked by Madrid happens to everyone. He still won them titles.
2. Sacked by Chelsea after a meltdown season. But he did win the league, and Chelsea aren't the patient type either.
3. Sacked by United. But he won a few trophies and had us around the champions league places. Also, we all know United is a poorly run club (at least during his tenure), so it's no surprise it ended the way it did.

Reading that, even the United stint would be considered a good run for a club like Spurs. Like I said, from the outside it doesn't look too bad. The problem is Spurs have skipped the best (i.e. only redeeming) parts of Jose.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
From thefightingcock

JOSE IN OR OUT?

• In Votes: 47 15.0%
  • Out at the end of the season or after LC final Votes: 44 14.1%
  • Out as soon as we find a replacement Votes: 46 14.7%
  • Out immediately Votes: 176 56.2%
  • Total voters 313

I don't think we'll finish any lower than 11th.
And I think Levy will accept that as long as we win one of the cups.
I do however think if we get knocked out of the Europa League and lose the League Cup final - he'll be gone before the end of the season.
There's ZERO reason to then keep him.
Why on earth would we continue to back a manager who has us mid table, trophyless and with no sense of direction.
Beating Wolfsberger in the week will see him in a job until at least the 25th April.
It will be a bloody hard job for the next guy. I think it makes sense to look at a Rangnick character who starts as a manager, then moves upstairs as a sporting director. He would completely rebuild the club...it would be a huge decision for Levy though.
As for mid table and no trophies, yes, there will be nowhere to turn for Jose. Levy would need to sack him
Can't believe he's still here
i can’t bear it. If the fans were there everyone would be booing and calling for his head. What the feck?
Even I think we are now at the end of the line.
But whoever replaces him will be gone within 18 months this squad is beyond repair.
Shit keepers.
Shit defenders.
We are carried by the same 3-4 players game after game
I'm not sure whether getting a caretaker in until the summer would be worse than what we got now.
The atmosphere is terrible, imagine if we had a full stadium on top, it would be toxic.
It will be a long end to the season...I'm scared of Jose getting a big cheque to get more "big names" in the summer...
I think the lack of fans is one of the many reasons Levy hasn't sacked him.
I do agree with whoever said sacking him now to get a caretaker manager in doesn't really solve much. But we should be touting up whoever our new manager will be now in preparation for the summer.
We aren't going to get top 4 and we aren't going to get relegated - so bringing in a caretaker isn't really going to achieve much but perhaps have us play better football - BUT we are still in 2 competitions and Levy will look at that as "We can suffer until the summer, but right now we have a manager who's proven in cup competitions so we'll be keeping him until then."
It's obvious he hasn't truly lost the dressing room. The players have still thrown their body on the line, still run around and are still trying to win games. So it's more of a coaching and confidence issue right now.
I feel like your criteria is so strong that no manager would ever get sacked, unless they get relegated or underperform for 3 straight years (we're approaching 2 now).
I thought you said you wanted Jose to have 5 years
Ah ok. Aye, I’d be delighted if he did five years, as that would mean he was successful.I’m not keen on being ok with us losing any match, just to get a change of regime, or to be proved right to a bunch of strangers.
Not no manager. This one gets more time from me. Not every manager would.
No point in explaining why, as I’ve done it often enough.
What have you seen from him to warrant that, he wont change his style.
“No point in explaining why, as I’ve done it often enough”.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Remember Spurs fans saying how squad is suited for Jose and how they don't have players with ego, like Pogba and others :lol:

No one comes close to Jose when it comes to brainwashing.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Some of our supporters have been just as toxic, wanting him out and not supporting him since the moment he was hired.
I agree it's time for him to go, but some supporters need to have a look in the mirror.
Looooooool
We hate him, his shit style of play, his massive ego and, I will not blindly support every decision the club makes, because I love Spurs, not Jose Mourinho.
If I believe that he is bad for Spurs I will not hold my tongue. The longer he remains as Spurs manager the more I want to distance myself from the club for my own mental health.
I fully understand just how Man Utd ended up with Solskjaer now. It's literally ANYBODY (including yourself) will do.
Just get him out.
Just get him OUT!
what do you think would happen if city had dier and sanchez and we had dias and stones/laporte?
If City still have Pep and we have Jose not much difference
I imagine Jose would be moaning about the lack of reliable striker City have and you'd be on bluemoon asking "what do you think would happen if Jose had Kane at the Etihad and Spurs had Jesus and a crippled Aguero"
This is so true and deep down the Jose fans know it
Just get the feeling jose gets the sack he will blag to media he couldnt get the 1 player he wanted which was defender skrinar from inter. Always has an excuse jose up his sleeve
Can't really call them average when they're 4th 2/3rds of the way into the season.
Again, I agree, but today they were bang average.
'Bang Average' West Ham now in 4th place with 13 wins.
Last 10 games, W7 D2 L1. I think you mean bang in form, while we're clearly not and we still had the better of the match.
They also have no European football and have played less games. Carry on.
Lets be honest here without kane and son we may have been down with burnley and brighton maybe god forbid have been in a relegation scrap, mourhinio has lost the plot time for him to go.
The worst (or maybe best) thing to have come out of our shit form during the pandemic, is that with one thing and another, I've started to stop caring... and that's really sad.
I agree. Just knew we would lose yesterday. My season has amassed to trying to finish above Woolwich. The top 4 is a million miles away, the Carabao Cup final will most likely end in embarrassment and the Europa Cup will be over once we play a decent side.
Mourinho maybe right when he he says Tottenham have issues he can't fix, but it smacks of passing the buck. It's not what either ENIC or the fans want to hear. Managers are there to fix the problems. Jose has created more problems than he faced when he joined.
Joe Rodon should be a regular starter. Yes he made an error or two, but he has impressed me with Wales and in the majority of play time with Spurs.
He is a better defender than Dier, Sanchez and Toby.
A Swans supporting mate of mine said summit along the lines of: HE LIVES AND BRRATHES DEFENDING!

I've heard it elsewhere, but I think the attitude Rodon shows will soon be backed up with his ability.... I think Jose sees something in him akin to Dier (but with obviously more talent!)
It's why he bought Hojbjerg.... Jose likes a leader.... ability doesn't ALWAYS come into it!
It's also probably why he cast Dele and Bale aside for so long....
Attitude is a massive part of the mindset needed to win games.... and Jose should know, he's been playing them for years!
I'm in hospital today having an op and it involves keyhole surgery through the groin. My Mrs asked if I was going to be embarrassed lying there legs akimbo with my bits on show to which I replied 'im more embarrassed about them seeing my Tottenham tattoos'.
Irritating that we lost again but couldn't fault the second half performance. If we play like that for the remainder of the season we won't do too bad.
Bale helped us massively, made us effective from both sides of the pitch and not just one dimensional down the left relying on Sonny & Reguillon. Onwards & upwards. COYS.
The second half gave me a bit of hope yesterday i feel if we should of got the draw. Couple of dummies at the back are the issue. Needs to play Rodon and Tody/Tanganga and leave the other two Muppet's on the bench hopefully not to be used to often.
We have no off-ball movement. There are no attacking patterns. It's remarkable how static our attack is. People shit on Dele but at least he was making runs in behind the defense. Players just have no idea what to do in the final third with or without the ball. We reset the ball with the CBs but there is nothing to reset, it's just pointless recycling at that point.
Its also pointless running at the defensive line that push forward a bit and force you back, then you do it again and again and ultimately go backwards or lose the ball. no width, no one touch passing, get the shot off cross in. nope. Just the same thing agan and again. how many times before they realise its not fecking working. bale and dele on changed everything.
From listening to that, I genuinely think he's doing the 'José thing' and ONLY focussing on the EL and League Cup now...
HE KNOWS he's not a good enough manager to win the League any more... and Maybe he's finally realised he's not good enough for Top 4 either....
He's putting all his eggs in the Cup basket... a risk if it doesn't work... but cements his reputation if it does.
....like him or fecking loathe him... one thing he DOES know, is how to win a trophy.... problem is, do WE?
Don’t kid yourself pep or klopp couldn’t win the league at Spurs don’t spend the money no top player would come here
Not good:

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Why the hell would Rodgers go to Spurs? I hope he is smarter than that.
Also no sympathy at all with Spurs, any club which hires him after the United fiasco deserves all it gets from him.
The same way we made the same mistake after his Chelsea fiasco.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The cycle is getting worse for Mourinho. He’s supposed to win the League Cup before imploding.

Status
Not open for further replies.