Jose Mourinho Sack Watch | Sacked per 19-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM

I'm so glad he doesn't manage us anymore. The last thing you want to hear as a fan when your team has dropped points is the man at fault telling you how how great he is.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Jose was very shitty when asked questions today. He was asked about his defence and the different combinations he's used and just said he didn't want to talk about it. He said a few times he "didn't want to go deep". And obviously he made the headline comment about "same coach, different players" when asked why he's always been good at holding leads but can't now.

Genuinely don't see how this all ends with Spurs. They seem stuck with Jose based on his contract and huge value on it. They are also stuck with a massive, expensive stadium which due to COVID they haven't been able to fill or utilise for NFL and other events. I don't see them having money to spend in the summer and it's touch and go if they get top 4.

Genuinely think they'll be a few big outgoings. Possibly Kane.
I'd be absolutely shocked if Kane was still there next season unless Mourinho goes and they get a world class replacement

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'd be absolutely shocked if Kane was still there next season unless Mourinho goes and they get a world class replacement
Harry has a contract running to 2024. Unless he hands in a transfer request and goes full Coutinho on the club, he won't leave unless someone gives Levy £150 million or more.

He's a through and through professional and doesn't seem to me like the type that would put his club through the ringers like that.

If/When José gets the sack without winning something, I think that's it for him, unless Real takes him back for <insert obscure reason>

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
There are a couple good managers ready to make the step up. Rodgers, Hasenhuthl, Ten Hag just of the top of my head.
I think the latter 2 would be a good shout. Don't see it as much of a step up for Rodgers, I could see him going to Chelsea in the future.

Caesar2290

I think the latter 2 would be a good shout. Don't see it as much of a step up for Rodgers, I could see him going to Chelsea in the future.
To be honest I'm still surprised they haven't gone for either of the 2. After Poch it seemed like a logical conclusion since they have similar high pressing attacking styles. Yet for some inexplicable reason Levy decided that a low block counter attacking manager is the best transition from Poch's team. Blows my mind really, since apparently he's a football man, unlike our corporate clowns. I guess everyone makes mistakes.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs have absolutely no chance of beating City, do they? feck sakes
They already beat them this season, in a cup final with a bit of luck they could do it again. I mean CIty have won 3 league cups in a row, they have to lose in the league cup eventually.

MonkeysMagic

I found it hilarious at the time of his appointment at spuds how virtually every 'football expert' applauded Levy on the masterstroke of getting Mourinho and how the good times would roll! Sometimes these so-called experts are nothing more than a herd of sheep just following the prevailing narrative.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
For all the things that have gone wrong, they are only 2 points off of fourth with a better goal difference than Chelsea and in a cup final where Jose can still shit house a win. Their club has a rep for some good football but otherwise this is exactly where Spurs are expected to be considering their investment and stature.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Question is who do Spurs go for if they dump Jose end of season? Rodgers, Nagelsmann, other?
Why would either go there? Rodgers is at a club that has better prospects in the short and medium-term, and Nagelsmann will have bigger clubs to choose from. The only chance for the latter is if he actively wants to gain more experience at a club just below the true giants, but even in that case I don't think Spurs would be his first choice.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's not even the portuguese manager I would consider. Amazing how a manager like Vitor Pereira never got a chance on Premier League (he was the 3rd most paid manager in the world due to chinese league wanted to hold him, though)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They already beat them this season, in a cup final with a bit of luck they could do it again. I mean CIty have won 3 league cups in a row, they have to lose in the league cup eventually.
Does not quite get them champions league football though.

Don't the league cup winners actually go in this new conference league thing so it's an even worse thing to kill the season than europa which has champions league qualification as the carrot dangled, don't think the new tournament has anything like that.

Guy Incognito

I felt their name was on the cup after getting a walkover in the third round, then penalties against Chelsea.

Not infeasible for Spurs to win, they just need a solid defensive performance and for Son/Kane to take their chances like the home game this season. If they score first, then it'll make things interesting. Plus Citeh will probably have a CL semi tie against Bayern three days later so Pep is going to rotate.

sugar_kane

Same shit, different club.

The most surprising element of this story is the narrative that Jose has always been able to get his team to defend leads until now - I swear that at United we were semi-regularly throwing points by sitting back for 75 minutes to defend a one goal lead.

I expect stats will prove me wrong, but that’s definitely how it felt at the time.

What’s certain is the bare minimum of defensive solidity I expected Jose to bring to the club seemed to be non existent, with De Gea regularly saving our skins.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs have absolutely no chance of beating City, do they? feck sakes
Very little, but it is a cup, you never know what nonsense could happen. refereeing howler in Spurs favour, a Kane or Son wonder goal from 35 yards out.

CoolDuckie

Anyone hiring Mourinho at this point deserves all this crap, it's as simple as that.
Spurs replacing Pochettino with Mourinho must be the worst decision in any club in years. Jose has something resembling a narcissistic personality disorder and cannot sustain a good team spirit in the long run. If something goes wrong it will never be his fault and if something goes right, he takes credit. He is an illoyal, toxic little man. The board at Spurs are to blame- this was completely predictable.

CD

The Purley King

Same shit, different club.

The most surprising element of this story is the narrative that Jose has always been able to get his team to defend leads until now - I swear that at United we were semi-regularly throwing points by sitting back for 75 minutes to defend a one goal lead.

I expect stats will prove me wrong, but that’s definitely how it felt at the time.

What’s certain is the bare minimum of defensive solidity I expected Jose to bring to the club seemed to be non existent, with De Gea regularly saving our skins.
That's exactly how it felt to me as well. Almost the opposite of Ole's reign where we can't seem to score first, with Mourinho we generally did and then the last 30 minutes we'd shut up shop and concede 4 or 5 good chances, one or more of which inevitably went in.
Hopefully he luckboxes his way to the League Cup and stays on for another year. That will ensure Spurs finish outside of the top4 for sure.

Brophs

The One and Only
Levy really should face a lot of criticism for the hire. It’s no exaggeration to say everyone called the meltdown, it’s just happened even earlier than expected.
Levy's record of managerial hires is really sketchy, notwithstanding this narrative around him that he's one of the canniest operators around. Since he was appointed, they've hired:

Hoddle (01-03)
Santini (04-04)
Jol (04-07)
Juande Ramos (07-08)
Redknapp (08-12)
AVB (12-13)
Sherwood (13-14)
Pochettino (14-19)
Mourinho (19 - )

Redknapp and Pochettino have been good appointments. The rest have been somewhere between mediocre and pretty awful. He seems to get it wrong more often than he gets it right.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even the league cup won't save him. He's a cultural vandal, an arsonist. He leaves you in a state where even victories feel like small consolation. Like a man that has sold his kids for money, you can't enjoy it.
Remember stories of his time here when it was reported youth players did not want to be anywhere near his vicinity.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He doesn't even pretend that he's not signing contracts for getting the sacking fees anymore :D It just looks like it's his main puprpose to get as many millionaire sackings as possible.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Has earned over 50m pounds just by getting sacked & here he's on the brink again. It's actually quite staggering/sickening.
Is he on the brink? Only because top4 looks on still, I'd have thought Levy will keep.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Is he on the brink? Only because top4 looks on still, I'd have thought Levy will keep.
Sorry, i should have been clearer - seems when the stories come out about losing the dressing room, results not going their way and jose throwing everyone under the bus.....and if top 4 isn't achieved (or a cup won - not sure if that will be enough?)....seems he will get fired at seasons end.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sorry, i should have been clearer - seems when the stories come out about losing the dressing room, results not going their way and jose throwing everyone under the bus.....and if top 4 isn't achieved (or a cup won - not sure if that will be enough?)....seems he will get fired at seasons end.
Ah yeah man I agree I think he might be cooked.

Ole'sattheWheel

Eerily similar to his last season with us.

Even the spurs fans on r/coys, I swear I have seen word for word the same comments on here when he was our manager. "No belief", "cowards", "weak", "I want José and his fanboys gone".

Really does look damning for Jose and his career now. The only thing going for him atm is there isn't as much scrutiny for a Spurs manager than a big global club like utd or Madrid.
What does he do after this job??

Status
Not open for further replies.