Jose Mourinho sacked

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
This thread would have exploded if not for the ESL. Fecking Levy and Jose, always finds a way to deflect the media attention

Champagne Football

you can't deny that during his first term at Chelsea he was a good manager, well, I suppose you can...
The tactics he arrived with at the time in his first stint, were more advanced that what the PL had at the time. The PL was still very much a 442 league back then. Jose arrived with his defensive version of a 433 which the 442 oppositions couldn't figure out.

Then on top of that, there was no financial fair play back then, so when Jose told Lampard and Terry etc that if they don't perform then he'll replace them overnight with a new 100 million signing, then they knew well he meant it, and often during that period Jose would spend 50 million on players he didn't need, just so Fergie couldn't get them. Happy to dump them on the bench just so no rival could get them. It was honestly like putting today's Bayern Munich into the SPL. Nobody could get even close to them for a couple of seasons...... But Fergie had a young Cristiano and Rooney and once they developed a little, then that started to even things out a little.

OmarUnited4ever

The Athletic can reveal how:

• Tottenham players were left bored and untested by his training sessions
  • Most of squad were expecting his sacking
  • Tactics were so obsessed with stopping opposition that players were unsure how to attack
  • Mourinho’s assistant Joao Sacramento was unpopular with the squad
  • The club were unhappy with Mourinho’s criticism of the players and asked him to stop it
  • Mourinho ran out of allies at the club, on and off the pitch
  • Only Harry Kane was loyal to Mourinho at the end
  • His dismissal had nothing to do with the Super League and was based purely on results

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Good shout for next Celtic manager.
He isn't leaving London. Palace are looking for a new manager after Hodgson, he'd be a nice punt for that job. He can get together with Zaha for a wine after every session and discuss how they are both too good for that club.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm just wondering if Levy was depending on the ESL money and that's why he could sack and pay off Mourinho at this moment?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'm just wondering if Levy was depending on the ESL money and that's why he could sack and pay off Mourinho at this moment?
Nah, they’ve been utterly boring under him despite the early season wins. Falling out with players ... Utd all over again

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
No he's smarter than that. Whatever you say about him he won't risk their future.

Jazz

Thanks for the replies guys. I was just wondering because I didn't think they could afford to do it at this moment.

Jazz

Still cost them around 15m, didn’t it
Bloody hell it's like Jose's running a scam. Sign a new exorbitant contract- play nice for one week, - then piss off everyone so they have to sack you - walk away richer than ever. .....

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Bloody hell it's like Jose's running a scam. Sign a new exorbitant contract- play nice for one week, - then piss off everyone so they have to sack you - walk away richer than ever. .....
And milks the sympathy with those sad puppy looks of his

Counterfactual

Thanks for the replies guys. I was just wondering because I didn't think they could afford to do it at this moment.
It'll hurt a lot I expect. 17 months and £15 million payoff? That's a million a month, close enough! It also means £15 million less for Spurs' transfers this summer.

Jazz

It'll hurt a lot I expect. 17 months and £15 million payoff? That's a million a month, close enough! It also means £15 million less for Spurs' transfers this summer.
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger

• Tactics were so obsessed with stopping opposition that players were unsure how to attack
  • The club were unhappy with Mourinho’s criticism of the players and asked him to stop it
  • His dismissal had nothing to do with the Super League and was based purely on results
Feels like this has been copied and pasted from his sacking with us.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
But will have a large Harry Kane sized war chest to spend on freshening up the squad. Don't see him sticking around for the next mangers 'project', I see him looking to go and win trophies as soon as the season ends. City, RM, Bayern, Barca, maybe PSG and a link up with Pochettino.

A front three of Mbappe, Kane, Neymar is a bit alright.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Good, but not great. He spent triple his next nearest spender (net and gross) while joining a league in which the only challengers were both undergoing a transition. He failed to reach a single champions League final and somehow got eliminated 2 times in 3 years by Rafa Benítez who didn't have anywhere near the resources that Mourinho did.

As @Champagne Football points out, if he was able to spent as much as he did then, relative to the other clubs, he might still be a success. But unfortunately for him, he's got to do so without outspending everyone by that margin. And he's struggling.
I agree that he isn't what he was - but of course he just used the resources available to him and did it (mostly) successfully. I actual wish him well - I remember his classy reaction to chelsea fans the season chelsea won nothing (the year after, I think, they won the title). That said, I don't believe he'll veer get his mojo back unless he ends up at a super-rich, almost rival-less club such as PSG. Maybe he'll end up at Inter Miami!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Exactly what was posted when he was sacked from Manutd. Just have to find the scapegoats like Pogba, Martial, Shaw.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
They sacked him before he even had a chance to fluke a trophy and talk about football heritage. :lol:
The fact that they sacked him right before the final must mean they really, really dont like him very much

Either that or they truly beleive hes lost the dressing room and sacking him are going to improve their chances at winning, in which case thats impressive even for Jose

Loon

:lol:
Has to be the Portugal job next. I really hope Celtic don't do a United and hire him now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s kind of bizarre that some people still think Mourinho wasn’t at fault. One of the guys at work is adamant it’s the fault of the players and that Mourinho did little wrong. Still reckons he’s the best manager in the world

OleBoiii

Exactly what was posted when he was sacked from Manutd. Just have to find the scapegoats like Pogba, Martial, Shaw.
Everyone bar Kane and Son, basically. And maybe Højbjerg, as he strikes me as a typical Mourinho henchman.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has to be the Portugal job next. I really hope Celtic don't do a United and hire him now.
Would be great when he bangs on about football heritage after losing to Inverness

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It’s kind of bizarre that some people still think Mourinho wasn’t at fault. One of the guys at work is adamant it’s the fault of the players and that Mourinho did little wrong. Still reckons he’s the best manager in the world
Is he a Tottenham fan?

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
With the young crop of attacking talent they have coming through, that would be a disastrous appointment for the Portuguese NT. Even as a neutral on the international stage, I'd be disappointed if it happened.

Although, the prospect of a player like Joao Felix having Simeone as club manager and Mourinho his international manager, does make me laugh.

OleBoiii

With the young crop of attacking talent they have coming through, that would be a disastrous appointment for the Portuguese NT.
Bruno is gonna get clinically depressed after a few international breaks. Not even his strong mentality can survive the shite football Mourinho will drill into the team.

roonster09

Scout
Everyone bar Kane and Son, basically. And maybe Højbjerg, as he strikes me as a typical Mourinho henchman.
Yeah that's true too. Only surprising part is, it happened so quickly.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Maybe Mourinhoista as Jose would like to call them.
I just don't get it.

Some Spurs fans were still talking about him as if this was early Jose. Same as some Man Utd fans were.

He's the best manager in the world, guaranteed trophies. Except he's not anymore. We weren't getting 2004 Jose. Not 2010. Not even 2015 Jose!

We've somehow managed to avoid most of the Mourinho boom-bust cycle though, both in terms of ups and downs. No trophies but no insulting the club, no widescale attacking the players for months on end (started to creep in at the end of course).

Glad to see the back of him.

George the Cat

Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he ends up at another big club. The managerial merry go round. Probably in Italy.

roonster09

Scout
I just don't get it.

Some Spurs fans were still talking about him as if this was early Jose. Same as some Man Utd fans were.

He's the best manager in the world, guaranteed trophies. Except he's not anymore. We weren't getting 2004 Jose. Not 2010. Not even 2015 Jose!

We've somehow managed to avoid most of the Mourinho boom-bust cycle though, both in terms of ups and downs. No trophies but no insulting the club, no widescale attacking the players for months on end (started to creep in at the end of course).

Glad to see the back of him.
Yeah, he is past his best but somehow people still think he is the same Jose who was among the best managers in the world.

Also he has become the version he used to mock early in his career, in a way it's all glorious to watch.