Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
From your only two shots on target. The first bit was general. Your entire eleven's average position at half time was in your own half. It's not hard to play anti-football and beat City these days.
Thats mental. Mourinho must have a net spend at Spurs less than any one of about a dozen defenders Pep has paid for.
They tactically outplayed you (mourinho) and the Spurs players outworked and outfought yours. 2nd half they were pretty comfy - its was a deserved result whatever some statto comes up with.

Ludens the Red

Surprised at their start, in particular after the Everton game, a game in which they were complete and utterly useless.
But they have got that peak Mourinho vibe about them at the moment. The togetherness, being tough to beat, clinical etc.
Without a doubt the next four games will tell us how far they can go. Keeping Kane and Son fit is imperative too. If any of those two or both even miss a handful of games it’s a completely different kettle of fish.

blemis

Supports
spurs
May be you want to take into account that majority attackers normally hit their best at 27-30?
Mourinho must be the luckiest manager ever , he got the best out of so many players simply by luck or by having players who somehow hitting their peak at the right time to help him to win all those trophies throughout his career, there is absolutely nothing to do with his management skills of course. Or don't you think getting the best of your players is part of managerial job ?

This is getting tiresome, 81 points isn`t title-winning form most other seasons either.
It could have been worse than 81 points too btw, DDG was in the form of his life.
Yeah to be fair I don’t want to come over as a mourinho lover I actually was calling for his head for a while before he got sacked but and it’s a big but. He finished with 81 points in 2nd City got over 100 points and to be fair the season was over from December but that is when the board should of backed him or sacked him that summer. Yes he spent loads of money but that summer when we should of spend 200m+ to try close the gap he got feck all.

His reaction to it was a disgrace though and that 3rd season was a horrific one so I started to dislike him and felt he should just get on with the job but he kept throwing his toys out of the gram every few days it was a disgrace to watch and horrific. He can be such a child but that was the summer to invest IMO, don’t know if it would of done us any good in the long run though.
Let's not forget that Pep broke FFP rules to get 100 points , if the rule being implemented properly, United should have won the league that season

From your only two shots on target. The first bit was general. Your entire eleven's average position at half time was in your own half. It's not hard to play anti-football and beat City these days.
All your shot on target were straight to Lloris by the way. Mourinho has turn us into horrible team to play against , most of the goals we conceded these days are either set pieces , penalties or own goals ( 9 goals conceded, 3 were Pen , 1 OG , 1 should have been disallowed ) , we don't let teams score from open play and have a set of attacker who can score anytime anywhere. Try to play a silly high line and risk themselves of getting pumped ala United or Southampton , countering us doesn't work because Mourinho always leave out at least 4 players in our area during offensive phase.
It's laughable to say he is finished and football has left him behind as if United were better without him, they are so far still trophyless , still hasn't even surpass what he achieve there and on top of that, also still playing bad football regularly.

Last edited:

lex talionis

Mourinho has his squad playing effectively dour football. The prize is a trophy, any kind of trophy. There is no shame in this.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Mourinho has his squad playing effectively dour football. The prize is a trophy, any kind of trophy. There is no shame in this.
United 1 - Spurs 6
S'hampton 2 - Spurs 5

Joint 2nd top scorers in the Prem.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Thats mental. Mourinho must have a net spend at Spurs less than any one of about a dozen defenders Pep has paid for.
They tactically outplayed you (mourinho) and the Spurs players outworked and outfought yours. 2nd half they were pretty comfy - its was a deserved result whatever some statto comes up with.
Cashiola and his FFP shenanigans and City still struggling to get going.

I agree second half Spurs were quite comfortable, Jose's changes were spot on, Bergwijn, Ndombele were both fading, enter Moura and Lo Celso. Alderweireld was immense until his injury but unfortunately needed to be replaced. I do not even remember seeing that Rodon guy when he replaced Alderweireld in the 80th minute, that's how comfortable Spurs were I feel. He made no tackles, interceptions, clearances or blocked shots. Sure City had a lot of possession but it generally boiled down to a hopeful shot from outside the box that was blocked or a lobbed cross that was dealt with. And when Spurs broke at pace City looked shaky, a better touch from Son on one of the through balls would have taken him around the keeper, unfortunately his touch let him down on that occasion. Jose even has Aurier defending well, did not think such a thing possible.

Kane overall was fantastic in that game, in and around the box he can shoot on either foot, can hold the ball up as a back to goal striker. And can move into midfield to pick up the ball get his head up for a pass, City were struggling to deal with it. In fact Laporte following Kane when he came short to get the ball led to Son's goal. But the option is what? Let Kane collect the ball turn and dink a neat pass over the top to Son? He certainly has the ability in his locker to get that dink pinpoint accurate. Would have been kicking himself for that offside goal, was clinical counter attacking football right up to Kane being offside.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Am not sure which Spurs you are watching mate. Spurs are currently playing some really exciting attacking football, and they know when to switch back to some solid defending. Against City they led 1-0 and sat back, and prepared for a swift counter to finish City off and that's exactly what they did. Very smart football. Their real tests will be the next 5 matches: Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Palace (A), Liverpool (A) and Leicester (H). I can see them beating Arsenal (Mourinho's whipping boys, esp if Saka is still out injured), Palace and Leicester, and with home advantage counting for nothing during lockdown, I tip them to get something at Anfield and possibly Chelsea. It's football, anything can happen, but I expect them to be in the top 2 after Leicester.

Tony247

Sacrificing Mourinho to keep Pogba was a dumb decision by the club. By any standards Mourinho had done reasonably well at United. The club failed to analyse and properly address the situation in the dressing room particularly Pogba's toxic influence. Unfortunately, for some unknown reasons the fan base also wanted Mourinho gone and the club bosses danced to their tune.
What united board need is Ole and what Jose needs is Levy. Imagine spurs board going against Jose for axing Dele. Dele is young, marketable and has done far far good to spurs than pogba did to united. But when an experienced manager like Jose says a player not good or position of a player is incorrect then board should listen.

How many times Jose said Martial is not a CF, he and rashford have to fight out left forward position? But here we are.

Judas

Open to offers
I think the I told you so's are coming a little bit prematurely. This will be his peak season at Spurs, if he wins them the title bloody massively well done.

lex talionis

Am not sure which Spurs you are watching mate. Spurs are currently playing some really exciting attacking football, and they know when to switch back to some solid defending. Against City they led 1-0 and sat back, and prepared for a swift counter to finish City off and that's exactly what they did. Very smart football. Their real tests will be the next 5 matches: Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Palace (A), Liverpool (A) and Leicester (H). I can see them beating Arsenal (Mourinho's whipping boys, esp if Saka is still out injured), Palace and Leicester, and with home advantage counting for nothing during lockdown, I tip them to get something at Anfield and possibly Chelsea. It's football, anything can happen, but I expect them to be in the top 2 after Leicester.
I can definitely see Spurs winning most of their next 5 matches, but it can't be argued that they are playing really exciting attacking football. They're sitting very deep to defend and make the most of their chances on the counter. That's what Mourinho has them set up for and it may well win them a trophy, but it is a bit hard on the eye to watch.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I can definitely see Spurs winning most of their next 5 matches, but it can't be argued that they are playing really exciting attacking football. They're sitting very deep to defend and make the most of their chances on the counter. That's what Mourinho has them set up for and it may well win them a trophy, but it is a bit hard on the eye to watch.
I don't know which Spurs you are watching, but to me their games were more entertaining than Arsenal and Man Utd so far. Man Utd GF13/GA14, Arsenal GF9/GA10, Spurs GF21/GA9. There is more than one way to play the game, and you can't accused Mourinho is playing boring football with 2.3 goals per game so far this season. Oh right, the credit goes to Son and Kane only and Mou has nothing to do with it. The whole team just sit deep and let those 2 score for fun.

blemis

Supports
spurs
Seems like his brand of football is way forward then , scoring lots and conceded less.

Foxbatt

What united board need is Ole and what Jose needs is Levy. Imagine spurs board going against Jose for axing Dele. Dele is young, marketable and has done far far good to spurs than pogba did to united. But when an experienced manager like Jose says a player not good or position of a player is incorrect then board should listen.

How many times Jose said Martial is not a CF, he and rashford have to fight out left forward position? But here we are.
Yes in hindsight United should have listened to him. Sold Pogba, and sold Martial too. Maguire would be brilliant under Jose. It may not be really possession football or open attacking football all the time. The end game is to win games and Spurs are doing it at least for now.
This is why I don't think Poch is the man for United. Spurs have every chance of winning the PL if they could keep Kane and Son fit.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So many of the ‘crimes of Mourinho’ at Manchester United are actually deliberate agenda driven manipulations by MouOUTers who hated him from his first day.

1. Mourinho's media comment towards Pogba after he won the World Cup was perfectly reasonable. He simply asked for Pogba’s defensive discipline at United that he delivered for France. But Pogba Fanboys polluted the Internet with outrage that it was a slur on their toyboy, puffing Pogba’s ego to idiotic stratospheric levels. This led to a series of mental war games, with Mou even making Pogba vice captain as a plea to get his head sorted. In hindsight it’s clear Pogba was a disruptive virus, Mourinho was ahead of time and right to want him sold. If we’d listened to Mourinho then we’d have gained a profit off him and funded the other players he wanted.

2. Mourinho was also correct about Martial and Rashford not being good enough at no 9 and that they should be nuking it out for the left forward position. Again Martial could have been sold for massive whack and we could have used that money to buy a world class right side winger/forward. The cafe derided the likes of Perisec, but he seemed to be brilliantly well for Bayern last year winning the Champions League.

3. High quality centrebacks are normally aged 23+ and cost in excess of £50m. Mourinho also doesn’t like to develop young players. And yet he was imposed with Lindelof & Bailly, both unproven young centre backs costing £30m each. We didn’t give him the tools he requires for his system to work at champion levels. This was absurdly escalated in his final summer window when the board denied him a centre back like Maguire, only to sign Maguire 12 months later. The whole thing made no sense at all.

4. MouOUTer’s always melt down on Mourinho’s use of the word ‘heritage’ in his post Seville interview. Of course they deliberately ignore the fact that Mourinho used the word mistakenly, perhaps as his English isn’t pitch perfect. He clearly was looking for a word like ‘current equity’ or ‘current capability’. What he was trying to say was that the Manchester United he was leading wasn’t the same strong team it was 5 years ago, and so perhaps fans shouldn’t expect the same level of results. It was a perfectly reasonable point of view, even if the performance and result from that night wasn’t. But his critics jumped on the word ‘heritage’ as some kind of mortal insult and deliberately ignored the context to forward their agenda.

5. Mourinho said his 2nd place with 81 points was one of his big career achievements. We saw just how erratic and under resourced his squad was in the year that followed so he was telling the truth. And even now OGS is still crying out for another world class centre back and right winger, which is exactly what Mourinho wanted to build upon his 2nd place. Has Mourinho gotten those players along with Fred, I really think he would have gone very close to winning the title the following year. Lukaku has his weaknesses but he has proven since he left that if he is serviced in the right way, he can be a goal machine.

6. When Mourinho joined, we all thought he’d be allowed to be the football boss and could create a team in his image without interference. Little did he know that he would have to play 2nd fiddle to the board, ex player pundits, some egoistic players and even some of the fans, all thinking they knew better than he did.
In reality, Mourinho was the only proven winner at our club when he was with us, but neither our board nor some of our fans had the stomach, ruthlessness nor courage to do what it took to become winners with him. The board and fans backing Martial and Pogba’s against their manager is a prime example of this. Some fans complain that we have dropped our standards under Ole. That actually started under Mourinho, as he tried his very best to drag the club up to his standards but crazily Woodward and some of the fans base refused. Part of my enjoyment of watching OleOUTers complain is many of them are the same ones who wanted Mourinho out too.

I could go on and on. Of course I’d love Ole to win the league this year. If he can’t, I’d like Mourinho to do it, as a massive fcuk you to Woodward.

Last edited:

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
So many of the ‘crimes of Mourinho’ at Manchester United are actually deliberate agenda driven manipulations by MouOUTers who hated him from his first day.

1. Jose’s media comment towards Pogba after he won the World Cup was perfectly reasonable. He simply asked for Pogba’s defensive discipline at United that he delivered for France. But Pogba Fanboys polluted the Internet with outrage that it was a slur on their toyboy, puffing Pogba’s who to idiotic starasphoric levels.
This led to a series of mental war games, with Mou even making Pogba vice captain as a plea to get his head sorted. In hindsight it’s clear Pogba was disruptive virus and Mourinho was ahead of time and right to want him sold. If we’d listened to Mou then we’d have gained a profit off him and funded Mourinho with the other players he wanted.

2. Mourinho was also correct about Martial and Rashford not being good enough at no 9 and they should be nuking it out for the left forward position. Again Martial could have been sold for massive whack and we could have used that money to buy a world class right side winger/forward. The cafe derided the likes of Perisec, but he seemed to be brilliantly well for Bayern.

3. High quality Centrebacks are normally aged 23+, cost in excess of £50m. Mourinho also doesn’t like to develop young players. And yet he was imposed with Lindelof,Bailly, unproven young centre backs costing £30m each. We didn’t give him the tools he requires for his system to work at champion levels. This was absurdly escalated in his final summer window when board denied him a centre back like Maguire, only to sign Maguire 12 Months later.

4. MouOUTer’s always melt down on Jose’s use of the word ‘heritage’ in his post Seville interview. Of course they deliberately ignore the fact that Mourinho used the word mistakenly, perhaps as his English isn’t pitch perfect. He clearly was looking for a word like ‘current equity’ or ‘current capability’. What he was trying to say was that the Manchester United he was leading wasn’t the same strong team it was 5 years ago, and so perhaps fans shouldn’t expect the same level of results. It was a perfectly reasonable point of view, even if the performance and result from that night wasn’t’. But his critics jumped on the word ‘heritage’ as some kind of mortal insult and deliberately ignored the context to forward their agenda.

5. Mourinho’s said his 2nd place with 81points was one of his big career achievements. We saw just how erratic and under resourced his squad was in the year that followed so he was telling the truth. And even now OGS is still crying out for another world class centre back and Right Winger, which is exactly what Nourinho wanted to build upon his 2nd place. Has Mou gotten those players along with Fred, I really think he would have gone very close to winning the title the following year. Lukaku has his weaknesses but he has proven since he left that if he is serviced in the right way, he can be a goal machine.

6. When Mourinho joined, we all thought he’d be allowed to be the football boss, and could create a team in his image without interference. Little did he know that in reality, he would have to play 2nd fiddle to the board, ex player pundits, some of his egoistic players and even some of the fans, all thinking they knew better than he did.
In reality, Mourinho was the only proven winner at our club when he was with us, but neither our board nor some of our fans had the stomach, ruthlessness nor courage to do what it took to become winners with him. The board and fans backing Martial and Pogba’s against their manager is a prime example of this.
Some fans complain that we have dropped our standards under Ole. That started under Mourinho, as he tried his very best to drag the club up to his standards but crazily Woodward and some of the fans base refused. Part of my enjoyment of watching OleOUTers complain is many of them are the same ones who wanted Mourinho out too.

of course I’d love Ole to win the league this year. I’d he can’t, I’d like Mourinho to do it, as a massive fcuk you to Woodward and his fan base!
I hope you don’t feel offended with my question. So here it goes. Is there any chance you are Duncan Castles in real life?

prateik

I hate the fecker and am glad he isnt at United anymore. I don't care what he does and where he is.

Hated him.. had to put up with him. Delighted dont have to anymore.

I can understand Spurs fan putting up with him. They havent won anything.. other than a league cup 12 years ago, they havent wont anything for feck knows how long.. they'll put up with anyone to have a shot at winning something.

Same went with Chelsea.. No club that isnt desperate would put up with him.

MattofManchester

1. Jose’s media comment towards Pogba after he won the World Cup was perfectly reasonable. He simply asked for Pogba’s defensive discipline at United that he delivered for France. But Pogba Fanboys polluted the Internet with outrage that it was a slur on their toyboy, puffing Pogba’s who to idiotic starasphoric levels.
This led to a series of mental war games, with Mou even making Pogba vice captain as a plea to get his head sorted. In hindsight it’s clear Pogba was disruptive virus and Mourinho was ahead of time and right to want him sold. If we’d listened to Mou then we’d have gained a profit off him and funded Mourinho with the other players he wanted.

2. Mourinho was also correct about Martial and Rashford not being good enough at no 9 and they should be nuking it out for the left forward position. Again Martial could have been sold for massive whack and we could have used that money to buy a world class right side winger/forward. The cafe derided the likes of Perisec, but he seemed to be brilliantly well for Bayern.

3. High quality Centrebacks are normally aged 23+, cost in excess of £50m. Mourinho also doesn’t like to develop young players. And yet he was imposed with Lindelof,Bailly, unproven young centre backs costing £30m each. We didn’t give him the tools he requires for his system to work at champion levels. This was absurdly escalated in his final summer window when board denied him a centre back like Maguire, only to sign Maguire 12 Months later.

4. MouOUTer’s always melt down on Jose’s use of the word ‘heritage’ in his post Seville interview. Of course they deliberately ignore the fact that Mourinho used the word mistakenly, perhaps as his English isn’t pitch perfect. He clearly was looking for a word like ‘current equity’ or ‘current capability’. What he was trying to say was that the Manchester United he was leading wasn’t the same strong team it was 5 years ago, and so perhaps fans shouldn’t expect the same level of results. It was a perfectly reasonable point of view, even if the performance and result from that night wasn’t’. But his critics jumped on the word ‘heritage’ as some kind of mortal insult and deliberately ignored the context to forward their agenda.

5. Mourinho’s said his 2nd place with 81points was one of his big career achievements. We saw just how erratic and under resourced his squad was in the year that followed so he was telling the truth. And even now OGS is still crying out for another world class centre back and Right Winger, which is exactly what Nourinho wanted to build upon his 2nd place. Has Mou gotten those players along with Fred, I really think he would have gone very close to winning the title the following year. Lukaku has his weaknesses but he has proven since he left that if he is serviced in the right way, he can be a goal machine.

6. When Mourinho joined, we all thought he’d be allowed to be the football boss, and could create a team in his image without interference. Little did he know that in reality, he would have to play 2nd fiddle to the board, ex player pundits, some of his egoistic players and even some of the fans, all thinking they knew better than he did.
In reality, Mourinho was the only proven winner at our club when he was with us, but neither our board nor some of our fans had the stomach, ruthlessness nor courage to do what it took to become winners with him. The board and fans backing Martial and Pogba’s against their manager is a prime example of this.
Some fans complain that we have dropped our standards under Ole. That started under Mourinho, as he tried his very best to drag the club up to his standards but crazily Woodward and some of the fans base refused. Part of my enjoyment of watching OleOUTers complain is many of them are the same ones who wanted Mourinho out too.

of course I’d love Ole to win the league this year. I’d he can’t, I’d like Mourinho to do it, as a massive fcuk you to Woodward and his fan base!
I wouldn't have called Bailly a failure at first, as he quickly became our best defender upon signing. Injuries just seemed to derail everything.
The Sevilla game was just a shocking display from our players. I remember it, because I'd never seen such a lazy performance by players. And he arguably was right. Manchester United are not that team who goes deep in the knockout stages anymore. We're the team who is now just trying to stay in the competition.

We can debate this all day.

But seriously, why are we discussing something that should have been over 2 years ago?

blemis

Supports
spurs
I hope you don’t feel offended with my question. So here it goes. Is there any chance you are Duncan Castles in real life?
I think the point is it was United whom were finished, not Jose Mourinho although the media has brainwashed people to think otherwise.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

One of the best managers in the world, and of all time, is doing well at his job. Who would have thought?!

At the same time though, he is lucky that his star players at Spurs are Kane and Son, and Bale to an extent, all of whom aren’t media-friendly, have no ego and aren’t the type to revolt against a manager. Out of his current squad, there seems to only be one bad egg, Dele Alli, who Jose is battering in the press to drive him out. Apologies for bringing it up but he did the same with Pogba, rightly calling him a virus and all sorts, but failed as Woodward and a section of our fan base are idiots, who love a player more than the whole club. As time went by and poor Ole is now the one forced to appease Pogba, I think it’s safe to say Mourinho was right.

Foxbatt

I have my disagreements with Sammsky but in this its spot on. I wanted him gone too because he got so toxic but in hindsight he was correct. Maguire is good for a Jose team that defends deep. Pogba should have been sold and as for Martial I think Jose was using him the right way by bringing him as a sub when the opposing team was tired. I think Martial did score a few goals coming on as a sub. Tactically Jose is top class and when the players follow his instructions the team is good. I was surprised how disciplined Kane is playing now.

blemis

Supports
spurs
One of the best managers in the world, and of all time, is doing well at his job. Who would have thought?!

At the same time though, he is lucky that his star players at Spurs are Kane and Son, and Bale to an extent, all of whom aren’t media-friendly, have no ego and aren’t the type to revolt against a manager. Out of his current squad, there seems to only be one bad egg, Dele Alli, who Jose is battering in the press to drive him out. Apologies for bringing it up but he did the same with Pogba, rightly calling him a virus and all sorts, but failed as Woodward and a section of our fan base are idiots, who love a player more than the whole club. As time went by and poor Ole is now the one forced to appease Pogba, I think it’s safe to say Mourinho was right.
His beef with Pogba and Martial were still very weird to me, what makes it weird is how the fanbase were all sided with the players. Mourinho only asked Pogba to be more discipline, to have more defensive awareness , to stop doing silly things in dangerous area , what's so wrong about asking that ? Meanwhile he asked Martial to track back enemy fullback because as a winger, you can't let your fullback getting doubled up by opposition , but somehow the fanbase were enraged by it as if Pogba should have been freed of any single defensive job like he was Messi and how Martial should never be allowed to track back as if the likes of Klopp or Pep didn't tell Salah, Mane, Sterling or Sane to defend / tracking back. United board themselves sided with Pogba and Martial by feeding articles like how outdated Mourinho tactic is when it's all just a simple footballing basic 101 that can never be outdated till the end of time. All of these makes me thing that most United fans actually don't understand football or have very bad understanding about football, they let themselves brainwashed by media.

Last edited:

RashyForPM

His beef with Pogba and Martial were still very weird to me, what makes it weird is how the fanbase were all sided with the players. Mourinho only asked Pogba to be more discipline, to have more defensive awareness , to stop doing silly things in dangerous area , what's so wrong about asking that ? Meanwhile he asked Martial to track back enemy fullback because as a winger, you can't let your fullback getting doubled up by opposition , but somehow the fanbase were enraged by it as if Pogba should have been freed of any single defensive job like he was Messi and how Martial should never be allowed to track back as if the likes of Klopp or Pep didn't tell Salah, Mane, Sterling or Sane to defend / tracking back. United board themselves sided with Pogba and Martial by feeding articles like how outdated Mourinho tactic is when it's all just a simple footballing basic 101 that can never be outdated till the end of time. All of makes me thing that most United fans actually don't understand football or have very bad understanding about football, they let themselves brainwashed by media.
Yeah. The Pogba love-in became truly unbearable in 2018. Someone even said on the Caf that Pogba maybe couldn’t track back due to “cardiovascular endurance problems”. Maybe he shouldn’t be playing football then? Worst thing is there are still people defending this talented but lazy, scheming and overrated goon now. If Woodward gives him a new contract, there needs to be serious action taken.

On Martial, I don’t want to go in on him just yet, as I do like the guy and feel he is improving his attitude and work rate. He’s on bad form now but the goals should start to flow soon, as it did last season to an extent.

RashyForPM

Yes, there does. I propose a new thread criticising him on Redcafe. If you start it, I promise to join in. Honest!
Not exactly the serious action I meant :lol: Guess that could be the second choice to sacking Woodward!

Chief123

I wouldn't have called Bailly a failure at first, as he quickly became our best defender upon signing. Injuries just seemed to derail everything.
The Sevilla game was just a shocking display from our players. I remember it, because I'd never seen such a lazy performance by players. And he arguably was right. Manchester United are not that team who goes deep in the knockout stages anymore. We're the team who is now just trying to stay in the competition.

We can debate this all day.

But seriously, why are we discussing something that should have been over 2 years ago?
We literally just got to the semi-final in all 3 cups we were in last season.

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

It's easier for him to alienate Alli than it was Pogba when he was here.

One cost £5m and the other a world record fee of £90m+ at the time.

In hindsight he was right about Pogba but it was hard to listen at the time due to the atmosphere he created around the club.

Foxbatt

The difference is that Jose is toxic while Ole is a nice guy. At least in public.
But when you look at the footballing side and the structure he has installing in his team at Spurs you can see huge differences. Give Jose the current United team and he will probably win the PL. He would have got rid of Pogba for sure and got someone else. Bruno is a Jose type of player. The lack of fans have helped him too because when they park the bus there is no fans to voice their displeasure.

MattofManchester

The difference is that Jose is toxic while Ole is a nice guy. At least in public.
But when you look at the footballing side and the structure he has installing in his team at Spurs you can see huge differences. Give Jose the current United team and he will probably win the PL. He would have got rid of Pogba for sure and got someone else. Bruno is a Jose type of player. The lack of fans have helped him too because when they park the bus there is no fans to voice their displeasure.
Toxic seems like an opinion rather than a fact.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Against West Brom and Burnley they created very little, don't think they had a shot on target v Burnley until the 76th minute which was the goal. Still a big 6 points for them given that came straight after West Ham surrender.

They are devastating on counter attack though in games which are more open which Man. United were once down to 10 men and Southampton parking their defence on halfway line. No surprise with Son and Kane and can throw on Moura and Bale after an hour aswell.

Really looking forward to the Chelsea game, think it's the league match of the season so far and will tell us which one can sustain a proper challenge into next year given Chelsea are on really good run and keeping clean sheets for fun now.

Traub

How would he win the league when he'd have two of the front three (Martial and Rashford) out the door?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Give Ole this Spurs side, he will win 5 CLs in a row.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Jose is a great coach and I would have still liked him to continue but his antics would never suit a club like United. Spurs don't care about these shit and will just do what he says. He is just perfect for an underdog club to win trophies.He had to go after all those public call outs.

Woodward also didn't support him after finishing second. Think it was a fair breakup and I am glad he is doing well.

Would I take him again ? No

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
How would he win the league when he'd have two of the front three (Martial and Rashford) out the door?
Jose never wanted to sell Rashford, I think he loved his work ethics and said it many times as well. But just as we all agree now, Jose said that Rashford was not ready to lead the line at that time (it seems he is still not ready for it even after 2-3 years) and most of us disagreed with him including the board.

And even on Martial’s case, I don’t think Jose wanted to sell him at any cost. I think he was ready to sell him if he gets a better player in return or use him as squad/sub player until he develops to a complete/matured player.

All he wanted was two players who could go direct into the first team and lead/support the attack. And this would have also helped Rashford and Martial to develop into better players without much pressure on them.