Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jojo <3 Mou

Yes, it is the same for every team.

I am not talking about 2 players getting injured at the same time.

Spurs may think they have a great squad but Harry Kane cannot play every game. Vinicius is his replacement. Bruno's replacement is Pogba.

Liverpool have been without VVD, their best player and are joint top, in the run, they have been without Mane and Salah.

City have been without Aguero all season so they can get results.

My point was not about 1/2 players, I am also talking about the squad. We have had injuries to Shaw, Bailly, McTominay, Pogba, Martial this season

What Spurs first team players have been injured?
Off the top of my head Alderweireld, Lamela, Berwijn, Lo Celso and Ndombele, Dier & Son for a bit.

romufc

Off the top of my head Alderweireld, Lamela, Berwijn, Lo Celso and Ndombele, Dier & Son for a bit.
Can you tell me what games Son, Ndombole, Dier, Berjwin have missed through injury and what injury it was?

I have had a look and none of them have missed a PL game through injury.

Lamela is like me saying Jesse Lingard is injured for Manutd.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Spurs may think they have a great squad but Harry Kane cannot play every game. Vinicius is his replacement. Bruno's replacement is Pogba.

Liverpool have been without VVD, their best player and are joint top, in the run, they have been without Mane and Salah.

My point was not about 1/2 players, I am also talking about the squad. We have had injuries to Shaw, Bailly, McTominay, Pogba, Martial this season

Son - 3 games missed
Dier - 1 game missed
GLC - 3 games missed
Doherty - 1 game missed
Bale - still not match fit.

All first team players.

The injuries last year were horrific, totally unmanageable but we coped pretty well despite them.

Last edited:

Jojo <3 Mou

Can you tell me what games Son, Ndombole, Dier, Berjwin have missed through injury and what injury it was?

I have had a look and none of them have missed a PL game through injury.

Lamela is like me saying Jesse Lingard is injured for Manutd.
So I'm gonna direct you to a reputable football site which should show this information.

Lamela and Lingard :lol:
Maybe van de Beek instead in terms of appearances for his team.

romufc

Son - 3 games missed
Dier - 1 game missed
GLC - 3 games missed
Doherty - 1 game missed
Son - 3 games missed

All first team players.
Son missed 6 PL games? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heung-min-son/leistungsdaten/spieler/91845

Played in every PL game.

Dier -https://www.transfermarkt.com/jumplist/leistungsdaten/spieler/175722

Was not in the squad for one game - what injury did he have?

Doherty - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-doherty/leistungsdaten/spieler/171679

Had Covid, then was not selected.

Le Celso is the only player you mention has missed 2 PL games with injuries.

So out of the whole squad, 3 first team players missing through injury when other teams have missed 6/7 players. Yep, Spurs have definitely missed vital players through injury,.

romufc

So I'm gonna direct you to a reputable football site which should show this information.

Lamela and Lingard :lol:
Maybe van de Beek instead in terms of appearances for his team.
Yep, go on direct me.

Show me which 3 PL games Son has missed.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Son missed 6 PL games? https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/heung-min-son/leistungsdaten/spieler/91845

Played in every PL game.

Dier -https://www.transfermarkt.com/jumplist/leistungsdaten/spieler/175722

Was not in the squad for one game - what injury did he have?

Doherty - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-doherty/leistungsdaten/spieler/171679

Had Covid, then was not selected.

Le Celso is the only player you mention has missed 2 PL games with injuries.

So out of the whole squad, 3 first team players missing through injury when other teams have missed 6/7 players. Yep, Spurs have definitely missed vital players through injury,.
You asked for a list of injuries, I never said they were vitally missed. :lol: This is getting to ridiculous levels, You are now saying other top teams are missing 6/7 players through injury, right now, really? We are due a season injury free, last year was horrific.

romufc

You asked for a list of injuries, I never said they were vitally missed. :lol: This is getting to ridiculous levels, You are now saying other top teams are missing 6/7 players through injury, right now, really? We are due a season injury free, last year was horrific.
I said PL, no one apart from Spurs play their first team in the Europa.

Yes, right now really.

Liverpool missing - VVD, Gomez, Trent, Thiago, Milner injured

Manuted have Shaw, Pogba, Martial, Bailly, Martial, DDG, McTominay injured

Leicester have had their injury issues.
Chelsea have had their issues as well, this season.

Last year was horrific? are you saying Spurs were the only team to have injuries last season? Most clubs had quite bad injuries too.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I said PL, no one apart from Spurs play their first team in the Europa.

Yes, right now really.

Liverpool missing - VVD, Gomez, Trent, Thiago, Milner injured

Manuted have Shaw, Pogba, Martial, Bailly, Martial, DDG, McTominay injured

Leicester have had their injury issues.
Chelsea have had their issues as well, this season.

Last year was horrific? are you saying Spurs were the only team to have injuries last season? Most clubs had quite bad injuries too.
I said we had horrific injuries last year which is true, I never said others didn't.

You are missing two Martials? Impressive. DDG was only injuried recently, Martial is sick not injured (you made the same point with Doherty), Pogba has been shite.

I don't really get what your saying here, Were top because of other teams injuries? We gonna fail when we get injuries? we play our first team in Europe so we will get more injuies? Or your saying there are 2 Martials? :houllier:

Also you laugh when a Spurs poster lists Lamella and you have the nerve to list Bailly :lol:, he's played even less football than Erik.

Last edited:
I said we had horrific injuries last year which is true, I never said others didn't.

You are missing two Martials? Impressive.

I don't really get what your saying here, Were top because of other teams injuries? We gonna fail when we get injuries? we play our first team in Europe so we will get more injuies? Or your saying there are 2 Martials? :houllier:

Also you laugh when a Spurs poster lists Lamella and you have the nerve to list Bailly :lol:.
@romufc - he’s got you on Bailly to be honest! That’s worse than 2 Martial’s.

romufc

You are missing two Martials? Impressive. DDG was only injuried recently, Martial is sick not injured (you made the same point with Doherty), Pogba has been shite.

Also you laugh when a Spurs poster lists Lamella and you have the nerve to list Bailly :lol:, he's played even less football than Erik.
I think you are misunderstanding what I was initially trying to say.

Regardless of who's been shit or playing well.

I was replying to Glastu Spur about hims saying Spurs have had the toughest fixtrues and I replied saying yes, but then don't complain if you get 1/2 injuries.

It is obvious from evidence of last 7/8 years that the team that plays the most consistent team, has the most consistent results too. I am not saying the sole reason Spurs are top is because of injuries, they have been helped with the fact that they can send out 9/11 players that play most weeks.

Obviously the Martial one was a typo.

I get that Bailly hardly plays because he is injury prone.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think you are misunderstanding what I was initially trying to say.

Regardless of who's been shit or playing well.

I was replying to Glastu Spur about hims saying Spurs have had the toughest fixtrues and I replied saying yes, but then don't complain if you get 1/2 injuries.

It is obvious from evidence of last 7/8 years that the team that plays the most consistent team, has the most consistent results too. I am not saying the sole reason Spurs are top is because of injuries, they have been helped with the fact that they can send out 9/11 players that play most weeks.

Obviously the Martial one was a typo.

I get that Bailly hardly plays because he is injury prone.
I was jesting, I just think some posters on here are judging us and Jose on quite rightly their own opinion of him, I wasn't his biggest fan either as I have said many times.

However the facts are that right now he is doing a very good job, we are top, having played 3 of last years top 4, collecting 7 points out of 9. Has he set up defensively against City and Chelsea of course he has, has it paid off? Yes it has. That s not to say however the whole season has been defensive, it clearly hasn't been.

I'm enjoying the ride and going with it, and yes Jose is growing on me, but yes I am aware he does this "everywhere he goes". Some on here would have us Spurs fans just sit here miserably waiting for the implosion, but again WTF would we do that for. What's the point of football without optimism?

Revaulx

The one variable here is Levy. Think he pulled him in knowing the manager needs a strong management of his own. He may be able to influence him in ways Woodward wouldn’t have even dreamt of
Indeed. One of the ways he's managed to help is by signing players who, while not necessarily Jose's first choice, are actually able to prosper in a Jose-managed team. I don't want to start a Pogba bashing, but Pogba always seemed an odd signing for Jose.

There's actually another variable: London. Unlike LvG, Jose never settled in Manchester and spent as little time here as possible. I don't think there's any doubt that it dampened his motivation.

romufc

I was jesting, I just think some posters on here are judging us and Jose on quite rightly their own opinion of him, I wasn't his biggest fan either as I have said many times.

However the facts are that right now he is doing a very good job, we are top, having played 3 of last years top 4, collecting 7 points out of 9. Has he set up defensively against City and Chelsea of course he has, has it paid off? Yes it has. That s not to say however the whole season has been defensive, it clearly hasn't been.

I'm enjoying the ride and going with it, and yes Jose is growing on me, but yes I am aware he does this "everywhere he goes". Some on here would have us Spurs fans just sit here miserably waiting for the implosion, but again WTF would we do that for. What's the point of football without optimism?
I get where you are coming from, if the team is doing well and playing well, you should have optimism.

I have seen changes in the way Jose plays football compare to when he was at United.

However, for United fans, we cannot forget how bad he was in the final 18 months, which is why we are vary of Jose.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Okay, we shall see but as usual you won't be here to back your corner as soon as results starts to turn, only when Spurs do well.
I was told the same thing about my absence of posting during the closing stages of last season ... by people apparently ignorant of the fact that Spurs did well in those games: undefeated and picking up 14 points from the last 6 matches. It seems that I'm expected to be commenting on every game - when actually I was simply taking a break from engagement with all social media.

Don't some United fans ever get tired of this same old BS? Wouldn't some United fans prefer to talk about football, rather than seeking out individual posters to target with their nonsense?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs

This is mere cherry-picking to suit your point.

If you want to talk about overall squad depth, I'd say that Spurs 2nd XI is better than United's 2nd XI.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yep and it's why I think they'll pick up too many draws to win a title. Mou's football is generally so dull you essentially have to win a trophy every season as a minimum otherwise the trade off in entertainment value just isn't worth it for fans.
Would have to be one of the big two in my opinion.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
So much about stats against Chelsea but how about you watch the game? Chelsea played at home with a vastly superior squad but still were more worried about defending deep to nullify Kane. I felt Tottenham was slightly better tactically in terms of creating dangerous situations.

Chelsea only troubled after a coulle individual mistakes of Rodon. No team wanted to lose so this xG of 0 is typical in these situations but ye keep on hating the man.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
So much about stats against Chelsea but how about you watch the game? Chelsea played at home with a vastly superior squad but still were more worried about defending deep to nullify Kane. Still I felt Tottenham was slightly better tactically in terms of creating dangerous situations.

Chelsea only troubled after a coulle individual mistakes of Rodon. No team wanted to lose so this xG of 0 is typical in these situations but ye keep on hating the man.
In the first half we were pretty cautious with our passing as we were wary of Spurs' threat on the counter but we weren't sitting deep (I was worried about how we were constantly one bad touch from Silva or Zouma away from being in trouble) but in the second half they're was only one team looking to win and that was us, wehad more than just Oli's lob. Tammy missed two sitters that he really should have finished but couldn't connect well with his head, Ziyech fired over from efforts he usually at a minimum tests the keeper with and Mount forced a world class save from Lloris.

romufc

This is mere cherry-picking to suit your point.

If you want to talk about overall squad depth, I'd say that Spurs 2nd XI is better than United's 2nd XI.
Okay lets talk football.

Henderson > Gazzaniga / Hart
Williams < Aurier
Tuanzebe > Rodon
Bailly = Sanchez
Telles > Davies

Pogba > Winks
McTominay < Le Celso

Greenwood > Lamela
James < Bale
Mata = Alli
Ighalo = Vinicius

None of Spurs depth players would get into United first 11 whereas United have Henderson, Pogba, Telles who could get into the Spurs first 11.

cyberman

Okay lets talk football.

Williams < Aurier
Tuanzebe > Rodon
Bailly = Sanchez
Telles > Davies

Pogba > Winks
McTominay < Le Celso

Greenwood > Lamela
James < Bale
Mata = Alli
Ighalo = Vinicius

None of Spurs depth players would get into United first 11 whereas United have Henderson, Pogba, Telles who could get into the Spurs first 11.
Daniel James is better than this Bale as proven by their performances for Wales.

simplyared

I reckon the Spurs job suits him down to the ground. Players like Sissoko and Dyer thrive under a coach like Mourinho. On coming to a club he usually chooses his main man. He makes them indispensible and gets his ideas to the team through them. At Chelsea it was John Terry at utd he didn't find his man but Harry Kane's is his man at Spurs. After a shaky start I reckon he's winning the players over through grinding out results and making Spurs a difficult team to meet. He's certainly inserted some toughness and cutting edge to the team. The transformation of Dyer is there to be seen. He's a different player now.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Okay lets talk football.

Williams < Aurier
Tuanzebe > Rodon
Bailly = Sanchez
Telles > Davies

Pogba > Winks
McTominay < Le Celso

Greenwood > Lamela
James < Bale
Mata = Alli
Ighalo = Vinicius

The 2nd XI team you've cited for Spurs omits Lucas Moura (assuming that Bergwijn is in the first XI as part of a front three with Kane and Son), who is at least as good as Greenwood and probably better. This means that Lamela, who started against United in the 1 - 6 thrashing, wouldn't even be featured.

Moreover, Henderson would not displace Lloris, nor Telles displace Reguillon. On current form it's also doubtful that Mourinho would drop Sissoko in favour of Pogba.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Don't some United fans ever get tired of this same old BS? Wouldn't some United fans prefer to talk about football, rather than seeking out individual posters to target with their nonsense?
All due respect, but the reason that people get personal with you so frequently is because you come across like some kind of pro-Spurs, anti-United robot on here. I've never heard you say a single negative thing about Spurs ever, and you do also have a tendency to disappear when results take a dip. Put that all together, and people are going to come after you.

romufc

The 2nd XI team you've cited for Spurs omits Lucas Moura (assuming that Bergwijn is in the first XI as part of a front three with Kane and Son), who is at least as good as Greenwood and probably better. This means that Lamela, who started against United in the 1 - 6 thrashing, wouldn't even be featured.

Moreover, Henderson would not displace Lloris, nor Telles displace Reguillon. On current form it's also doubtful that Mourinho would drop Sissoko in favour of Pogba.
Okay, Moura < Greenwood.

Yep Moura is better. 19/20 Moura got 7 goals 5 assists and Greenwood got 19 goals 5 assists.

Lloris is probably one of the worst keepers int he top 6 so, yes he would get displaced. Maybe Teles wont but there is No one in the Spurs 2nd squad that would even get near the United first 11.

I understand you have to bring up the 6-1, but I am over it so doesn't really bother me. You can win 6-1 but still have a empty trophy cabinet, maybe you can add "Beat United 6-1 with Lamela" in your trophy cabinet to make you feel superior.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
All due respect, but the reason that people get personal with you so frequently is because you come across like some kind of pro-Spurs, anti-United robot on here. I've never heard you say a single negative thing about Spurs ever, and you do also have a tendency to disappear when results take a dip. Put that all together, and people are going to come after you.
How about my absence of posting during, for example, the last 6 matches of last season, when Spurs were undefeated and picked up 14 points? I'm sorry (not) if this buggers up your neat little theory.

I don't feel any obligation to comment on every Spurs win ... and likewise on every Spurs defeat. If you don't like this, then tough.

As for negative comments about Spurs, check out the post-match posts after Spurs 3 - W.Ham 3. But if that doesn't satisfy your rather unhealthy interest in what I post - and when I post - then, again, that's tough. I can only suggest you find someone other poster to focus on.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
How about my absence of posting during, for example, the last 6 matches of last season, when Spurs were undefeated and picked up 14 points? I'm sorry (not) if this buggers up your neat little theory.

I don't feel any obligation to comment on every Spurs win ... and likewise on every Spurs defeat. If you don't like this, then tough.

As for negative comments about Spurs, check out the post-match posts after Spurs 3 - W.Ham 3. But if that doesn't satisfy your rather unhealthy interest in what I post - and when I post - then, again, that's tough. I can only suggest you find someone other poster to focus on.
Im not starting an argument with you. Just some constructive advice based on what I've noticed, because you seem to complain a lot that people get personal with you and don't want to talk football. Take it or leave it. I don't care.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Okay, Moura < Greenwood.

Yep Moura is better. 19/20 Moura got 7 goals 5 assists and Greenwood got 19 goals 5 assists.

Lloris is probably one of the worst keepers int he top 6 so, yes he would get displaced. Maybe Teles wont but there is No one in the Spurs 2nd squad that would even get near the United first 11.

I understand you have to bring up the 6-1, but I am over it so doesn't really bother me. You can win 6-1 but still have a empty trophy cabinet, maybe you can add "Beat United 6-1 with Lamela" in your trophy cabinet to make you feel superior.
Your comment about Lloris is BS. He's one reason why we've conceded only 9 league goals this season so far.

So Winks wouldn't "even get near replacing" Matic? And likewise Lo Celso for VD Beek? Who are you trying to kid?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Im not starting an argument with you. Just some constructive advice based on what I've noticed, because you seem to complain a lot that people get personal with you and don't want to talk football. Take it or leave it. I don't care.
I'll leave it, thanks. Feel free to return when you want to talk about football rather than posters.

romufc

Your comment about Lloris is BS. He's one reason why we've conceded only 9 league goals this season so far.

So Winks wouldn't "even get near replacing" Matic? And likewise Lo Celso for VD Beek? Who are you trying to kid?
Winks would not replace Matic, he is a side ways pass merchant.

I am not trying to kid anyone, Lo Celso would not get in ahead of VBD, actually VDB at the moment is second choice, Bruno is first choice in CAM and Lo Celso would not even be 4th choice for us in that position.

The reason Spurs conceded 9 goals only is because they defend with 11 men behind the ball.

cyberman

Who

Who is Lloris better than in the top 6?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Winks would not replace Matic, he is a side ways pass merchant.

I am not trying to kid anyone, Lo Celso would not get in ahead of VBD, actually VDB at the moment is second choice, Bruno is first choice in CAM and Lo Celso would not even be 4th choice for us in that position.

The reason Spurs conceded 9 goals only is because they defend with 11 men behind the ball.
Matic's legs have gone. Winks has twice the energy. Moreover, his range of passing his actually pretty good.

And you've now included VDB in both your first and 2nd XI, That's convenient. Can I do the same for Ndombele?

romufc

Matic's legs have gone. Winks has twice the energy. Moreover, his range of passing his actually pretty good.

And you've now included VDB in both your first and 2nd XI, That's convenient. Can I do the same for Ndombele?
Apologies, like Moura he is second string, I forgot about VBD. Bruno gets in ahead of him.

This season in the DM role, even if Matic has less legs, he is better than winks.

In the league WInks has played 87 minutes less than Matic

WinksMatic
Passing accuracy in opp half8285
Ariel duels won %5070
Recoveries1537
Tackles won %7544
Interceptions010

Winks literally offers nothing apart from someone to pass sideways and backwards.

So it is pretty clear United's second choice is better than Spurs as we can call upon tried and tested players like Pogba, VDB, Greenwood, Telles, Henderson.

acnumber9

Makes constant snide remarks about Man United on a Man United forum. Gets surprised when Man United fans make snide comments about him and Spurs.