Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrustInOle

Glad he is not our manager anymore, as evidence suggests, it was going downhill on both sides. But I'm glad he is doing well at Spurs, love him as a personality. There does seem to be alot of people that are out for him when it's clear, regardless what you think or your opinion, he is a serial winner who has won everywhere he has been. For my dislike of his period with us, he is still our most successful manager since Sir Alex and deserves some respect for that alone.

El Zoido

His constant ‘woe is us/everyone has it better than us/my job is so hard’ shtick is incredibly tiresome these days.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Apologies, like Moura he is second string, I forgot about VBD. Bruno gets in ahead of him.

This season in the DM role, even if Matic has less legs, he is better than winks.

In the league WInks has played 87 minutes less than Matic

WinksMatic
Passing accuracy in opp half8285
Ariel duels won %5070
Recoveries1537
Tackles won %7544
Interceptions010

Winks literally offers nothing apart from someone to pass sideways and backwards.

So it is pretty clear United's second choice is better than Spurs as we can call upon tried and tested players like Pogba, VDB, Greenwood, Telles, Henderson.
So, Pogba and VDB are now in your revised 2nd XI, with Bruno in the CAM role in your first XI.

So is it Fred that's now playing alongside Matic in CM in the first XI? If so, Matic + Fred falls far short of Sissoko + Hojbjerg.

Or are you just switching players around to make your 2nd XI look better?

PS. The notion that Lo Celso would not even be in your 2nd XI is as delusional as your suggestion that Henderson is better than Lloris.

cyberman

I honestly can't be bothered.

But the idea that Henderson is better than Lloris is just delusional.
Henderson was one of the top keepers in all of English football over the last 2 seasons, attracting interest from Chelsea and seen as Neurs potential replacement at Bayern until he signed his contract while Lloris is injury prone and aging.
Would he even get in front of Kasper?
I just find it strange how you are talking up your reserves yet Jose subbed 4 of them off at halftime and publically called them shit.

romufc

So, Pogba and VDB are now in your revised 2nd XI, with Bruno in the CAM role in your first XI.

So is it Fred that's now playing alongside Matic in CM in the first XI? Or are you just switching players around to make your 2nd XI look better?

PS. The notion that Lo Celso would not even be in your 2nd XI is as delusional as your suggestion that Henderson is better than Lloris.
Yes, is it hard to understand I missed a player out? its not really revised when I added one player. Matic or VDB either or are still better than any of your second choice in that position.

Again, Lo Celso playing in the CAM does not get in our second XI.

Even if Henderson isn't better, he surely would give Lloris a good run for his money, Lloris may knick it on experience but there is always a mistake around the corner from him.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Henderson was one of the top keepers in all of English football over the last 2 seasons, attracting interest from Chelsea and seen as Neurs potential replacement at Bayern until he signed his contract while Lloris is injury prone and aging.
Would he even get in front of Kasper?
I just find it strange how you are talking up your reserves yet Jose subbed 4 of them off at halftime and publically called them shit.
I see - so why is he just a bench warmer?

Meanwhile, poor old Lloris is only the captain of the World Cup winning team ... and so far part of the best defence in the Prem. How could he ever hope to compete against Henderson?

romufc

I see - so why is he just a bench warmer?

Meanwhile, poor old Lloris is only the captain of the World Cup winning team ... and so far part of the best defence in the Prem. How could he ever hope to compete against Henderson?
Ha! on that basis Pogba gets into your first team because he is a world cup final scorer.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
If Utd have a much stronger squad than Spurs as some would suggest then I guess that means Jose must be doing a great job then.

TheRedHearted

Indeed. One of the ways he's managed to help is by signing players who, while not necessarily Jose's first choice, are actually able to prosper in a Jose-managed team. I don't want to start a Pogba bashing, but Pogba always seemed an odd signing for Jose.

There's actually another variable: London. Unlike LvG, Jose never settled in Manchester and spent as little time here as possible. I don't think there's any doubt that it dampened his motivation.
Completely agree about Pogba and Mourinho.
I also do firmly believe Levy will give Mourinho the attention he needs to keep his head level. I felt like he isolated himself when things get tough and if upper management sees him as an asset the game has to get a little revolutionary when it comes to design with managers in general.

hubbuh

Okay lets talk football.

Henderson > Gazzaniga / Hart
Williams < Aurier
Tuanzebe > Rodon
Bailly = Sanchez
Telles > Davies

Pogba > Winks
McTominay < Le Celso

Greenwood > Lamela
James < Bale
Mata = Alli
Ighalo = Vinicius

None of Spurs depth players would get into United first 11 whereas United have Henderson, Pogba, Telles who could get into the Spurs first 11.
Telles sure as shit wouldn't start over Reguilon.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The 2nd XI team you've cited for Spurs omits Lucas Moura (assuming that Bergwijn is in the first XI as part of a front three with Kane and Son), who is at least as good as Greenwood and probably better. This means that Lamela, who started against United in the 1 - 6 thrashing, wouldn't even be featured.

Moreover, Henderson would not displace Lloris, nor Telles displace Reguillon. On current form it's also doubtful that Mourinho would drop Sissoko in favour of Pogba.
moura better than Greenwood :lol: :lol: :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Based on what I've seen a combined Utd/Spurs XI would see Kane, Son and Reguilon as the shoo-ins on the Spurs side, Bruno on our side and then obviously one of Rashford/Greenwood/Martial to complete the front 3

Very little between the 2/3 GK's, the 4 CB's, RB's are between one who can't attack vs one who can't defend, CM's if you assume Fred and McTominay are our first choice two very little between them and Sissoko and Højbjerg

2 very evenly matched teams imo

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
which of Henderson, Telles and Pogba don't you rate out of interest?
Henderson is quality would start fro us, Telles untested in the PL I am happy with Reguilon..... Pogba is world class when Pogba wants to be world class :lol:, other than that he's more trouble than he's worth, either that or he's thick.

Based on what I've seen a combined Utd/Spurs XI would see Kane, Son and Reguilon as the shoo-ins on the Spurs side, Bruno on our side and then obviously one of Rashford/Greenwood/Martial to complete the front 3

Very little between the 2/3 GK's, the 4 CB's, RB's are between one who can't attack vs one who can't defend, CM's if you assume Fred and McTominay are our first choice two very little between them and Sissoko and Højbjerg

2 very evenly matched teams imo
Only Greenwood has shown he can play right, and I would take McTominay in our squad for sure. De Gea is better than Lloris. Only players that I would want in our first team are Bruno and De Gea.

Posh Red

Henderson is quality would start fro us, Telles untested in the PL I am happy with Reguilon..... Pogba is world class when Pogba wants to be world class :lol:, other than that he's more trouble than he's worth, either that or he's thick.
Yet Pogba has won more at United than Spurs have won in the last decade whilst featuring heavily. Weird

unfortunately Pogba has never been world class, and never will be. If he can get his shit together he can be a very good midfielder, but whether he does is questionable.

you are right, we can’t judge Telles yet. I’m yet to form an opinion, looks good going forward, defensively he’s not been tested yet. Shaw was in great form after he arrived, so he’s not a nailed on starter - very good competition for us.

as someone else said, two reasonably evenly matched sides. Spurs have been in excellent form, United have been poor. If United out a good run together, I’m sure some of the opinions here will be reevaluated.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Unlike during his time at United, Mourinho's time with Spurs has not been a circus. On the contrary, it has been generally harmonious. So perhaps you should look a little closer at the inner workings of United as a club to explain why.

As for the Europa League, this relates to league finishes last season ... but Mourinho only arrived at Spurs mid-season.
You know how it ends though, right?

Posh Red

How is it weird? Going by your criteria the whole United first team is better than ours. Oh and was it Jose that won most of that silverware? :lol:
Only commented on your evaluation of our players. Said nothing about Jose as a coach did I? Just seemed weird that you said he’s more trouble than he’s worth. Surely you would be happy with a couple of trophies

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
unfortunately Pogba has never been world class, and never will be. If he can get his shit together he can be a very good midfielder, but whether he does is questionable.

you are right, we can’t judge Telles yet. I’m yet to form an opinion, looks good going forward, defensively he’s not been tested yet. Shaw was in great form after he arrived, so he’s not a nailed on starter - very good competition for us.

as someone else said, two reasonably evenly matched sides. Spurs have been in excellent form, United have been poor. If United out a good run together, I’m sure some of the opinions here will be reevaluated.
I think United have a good squad, never denied it. I rate Martial, Rashford, Greenwood, VdB, Bruno, McT, Shaw, Telles, De Gea even Maguire when he's on form with a good paring.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Only commented on your evaluation of our players. Said nothing about Jose as a coach did I? Just seemed weird that you said he’s more trouble than he’s worth. Surely you would be happy with a couple of trophies
So we can only get trophies with Pogba? I do not get your point, I was passing comment on the United players, how has that got anything to do with what Spurs have won?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Either more trouble than he’s worth, or thick? Sounded like mocking to me. Apologies if I misunderstood
You pick that up after I say he has the ability to be word class, tell me are you happy with his performances for United this season? Are you always happy with the comments from him or his agent?

Posh Red

You pick that up after I say he has the ability to be word class, tell me are you happy with his performances for United this season? Are you always happy with the comments from him or his agent?
I mean you’re a Spurs fan making fun of our players on a United forum. Couldn’t help having a dig back.

Loon

:lol:
He repeated himself with the "little pony" schtick, but this is the season he generally wins something.

Traub

I actually wouldn’t mind Spurs winning the league - better than City or Liverpool. Also, I’m sure the ban hammer would be out to avoid any gloating. Win win.

acnumber9

So we are shifting to National team form now? :lol: fecking hell.
No. God you’re a sensitive bunch. It’s a hypothetical conversation about who has a better first choice/second 11. It’s fair to say most neutrals and managers would pick Pogba ahead of Ndombele, as evidenced by the fact that the only person who has that option picks Pogba.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No. God you’re a sensitive bunch. It’s a hypothetical conversation about who has a better first choice/second 11. It’s fair to say most neutrals and managers would pick Pogba ahead of Ndombele, as evidenced by the fact that the only person who has that option picks Pogba.
We're sensitive? Seriously? I'm talking about PL form and overall play in the PL this season. From what I was seeing this season on this very forum, most members wanted VdB over Pogba?