Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Mourinho may not but the France manager would definitely start Pogba ahead of him. As most probably would.
Not if you have been watching him play for Utd in the past 2 years. I certainly wouldn't play him ahead of N'dombele. No way.

acnumber9

Not if you have been watching him play for Utd in the past 2 years. I certainly wouldn't play him ahead of N'dombele. No way.
You wouldn’t because you’re a Spurs fan. Ndombele was atrocious last year. He’ll need more than a handful of games of decent form to say he’s better than Pogba. And the only person who gets to choose agrees it seems.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
You wouldn’t because you’re a Spurs fan. Ndombele was atrocious last year. He’ll need more than a handful of games of decent form to say he’s better than Pogba. And the only person who gets to choose agrees it seems.
Pogba has been absolutely awful for Utd (mostly) with the odd decent game. If you are asking me who id rather have in my team right now Pogba would be nowhere near it. Id also have Lo Celso in over him.

Posh Red

Was Ndombele not getting slaughtered for laziness last season? Watched him the other day and he looked pretty good to be fair. But I don’t see how that makes him better than a player like Pogba who has achieved a fair bit in the game

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Man.... I have said Pogba is world class, but for United this season he has been shite. @ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg seems to agree, its not a competition, just trying to have a footballing conversation without stupid point scoring.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Was Ndombele not getting slaughtered for laziness last season? Watched him the other day and he looked pretty good to be fair. But I don’t see how that makes him better than a player like Pogba who has achieved a fair bit in the game
I have said Pogba is a class player, but has he performed this season for you? Its not a hard question to answer, yes or no? Were talking about form here and yes Ndombelle was dogshit last season.

Posh Red

I have said Pogba is a class player, but has he performed this season for you? Its not a hard question to answer, yes or no? Were talking about form here and yes Ndombelle was dogshit last season.
No he hasn’t been good this season, but I don’t think that’s necessarily the point being argued? Form comes and goes, and Pogba has had some really good spells for us despite being inconsistent. He’s not quite lived up to expectation but it seems a bit short term to say that Ndombele is a better player or would be the first choice out of the two.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
No he hasn’t been good this season, but I don’t think that’s necessarily the point being argued? Form comes and goes, and Pogba has had some really good spells for us despite being inconsistent. He’s not quite lived up to expectation but it seems a bit short term to say that Ndombele is a better player or would be the first choice out of the two.
We were responding to a guy saying he would get in our team. Right now he definitely wouldn't.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think were talking about 2 different things then, last season I would have Ndombele nowhere near our first team, lazy, bad attitude and disinterested. This season he has been totally different, would I like a determined committed Pogba, feck yeah I would. But lately he isnt and he makes comments in the media that can be taken many different ways, his agent comes out saying he wants gone, that's what I mean about the shit I don't want at my club.

acnumber9

Pogba has been absolutely awful for Utd (mostly) with the odd decent game. If you are asking me who id rather have in my team right now Pogba would be nowhere near it. Id also have Lo Celso in over him.
And so has Ndombele for Spurs. And Lo Celso isn’t as good a player as Pogba either. Hasn’t achieved a quarter of what Pogba has. Current poor form aside.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
You know how it ends though, right?
With 99.9% of ALL managers it ends with a sacking or resignation. The only question is what they achieve in the meantime.

Posh Red

I think were talking about 2 different things then, last season I would have Ndombele nowhere near our first team, lazy, bad attitude and disinterested. This season he has been totally different, would I like a determined committed Pogba, feck yeah I would. But lately he isnt and he makes comments in the media that can be taken many different ways, his agent comes out saying he wants gone, that's what I mean about the shit I don't want at my club.
So I take it you were pleased when Bale left? Given he spoke about other clubs beforehand etc

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And so has Ndombele for Spurs. And Lo Celso isn’t as good a player as Pogba either. Hasn’t achieved a quarter of what Pogba has. Current poor form aside.
He can't even get into the utd team right now and you would have him in ours? Madness

acnumber9

Man.... I have said Pogba is world class, but for United this season he has been shite. @ClaytonBlackmoorLeftPeg seems to agree, its not a competition, just trying to have a footballing conversation without stupid point scoring.
But again, I wasn’t talking about just this season. We were discussing a hypothetical scenario over which club had the best squad. Current form changes regularly so it would be beyond stupid to base an opinion on that subject on that alone. Southampton players have been in better form than United players for the most part this season. Doesn’t mean they have a better squad.

You were throwing about laughing smilies without understanding what was actually being talked about.

Last edited:

acnumber9

He can't even get into the utd team right now and you would have him in ours? Madness
I would pick a team based on form. Pogba’a poor form may last forever, it may not. Currently he has a much better player in his way to play in the position Ndombele has been playing for Spurs.

Threesus

I feel like at the end of the season, either we will be proven wrong and Jose is still that guy, or all the Spurs fans will deactivate their accounts on here and escape to India. Let's see what happens.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I feel like at the end of the season, either we will be proven wrong and Jose is still that guy, or all the Spurs fans will deactivate their accounts on here and escape to India. Let's see what happens.
Its about expectation, Spurs fans and the board will be happy with top four. A trophy would be viewed as an amazing effort, FA Cup, League Cup, Europa League, one of those. If he gets one of those trophies and gets top four he probably still considered finished by the majority here. Spurs fans will think he is 'that guy' and he still has it however.

simmee

Lo Celso > Pogba :lol: The Spurs cycle has started again, glad to be along for the ride.

cyberman

But thats because we have the best player in the world in his position in front of Paul. Its like saying Bernardo Silva wouldn't get in your team because he cant get into Citys starting 11

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
But thats because we have the best player in the world in his position in front of Paul. Its like saying Bernardo Silva wouldn't get in your team because he cant get into Citys starting 11
Pogba and Fernandes should be able to coexist in the same team, it's only because of his own failings in his actual position that he's seemingly now found himself competing with Fernandes for one spot.

cyberman

Pogba and Fernandes should be able to coexist in the same team, it's only because of his own failings in his actual position that he's seemingly now found himself competing with Fernandes for one spot.
Nope. Pogbas best position is on the left of a 3 which doesnt exist as Bruno is a 10.
He can play as a DM and won a world cup there but Fred is better in that position as well.
Lets not pretend Pogba is suddenly a scub. Hell VDB only just broke into our side and he is an excellent midfielder in his own right.
You have to fit our system, not getting into the side doesnt make them bad players.

always_hoping

I see Jose Mourinho questioned the attitude of some of his players as Spurs drew 3-3 at LASK last night. Even on a decent run of form he loves throwing his own players under the bus and any poor result is never his fault...

RedDevil@84

I see Jose Mourinho questioned the attitude of some of his players as Spurs drew 3-3 at LASK last night. Even on a decent run of form he loves throwing his own players under the bus and any poor result is never his fault...
There is some weird ask that Jose should come out and keep saying "I screwed it up" whenever things go bad.
Most managers don't.

Sylar

There is some weird ask that Jose should come out and keep saying "I screwed it up" whenever things go bad.
Most managers don't.
Although most don't question the attitude in public
Unless I'm missing that?

RedDevil@84

Although most don't question the attitude in public
Unless I'm missing that?
Agree. Some do and most don't.
But that is how Jose rolls. His philosophy (however flawed) is that questioning things a bit more publicly fires up the player to prove him wrong.

And the clubs that hire him should/would know that's how he rolls and are/should be ok with it.

At the same time, Jose has time and again fought with media over any accusations levelled by the media against his player. It has happened at every club he has been.

And I don't get this "to save himself" logic. When you are manager, there is no saving yourself. No club administration thinks "My manager is awesome. Only my players are crap because Jose said so". No one is that naïve.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I think he'll be top 4 but not title winners, that there'll be no consensus and the debate will rage on for a good while longer. Those who think he's lost it will say he finished x points behind the champions and that you can't possibly win with his dated style, those who think is he is still the man will say mission asccomplished in getting Spurs back into the top 4.

We'll then lurch into the great 3rd season syndrome discussion only there'll be lots of debate whether it really should count as season 3 or season 2 as he took over after 12 matches into his 1st. If he gets sacked next season those who dislike will say it's 3rd season syndrome, those who like him will say it's only his second full season and that 3rd season syndrome is a myth. If he does well next season those who dislike him will say he'll get sacked in 22/23 as that's his 3rd full season, those who like him will say he's now in his 4th.

Last edited: