Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The United

Spur will still back him for this season. I thought he had been doing a decent job in term of results so far.

I would wait until Jan to see if he is really running the team to the ground.

Jagga7

He's a footballing dinosaur, he's style of football can never hold up for the entire season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Posts on Spurs' forum feeling familiar

All the same excuses, spin and BS every time. It was tiresome the first time we heard him try to explain this BS, its just as tiresome now.
Could be 6th going into Christmas.

Hey, we were 7th last Christmas. Improvements all round.

Well done Jose!
Quite certain we've won the "been top of the table for 3 weeks" award. So indeed improvements.
He never has a plan b. It's the antithesis to poch where his team's attack and have no plan b mourinho is sit back and hope for a counter. Now teams have sussed out his tactics he doesn't have a backup plan. I honestly don't know if I can watch this drab football all season.
A third of the season gone and Jose is looking up at Ole gunnar solskjaer in the table!
Let that fecking sink in, guys.

The damage was done 2 years ago
Personally these defeats are less painful as the football is so shit .
Even victory lacks an overwhelming pleasure as it's been ground out by suffocating the game .
Totally agree with that. The wins (bar United) feel like eating chocolates with the wrappers on. There is just no real buzz, no real highs or lows. You could enjoy looking at the table when we were top but there was no real sense it was going to last.
Now that Jose has been found at as a cowardly dinosaur, always more scared of what the opposition might do can we just get rid and get in a manager who may keep us awake with his football.
The football is unwatchable and we're 5th and could soon be 7th if Chelsea and City win their games in hand.
8th if Villa win thiers.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Meltdown has just begun. Another defeat and he will start pointing fingers and causing a schism in the dressing room.

Prepare the popcorn.

L1nk

It's what I hated about the Mourinho era most of all, win or lose you should come away from the match thrilled and excited at least, with Mourinho win or lose you come away with this empty feeling of being non plussed because his attitude and his style of play just suck out any enjoyment from the game of football.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Mourinho is great to have around when the team is winning, significantly less so when they're losing.

The blame game will start unless Spurs turn this bad form around.

InfiniteBoredom

So pretty much he's having a 17/18 United except with a shorter stint at the top of the table before it all turns to shit around christmas?
I said it weeks ago. They stat padded their goal scoring in a couple of games just like us when we had back to back 4-0 late wins, but the majority of the time xG were close to 1 than 2 per game and it was a matter of time before it caught up with them.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
We really need to have a run of 5/6 wins on the trot to have any hope of staying in the top 4. Based on today I can't see it.
That’s quite a change from the previously bullish sentiment around Tottenham on here.

I think Mourinho murdered Spurs’ momentum with an unnecessarily negative approach at Palace.

Personally don’t see players like Kane and Son being happy chasing the ball for 85 minutes at a time.

SamVimes

He just does my head it. His post match interview was Grade A Mourinho. I didn't tell them not to play well, so it's not my fault. I am not going to blame anyone, but Aurier made a silly mistake so it is his fault. On and on and on.

Of course the other side of it was Rodgers and his tactical masterclass bullshxt.

Chief123

We really need to have a run of 5/6 wins on the trot to have any hope of staying in the top 4. Based on today I can't see it.
Spurs biggest problem is finding a plan B. Right now it seems to be get 11 behind the ball and hope Kane can find a killer pass for Son.

Jose is stubborn and keep doing the same till he gets sacked eventually.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If the stories on Twitter are true about his leaked training regimen surely he’s in trouble.

Spending all week practicing defensive positioning whilst telling Son and Kane to play keepy uppies and have shots from 25 yards is no way to coach attacking plays. Surely this isn’t how Tottenham operate?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If the stories on Twitter are true about his leaked training regimen surely he’s in trouble.

Spending all week practicing defensive positioning whilst telling Son and Kane to play keepy uppies and have shots from 25 yards is no way to coach attacking plays. Surely this isn’t how Tottenham operate?
Would explain our attacking under him and goes with everything we've been told in the past and that he just expects the attacking players to product individual moments

Baxter

You got a link?

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Ironic that he too has become a dinosaur of the game after all the shit he gave Wenger. Fully expecting him to implode much sooner than usual.

Grande

Ironic that he too has become a dinosaur of the game after all the shit he gave Wenger. Fully expecting him to implode much sooner than usual.
I’m sure it was less than two games ago that I read several posts about how much better manager he was than Solskjær, and that he still is one of the top managers in the world.

I’m sure it was less than two games ago that I read several posts about how much better manager he was than Solskjær, and that he still is one of the top managers in the world.
there was an article on the BBC yesterday about how he had got his mojo back. Didn’t read it, just saw the headline.

thing with Jose, you know it won’t take too much to break him these days. He will implode, it’s just a question of when - everyone knows this except some Spurs fans.

georgipep

there was an article on the BBC yesterday about how he had got his mojo back. Didn’t read it, just saw the headline.

thing with Jose, you know it won’t take too much to break him these days. He will implode, it’s just a question of when - everyone knows this except some Spurs fans.
One win in five definitely doesn't read well right now.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Meltdown has just begun. Another defeat and he will start pointing fingers and causing a schism in the dressing room.

Prepare the popcorn.
Wolves away next up. Even without Jimenez sort of team who could easily do a number on them with the way they play. Beaten Spurs in each of last two seasons although both were away.

Will probably see Doherty start and perhaps Ben Davies aswell. Full lockdown at the back and grind out a 0-1.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Better CV sure, dunno what to make of OGS as a manager but Mourinho is 100% done. He still holds on to his outdated views and they are biting him in the ass.

That dumbass 4231 he loves so much. Did the same shit at Madrid, a defensive block of Alonso and Khedira. Benching Modric(!), his teams suffer for it because they can’t string 4 passes together in build up. So what happens is they play it wide and long resulting in loss of possesion. Even a tiny bit of pressure and his teams turn into Stoke not knowing what a ball is.

The way he sets up his team is weird, back when he was at United he had the same problem iirc. The second balls are usually lost to the opposition which invites more pressure. And it is that pressure his teams can’t handle. Football has changed and become much more dynamic than even 10 years ago when he won the CL with Inter. Mourinho hasn’t evolved his game and tries the same old crap. Even the simple stuff like trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead. That shit rarely works for him (last week against CP) and yet he keeps doing it. Hell he did it with Madrid as well, we’d get dominated by smaller teams and it was only due to the likes of Ronaldo and co we’d edge out those games but it wasn’t pretty nor worthy of a big club.

Chief123

I wonder if spurs fans still have the happy giddy feeling about him.

It was one of the best days of my football supporting life when we sacked him. It’s a joy to watch him be someone else’s problem. Really can’t stand his football philosophy or his arrogance.

I hope their bad run doesn’t last too long as I would love for him to stay there at least a couple of years.

thatsme

I'm pleased to see this dinosaur is starting to be found out.

Spurs aren't that great a side but I think Jose's holding them back and costing them points. He treated a bang average Chelsea team like they were Carlo's title winning side and then they didn't go for it enough against a Liverpool team who were there for the taking that night.

His extreme tactics are insulting to 8 out of 10 of his outfield players and basically telling them they are not good enough fior him to trust them to do anything more than work their arse off and lump the ball forward to Kane or Son whenever they can.
This is Spurs, not 1980's Wimbledon.

Eddy_JukeZ

It was hilarious seeing his acolytes return from exile beating their chest out how Jose is back. Jose didn't fail at United they said. Ed Woodward failed Jose they said.

They conveniently leave out his horror title defense at Chelsea and his disastrous last season at Real. Not to mention, his utter cowardice during big games.

He is a dinosaur of a manager. He will never win a league title at a top 5 league ever again.

cheeky_backheel

They could have won/drawn against Liverpool if Bergwin had taken his chances, and the loss to Leicester was like one of those days everything goes wrong for you (Aurier brain fart, Lo Celso injury after taking Ndombele off, own goal ..... )

Their form seems to have dropped in recent games but the y are doing quite well so far imo and are still in the running for the PL.

Think its too early to judge this season.

He'sRaldo

It was hilarious seeing his acolytes return from exile beating their chest out how Jose is back. Jose didn't fail at United they said. Ed Woodward failed Jose they said.

They conveniently leave out his horror title defense at Chelsea and his disastrous last season at Real. Not to mention, his utter cowardice during big games.

He is a dinosaur of a manager. He will never win a league title at a top 5 league ever again.
I disagree, it was fecking tiring.