Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I actually think it's potentially a brilliant fit for both parties, particularly when you look at the squad, there are a lot of Jose type players in there and no way Levy and him haven't talked openly about the financial side.
The financial side that he and Poch couldn't agree on?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Pogba to Spurs in January?
Forget Pogba, Ndombele said he joined Spurs because of Poch's ability to improve players.

What guided me was the Premier League, the top four in England, with a very good manager, who is going to help me to take steps forward.

"Tottenham have one of the best managers in the world. The fact that he wants you, it makes you want to come work with him. He was the one who shifted my decision.

It is difficult to describe but he knows how to touch people, to leave a mark on people. He looked at me in the eyes and said: 'Come with me, I am sure that you will progress.'

"It is these types of little things that made me want to sign over there. I could see that he really, genuinely wanted me, that he genuinely liked me."

Poor guy, worked only for 3-4 months.

LDUred

this is going to end in tears
Think it's an excellent appointment, tbf.

Spurs don't need a lot of investment, but what quality they do require, Mourinho will be better able to attract than Poch. He's still regarded as one of the biggest names in football, and rightly so.

Mourinho will shore up their defence and make them tougher to beat.

It's an amazing narrative for the PL and I hope he proves the doubters wrong.

Dan-Utd

Can't believe this,

Jose Mourinho = moaned when Chelsea didn't buy him the players he wanted... Moaned when we didn't buy him the players he wanted...

Daniel Levy = Didn't give Mauricio Pochettino the money he wanted to spend on players... didn't give Andre Villa Boas the money he wanted to spend on players.

How possibly can they be a match?

The academy players will be lucky to get a chance in the first team, the young lads in the first team will struggle for a game and if they make a mistake they'll be given the Shaw treatment.

Style of football? well this man has gone from playing exciting football at Porto and Chelsea to being scared of failure and playing safe, boring football.

What a week in football, Almost as crazy as Spain sacking the manager after a 5-0 win.

Zlatan to Spurs! and Harry Kane shipped out on loan :P

Reactions: SteveJ

Dan-Utd

Can't believe this,

Jose Mourinho = moaned when Chelsea didn't buy him the players he wanted... Moaned when we didn't buy him the players he wanted...

Daniel Levy = Didn't give Mauricio Pochettino the money he wanted to spend on players... didn't give Andre Villa Boas the money he wanted to spend on players.

How possibly can they be a match?

The academy players will be lucky to get a chance in the first team, the young lads in the first team will struggle for a game and if they make a mistake they'll be given the Shaw treatment.

Style of football? well this man has gone from playing exciting football at Porto and Chelsea to being scared of failure and playing safe, boring football.

What a week in football, Almost as crazy as Spain sacking the manager after a 5-0 win.

Zlatan to Spurs! and Harry Kane shipped out on loan :P

Mullet_Man

You'll see a different Mourinho than when he was with us I think, he lives in London and am guessing his wife and kids do so he will be ultimately happier.

Who knows though he might end up sacked by the summer ha.

Mcking

He is going to be successful there. Spurs have a good squad that would suit him. He doesn't even need to spend a lot, and if there's any manager capable of getting the best out of a decent squad it's him - he has shown that at previous clubs at least.
He will have the perfect striker to call upon, wingers that excel at both ends, experienced defenders, midfielders that would run all day, and hardworking AMs capable of magical moments. I think the biggest challenge would be getting the likes of Alderweireld, Vertoghen, Kane, Eriksen, Lo Celso to stay and perform if they've still got it. I desperately want him to do well.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How does that work out ? A man who wants to spend big and another man who is greedy ?
Mourinho learned his lesson and has changed. That's what people told themselves the last two times, maybe the third time is the one.

BaneIsPain

Good luck Mou but just not against us. At least, he’ll settle down in london like he wanted.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Clever appoint from Spurs, they have got a lot of older or physical players. Perfect Mou striker with Kane, Ali as a Lampard and hard working midfielder in Eriksen. The length of the contract is very good, i'd be surprised if he doesn't win a big trophy there.

jackal&hyde

People are judging Mourinho based off their emotions instead of facts. Your squad actually looks almost perfect for him. He also loves a big man in front (Kane) as well as a solid defense (you guys always had one, they are just having an awful patch of form at the moment). He will love Son too as he will be the focal point of your counter attacks.
I tend to agree with this. The problem could be that some of those players might not want to be at the club anymore and if Mou lost the dressing room at United how will it go at Spurs with players already wanting out and in general being underpaid compared to what other clubs offer. The style of play also has to matter here; going from an attacking high pressing play (when it worked :) ) to a park the buss one might further drive out some players.

Interesting times.

UpWithRivers

You have to hand it to Levy and Spurs though. They could have got 40 mill for Poch in the summer and now he has been sht they made a quick decision and actually paid him off. Then they get a top manager in straight away. It might back fire but you have to make decisions based on whats in front of you and by the looks of it Poch lost the dressing room and it was not working at all. I think thats the sign of a well run club. Mourinho will do well. They have a good set of players. Just having Kane in your team makes life so much easier. He might persuade Eriksen and the rest to stay then one or two good signings and they are sorted.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They are going to go on a run aren't they.
They have the quality to be better than 14th so it's a tad misleading. They should be fine but there's only the FA Cup to genuinely go for.
I wouldn't bet against that being a trophy and let's face it Spurs' fans will be over the moon

JoseChelsea

Supports
Chelsea
I disagree with a lot here.

I think he will be a success, now he got a team craving for titles and being in an underdog role suits his style much better.

Jose said his next job would be in a club that assures him of what he wants. I am sure Levy guaranteed funds. Otherwise he wouldn‘t have taken the job, it is also a crucial point in his own managerial career.

Ace of Spades

Think he will do well. He always has a good start, and second season is usually the high point of his tenure, the third season is where things tend to go wrong.

I never liked him as a manger, or his style of football, but he is a winner and one of the most decorated managers in the game. He should get Spurs some trophies in the short term at least.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Clever appoint from Spurs, they have got a lot of older or physical players. Perfect Mou striker with Kane, Ali as a Lampard and hard working midfielder in Eriksen. The length of the contract is very good, i'd be surprised if he doesn't win a big trophy there.
Eriksen wants out, what makes you think he'll bust a gut for Jose?

Traub

Those going on about signings - Spurs are not title contenders and don't expect to be. Jose is very capable of being a top 4 manager. He will make them tough to beat against the big 6, and will get Kane et al. smashing the worst teams. He will keep Spurs as the third or fourth best team in the league without too many signings.

waza7111

He complained about not being given money for transfers at United. It will be even worse there.

meamth

You can never hate a charismatic guy.

I wish him luck, all the best, Jose Mourinho.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
feck sake, he will be visiting us in 2 weeks time. Will definitely win with 'tactical masterclass.' :(

PyroMan

He's gonna shush the Stretford end on 5th December, isn't he?