Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DRM

Typical Jose away performance. Too timid, too defensive. Shouldve got at United and I have no doubt they would've won. Reminded me of Sevilla actually. Looks like he hasn't changed at all

Castia

Spurs fans been buzzing on here with Jose taking over Poch.....can’t fecking wait until it all goes to shit.

Used to be a world class manager but he’s not the same guy anymore, they’ll be missing Poch before long.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I thought he might change his style a bit for Spurs but that was pretty awful hoofball at times.We dominated them.

I think Spurs fullback woes are worse than ours :lol:
Too late to realise. Even some of Spurs fans didn’t realise that as well. They lost Trippier and haven’t replace him, left back is still in a mess & centre backs are ageing and they might lose two of the centre backs for free in the summer. I have said this before that they are currently in a worse situation for rebuilding than us.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Does anyone else find it strange that Mourinho opted out of the standard 10 game win streak that any manager can achieve at a new club?
The players are too depressed after losing the bestest manager ever.

saivet

Their lack of pressing from the front, was a noticeable change. They let us play out from the back nearly everytime.

Felt like they played a lot of long balls too, even in the periods where they had a lot of the ball, they didn't seem threatening.

Bojan11

Vertonghen at left back with his age is a weird thing. I know Rose isn’t in great form, but why not play him?

Djemba-Djemba

No surprise really, he isnt under pressure, things are still fresh, didnt take a part in transfer window either, still on his original contract.
Aye, it's in a year or so where if we beat him he'll say something snidey.

I hold no ill will to him though to be honest. He had to be sacked here, I'm sure he'll do good things with Spurs for a bit and then he'll implode and it'll all go horribly wrong.

tomaldinho1

Typical Jose away performance. Too timid, too defensive. Shouldve got at United and I have no doubt they would've won. Reminded me of Sevilla actually. Looks like he hasn't changed at all
They weren't defensive though, that was the issue for them. How can a team fielding Dele, Son, Moura and Kane be defensive? I agree though - can you imagine Mourinho in his prime in this game, he'd have come and started the same back four, something like Wanyama and Sissoko in front of them with Winks alone in CM and then sat deep and killed the game and probably nicked a goal. I get he's only just into the job and it's not his team but it was a weird team selection especially since he's talked about how poor we are vs the low block as a pundit on Sky.

Woodzy

Reminded me of our football with him in charge today. Going to be a lots of ups and downs for the Spurs fans over the next year or two.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I don’t think we learnt anything at all from tonight’s game and I don’t think we would have learnt anything if Spurs had won. He’s been in charge for 2 weeks and their squad needs a decent overhaul along with some time spent to work on their defence. People are so desperate to stick the knife in after 1 result.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I don’t think we learnt anything at all from tonight’s game and I don’t think we would have learnt anything if Spurs had won. He’s been in charge for 2 weeks and their squad needs a decent overhaul along with some time spent to work on their defence. People are so desperate to stick the knife in after 1 result.
Then play with freedom. Instead he shat the bed, played defensively and hoped individual brilliance would pull him out of the shit. Exactly the same crap he was serving up for us for 3 seasons.

Sorry but it was a typical Jose performance.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In fairness he tweaked his position and made him play closer to Kane
I think the credit that you have to give is that how he was able to motivate Alli again not how he was able to improve Alli. Alli has his best season under Pochettino, Mourinho basically tried to regain that performance back to him by motivating him.

Rashford is what I called improvement. He never done something like what he’s been doing so far under Mourinho, his ability at that time wasn’t equally as good as now.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
After watching you over weekend I thought Spurs would comfortably win this so was surprised by scoreline and then checking stats after 70 minutes and seeing you had 7 shots on target and Spurs just the one.

It wasn't even a Mourinho big game negative team selection either.

Looking like Harry Kane won't be as free scoring as he was under Poch, think that's just two goals for him so far despite Spurs scoring 10 goals in the 4 games.
That's the difference having a competent midfield makes though, Villa had the pleasure of Pereira and Fred but Fred's a different beast with McTominay, it gave us a much better control of the match.

Kane needs to learn how to play in a Mourinho system, he wouldn't be the first player to suffer under Jose. Alli on the other hand looks a new player compared to the one we've seen over the last two seasons.

SteveW

Schooled.

Sad to think some so called United supporters on here are probably disappointed.

Cloud7

Their lack of pressing from the front, was a noticeable change. They let us play out from the back nearly everytime.

Felt like they played a lot of long balls too, even in the periods where they had a lot of the ball, they didn't seem threatening.
That’s textbook Mourinho right there. His teams never press.

Cloud7

I didn’t get to watch the match but reading the threads around the Caf, it seems like a typical Mourinho away from home big game set up. So much for learning from his mistakes :lol:

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Not at all...I hope the cnut is there for a few years so he can totally feck them up. They almost won a CL (well......for 20 seconds). I don't ever want them that close again.

PyroMan

Haha, don't I look like a twat with my previous shout - "He'll shush the Stretford Eng after beating us".

Get fecked, Jose shitball. Can't wait till this tenure (inevitably) ends in tears and ends up ruining Spurs.

SteveW

Not at all...I hope the cnut is there for a few years so he can totally feck them up. They almost won a CL (well......for 20 seconds). I don't ever want them that close again.
He ruined us. Half a million wasted and we ended up worse than when he joined. He won two shit trophies that we shouldn't even be interested in and some weirdos act like he was the second coming.

I expect him to ruin Spurs too. Hopefully we can help start the process by selling Matic to them.

Cloud7

Haha, don't I look like a twat with my previous shout - "He'll shush the Stretford Eng after beating us".

Get fecked, Jose shitball. Can't wait till this tenure (inevitably) ends in tears and ends up ruining Spurs.
The thing with Jose is, we all know how this is going to end. Sure, he may end up having some success along the way, possibly next season, and I wouldn’t put it past him to do better than we do next season, but no matter what, it’s inevitable that it’s going to end up in flames the year after. There’s nothing more predictable in world football than the Mourinho end of regime meltdown.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He showed up at Old Trafford with his usual tactical approach. He looked at United and thought 'how do I stop them from playing the game they want to play' and probably thought to himself, ah yes, I'll have a deep block to stop Rashford from having room to run through and then hit them on the counter.

He then went on to fail for the exact reason he failed with United. He didn't bother to play to his own team's strength - rather focused on stopping the oppositions. Had he set up Spurs to press high and dominate possession in our half we would have been fecked. Ali, Son, Harry, and Erikson are lethal players around the box. They don't need to play on the counter.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The thing with Jose is, we all know how this is going to end. Sure, he may end up having some success along the way, possibly next season, and I wouldn’t put it past him to do better than we do next season, but no matter what, it’s inevitable that it’s going to end up in flames the year after. There’s nothing more predictable in world football than the Mourinho end of regime meltdown.
I was skeptical about the third season syndrome at first but now I believe He always has a big chance of a meltdown after a few years at the same club. His mentality is built around Me vs The World, good for short-term when you're the underdogs.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's a coward. Came to United with a midfield of Harry Winks and Sissoko and played it into our hands. People need to stop pretending that he's a tactical wizard these days. His days were over five years ago. Kane was rendered useless due to his tactics.

Suedesi

He's a coward. Came to United with a midfield of Harry Winks and Sissoko and played it into our hands. People need to stop pretending that he's a tactical wizard these days. His days were over five years ago. Kane was rendered useless due to his tactics.
I forgot Harry Kane even played.