Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red00012

I find it funny posters on here saying Jose is washed up/ finished as a manager after drawing to a team we lost to not so long ago. I don’t get the whole hatred thing with Jose to be honest. We’re not exactly sitting pretty ourselves.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I find it funny posters on here saying Jose is washed up/ finished as a manager after drawing to a team we lost to not so long ago. I don’t get the whole hatred thing with Jose to be honest. We’re not exactly sitting pretty ourselves.
Because its the bullshit narrative pandded around by his fan boys that the issue with his time at united was all Glazers and Ed and not that Mourinho is tactically clueless in the modern game.

The bloke is a pedigree of manager that by all account by those clowns, should be able to win straight away.

mu4c_20le

Do you get the whole hatred thing with Ole then? Not sure what you're trying to say here. Is Jose on the same level as Ole for you?

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Th

You're wrong. All of the previous managers would have been given as long as needed if the football had been decent. No rational United fan expects to win everything but they will support a period of transition if we're at least playing decent football and competing.

Why should he demand unconditional transfer support? And his living arrangements were self-imposed. He should never have taken the job if it created any family living concerns.
It's not an excuse - it's a reason why he might be able to handle the pressure without "cracking" so easily.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wow - congrats! And your manager has only had 13 months and two transfer windows to work with the squad. Impressive!
Well, I didn't ask you to compare goals scored. If you want to compare goals scored vs us, you were doing better under Poch than under Mou when compared to our goal scoring form

Yagami

Good post resistant
It’s really harsh to judge him now based on injuries and the fact it’s not his squad. Thankfully Jose is known for building a squad from scratch and long term planning, nothing can go wrong.
:lol:

bondsname

I don't understand this post.

Jose Mourinho can be washed up whilst we are bad as well. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think Spurs at present are too big a club for him. Mourinho does better with underdogs.

Add to that, his style is completely different to Poch. He conned us and now he has conned Spurs.

I think he will win something but will leave the club in a bad position.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's very predictable in as much as it is just stupid. For the record I think Jose will be a success at Spurs but he has had horrid luck with injuries so far and a continuation of our shite form for many players in the squad who need to leave. He needs time to get the squad in the place he wants - new players needed, old players shipped out and more time on the training field. I wasn't expecting a miraculous turnaround with the squad in the state it is. The fact is we are in a better state now than when Poch left and people are quick to forget just how shite we were for the last year of Poch's reign.
Are you though? You've arguably got a worse manager now, playing worse football (go figure)

While I haven't seen as much of Spurs as you and while yes 2019 under Poch was closer to relegation form than that of a top 4 side I'd still say Poch had a better chance of turning things around that Mourinho because when things are bad under him they only end one way

I get that and you are entitled to your opinion. It's just getting a bit frustrating to see people on here licking their lips at the thought of Jose failing and not taking the reality of our situation into account at all. He will turn it around and we will become a very good team again but it's going to take time.
Mourinho and time are two things that don't go together and while you may find it frustrating the views on Spurs here I'm sure I speak for many in saying likewise, it's like you Spurs lot are refusing to look at the facts. We were naive like you, thinking this time it will be different, our board will handle Jose differently to those before them but at this point Mourinho isn't ever going to change and the fact there's been no new manager bounce under him suggests this is going to be his shortest managerial reign so far

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Are you though? You've arguably got a worse manager now, playing worse football (go figure)

While I haven't seen as much of Spurs as you and while yes 2019 under Poch was closer to relegation form than that of a top 4 side I'd still say Poch had a better chance of turning things around that Mourinho because when things are bad under him they only end one way

Mourinho and time are two things that don't go together and while you may find it frustrating the views on Spurs here I'm sure I speak for many in saying likewise, it's like you Spurs lot are refusing to look at the facts. We were naive like you, thinking this time it will be different, our board will handle Jose differently to those before them but at this point Mourinho isn't ever going to change and the fact there's been no new manager bounce under him suggests this is going to be his shortest managerial reign so far
This 100%. He left us rotten.

I always say Van Gaal should have got another season after he won the FA cup.

Its one of the reasons why i back ole, for the time being, because Mourinho left us in such a mess.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Well, I didn't ask you to compare goals scored. If you want to compare goals scored vs us, you were doing better under Poch than under Mou when compared to our goal scoring form
Small sample-bases give unreliable results. I'd suggest waiting until the season end.

Red00012

I don't understand this post.

Jose Mourinho can be washed up whilst we are bad as well. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
I didn’t say that but certain posters seem to want to Jose to fail as much as they want Utd to do well.

Couldn’t give 2 fecks what He wins / does not win with Spurs

Eddy_JukeZ

He will never win another league title at a top club.

He is finished and has been finished for a while.

Spurs is his level now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This 100%. He left us rotten.

I always say Van Gaal should have got another season after he won the FA cup.

Its one of the reasons why i back ole, for the time being, because Mourinho left us in such a mess.
Not true. The squad left behind was in good shape for the style Mourinho used and making decent season upon season incremental progress.

The problem was that OGS has been allowed to adopt a completely different style, thereby necessitating a wholesale clear out.

The next massive challenge is when OGS is removed and if the board appoint someone who builds upon whatever he was trying to achieve.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
When he starts going on about the trophies he won with other clubs you just know the end is nigh.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Wow - congrats! And your manager has only had 13 months and two transfer windows to work with the squad. Impressive!
This should provide you with a stark vision of the future for you, once Jose leaves.

I haven't been paying attention, has he started alienating your players yet?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This should provide you with a stark vision of the future for you, once Jose leaves.

I haven't been paying attention, has he started alienating your players yet?
Imagine the scenes if he was to turn on Son or Alli. Would love it if went in for Matic or Fellaini.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Just, wait, watch what he does to your club and wait to see the work that will be needed to fix it once he's gone.
Ah, I see … the usual predictions of doom and gloom for Spurs that somehow never come to pass.

United58

3 trophies (including first UEFA) in just over 2 seasons and less than 1.5% off SAF's win rate - if that's "fairly bad" then I don't think you're going to enjoy the next few seasons.
Strange comment - we're clearing out the dross well under Ole, and have a lot of fantastic young players coming through. In fact, we're the youngest squad in the league. It mightn't all be under Ole, but I think the next few years are looking good for us. For the first time since Ferguson, we seem to be building with more than the next 12 months in mind. Greenwood, Rashford, Williams, McTominay and AWB are all exciting players aged 22 and under, then there's players like Laird and Mejbri coming through the academy too.

For the next few seasons, given your ageing squad, Kane's persistent injuries and implosive manager, I'd be a very nervous Spurs fan.

mu4c_20le

Not true. The squad left behind was in good shape for the style Mourinho used and making decent season upon season incremental progress.
He destroyed our wage structure, then fecked off when Woody started tightening the purse and told him he had to sell first in order to buy (same thing was said to Ole). He realized there was no way he could offload his flops in time like Bailly and Alexis so he chose the easy way out. I would even say that he was partly to blame for us losing Herrera. Maybe his demands would've been more reasonable if we weren't paying Alexis almost half a million a week to do feck all.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Umm, have they not already? :lol:
No. The last time I looked Spurs are still in the FA Cup, have the knockout stages of the CL to come and might still yet finish in the top 4.

And in the meantime our income is booming, making us now the 8th wealthiest club in the world.

If this is "doom and gloom" then words lose all meaning.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Mate, you've won nothing for donkey's years. know your place. Its not doom and gloom, its reality because you're run by a fecking tight arse who wont invest when he really should.
Yep - the £1 billion pound new stadium complex and training centre is the hallmark of a cheapskate. He should at least have thrown in a private jet for each player whilst he was at it.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No. The last time I looked Spurs are still in the FA Cup, have the knockout stages of the CL to come and might still yet finish in the top 4.

And in the meantime our income is booming, making us now the 8th wealthiest club in the world.

If this is "doom and gloom" then words lose all meaning.
8 points off top four, striker out until April, have no chance in the champions league, hero manager sacked, manager you hate appointed.
It can’t be too far away from doom and gloom mate, other than the new ground there’s not a massive amount to be excited about for you unless this transfer window is a big success.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Yep - the £1 billion pound new stadium complex and training centre is the hallmark of a cheapskate. He should at least have thrown in a private jet for each player whilst he was at it.
Lovely.

Should ask your friends at Le Arse what their big flash stadium has netted them in the last 15 years.... actually you probably shouldn't because even through mediocirty and you having your best team in living memory, they still won more than you!!!

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
8 points off top four, striker out until April, have no chance in the champions league, hero manager sacked, manager you hate appointed.
It can’t be too far away from doom and gloom mate, other than the new ground there’s not a massive amount to be excited about for you unless this transfer window is a big success.
I've heard it all before.

Last season it was "no chance" for Spurs in the CL … but still we reached the final. And many times before that it was "no chance" of Spurs being an established top 4 club, but the doomsters were again proved wrong.

PS. I don't hate Mourinho ... so don't project your personal feelings onto me.