Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I didn't see anything about actually WINNING something in your response.
No? Well, then let me ease your fevered ignorance with an example.

This "nothing club" with a history of "mediocrity", were the first British club to ever win a European trophy.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He wasn't at Spurs when he committed tax fraud. Nor was he at Spurs when he was convicted of tax fraud. He then paid the legal penalty for it.

As for Spurs later hiring him, do you think that anyone with a conviction should be made permanently unemployable? If so, it's an extreme position to adopt.
I don't know, I wasn't the one who said he should be sacked when he was at ManUtd but did all the dirty work at Madrid. When he was at Manutd the settlement was he will pay off the dues but that didn't stop you from taking cheap shots.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I find it funny posters on here saying Jose is washed up/ finished as a manager after drawing to a team we lost to not so long ago. I don’t get the whole hatred thing with Jose to be honest. We’re not exactly sitting pretty ourselves.
You just met Jose, didn't you? It's a long history with him and at Spurs he hasn't even had the good start he tends to have. I know he came in mid-season but it's not looking great.

AR87

He wasn't at Spurs when he committed tax fraud. Nor was he at Spurs when he was convicted of tax fraud. He then paid the legal penalty for it.

As for Spurs later hiring him, do you think that anyone with a conviction should be made permanently unemployable? If so, it's an extreme position to adopt.
Where was Spurs' social responsibility when Lloris was charged with drink drive and he featured that weekend? Stop acting as if any football club in the world takes social responsibility seriously.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Yeah but when you were spouting stuff like below (just to remind you again) when he was at United but now that's all forgotten just because he's at Spurs now that kinda does make you a flip flop though doesn't it?

You're embarrassing yourself mate.
Not at all. I've already said that Pochettino should not have been sacked (unless he wanted to leave). And now that Mourinho is at Spurs, I of course want him to do well.

As I've also already said, you have to be some kind of numpty to imagine that I - or any Spurs fan - doesn't want Mourinho to do well at Spurs. Characterising this as a "flip-flop" makes no sense.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

He wasn't at United when he committed it either, yet you questioned United's social responsibility.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Where was Spurs' social responsibility when Lloris was charged with drink drive and he featured that weekend? Stop acting as if any football club in the world takes social responsibility seriously.
According to reports he was fined £300,000 by Spurs - which is six times the amount that the court fined him.

Do you think he should have been sacked?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
He wasn't at United when he committed it either, yet you questioned United's social responsibility.
He was at United when he was convicted. Until that point he was presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Did United even say anything about his conviction?

JPRouve

Scout
He was at United when he was convicted. Until that point he was presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Did United even say anything about his conviction?
Then United and Tottenham are in the same bag with the small difference that you knew about it beforehand. Should we question your club morality?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Then United and Tottenham are in the same bag with the small difference that you knew about it beforehand. Should we question your club morality?
Not in the same bag - because Mourinho was at United (not Spurs) when convicted.

If he'd been convicted whilst at Spurs I would at the very least have expected a club statement about it.

MalcolmTucker

You've changed your tune. First you claimed I hate Mourinho. Now it's merely become "dislike" - do make your mind up.

In fact your confusion extends further, since you seem unable to distinguish between banter, hate and dislike.
:lol: that is poor

AR87

According to reports he was fined £300,000 by Spurs - which is six times the amount that the court fined him.

Do you think he should have been sacked?
If Spurs are some beacon of social morality in football he certainly should have been suspended for a period of time instead of playing at the weekend and never missing a minute. But if you want to delude yourself of Spurs' morality go for it. You've always been an expert on deluding yourself when it comes to Spurs and literally anything they do.

JPRouve

Scout
Not in the same bag - because Mourinho was at United (not Spurs) when convicted.

If he'd been convicted whilst at Spurs I would at the very least have expected a club statement about it.
A club statement about a legal matter that didn't occur when he was an employee of the club? Yeah sure, you would expect a statement.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Not at all. I've already said that Pochettino should not have been sacked (unless he wanted to leave). And now that Mourinho is at Spurs, I of course want him to do well.

As I've also already said, you have to be some kind of numpty to imagine that I - or any Spurs fan - doesn't want Mourinho to do well at Spurs. Characterising this as a "flip-flop" makes no sense.

You said that:

a. the odds on United getting back to the top have not dramatically changed since the Mourinho circus came to town. So why is it going to be any different at Spurs? Do you similarly expect a Mourinho circus to rock up at Spurs?

b. he'll most likely squander 100s of millions, bin half the squad and alienate the youngsters. So why the change of heart at Spurs? Won't he just do the same?

c. there'll be turmoil, bitchy comments and everything being about him? Why is he suddenly going to be any different at Spurs?

d. he doesn't fit at Spurs? So how come all of a sudden he does now?

You'd have to be a major numpty to say that slagging a manager off to that extent then backtracking just because he joins your club is not being a flip-flop.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
A club statement about a legal matter that didn't occur when he was an employee of the club? Yeah sure, you would expect a statement.
The conviction did occur whilst he was an employee of the club. So yes, I would have expected the club to do something other than remain silent.

JPRouve

Scout
The conviction did occur whilst he was an employee of the club. So yes, I would have expected the club to do something other than remain silent.
That's irrelevant to the club because it doesn't concern actions committed while he was an employee. There is nothing that the club should say or do it doesn't concern them or Mourinho's current job.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You said that:

a. the odds on United getting back to the top have not dramatically changed since the Mourinho circus came to town. So why is it going to be any different at Spurs? Do you similarly expect a Mourinho circus to rock up at Spurs?

b. he'll most likely squander 100s of millions, bin half the squad and alienate the youngsters. So why the change of heart at Spurs? Won't he just do the same?

c. there'll be turmoil, bitchy comments and everything being about him? Why is he suddenly going to be any different at Spurs?

d. he doesn't fit at Spurs? So how come all of a sudden he does now?

You'd have to be a major numpty to say that slagging a manager off to that extent then backtracking just because he joins your club is not being a flip-flop.
The "back-tracking" is all in your invention. I've simply said that (a) of course I want Mourinho to do well at Spurs; and (b) the situation at Spurs has stabilised a little bit since he arrived compared to the season up until Pochettino was sacked.

I've not predicted that Mourinho is going to be a success at Spurs: I wait to see if a different club, in different circumstances, with a different club chair and different players will lead to different results. This is entirely reasonable and nothing to do with your fictional "flip-flopping".

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
That's irrelevant to the club because it doesn't concern actions committed while he was an employee. There is nothing that the club should say or do it doesn't concern them or Mourinho's current job.
So if player X is convicted of GBH that happened just before he joined the club - and given a suspended prison sentence - you don't expect his current club, the one he is at when convicted, to react in any way, nor even say anything?

I see.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
You said that:
Steady on, it's Spurs, 10's of millions.

Sad Chris

Well so far the only player he has signed is Gedson Fernandes and first impressions are good. That is all I can judge him on right now.
You can‘t blame us for not understanding anything about giving people the benefit of the doubt and a fair amount of time before judging. We are the Caf. We deserve instant success without working for it. we are entitled to it. Because we had it once upon a time.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The tax-evasion scandal happened to almost all players and managers represented by Mendes. There are few players / managers who manage their finances by themselves, they usually let their agent take care of the numbers and calculations. Off course that does not releases them from their personal responsibilities and duties.

Siorac

So if player X is convicted of GBH that happened just before he joined the club - and given a suspended prison sentence - you don't expect his current club, the one he is at when convicted, to react in any way, nor even say anything?

I see.
I tend to view grievous bodily harm differently from tax evasion but your mileage may vary.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

I see.
:lol: and then the other club hires the player X who was convicted of GBH as if nothing happened.

Maybe we should bring in ex Sunderland player for more dramatic effect.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Apparently already in a bust up with Rose on the training ground. And so it begins.

How is Rose still at Spurs? Didnt he want a move years ago after coming out in the press about how he was unhappy with the club?

Suedesi

I thought Tottenham made a blistering start under Mourinho and a few matches ago if they defeated Chelsea at the CheeseBowl, they would displaced them in fourth place.

Now, they sit 8 points adrift, best player out for a while, Eriksen about to be sold for peanuts to Inter Milan, Mou picking up fights with his squad.... guess that new manager bounce is fully over.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Apparently already in a bust up with Rose on the training ground. And so it begins.

How is Rose still at Spurs? Didnt he want a move years ago after coming out in the press about how he was unhappy with the club?
Tbf, Rose is being a bit of unprofessional. Herrera and Brahimi left Porto on a contract end despite wanting to leave a couple of seasons ago, but they performed well almost every week until they left.

Wilt

He’s been useless for a couple of years now and wants to run his contract down for a big signing on fee. Only problem is... nobody wants him.

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
He’s been useless for a couple of years now and wants to run his contract down for a big signing on fee. Only problem is... nobody wants him.
Agreed. What about Rose though?