Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That form. Usain Bolt wouldve been proud of that sprint.

I miss him at United, sacked because he was too ballsy towards the top dogs and underachieving players. Even when he was trying to get sacked he got better results than the fraud smiler.

Hambley

That strong agenda against Mourinho is so pathetic. Really, I read this forum in 2017 and there were same cliches like "He's a dinosaur coach", "puts always defensively ", "toxic" and blah blah blah. I don't know another manager who gets so much hate. Sometimes I wish to block a half of users because I'm so sick of endlessly repeating stamps about him.

You may not like his style and vision of football, but you can't assume he and his tactics are negative just because you like possesion style and all that stuff. There are different styles in football which makes it so attractive. Football would be as borring as shit if all teams played alike. And, moreover, nobody should play as you like. It has always been about different visions and tactics from italian catenaccio to dutch total possession.

The myth about him destroying all the clubs he manages is annoying too. Jose hasn't managed us over the year and we saw ourselves even at worse position. None of our problems were fixed and the team was weakened even more after his dismissal. Surely, he made his mistakes as any other manager, although he brought much more positive to the club.

Call me Jose fan boy or whatever you like. I don't care. Someone had to say this. It's really getting annoying to read posts and tweets full of stupid myths and mantras about him which ignore his achievements and reality overall.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Have you never witnessed how toxic he is when things arent going his way?
That strong agenda against Mourinho is so pathetic. Really, I read this forum in 2017 and there were same cliches like "He's a dinosaur coach", "puts always defensively ", "toxic" and blah blah blah. I don't know another manager who gets so much hate. Sometimes I wish to block a half of users because I'm so sick of endlessly repeating stamps about him.

You may not like his style and vision of football, but you can't assume he and his tactics are negative just because you like possesion style and all that stuff. There are different styles in football which makes it so attractive. Football would be as borring as shit if all teams played alike. And, moreover, nobody should play as you like. It has always been about different visions and tactics from italian catenaccio to dutch total possession.

The myth about him destroying all the clubs he manages is annoying too. Jose hasn't managed us over the year and we saw ourselves even at worse position. None of our problems were fixed and the team was weakened even more after his dismissal. Surely, he made his mistakes as any other manager, although he brought much more positive to the club.

Call me Jose fan boy or whatever you like. I don't care. Someone had to say this. It's really getting annoying to read posts and tweets full of stupid myths and mantras about him which ignore his achievements and reality overall.
Have you never witnessed how toxic he is when things arent going his way? Did you see his Sevilla presser where shat all over our club? Did you see him going borderline psycotic when he had chelsea near relegation?

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Why Mourinho was not sacked straight after the Sevilla disaster is beyond me. That was his lowest moment as United manager..

Siorac

Why Mourinho was not sacked straight after the Sevilla disaster is beyond me. That was his lowest moment as United manager..
I mean, yeah, he should have been out on his arse that night but unfortunately, that wasn't his lowest moment - he sank to unprecedented depths next season.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why would we? We were still having a fairly decent season and it was kinda nice to be (somewhat) involved in a title race. He kept us relevant that season - we've been beyond horse shit in almost every other season.

432JuanMata

Why would we? We were still having a fairly decent season and it was kinda nice to be (somewhat) involved in a title race. He kept us relevant that season - we've been beyond horse shit in almost every other season.
Kind of agree. All the people saying he should of been sacked after that surely want Ole sacked as we are wayyy worse now than under Mourinho even when he was trying to be sacked

acnumber9

I long for the days when losing to Sevilla was a disaster.

Hambley

Have you never witnessed how toxic he is when things arent going his way? Did you see his Sevilla presser where shat all over our club? Did you see him going borderline psycotic when he had chelsea near relegation?
He was "toxic" both in Chelsea and here by the end because he wasn't properly backed after all he did for clubs. Actually, he was betrayed here and there by the board. In our case he won 2 trophies, managed to take us to CL twice in a row which didn't happened since Fergie times and raised the expectations (compare shaming him for defeat from Sevilla (which was beaten then by Bayern only 4-5 down) on 1/8 stage and tolerating Ole's perfomances and out of the CL zone while opponents nearly give us it as a gift). His 2nd season he took the 2nd place with so much deadwood and lead us to the F.A. Cup final being overcritisized from everywhere just because City had an outstanding record season. Which shadowed great work he did. Many tried to make it look like he absolutely failed his 2nd season, though he didn't. He got nearly as much points as it was needed some previous seasons to become a champion. "He wasn't good enough" as they compared him to Pep's City who got 100 (!) points that season. Now they tell Ole's good because Liverpool has this run. Such a hypocrisy.

Instead, Mourinho wasn't let to buy all players he wanted and sell all he wanted. No secret he didn't want to use Martial, but that transfer was blocked and he had no choice but play with him again. I think Jose should have been given a full carte blanche after his 2nd season. The board also should have backed him, not Pogba and co during that conflict. It was a bad idea to give players a power to change manager whenever they want.

As for that Sevilla speech if it's about how many times we were knocked out of the CL since 2011 he just told obvious things. Our perfomances there started to decline since 2011 and that was mainly Glazers to blame for their mismanagement and economy mode which started even in 2008-2009. Isn't that an obvious thing that he confrontated with the board, not with the fans and the club?

Gehrman

He was "toxic" both in Chelsea and here by the end because he wasn't properly backed after all he did for clubs. Actually, he was betrayed here and there by the board. In our case he won 2 trophies, managed to take us to CL twice in a row which didn't happened since Fergie times and raised the expectations (compare shaming him for defeat from Sevilla (which was beaten then by Bayern only 4-5 down) on 1/8 stage and tolerating Ole's perfomances and out of the CL zone while opponents nearly give us it as a gift). His 2nd season he took the 2nd place with so much deadwood and lead us to the F.A. Cup final being overcritisized from everywhere just because City had an outstanding record season. Which shadowed great work he did. Many tried to make it look like he absolutely failed his 2nd season, though he didn't. He got nearly as much points as it was needed some previous seasons to become a champion. "He wasn't good enough" as they compared him to Pep's City who got 100 (!) points that season. Now they tell Ole's good because Liverpool has this run. Such a hypocrisy.

Instead, Mourinho wasn't let to buy all players he wanted and sell all he wanted. No secret he didn't want to use Martial, but that transfer was blocked and he had no choice but play with him again. I think Jose should have been given a full carte blanche after his 2nd season. The board also should have backed him, not Pogba and co during that conflict. It was a bad idea to give players a power to change manager whenever they want.

As for that Sevilla speech if it's about how many times we were knocked out of the CL since 2011 he just told obvious things. Our perfomances there started to decline since 2011 and that was mainly Glazers to blame for their mismanagement and economy mode which started even in 2008-2009. Isn't that an obvious thing that he confrontated with the board, not with the fans and the club?
You dont think having the defending champions close to relegation really bad? Conte took over and won the league again next season. How many of Jose's signings at united have lived up to their pricetag and expectations? Jose spent big both at Chelsea and united. Hes actually the manager who has spent the most in the history of football. The only managers who get unconditional backing are the ones working for clubs owned by arab princes or oil lords.

Try and rewatch jose's Sevilla presser. He is the most narsacistic and self-centered man in football. He even mentions players like matic and lukkaku as part of his heritage at united.

Gehrman

Poor José, not backed.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/top-10-highest-spending-managers-18938607

Gehrman

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34670192

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
All of our managers have been backed. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the criticism Ed receives is way over the top. Even now, Ole has pretty much had everything he wants yet fans want it both ways. They want to criticise Ed for all our transfer failings yet absolve Ole of this whilst blaming our previous managers for the exact same problems.

That said, I'd take Joses season over most of the seasons gone by since SAF retired.

AshRK

All of our managers have been backed. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the criticism Ed receives is way over the top. Even now, Ole has pretty much had everything he wants yet fans want it both ways. They want to criticise Ed for all our transfer failings yet absolve Ole of this whilst blaming our previous managers for the exact same problems.

That said, I'd take Joses season over most of the seasons gone by since SAF retired.
It's not way over the top by any means. The guy deserves all the criticism for making wrong decisions after decisions. Ole has been the most criticised manager since sir alex retired, I don't know where you get that he is getting absolved of any criticisms. It is Woodward who has appointed managers without any plan, it is Woodward who has dithered in sacking managers, it is Woodward whose negotiation skills are amateurish. I don't want to make this a Woodward bashing thread but anyone saying Woodward gets too much criticism is just acting ignorant. In fact he is lucky Manchester United match going fans have too much patience to have witnessed his stupidity and his smug look for 7 years.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
As someone who likes him and doesn't think he's a has been, their football has been woeful and his negativity has been at another level altogether.

As a club they really do need to either sell to people who want to take them forward or start investing themselves.

USREDEVIL

So where the feck are all his fans who had a crack at United when we sacked him? Or think that he could still do a job?

He's cooked, finished, done. Dinasour of the modern game with a fecked mentality.
He's lost it. The Spurs forum is not defending him either. It'll be a mini-miracle if he sees his contract out.

Greck

Very un-Spurs like decision but they clamoured for Jose and have to lie in their bed of thorns. Our messy 3 year experience with him just happened publicly before everyone's eyes and these guys still fell for it. I guess they really did believe his conduct here wasn't his fault.

Bobski

Scratched out a title at Chelsea during an awful period for the PL with all the competition in transition but he has never been the same since Madrid. His attitude is disgusting.

Feck him, no Utd fan should have defended him after Sevilla.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's not the same man ever since Real Madrid sacked him. He also had to manage them at the period where his nemesis started to conquer the footballing world, Peppo Guard the third. It must have done something to his personality. He's more grumpy, more insecure and more antagonistic. He should have returned to his Inter.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Hmm where have I seen that before?

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Feel bad for Spurs fan. I love a manager with a progressive footballing philosophy. They sold one with one of the most progressive in football for a manager with an outdated reactive one. I would hate that, but I guess their fans would rather win ugly than play beautiful football.

That is also why I am not the biggest fan of Ole or Mourinho despite the positive result they bring. I want to watch football and enjoy the performance we put on the pitch and not ride our luck. Anyway, I m not going to write of Mourinho yet, because this type of philosophy can produce positive result and I won’t be surprised if next season, Mourinho wins a trophy with it.

Would have enjoyed if squishy mcsquishy was still here. Everything he wanted happened and it is failing miserably:lol:. I would have loved seeing him try to move the goalpost :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Feel bad for Spurs fan. I love a manager with a progressive footballing philosophy. They sold one with one of the most progressive in football for a manager with an outdated reactive one. I would hate that, but I guess their fans would rather win ugly than play beautiful football.

That is also why I am not the biggest fan of Ole or Mourinho despite the positive result they bring. I want to watch football and enjoy the performance we put on the pitch and not ride our luck. Anyway, I m not going to write of Mourinho yet, because this type of philosophy can produce positive result and I won’t be surprised if next season, Mourinho wins a trophy with it.

Would have enjoyed if squishy mcsquishy was still here. Everything he wanted happened and it is failing miserably:lol:. I would have loved seeing him try to move the goalpost :lol:
SquishyMcsquish was recently unbanned I think, but perhaps chose not to return on principle :lol:

Ludens the Red

Even if there’s merit to it, coming from him strikes me as just trying to stick the boot in and go with the grain. How would he know what Spurs were like under a Poch team when he was with mid table Championship Norwich? Has he even faced Spurs under Poch? Mug.
I think Poch did a very good at Spurs but they had completely lost their way and identity in his last year there. The football was rubbish, they pressed less and the results were mid table.
People just love trying to stick it into Mourinho.
His biggest problems now I don’t even think is what’s going on on the pitch. It’s his whole persona and mentality, it’s just all completely wrong. Defeatist, negative, excuses. I know he’s always had it in him but it’s so bad right now. It’s just very toxic atm and Spurs don’t have many players who stir the pot or bring on that negativity whereas at United there were plenty so it’s all on him right now.

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

In his defense wanting one thing doesn't automatically mean you want another.

He could have wanted Pochettino out but still not wanted Jose in.

Pagh Wraith

Kind of sad to see him these days. I was a big fan of his during his Porto/Chelsea/Inter days.

Even the ones who hated him secretely loved him. Now he's just constantly miserable and his wit has disappeared somewhere under his ever-thinning skin.

cyberman

Poch left them in this mess? He didnt leave 18 months ago, he left them as a broken club.
Without a summer window his successer was always going to struggle but at least Poch had Kane and Son to (unsuccessfully) mask his deficiencies.
Now Jose has a paper thin squad full of playwrs who checked out prior to his arrival who has to depend on a mediocre defence since his attack has been obliterated by injuries.
We cant write Jose off yet since he hasnt had a chance

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Right5 there is a Mourinho's biggest problem. His team are reactive. They wait till you are in the final third before any collective defensive action because he's shit scared of getting exposed.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Scratched out a title at Chelsea during an awful period for the PL with all the competition in transition but he has never been the same since Madrid. His attitude is disgusting.

Feck him, no Utd fan should have defended him after Sevilla.
You conveniently failed to acknowledge the fact that Jose, whatever your personal views, was and still is our most successful manager since Sir Alex.

Did we finish 2nd in his second season - yes.
Did we finish above Liverpool - yes.
Did we win the Europa League - yes.

At least be honest enough to recognise that.