Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InfiniteBoredom

No self-respecting Utd fan should even attempt to defend his tenure here after that Sevilla match. The man now is all about self-preservation and he’ll shift the blame and shit on anything within reach to protect his image/legacy.

I think he copped an unfair amount of criticisms about team building (Chelsea and Madrid did fine for years with the team he left behind, Inter could’ve easily avoided their troubles had they not been a dick about Sneijder and Maicon transfer in 2010), but the job he did at Utd was truly diabolical. The better part of a billion pounds on wages and transfer fees and all we have to show for it is 6th, 2nd, 7th and Europa League+ League Cup. At least with LvG even if he bored us to tears by the end we recouped most of his bigger transfers (AdM, Schneiderlin, Depay), got Martial and he unearthed Rashford.

pacifictheme

and the majority wanted him gone that season anyway, that's how absolutely miserable that amazing season was. It was an achievement, but this is entertainment, watching that football and listening to that bloke moan and look like he'd rather be literally anywhere else is not an experience I ever want to see happen at the club again. I don't know why some try and play this devils advocate role when it comes to Jose, but he's not the bloke I used to love, no idea what some of you see in modern Mourinho, all the good qualities are mostly long gone.
True. But our best season post fergie was under him so I am not prepared to constantly moan about him like some. I enjoyed his first season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
No self-respecting Utd fan should even attempt to defend his tenure here after that Sevilla match. The man now is all about self-preservation and he’ll shift the blame and shit on anything within reach to protect his image/legacy.

I think he copped an unfair amount of criticisms about team building (Chelsea and Madrid did fine for years with the team he left behind, Inter could’ve easily avoided their troubles had they not been a dick about Sneijder and Maicon transfer in 2010), but the job he did at Utd was truly diabolical. The better part of a billion pounds on wages and transfer fees and all we have to show for it is 6th, 2nd, 7th and Europa League+ League Cup. At least with LvG even if he bored us to tears by the end we recouped most of his bigger transfers (AdM, Schneiderlin, Depay), got Martial and he unearthed Rashford.
Agreed. Big mistake hiring him IMO.

Ole is trying to fix the ship so to speak.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

This

Djemba-Djemba

His comments after that pathetic Sevilla game were an absolute disgrace.

Really should have been sacked there and then looking back.

Josh 76

Fourth, at best. Atkinson definitely did better.
Ron Atkinson
2 FA cups.
League Cup runners up.

Jose
1 league cup
1 Europa league
PL league runners up
FA cup runners up

Also Atkinson left Utd in a worse position than when Mourhino left Utd.

Just stating facts

Skills

Snitch
Ron Atkinson
2 FA cups.
League Cup runners up.

Jose
1 league cup
1 Europa league
PL league runners up
FA cup runners up

Just stating facts
No he didn't. Fergie finished 2nd with the same team the year after.

SAFMUTD

Terrible man management once again, I cant see this going any other way than whats been in his last jobs, its a ticking bomb he’s just toxic.

EwanI Ted

Ron Atkinson
2 FA cups.
League Cup runners up.

Jose
1 league cup
1 Europa league
PL league runners up
FA cup runners up
My point exactly. They both won two trophies but the FA Cup back then was a way bigger deal than the league cup & Europa are now, there's no comparison. Ron also did better overall in the league, finished 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th and 4th. Also, his team played some great football. No contest imo.

Strelok

Can't agree more. I still recall how angry I was after reading the news.

the chameleon

Same mourinho cultists defending this lame excuse of a manager. The bloke set us back 4 years. I cannot ever forgive him for the mess he created, for his short term gains.

DevilRed

Same mourinho cultists defending this lame excuse of a manager. The bloke set us back 4 years. I cannot ever forgive him for the mess he created, for his short term gains.
People give shit to Ed, but imagine if he had caved to the transfer demands. Selling Martial, Shaw, Pogba and buying Perisic, Boateng and Alderweirald.

The state of our team would be catastrophic.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Ron Atkinson
2 FA cups.
League Cup runners up.

Jose
1 league cup
1 Europa league
PL league runners up
FA cup runners up

Just stating facts
They don't hand out trophies for finishing second.

the chameleon

People give shit to Ed, but imagine if he had caved to the transfer demands. Selling Martial, Shaw, Pogba and buying Perisic, Boateng and Alderweirald.

The state of our team would be catastrophic.
The bloke would have put us on the verge of bankruptcy to win one title. I still think Ed is responsible for bringing him in, as is levy for hiring him for Spurs.

If he got his way we would be at least 10 years behind liverpool and city.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Whether or not he can turn this corner at Spurs, he's navigated the press in recent weeks absolutely woefully. I have always enjoyed him and I like rooting for someone who has now become an underdog, but I'm amazed he doesn't realise he's undermining the team and increasing the pressure on himself.

Web of Bissaka

He lost his mojo he once had in his earlier days as manager. Unfortunate, he's a character in football, game is more fun with him but now he's getting more toxic.

:D Retire from management and into punditry please, less pressure and stress for him there

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
So the ones who were defiant and were cocksure Mourinho would be snapped up by huge clubs (didn’t happen) and go on to show that it wasn’t his fault with riproaring success elsewhere (didn’t happen)...

happy now that United didn’t listen to your golden advice and let this has been dinosaur continue to manage our club?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I would love to see Harry Kane’s heat map from this game, seemed like he spent most of the game at least 40 yards away from the position he should be playing. Cannot see how he can be enjoying playing under Mourinho.
He clearly is going to take time to get match fit. He is probably the perfect Mourinho striker though.

Kag

This Spurs side is most negative I’ve seen in years. I’m including Redknapp’s reign in that, too.

Kane was a third centre half for most of the second half.

Dan_F

I can’t believe he is moaning about his bench and naming Mata, Lingard and Ighalo as high quality players compared to his.

Sure our bench was stronger, but what does he think it’s going to achieve by shitting on his squad.

phonics_tid

Your Mother Was a Hamster and Your Father Smelt of
He clearly is going to take time to get match fit. He is probably the perfect Mourinho striker though.
My comment wasn’t on his fitness, it was the position that he was playing. He spent most of the game almost in midfield or in a defensive position. I’m sure he’s not like that in most games you’ll play but surely he wants to be up top actually testing the defence and goalkeeper.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
I would love to see Harry Kane’s heat map from this game, seemed like he spent most of the game at least 40 yards away from the position he should be playing. Cannot see how he can be enjoying playing under Mourinho.
Bit of a stretch.

I assume he hasn't enjoyed playing football for 2 seasons now then, because that's what he does. People criticised him for doing the same thing during the last world cup.

I think he just prefers to be involved rather than kicking turf.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I can’t believe he is moaning about his bench and naming Mata, Lingard and Ighalo as high quality players compared to his.

Sure our bench was stronger, but what does he think it’s going to achieve by shitting on his squad.
Yep but we’ve seen it ourselves, he just craps on his own doorstep time and time again.

Gone in 12 months.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
My comment wasn’t on his fitness, it was the position that he was playing. He spent most of the game almost in midfield or in a defensive position. I’m sure he’s not like that in most games you’ll play but surely he wants to be up top actually testing the defence and goalkeeper.
Harry always comes deep to try and get involved in a game if he isn't having much of the ball up top.

passing-wind

Mourinho will stagnate the attacking pedigree that this spurs team has. On paper it's a Mourinho team: decent pace on the wings, old guard defenders and quality / diverse age range all over the field but I think the players need a coach with a more ambiguous approach. Levy is never going to spend obscene amount of funds unless they weaken themselves with a sale so I don't see how Jose will progress at the club. They should look at someone like Naglesmann or maybe Ten Hag.

izec

It doesn't matter who the players are, he will always shit on his squad. He also loved some players from the Sevilla squad, who would sit on our bench at best. That is Jose classic. Talk your own squad down, the other squad up and make yourself look bigger. He doesn't care anymore, only about his reputation and himself.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

He was moaning about not having attackers on the bench to change things - on this he was 100% correct because we lost Lucas through injury and Dele to suspension so we had midfielders and defenders on the bench but not a single attacker. He is not shitting on the squad, just stating facts.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Harry always comes deep to try and get involved in a game if he isn't having much of the ball up top.
When you (or England for me) are in possession, yeah, but out of possession I can't remember him being so deep for Spurs or England in the defensive phase. He usually stays up top as an outlet.

Handré1990

He was moaning about not having attackers on the bench to change things - on this he was 100% correct because we lost Lucas through injury and Dele to suspension so we had midfielders and defenders on the bench but not a single attacker. He is not shitting on the squad, just stating facts.
A lot of posters on here have been where you are now :lol: Talk again in about one year. He literally said he had «no legs» to try to keep up the press, our counter attack, an outright lie. He could have put Sessegnon on or Ndombele. Switched it up somehow.

Sorry to say, but this is your life now: defend like hell, try to nick a goal, and defend like hell again. When you fail, it’s never his fault.

Edit: Oh, and the oppos always have a better bench.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Imo, gave us too much respect. Was surprised to see the account of territory we had.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
The tragic thing is, he can't even use his most lethal attackers correctly as he did in his prime when parking the bus. Son and Kane were barely a threat and that's not good news when you go with the tactics he so desperately clings onto, a complete dinosaur now.

Djemba-Djemba

We thought the same about you guys and Madrid fans about us.

His fall from grace is actually mental, the charismatic genius Jose of the 00's would terrorize this grumpy declined version (on and off the pitch) and have a great deal of fun doing so.
Spurs fans will be thinking the same about West ham fans in a couple of years too.

Tis the circle of life.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just don't see what he can do in next two years given his style. Spurs are going to have to sell key players soon enough to make up what they've lost from last few months and someone like Kane might decide to leave anyway and it's not like they're massive spenders in normal times.

Guess he might win them a cup if he stays for that timeframe but can't see them doing anything serious in the league, think they'll be back to 6th-8th range which they've been for most of this season. Probably a meltdown middle of next season once things are back to normal and then he'll probably go into international management given he's not far off 60.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs fans will be thinking the same about West ham fans in a couple of years too.

Tis the circle of life.
Would Jose's pride allow that? I genuinely think his career as a manager is over after this unless Arteta bombs and Arsenal panic.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was Troy Parrott listed as a sub? Mind you I watched the Norwich cup game and he didn't look ready for senior football, could barely hold onto the ball. Probably should've been loaned out in January but seems the rules didn't allow it.