Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spiriticon

I love these fan videos.

Funny enough I remember saying those exact same things 2 years ago

'I'm becoming detached from the team. We do nothing...absolutely nothing. Not even a slight hint of "uhhh maybe we can score" '

Robbie Boy

His tenure at Spurs is going to go the same route as his time with us minus the few bright spots such as two cups and a cup final.

Watching them tonight just brought back memories of the shit he used to serve up every week and yet some on here vehemently defended him. You can clearly see that Spurs don't look a happy club at the moment and Kane is suffering badly from his negative shithouse tactics.

Based Adnan

£15M a year to have 11 men behind the ball and 0 shots on target vs a relegation worthy Bournemouth :lol:

The man is finished and only in it for the severance packages at this point. Will be managing international teams within 3 years.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Please feck ‘em up good and proper before you get sacked, Jose. :lol:

Eli Zee

It's their own bloody fault. Appointing JM was bound to be a complete disaster. The bloke is more out of date than my wardrobe.
I don’t understand why any club would appoint him... do they not see his recent history?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I love him. I love that his style of football winds Spurs fans lot up so much. Its tremendous.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I didn't think he would get another job after United. How in the feck did he convince Levy to fire Poch and hire him? But hey, at least they have a nice stadium... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Womp

idiot
It has to be said, he's hilarious when viewing from the outside. He's a great character to have around the league.

Manny

Grammar Police
Thank God for Spurs... We now have a club who's appointment of Jose and tenure will be even more embarrassing than ours.

Imagine being able to see Jose close up at United and thinking, "yeah, he'll do"

SAFMUTD

Can see him getting the boot next december/january. For sure Spurs wont please him in the transfer window and thats when his magic will start.

Amarsdd

Jose walks out of press conference, pretending he couldn't hear the jornos :lol: Could be legit but still funny.
the journos talking after Jose walks out is feckin hilarious! There were cracking jokes with each other, talking about football manager and "Is there anybody theeeereeeeeeeee?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We need quotes from the Spurs forums
A selection:

Mourinho like us fans has never played the game at a top level so he is treating football more as an organisational thing. Mourinho has always relied on top quality creative players to do all his creative attacking.

I cannot believe the last two games I watched I almost fell asleep in both. We were incredibly lucky against Bournemouth. They deserved to win the game. I am done with his tenure Mourinho out.
If you got Neil warnock... Or feck it even Harry, we would be better.
Dont post in here much anymore but just popping in to say I already want Mourinho gone as soon as possible.
We've had 5 shots on target in the last 3 matches. Blame it all on ENIC if you like, but there's just no way in the world we don't have a squad capable of doing better than that. Against Sheffield United, Everton, and a Bournemouth team that have shipped goals for fun this year and lost 17 of 22 before us. Our manager gets paid £15m and can't get any more than that out of the team. It's unforgivable.
Tbf I went to the home game vs Newcastle and we were pub league bad. We were shit under Poch this year and last. Not sure what the answer is but I think we will be a upper mid table europa team for a long while again now. It was fun whilst it lasted.
Dare I say, we may be playing boring football, but at some point we gotta blame the fact that this team has run it’s course. Blame the tactics, blame the ref, blame the manager, but no one wanted this game. Regardless of supply to Harry, only so much can be blamed on Mourinho.
The stick this guy gets is unreal. We're lucky to have him as our manager. We've heard who the other candidates were. You'd rather have Eddie Howe or Carlo Ancelotti in? l m a o nice try. We don't live in a fantasy world where we can pick and choose any manager! Would Nagelsmann be a better choice? Yeah probably. But he wasn't an option.
Seem to be divided into camps of 1) Jose out 2) Levy out 3) Team needs rebuilding (and a mixture of the three).

mu4c_20le

Many of them are still optimistic because he took over during the season and hasn't had much time with the players. C'mon Levy, back your manager with a blank chequebook regardless of where you finish, the guy has won titles.

Jackal981

He’s finished as top manager. People talk about the penalty call but they should easily dispatch this out of form Bournemouth side without resorting to a pen. 0 shot on target versus a relegation team. Madness. It’s like he does not instruct his player at all during attacking phase and those slow laborous movements remind me of me and my mate at sunday league.

Rish Sawhney

Some more choice ones:

There are good players at the club. We're like Leicester under Puel only more boring. Lets not fall for the spin he also gave at United that he has shit, disinterested players. We have weaknessess but its no way as bad as the performances. That is down to the manager.
The criticism of our squad baffles me. This was Bournemouth not fecking Barcelona.

How can a squad with the likes of Kane, Son, Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela, GLC and Ndombele in, against a team with Adam Smith and some nonce called Rico in the back 4?!

Out squad isn’t as good as it was 4/5 years ago. No argument. But it absolutely should be serving up this dog shit, devoid of confidence championship Bournemouth side.

The man is a dinosaur, his time was 10 years ago. The game has passed him by.
That isn't Jose that is the shit players.

Moura had a clear run into their box with no defenders around him and just lost the ball. That isn't coaching.

Moura had the ball clean at his feet with Son open in a perfect spot at the top of the box and ignored him to drill a ball into the defender. That is not coaching.

Winks made roughly 250 passes backwards with another 450 passes sideways that is not coaching.
It’s coaching to have all 11 players have their average position in our own half for the first 45.

It’s the managers choice to pick Winks and Sissoko.

It’s the managers choice to set us up in a low block.

It’s a managers choice to neglect pressing against a team devoid of confidence.

The excuses for this bloke are fecking unreal. Like cult followers. If we had abused Bournemouth but lost because of a hatful of missed chances, you can credit Jose and blame the players. We were 2nd best against fecking Bournemouth, that’s on the manager.

The rhetoric has changed from pre-Covid when all he needed was “Kane and Son fit”. Unreal.
Some are onto him:
I don't think these players want to work with him.

On top of that, it wouldn't surprise me if he is trying to engineer his dismissal.
There is no cult:
Where are the excuses? Pointing out that this team has a ton of issues with a lack of talent is not excuses, it is not a cult. The only thing coming close to cult followers are the losers who just hate on Jose for everything because they didn't like him before he came here.
New name:
The sleepy one

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The Sleepy One is catchy :boring:

Mindhunter

Zero shots on goal in a game against a team all but relegated. While the mentally weak viruses Pogba, Rashford, and Martial are scoring for fun.

Jose is and always has been nothing more than a a cheque-book manager. He is awesome at making teams hard to beat similar to Rafa Benitez, but his dour methods over the years have been masked by having the best players in the world who win you game on their own like Robben, Cristiano, Drogba, Duff, Lampard, Zlatan, Eto'o etc
Agreed on the tumescent football. Jose is a spent force but the bolded part is simply not true. He has set up teams who have performed much better than the sum of their parts and has won CLs with smaller teams. This is revisionism at its best.

He is a parody of what he was though. The aura of invincibility has been completely shattered and he hasn't a clue of how to get back to where he was. His reputation still got him the Tottenham job.

meamth

He really is shite at coaching an attacking team.

He can have Messi and Ronaldo in the same team and still fail to register a shot on goal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It’s going to go horribly wrong at Spurs then he’s going to take the Juve job or something where it will go even worse before no club would dream of employing him, then in a few years after he’ll pop up and win the CL with Sampdoria.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He should go to league that has less competition. Playing defensive football to get a draw against the top side, winning against the lesser sides & manage a club that has power & money to buy players from the rival club & clubs from its own league. His football isn't going to work in the modern EPL. Too much competition among the top team, all PL clubs have money to hold their best players & the market for PL players are sky rocket.

Morpheus 7

Spurs are in for a world of pain if you think he's going to rebuild club, he's done at the top level. Been done for a while, football has changed. Maybe international football is the last shot I would say. He can't complain about what he has our has not then.

SinNombre

Well at least Spurs fans like balaks can enjoy how he winds opposition teams up.

Right?

Cloud7

One of the most surprising things for me is how fans still manage to fall for Jose's shtick after all this time.

As soon as Jose comes in:

The football becomes mind numbingly boring. The tactics become defeatist. Players look demotivated. There's infighting and the manager saying things in public he shouldn't and clearly making it known who are his favorites and who he doesn't like.

And when the results don't come, he blames the players, the board, everyone but himself.

And yet, when he eventually leaves, the same players he called such a problem miraculously start looking better. I mean it happened at Chelsea and United, with the modern day Jose. How on earth can he go to another club, and the fans still eat his crap up?

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Thank God for Spurs... We now have a club who's appointment of Jose and tenure will be even more embarrassing than ours.

Imagine being able to see Jose close up at United and thinking, "yeah, he'll do"
At this point I can honestly say that I think I would be a better manager than Mourinho. What a trainwreck :lol: :lol: :lol:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It’s even more evident that one of his greatest achievements is taking us to 2nd a couple of years ago. Not because our team was mediocre. That part was obvious but its because of him and how far he has fallen.