Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matt.H

Wonder how much money he will be able to spend under Levy

Eddy_JukeZ

I can't wait to see how he does.

Guessing he implodes sooner than normal this time.

hp88

It’s going to end in tears though for Jose, he will fall out with Levy at some point over a transfer.

Toblerone92

Bittersweet. Was always a Jose fan and really hoped he could have built something with us.

While I want him to do well, I would also like Spurs to forever live up to their usual mediocrity.

Abizzz

This might work out for a bit (or might not) but it'll be very entertaining once Jose and Levi start talking about each other in the press.

padzilla

Hipster
So Levy and Poch had a falling out over transfers so he sacks Poch and appoints Jose Mourinho...

EwanI Ted

I think he'll do really well this season. The tricky period will be in the summer when he wants to start spending money, which Levy has never been comfortable with.

lysglimt

Scout
I think he'll do really well this season. The tricky period will be in the summer when he wants to start spending money, which Levy has never been comfortable with.
Maybe we can sign Son - I have a hard time seeing him doing well in a Mourinho-system

lysglimt

Scout
On a more serious note - does anyone see ANY patterns here ?

First Harry Redknapp, then Villas-Boas, Tim Sherwood, Pochettino and Jose Mourinho.

First they get Pochettino who gets his players in to play his football - and then appointing Mourinho who stands for a completely different style of football. What is Levy thinking ?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
So long as we thump 'em on 4 Dec, couldn't give a feck. Spurs fans have been slating him for years at Chelsea and United. How they can 'fall in love' with him over a few good results is baffling. And he's been given 4 years?? As Head Coach?? I'll give it 2 years tops. It will always be about him at the end of the day.

Eddy_JukeZ

He’s going to be unreal there, I just know it.
He won't be.

He's a has been.

He'll maybe get some decent results a season or two before it all culminates in a meltdown.

Jose Mourinho is finished.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He’s going to be unreal there, I just know it.
I'll give it two transfer windows before shit comes crashing down. This is desperation time for him.

Pochettino got so much out of that squad because he builds strong personal relationship with players, Jose's what have you done for me lately attitude will not go well with that group either.

It makes sense though, Levy wanted spurs to be the club that could line up established managers like Jose and he was snubbed by LvG not so long ago.

dasty

Odds on Jose to get them relegated?

Seriously though, weird appointment and can’t see it working.
If you're willing to put money where your mouth is and make that bet I will take the free money.

Bocca9978

I give it two seasons at best.

Massive miss match for club, manager and chairman.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Just woke up to the news. Even though it looked very likely last night it still seems surreal. Personally I think it's the best possible appointment we could make at the moment so I'm pleased though still very sad about what's happened.

Traub

Three and a half year contract. That 2022/2023 season should be fun.

Ban

This will be.. Well.. Interesting. :) will Eriksen and Alderwiereld leave anyway?

blueblood85

Supports
Chelsea
Levy will definitely provide him with the lavish funds Woodward didn’t

bdecuc

In all seriousness, why? Another big payoff coming for Mourinho in 12-18 months. It's really bizarre.