Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Spurs will always win games with that forward line. He just needs to sort their defence out and they won't be too far away.

Hulksmash

He has 2 attacking assistant manager and Spurs werent sitting back but pressing. Kind of surprising

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Heh, I saw the whole game as I had a bet on Spurs to score 4. Still don't know how they did it.
How did you only could 4 chances then? Son had a huge chance to score from an open goal late on, and their keeper had a good save in the first 20 mins or so where he saved one low from out wide (Kane nearly got a head on it), plus Eriksen's free kick to name but a few others.

Traub

His problems are definitely mentally not really technically.
Yeah, a great Jose player IMO. Good defenders will always thrive under Jose, it’s usually the attackers who struggle. I think this may be a good match given your attacking assets

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
He has 2 attacking assistant manager and Spurs werent sitting back but pressing. Kind of surprising
Apparently changed his backroom staff around. I think he will still mostly look to play the pragmatic Jose style with fast transitional play. But with the offensive backroom staff he may bring in some pressing in certain scenarios.

Surprised he didn't really rotate the squad for this game.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yep, everything looks peachy.

That's what makes that train that heats you about year and a half in so hard to take.

AaronRedDevil

Its kinda funny that jose left united to go on, to manage Tottenham and play them in the Champions league.

Marcus

Jose is a great manager. However, he literally gave up on United (Woodward) and started sabotaging the team with his weird line-ups and sullen attitude. So no regrets that he had to go.

Paul_Scholes18

Good start for him so far. Two fairly easy games though. Still we know that Jose normally starts well in teams. It is when things go against him in the future that the problems starts with him fighting with players and the board.

GGT

so in a years time , if he gets Spurs challenging for premier, what would the cafes opinion be, as to why he din't do it here?

Fussball13251

2:0 down. If this were United, if he were still manager of United, they wouldn't have came back and won. But with Kane, Son, Eriksen, Moura.... F*k he might win this seasons CL.

Yiu can say what you want about him, but he still won a European trophy at United. Would be crazy if he just walks into Sputs and wins a CL right away. Poch couldn't do that in 5 years with these players.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Jose is a great manager. However, he literally gave up on United (Woodward) and started sabotaging the team with his weird line-ups and sullen attitude. So no regrets that he had to go.
I don't think the sabotage was intentional, and I'm not even a JM supporter / fan. I do think he was trying to create solutions for problems who couldn't be solved on the short term, and ended up melting down.

Alabaster Codify7

I can see Jose focusing entirely on an upset CL victory over the league. He has the attacking firepower but he'll fall short ultimately.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
so in a years time , if he gets Spurs challenging for premier, what would the cafes opinion be, as to why he din't do it here?
I very much doubt he will have Spurs challenging for the league unless the current standard of City and Liverpool drops. Spurs are not a 90+points team based on the players they have or the level of investment they are willing to commit to.

DoomSlayer

2:0 down. If this were United, if he were still manager of United, they wouldn't have came back and won. But with Kane, Son, Eriksen, Moura.... F*k he might win this seasons CL.

Yiu can say what you want about him, but he still won a European trophy at United. Would be crazy if he just walks into Sputs and wins a CL right away. Poch couldn't do that in 5 years with these players.
Does it mean Pochettino is shit then? And where does that leave the Poch fanboys?

Heinzesight

That ball boy incident just reminded me of when Jose threw the whole crate of water bottles. F-ing oddball.

I’m not surprised how’s he’s done so far but the games have been kind and I’m looking forward to the match at OT and I am sure our players will be bang up for this one.

Also, people saying we wouldn’t have come back from 2-0 down like Spurs did last night...we did it a few times under Jose.

Alabaster Codify7

All smiles and happiness now innit. He'll be gone by next Christmas, I'm certain of it. He'll finish top 4-5 and Levy will tighten the purse.

Zlatattack

He could potentially do very well there. I think we were the weakest team he ever managed. That's if he doesn't implode of course.