Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He tried. But Woodward.

Can you link this to me? I'm in shock and anger at the same time. I've been a staunch Jose defender because it just made no sense to me to hire a man than needs an open wallet and authority over players and deny him both. If Ed's actually insinuated this , straight from the horses mouth...I just..I don't know
And Fred was also Woodward finger. Wans't Mourinho's choice, but it was Fred or nothing. There are several articles about it.
I can't blame him for Pogba and Lukaku: at the time they were two of the most wanted players in the transfer market. We had to outbid top offers to guarantee both of their services.

Not trying to save his face, because Jose acted like very unprofessionally, but when your DoF doesn't give you players for the positions you asked for and doesn't let you dismiss several players, it becomes difficult to bare with.
Add this to the players morale easily becoming affected due to knowing that Mourinho clearly didn't rate some of them, but had to deal with them just because there was no alternative, it's easy to understand why we got so low.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And Fred was also Woodward finger. Wans't Mourinho's choice, but it was Fred or nothing. There are several articles about it.
I can't blame him for Pogba and Lukaku: at the time they were two of the most wanted players in the transfer market. We had to outbid top offers to guarantee both of their services.

Not trying to save his face, because Jose acted like very unprofessionally, but when your DoF doesn't give you players for the positions you asked for and doesn't let you dismiss several players, it becomes difficult to bare with.
Add this to the players morale easily becoming affected due to knowing that Mourinho clearly didn't rate some of them, but had to deal with them just because there was no alternative, it's easy to understand why we got so low.
It wasn't Fred or nothing, it was "Jose assumed it was Fred or nothing".

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

We don't have a DOF and might you be reminded that Jose had his own personal scouts go on several scouting trips. So if it was Fred or nothing maybe his scouts also couldn't find any players.
It's amazing that before his arrival Jose was the one saying he had been touring Europe for months whilst he was off amassing a list of players he needed to be successful at his next club, so wheree were said players then? Ibrahimovic and Mhikitaryan?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We don't have a DOF and might you be reminded that Jose had his own personal scouts go on several scouting trips. So if it was Fred or nothing maybe his scouts also couldn't find any players.
It's amazing that before his arrival Jose was the one saying he had been touring Europe for months whilst he was off amassing a list of players he needed to be successful at his next club, so wheree were said players then? Ibrahimovic and Mhikitaryan?
Was Fernandez not one of them? Also strong links that he wanted Ivan Perisic and to Maguire?

Cassidy

Was Fernandez not one of them? Also strong links that he wanted Ivan Perisic and to Maguire?
Who is Fernandez? You mean Bruno Fernandes? The player we were linked with after he left? Jose didn't want Fernandes I don't remember us ever bing linked with Jose as manager.

He certainly wanted Peresic and also Willan, but Maguire actually recent reports say he was happy with Maguire but didn't think United should pay over 50m, and United were tracking Maguire long before Jose became boss, it was Moyes who first wanted him at United. I think it safe to say since we signed him after Jose left that he was a club target

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Who is Fernandez? You mean Bruno Fernandes? The player we were linked with after he left? Jose didn't want Fernandes I don't remember us ever bing linked with Jose as manager.

He certainly wanted Peresic and also Willan, but Maguire actually recent reports say he was happy with Maguire but didn't think United should pay over 50m, and United were tracking Maguire long before Jose became boss, it was Moyes who first wanted him at United. I think it safe to say since we signed him after Jose left that he was a club target
I think you knew I meant Bruno :lol:, just asking cause he clearly wants him at Spurs now.

Cassidy

I think you knew I meant Bruno :lol:, just asking cause he clearly wants him at Spurs now.
Honestly I wasn't sure :lol: . I think its clear that Spurs wanted him before Jose arrived, so don't believe the hype, if he doesn't perform Jose will turn around and say he didn't want him and start having ago at your clubs scouts. I think its clear Spurs want to sign him, Jose will go along with it sure

Ban

So in the latest episode some fans want Jose, who was hated by many, to beat Manchester United, to prove that Ole, an United legend, is a clueless clown.

What a time to be an United fan.

Gomes

So in the latest episode some fans want Jose, who was hated by many, to beat Manchester United, to prove that Ole, an United legend, is a clueless clown.

As if it still needs proving. A horrible end is better than endless horror.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Never read anything about Mourinho himself travelling to scout players, but that could be me.
With the budget spent almost all in Pogba, Mhikitaryan and Ibra were business opportunities. Ibra did very well for his age, and Mhiky did well on Europa league, but he was even more frustrating to watch than Martial (he's doing OK this season, to be fair).

As I said, Mourinho has to share the blame game, but it's easy to see why things turned sour and had little to do with 3rd season syndrome, but more due to different opinions with the board and to openly claiming that some of the players in the squad were not "his" players, and knowing Mourinho he probably told those players who they were.

Classical Mechanic

Never read anything about Mourinho himself travelling to scout players, but that could be me.
With the budget spent almost all in Pogba, Mhikitaryan and Ibra were business opportunities. Ibra did very well for his age, and Mhiky did well on Europa league, but he was even more frustrating to watch than Martial (he's doing OK this season, to be fair).

As I said, Mourinho has to share the blame game, but it's easy to see why things turned sour and had little to do with 3rd season syndrome, but more due to different opinions with the board and to openly claiming that some of the players in the squad were not "his" players, and knowing Mourinho he probably told those players who they were.
Apparently Mourinho employed his own scouts and that is how we ended up with Fred.

Cassidy

Before he took the job he was seen at several games scouting and he mentioned it in his first few press conferences.

As United manager he went to a few games to watch Peresic play for Croatia and I believe he was also at one of Serbias games too watching players. It was a thing he would do in the summer when his camp was spreading the narrative about our scouting not being up to scratch and having to employ his own.

Of course I do not think the problem was all his fault, our recruitment and board have problems, but lets not feed into some narrative that we signed players he didn't want like for instance Fred, pretty sure Fred was one of his signings.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Apparently Mourinho employed his own scouts and that is how we ended up with Fred.
OK, fair enough. I only remembered him complaining about our gigantic and disorganized scouting structure, but can't talk about his own scouts because I only knew he used scouts for opponent's tactical reports.

DoomSlayer

I've seen comments on YouTube and Twitter from our "fans" who want Mourinho to punch Ole in the face and celebrate like a madman if Spurs beat us. :lol:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Before he took the job he was seen at several games scouting and he mentioned it in his first few press conferences.

As United manager he went to a few games to watch Peresic play for Croatia and I believe he was also at one of Serbias games too watching players. It was a thing he would do in the summer when his camp was spreading the narrative about our scouting not being up to scratch and having to employ his own.

Of course I do not think the problem was all his fault, our recruitment and board have problems, but lets not feed into some narrative that we signed players he didn't want like for instance Fred, pretty sure Fred was one of his signings.
Even if it wasn't, int the end of the day it's not really up to him to decide. He just had to be more professional and try to adjust the team's weaknesses to his ideas, which in the end he refused to deal with.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Mourinho the fallen one for me. Since the Eva incident really not a fan to put it mildly....

Was shocked when Utd hired him after that shambles.

Then joining Spurs.... Can't go much lower.

Hopefully Utd turn up tomorrow and wheels firmly come off Spurs.

Chelsea Spurs going to interesting games this season too.... More so after the Morris incident him criticizing on Sky.

roonster09

Scout
Says a lot about the club infastructure if the manager is led to make that assumption.
Yeah, Jose being paranoid, what a surprise.

There are many reports which says how much Jose is a changed man after Madrid (in a bad way) and he doesn't trust anyone. Can't blame anyone if Jose feels that way, its on Jose himself.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah, Jose being paranoid, what a surprise.
Yeah sure that must be it. It's definately not the shit system we have or anything to do with Ed Woodward being completely inept at his job.

Must be Jose.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah sure that must be it. It's definately not the shit system we have or anything to do with Ed Woodward being completely inept at his job.

Must be Jose.
Yeah nothing is Jose's fault. It's always Pogba, Woodward, Martial, Rashford, journalists and everyone except Jose.

tomaldinho1

Mou trying to prove a point and playing an attacking team was perfect for us. We actually completely controlled most of that game.

R'hllor

He lost vs Ole in his honeymoon period and not only lost but his team looked nothing special during whole 90min. Cult and followers can not believe it, they might start a talk about spaceship coming for them.

lsd

The Oracle
Met his match tonight but had a good run since he took over Spurs