Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
A few probably, he was chasing Dier and Aldeweireld when he was at United. And he seems hell bent on letting Dier prove himself as useless still. While throwing Ndombele under the bus after tonights game.
But as has been pointed out above: you need to manage the squad you get.
Especially at Spurs when it was pretty clear from the beginning that he would have to work with the squad at hand. They will have no transfer budget this summer either and he took the gig knowing just that.
I agree with you that its way too early for him to be sacked though. Please all football gods, let him remain at Spurs.

KMAS! (or something)

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Do you know what will happen if Spurs sack him?

Back to Chelsea, wins the league in his first season, fights with everyone in his second, sacked by the third and replaced by either Rafa or Guus Hiddink who will be sacked after scrambling for top four and then replaced by appointment from within (John Terry).

Varun

Staff
I don't get all the criticism, this isn't his team, lets see whats players he buys in the summer and what team he tries to build
Find it incredible that anyone can think this way. He's a manager/coach and yet it's not his responsibility to work with what he has at all? This after having chased some of these players while at other clubs and openly saying so when he joined spurs?

I hope he builds 'his team' anyway because that'll feck Spurs even more but then I think Levy won't let him.

He's a washed up manager who doesn't belong at the top level anymore. For once, it's great we can enjoy the meltdowns and see him fecking a club up because it's happening to someone else.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Levy coming down with a 60 million budget for the whole season will be fun.

Great positon he put himself in though. Probably think it is best to part ways, but then he will pay him shitload of money. Give Jose of all people to rebuild a club and he might waste it in a manner that it looks like a Stoke transfer strategy.

Well, now that is written, looks kind of obvious (if this level of performances continue, jast sack him).

Last edited:

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I wont bother looking up the stats, but Spurs have been quite shit the last two years no? 2019 was pretty horrible for Poch and it seems their bad form has just carried on with Jose.

Its become pretty evident how much they relied on Kane/Son carrying them

Hambley

The thread is empty when Mourinho wins and full of comments after draw or defeat. Don't you find this so stupid and ridiculous? I know it's supposed to be a part of our United identity to hate Jose whatever he does but this is actually the kind of over negativity many moan about. You, the guys who do it are negative as hell. He's "washed up, dinosaur, done, out of shape". He's just a man like any of us and lives in London which is located very far from some of his personal haters (on the other part of the Earth). It seems as I read the same poster on all resources every day and every time. Whenever I came to the likes of topics like this here or on social networks I see this repeatedly posted agenda. Really, I come to discussions about his management to read objective opinions, tactical reviews and football thoughts but face this kind of annoying shit instead all the time.

jackal&hyde

N'Dombele seems to be his new 'Pogba'. A player who he has no idea how to use so he will blame as much on him as possible. The funny thing is that the apparent 'good' second half from Spurs was pretty shite too and Burnley should have a penalty and won the game comfortably.
I am thinking the same. It is fun to watch though when it's not happening at your club.

EwanI Ted

I don't get all the criticism, this isn't his team, lets see whats players he buys in the summer and what team he tries to build
At best he’ll get three new senior players this summer and none will be in the top tier in terms of price and performance. His team will mostly be the players he’s working with now, he needs to figure out how to get a song out of them.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
The thread is empty when Mourinho wins and full of comments after draw or defeat. Don't you find this so stupid and ridiculous? I know it's supposed to be a part of our United identity to hate Jose whatever he does but this is actually the kind of over negativity many moan about. You, the guys who do it are negative as hell. He's "washed up, dinosaur, done, out of shape". He's just a man like any of us and lives in London which is located very far from some of his personal haters (on the other part of the Earth). It seems as I read the same poster on all resources every day and every time. Whenever I came to the likes of topics like this here or on social networks I see this repeatedly posted agenda. Really, I come to discussions about his management to read objective opinions, tactical reviews and football thoughts but face this kind of annoying shit instead all the time.
interesting that you complain about negativity. I’ve just had a look at your recent posts. All incredibly negative “Ole’s recruitment being good is a myth” for example. Apart from posts about Mourinho.

I notice you’re from Moscow . Your country has just been implemented in keeping a brash, boring old man in a position of power. Are you trying to do the same with Jose?

Judas

Open to offers
It's weird how many Utd supporting Jose fanboys still exist really, I don't get it. I don't hate the bloke, but I'd be lying if I said I have the same warmth for him as I did before we hired him.

Hambley

interesting that you complain about negativity. I’ve just had a look at your recent posts. All incredibly negative “Ole’s recruitment being good is a myth” for example. Apart from posts about Mourinho.
I post quite rarely for someone being registered in 2017. Even now I do it not that often since I expressed anything I wanted about Glazers. My posts about Ole got negative only this year. I was observing his time here, results and mindset. Shitty results, poor coaching overall, middle-table attitude to anything, spreading romantic and clear nonsense, defending Glazers. It's all I see about Ole. That Glazers puppet imagines himself the God of management talking about "rebuild". The one who won nothing outside of Norway and got relegated with Cardiff is gonna rebuild Manchester United in such complicated situation where top managers failed. Damn, I can't believe we failed so low. I tolerated Ole's unwarranted arrogance for a long time but the time when he accused LVG and Mourinho just to lick Glazers boots was the last point to me. Mourinho had his mistakes and certainly is not the ideal man on the Earth, but he revealed the main problem of our club and was no a "yes man" for Glazers. I dislike anyone who tries to defend Glazers.

I notice you’re from Moscow . Your country has just been implemented in keeping a brash, boring old man in a position of power. Are you trying to do the same with Jose?
The fact I'm russian makes me communist, vodka-addict, Putin's fan and smth worse I guess. I do like stereotypes. Carry on.

jackal&hyde

I post quite rarely for someone being registered in 2017. Even now I do it not that often since I expressed anything I wanted about Glazers. My posts about Ole got negative only this year. I was observing his time here, results and mindset. Shitty results, poor coaching overall, middle-table attitude to anything, spreading romantic and clear nonsense, defending Glazers. It's all I see about Ole. That Glazers puppet imagines himself the God of management talking about "rebuild". The one who won nothing outside of Norway and got relegated with Cardiff is gonna rebuild Manchester United in such complicated situation where top managers failed. Damn, I can't believe we failed so low. I tolerated Ole's unwarranted arrogance for a long time but the time when he accused LVG and Mourinho just to lick Glazers boots was the last point to me. Mourinho had his mistakes and certainly is not the ideal man on the Earth, but he revealed the main problem of our club and was no a "yes man" for Glazers. I dislike anyone who tries to defend Glazers.

The fact I'm russian makes me communist, vodka-addict, Putin's fan and smth worse I guess. I do like stereotypes. Carry on.
The biggest negativity started with Mou. He was the virus and he is giving it to Spurs now. The vast improvement on players like Fred, Shaw, Rashford, Martial is no coincidence. He is a toxic man that only thinks about himself.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jose was relevant till around mid 2010s at max. He was successful in 2000's because the defenders used to defend and that meant he could park 10 men behind the ball and keep a clean sheet as it was mostly 5 vs 10 in his defensive third. His teams could score by using a strong physical man up front who could bully the opposition and that's how he won games and trophies.
That changed as soon as Pep's and Klopp's philosophy became more popular. Once you have full backs doing the job what wingers of the previous decade were doing, and wingers cutting inside supporting the striker, it becomes much more difficult to keep a clean sheet and hence win games. Target men and poachers aren't available now (they are, but very few are WC), and he now struggles to devise an effective strategy to beat the opposition

crossy1686

career ending
It's weird how many Utd supporting Jose fanboys still exist really, I don't get it. I don't hate the bloke, but I'd be lying if I said I have the same warmth for him as I did before we hired him.
No where near as weird as the amount of people who kept saying Moyes was an "honest and hardworking man" and should have got more time, and this was after his sacking.

In Rainbows

Why on earth are you even bringing up his country? This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on here. Totally irrelevant and totally ignorant.

Josh 76

Jose was relevant till around mid 2010s at max. He was successful in 2000's because the defenders used to defend and that meant he could park 10 men behind the ball and keep a clean sheet as it was mostly 5 vs 10 in his defensive third. His teams could score by using a strong physical man up front who could bully the opposition and that's how he won games and trophies.
That changed as soon as Pep's and Klopp's philosophy became more popular. Once you have full backs doing the job what wingers of the previous decade were doing, and wingers cutting inside supporting the striker, it becomes much more difficult to keep a clean sheet and hence win games. Target men and poachers aren't available now (they are, but very few are WC), and he now struggles to devise an effective strategy to beat the opposition
Interesting

Alabaster Codify7

He is so done, it's hard to believe. He seemed destined to be the new SAF in his prime, that unbeatable manager that opposition fans despise for his greatness and demeanour and whose players would die on the pitch for him. I saw him challenging SAF in terms of accolades but his downfall has been unreal - he is so, so done as a top manager. After this, and I think he'll be sacked in the summer (after not being backed, he'll mouth off), it's either some new-money Russian league side or international management for some rich underdog team - Qatar, China, maybe even Russia actually. I think even the Portuguese national team would swerve him nowadays.

Josh 76

He's probably the 3rd most successful manager in the club's history since the war.
True manutd fans appreciate that.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Jose was relevant till around mid 2010s at max.
I mean he "only" won:

La Liga (with a record points tally?)
Copa del ray
Supercopa
Premier League
2 league cups
Europa League

Since mid 2010... (Obvs he had the treble seria a, Italian cup and champions League around mid 2010 as well)

9 titles in the last 10 years, champions League and Europa League as well a winning la liga, the premier League and seria a.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
He is so done, it's hard to believe. He seemed destined to be the new SAF in his prime, that unbeatable manager that opposition fans despise for his greatness and demeanour and whose players would die on the pitch for him. I saw him challenging SAF in terms of accolades but his downfall has been unreal - he is so, so done as a top manager. After this, and I think he'll be sacked in the summer (after not being backed, he'll mouth off), it's either some new-money Russian league side or international management for some rich underdog team - Qatar, China, maybe even Russia actually. I think even the Portuguese national team would swerve him nowadays.
I would draw your extremely blinkered attention to the fact (as reported by the BBC) that since he joined Tottenham Hotspur in November, only Liverpool and Manchester City have taken more points in the PL.

Bet that sticks in your throat.

Judas

Open to offers
I 100% he'll do better with his full team back and a bit of backing in the market, but if he continues down this path of self destruction so early into his time at a new club, who knows how many players he'll lose along the way.

Djemba-Djemba

The football he has his teams play is total shite.

Unless you're winning every week it's very difficult to watch, and when you're in dreadful form as Spurs currently are it's pretty much impossible to watch.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
The football he has his teams play is total shite.

Unless you're winning every week it's very difficult to watch, and when you're in dreadful form as Spurs currently are it's pretty much impossible to watch.
Mix that in with his toxic shit that he keeps throwing up to defend his ego and you've got a train wreck of several months before the Chairmen finally has enough of his bullshit and terminates his contract.

At least he's managing to weaken a rival so that's good for us after his bullshit weakened our club. Perhaps Arsenal can take on the handicap of having Jose on as Manager next?

Judas

Open to offers
Neither has his 2nd place finish been equalled.
and the majority wanted him gone that season anyway, that's how absolutely miserable that amazing season was. It was an achievement, but this is entertainment, watching that football and listening to that bloke moan and look like he'd rather be literally anywhere else is not an experience I ever want to see happen at the club again. I don't know why some try and play this devils advocate role when it comes to Jose, but he's not the bloke I used to love, no idea what some of you see in modern Mourinho, all the good qualities are mostly long gone.

SaintMuppet

Jose used to be entertaining, witty etc which is why his negative traits were easy to overlook. He has run out of jokes and is a man out of his time, negative is all that is left! Time to let go and allow him to slide into oblivion!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I mean he "only" won:

La Liga (with a record points tally?)
Copa del ray
Supercopa
Premier League
2 league cups
Europa League

Since mid 2010... (Obvs he had the treble seria a, Italian cup and champions League around mid 2010 as well)

9 titles in the last 10 years, champions League and Europa League as well a winning la liga, the premier League and seria a.
:lol::lol::lol: Mate re read the post again. I said mid 2010s not mid 2010!