Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't see what will Ndombelé win in this feud. In fact he has more to loose than the other way arround.
Not sure about that. Spurs can’t afford to let a 50m asset rot in the reserves. They’ll flog him this summer and there will be plenty of suitors I’m sure.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
N'dombele with the ball looks fantastic, N'dombele without the ball looks a league 1 player and is a liability. Really is Taraabt all over again, oozes class and skill, zero effort.

Guessing he is done at Spurs, they will recoup some money for him as he is only 23. Jose will invest that into bringing in a dedicated CDM like Hojbjerg.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He feels the need to humble talented players to mold them into his way, which is what he tried to do with Pogba, Martial, Rashford etc and now he's trying it with Bergwijn, Ndombele at Spurs. Of course he cannot pull that over superstars like Cristiano, Zlatan or Kane as the club would kick him out before they take his side in that argument but a tier lower and he's ready to pull his tricks.

It might work if his aura was still intact like during his time at Inter where he did win with Eto despite their differences, or if he was doing it behind closed doors but he chooses to do it through the media, which is absolutely the wrong way to deal with modern players.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He said he wouldn't swap Lo Celso for Fernandes which is obviously BS.

But what strikes me is how he's defending his Spurs players not named Ndombele, when he was so quick to throw ours under the bus. The comments after the Sevilla match still ring loud and clear.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

But what strikes me is how he's defending his Spurs players not named Ndombele, when he was so quick to throw ours under the bus. The comments after the Sevilla match still ring loud and clear.
Give him some time and that will change.

edit. His comments post Leipzig weren't great either tbh.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Lo Celso doesn't strike me to be someone with potential of world class, technically yes but his mentality doesn't seem to be the type of hungry player like world class playmaker. A true world class potential playmaker always want the ball all the time in full 90 minutes, I often see him switch off, still very young though to improve & learn. I might need to pay attention on him for this game to know him more, Mourinho seem to play him in his Chelsea's Fabregas role.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Lo Celso doesn't strike me to be someone with potential of world class, technically yes but his mentality doesn't seem to be the type of hungry player like world class playmaker. A true world class potential playmaker always want the ball all the time in full 90 minutes, I often see him switch off, still very young though to improve & learn. I might need to pay attention on him for this game to know him more, Mourinho seem to play him in his Chelsea's Fabregas role.
I don't see that at all. The guy has quickly become the heartbeat of our midfield. I think he could develop into a world class player.

izec

Him and Bruno are still different players. He likes to dribble more and is better at playmaking from deep and possession, while Bruno is a better goalscorer and shooter. Lo Celso has massive potential, he was injured at the start of the season and had a slow introduction, but make no mistake, he is a great talent.

Sheffield United 3:1 Tottenham (2 July 2020)

ReddevilTinu

Watching Sheffield United vs Spurs and it seems like last year how Manchester United struggled under Mourinho. He really knows how to take out zing from the players. Last years Pochhetino teams were ripping apart teams like Sheffield. Tottenham have ball but no spark and predictible way of playing.

He seems to be done with professional management for a very good side with archaic ways his team plays. All he wants would be blank cheque book to win titles. Chelsea Real Madrid and Inter had backed him with money but let's see how he does when the club wants manager to get best out of the current squad

Reactions: Penna

Rolaholic

Absolute shambles...

Can't say I have much sympathy for Spurs, they're the ones who sacked Poch and made a deal with the devil :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Another totally clueless appointment from Levy.

That's the 7th useless manager he has hired.

Only Harry Redknapp and Poch have been anyway good.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't see that at all. The guy has quickly become the heartbeat of our midfield. I think he could develop into a world class player.
Sums it up why you have been struggling this season including today's game. You are clearly not the first one here, I've seen Spurs fans tend to jump into conclusion quickly about their players & how they overrated their players, I even remember how one of their fans (could be you) in here mentioned that Winks has the potential to be as good as Carrick and being upset for Winks being compared to Henderson's quality.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sums it up why you have been struggling this season including today's game. You are clearly not the first one here, I've seen Spurs fans tend to jump into conclusion quickly about their players & how they overrated their players, I even remember how one of their fans in here mentioned that Winks has the potential to be as good as Carrick and being upset for Winks being compared to Henderson's quality.
Ive seen enough of him to know he is going to be a great player for us.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I really believed in Mourinho. However, I have to admit it looks like he's a man out of time. Whatever he is doing the Spurs squad just isn't responding to it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why get Alderweireld to sign a new deal and then drop him for Eric Dier? That's a big money contract that's back firing even quicker than most predicted

Can't imagine it'll be long before Jose is viewed among the likes of Pulis and Allardyce as a manager your turn to to avoid relegation although based on tonight's defending.... :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Solid sixth in the league since Mourinho was appointed this season (31 points in 20 games)

In comparison, we were third in form from Ole's appointment last season until the end of the season (40 points in 21 games)

The crazy thing is Southampton's form - fifth in the table since Mourinho was appointed at Spurs!