Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Midfielder

Amen. Poor fit for us, poor for Spurs - he used to suit the underdog club that could still attract big players but now I don't even know what tactics he tries to play, it just seems so passive and meek. Can;t see him in the PL much longer unless he changes how he treats players.
He will be in West Ham after Moyes..

van Persie

Worse than Moyes. Really throwing shade on "his" past achievements :houllier:

Even for a dinosaur his tactis are beyond outdated

LoneStar

You mean the first game or the last one? Because the craziest thing about Mourinho and the reason why Tottenham fans should worry is that from day one under Mourinho they played exactly like United under Mourinho, I was convinced that our players were just following his instructions but that game confirmed it.
I was talking about the recent game against them. I mean I already knew they were playing that way, but when they were defending for the whole game with the attack they had, it really just hit me.

cyberman

I was talking about the recent game against them. I mean I already knew they were playing that way, but when they were defending for the whole game with the attack they had, it really just hit me.
Jose gets too much credit for that. We forced Spurs back, don't let Joses nonsense fool you. He had no tactical answer for Ole

mu4c_20le

Can't believe so many people think he will win a trophy. Unless keeping Kane is a trophy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Jose gets too much credit for that. We forced Spurs back, don't let Joses nonsense fool you. He had no tactical answer for Ole
Agreed it wasn't on purpose. Mourinho is totally unable to organize a pressing and a way to quickly get back possession, if the opponent isn't sloppy his teams are trapped in their own half.

Worse than Moyes. Really throwing shade on "his" past achievements :houllier:

Even for a dinosaur his tactis are beyond outdated
jose is horrendous these days, but at least he can bark back to his achievements. David “I win” Moyes is a complete failure and has never anything of note.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
The team has been this bad since before he came in. Its the players that are the main problem. Major gutting required.
Even if we take this as a starting point, why on earth would a club in such a situation hire someone like Mourinho? Mental.

Dve

Tottenham just looked utterly uninspired in this match, both in attack and defence. They still have Europa to fight for, so it must be hard for their fans to accept.

Kane will surely be assessing his options.
his options are slim. Should never have signed that 5 year contract. This would have been his last summer to get a really big move and Covid has scuppered that. By the start of 21/22 season he’s 28 - and in no way is he finished but teams aren’t going to pay massive money for him, and spurs won’t sell him because he’s on a long contract.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
In a way ya gotta feel for the guy - for everything s he has accomplished you d figure he kinda deserves to leave coaching on a relatively high. At this pt though you wonder how many clubs will have to suffer before he returns to that - if ever. I can imagine that someone with as much pride as him won't want to throw in the towel until he s won something again - and I don't mean in the MLS, Asia or the Middle East.

cyberman

In a way ya gotta feel for the guy - for everything s he has accomplished you d figure he kinda deserves to leave coaching on a relatively high. At this pt though you wonder how many clubs will have to suffer before he returns to that - if ever. I can imagine that someone with as much pride as him won't want to throw in the towel until he s won something again - and I don't mean in the MLS, Asia or the Middle East.
He has to leave England. A spell in Italy would do him the world of good.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
his options are slim. Should never have signed that 5 year contract. This would have been his last summer to get a really big move and Covid has scuppered that. By the start of 21/22 season he’s 28 - and in no way is he finished but teams aren’t going to pay massive money for him, and spurs won’t sell him because he’s on a long contract.
What about season 2020/21, can we have that first?

Some of these players are a bit clueless with the long deals though aren't they. I suppose they just presume a club will find the huge fee needed, or more likely they only think about the now.

What about season 2020/21, can we have that first?

Some of these players are a bit clueless with the long deals though aren't they. I suppose they just presume a club will find the huge fee needed, or more likely they only think about the now.
well obviously, but I’m saying that no one is buying him this year because of covid. This was in my opinion his last chance at a big move. Spurs would not have turned down £150m. But no club is spending that on a player now.

Zaha is another one who signed a stupid deal tying him to the club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I have never ever seen any Spurs fan say that. Whoever said that needs their head examined.
You should go talk to them more often rather than be here.

Winks is great. Extremely mobile, keeps the ball moving and offers great work rate, we’ve seen his ability at places like the Nou Camp and the Bernabau. Currently struggling in our mess of a midfield setup but I really rate him, never going to be a world class midfielder but I do think he could hit Carrick level. Very underrated on here because he’s not flashy, but for England the other night you could see the difference a player with his skill set can make for a team.

Dier needs replacing, 100%. But if we consider Lo Celso as an AM then that’s all I think we require. Winks and Ndombele with a competent defensive midfielder doing donkey work is a very decent midfield, so from that perspective I’d say that area needs work but a mess? I don’t think so. Under current management yes because nobody is being played to their strengths.

Sissoko is a good squad player. Mobile, opens up space with his runs, gives everything for the team and physically is so hard to deal with. He shouldn’t be starting for us (and hopefully won’t be by the end of the season) but I’m happy with him in the squad. Just don’t bother shooting, ever.

Cloud7

61% on here thought Jose would win a trophy with Spurs.

:lol:
I won’t lie, I was one of those. I did have reason for it though. Spurs have a good team, contrary to what Jose and many Spurs fans now would have you believe. Most teams in the league, and in world football, would have killed to have attacking players like Kane, Son and Erikssen.

I never thought he would win any significant trophy like a PL or CL, but I did think he might park the bus to a league cup or FA cup.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Squishy was a moron. Im very active on the biggest spurs forum and the vast majority of spurs fans think winks is a decent squad player at best.
How much have you actually seen of Winks? Because I rate Carrick very highly (not ever as a world class midfielder but certainly the tier below) but I don't think that level is unattainable for Winks if he fulfils his potential.

He's put in fantastic performances in multiple huge games for us. I'm a big fan.
Did you judge him on this match or have you actually watched him every game this season like i have?
Do you see the similarity? I feel the same vibe when I read that post of yours today.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The Spurs forum is hilarious. I thought it got ugly over here on occasion but the vitriol there is insane.
Its bad right now. Half of us hate Jose and the other half want to give him time to turn it around. His appointment split the fans and the results have made it worse. Its no worse than here at times though. We fans are all the same. Everything is either amazing or terrible, there is no middle ground.

saivet

Can't believe so many people think he will win a trophy. Unless keeping Kane is a trophy.
I voted yes cause I thought he might get an FA Cup or League Cup given he typically always plays his strongest team in cup competitions.

spottieottiedopaliscious

He takes such an odd stance lately at his past few clubs (or maybe he’s always done it). It seems that he out to prove to the people who have hired him, fans, and players why his style of football works and will bring them great success and glory. Instead of a us vs the world attitude it’s me vs everyone. It’s very dividing and seems to pull everyone apart from the board, coaches, players and most importantly the fans.

I was one that honestly thought he would be great for United but feel so fooled.