Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Jose is using Aurier like Maicon. Been watching Spurs this season lot under Jose and their last three games pretty much convinced me even more that right back spot should be the first thing Jose needs to sort out before other positions.

Dreadful crossings & clumsy in defending. Well, actually, today confirmed he also clumsy in everything because during throw in, he threw the ball backward to Newcastle player.

slored1

Jose is using Aurier like Maicon. Been watching Spurs this season lot under Jose and their last three games pretty much convinced me even more that right back spot should be their first thing Jose need to sort out before other positions.

Dreadful crossings & clumsy in defending. Well, actually, today confirmed he also clumsy in everything because during throw in, he threw the ball backward to Newcastle player.
To be fair, his brother just passed away, so today is probably not the best time for analysing Aurier's performance.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair, his brother just passed away, so today is probably not the best time for analysing Aurier's performance.
If you read my post, I judged him based on what I watched this season not just today's game. He's been clumsy on attacking & defending this season, I'l be surprised if any Spurs fans don't think they don't need to replace Aurier.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
If you read my post, I judged him based on what I watched this season not just today's game. He's been clumsy on attacking & defending this season, I'l be surprised if any Spurs fans don't think they don't need to replace Aurier.
Yeah, Aurier has a lot of brain fart moments. Today was par for the course, not an exception.

fil1542

Supports
Jose Mourinho
Not a Spurs fan, but I watched every match since Jose has arrived and I absolutely agree. Right back is the first position that needs to be adressed in the summer window.

Having said that, huge credit for Aurier that he played today after what happened a few days ago.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Not a Spurs fan, but I watched every match since Jose has arrived and I absolutely agree. Right back is the first position that needs to be adressed in the summer window.

Having said that, huge credit for Aurier that he played today after what happened a few days ago.
100%

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I watch Spurs since Jose joined and their whole back line could do with upgrades imo. And then a proper Eriksen replacement as well.

Mindhunter

That was better
Cannot agree more. Please please give him the money to strengthen the squad this year, he must be given a legitimate shot before he is written off or sacked. Also, I hope for your sake that Levy makes it clear to the players that anybody disagreeing with Jose's philosophy will be sold - no questions asked. That way he will be able to accumulate a set of players who buy into his ideology and play like their lives are on the line. Hope Spurs give him the funds and time to stamp his vision on the team despite hiccups on the pitch in terms of short-term results.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Cannot agree more. Please please give him the money to strengthen the squad this year, he must be given a legitimate shot before he is written off or sacked. Also, I hope for your sake that Levy makes it clear to the players that anybody disagreeing with Jose's philosophy will be sold - no questions asked. That way he will be able to accumulate a set of players who buy into his ideology and play like their lives are on the line. Hope Spurs give him the funds and time to stamp his vision on the team despite hiccups on the pitch in terms of short-term results.
He is past it and it’s evident yet people still come out with stuff like this.

Marzo

Feck me , are you deluded? Jose wrecked our club, and set us back, good luck to you then, he is going to waste money on the wrong players, and then what?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Agree with this. Levy should sell whoever Jose don't want and sign all the players he wants for his rebuild. Can see him staying long term at Spurs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Agree with this. Levy should sell whoever Jose don't want and sign all the players he wants for his rebuild. Can see him staying long term at Spurs.
I hope this is what happens. You can see he is making us a much harder team to beat. Still lots of work to do but some promising signs at last.

Marzo

I hope this is what happens. You can see he is making us a much harder team to beat. Still lots of work to do but some promising signs at last.
Good luck, win the League on draws? Defense is always good with Jose, but attack?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Good luck, win the League on draws? Defense is always good with Jose, but attack?
Attack clearly needs a lot of work but he is focusing on our defensive shape first and it is starting to work. I'm hopeful the rest of the team will eventually gel although we need a few new faces.

roonster09

Scout

:lol: Brilliant. This type of Jose was so much better and fun.

United58

Attack clearly needs a lot of work but he is focusing on our defensive shape first and it is starting to work. I'm hopeful the rest of the team will eventually gel although we need a few new faces.
How do you think the transfer window will go between Levy and José, especially during the COVID-19 year?

If José was given a decent chunk to spend (say £100m+), how would you feel about Poch not being given that? The team went stale under Poch, but a lot of that was due to a lack of investment IMO

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How do you think the transfer window will go between Levy and José, especially during the COVID-19 year?

If José was given a decent chunk to spend (say £100m+), how would you feel about Poch not being given that? The team went stale under Poch, but a lot of that was due to a lack of investment IMO
I've no idea. Hope for the best but fear for the worst. I'd be happy if Jose got £100m to spend (he won't get anywhere near that)

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Same number of wins as us but you've played a game more. Look into your xG data and it's painting a similar pic as to what we were seeing in his 2nd season with us

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

:lol: There we go, from Ndombele to this.There will be more to come.

At United, he started with Schweinsteiger to Shaw to Martial to more players to Pogba to the board & end it with to his scouts. Mourinho's evolution.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Same number of wins as us but you've played a game more. Look into your xG data and it's painting a similar pic as to what we were seeing in his 2nd season with us
I'd rather not thanks, I have no interest in new bullshit stats.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

What's funny is he did the same at Chelsea. Had Bridge at LB wasn't good enough went for Del Horno still wasn't good enough and then got himself Cole

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This really surprised me! Certainly doesn’t fit the narrative on the cafe for sure, which includes me setting that narrative. :lol:

I still think long term he won’t be right for you, but I do like the guy and wish him well.

roonster09

Scout
What's funny is he did the same at Chelsea. Had Bridge at LB wasn't good enough went for Del Horno still wasn't good enough and then got himself Cole
Tbf to him, there was no FFP at that time.

Anyways he isn't our problem now, his PC is fun when he goes against other managers in a cheeky way.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Still think he will win something at Spurs, FA, League cup or Europa. Just needs to address a few positions, DM and RB being the stand outs. Aurier is simply not good enough for a club wanting top 4 spots, yes there are other problematic positions, but given the state of the game during a pandemic that is not going to happen.

Spurs probably have enough money to bring in two, rumours they were looking at Aarons from relegated Norwich for the RB position and Hojbjerg for DM, doesnt have long left on his contract.

They have a real scatter gun approach to buying players however, no DoF so just buy whoever it seems. Im still unsure why they brought in Bergwijn? When they 100% did not need another attacking wide player and needed a genuine striker as backup to Kane. Even an older player happy to play from the bench in FA, League cup games and Europa matches. The occasional CL or prem game to alleviate how many games Kane plays, which I'm sure contributes to his injuries.

Wilt

“Since I started, I think we are fourth“ :lol:

classic WUMourinho

Supports
England
I'm technically a complete club neutral but I have a soft spot for Spurs. Having said that, there's nothing bullshit about xG as long as you have the statistical nous to use it correctly while understanding its limitations.

xG models can't currently be used for determining who "should" have won a game (which is how a lot of people are using it, and giving the entire concept a bad rep). They can, however, provide a pretty accurate picture of comparative attacking prowess over a long enough time period (i.e. a large enough sample size). The range of games being discussed here is large enough that any trends observed are worth paying attention to.

Besides all that, xG accurately identifies that Kane and Son have been two of the top four most clinical finishers in all of Europe over the last six years.

Strelok

Can't agree more :lol:

We can help too by giving him back his beloved Sanchez, for free :)

Skills

Snitch
Football forums are a funny place. They must one of the few places left where you can proudly bang your chest about being mathematically illiterate.

You won’t find any disagreements from Utd fans. We would love for Jose to be given the money to strengthen (destroy) your team.

Crack on, if you think Jose is going to turn spurs into some some of trophy winning force, then you are in for a big shock!

Strelok

You won’t find any disagreements from Utd fans. We would love for Jose to be given the money to strengthen (destroy) your team.

Crack on, if you think Jose is going to turn spurs into some some of trophy winning force, then you are in for a big shock!
It was sarcasm mate :lol:

He's no fan of both Spurs and Mourinho.