Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Interesting to see how they play next season. Mourinho will really really want to win europa judging from his celebration at end of game and we know he's still decent in knock out football so think their league form will take a hit as it's not the biggest quality squad beyond first 11 as we saw when they lost Son and Kane and could barely win in the league.

Mindhunter

I am happy for him. Coming second with us is no more his biggest achievement. It is now coming 6th with Tottenham.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He's done a decent job considering where they were you have to give him credit for that.
Decent, no more than that. Everyone seems to think Spurs were in the relegation zone when Poch was sacked. They were bottom half but only 3 points off 6th as the table was congested. Were also one point above Man. United.

They won the home games they needed to. Beat Man. City, Leicester and Arsenal. Still pretty average away from home, two away wins in last 10.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Is that the same Arsenal that ended this season 8th?
Season isn’t over yet for Arsenal though is it? We have a cup final to play. Trophies on the line to add to the 3 we won in the last 10 years. Nice feeling winning trophies.

Woodzy

Season isn’t over yet for Arsenal though is it? We have a cup final to play. Trophies on the line to add to the 3 we won in the last 10 years. Nice feeling winning trophies.
Why would you use 10 years as a benchmark for trophies won when we ourselves have won 2 league titles in that period? :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Hang on, didn't he diss the Europa a couple of weeks back? Now he's celebrating finishing 6th?

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
He can use Europa like he did with us to get CL. Play strong team to get through group stages, which shouldn't be too hard for Spurs and then depending on where they stand in league come February, prioritise.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
After everything that has happened this season I'd say managing to get into top 6 is worth celebrating.
You were 3 points from 5th position when Jose took over, after 25 games you were ahead of us too.

Overall yeah he did decent job.

United58

After everything that has happened this season I'd say managing to get into top 6 is worth celebrating.
Ye had a dire run before lockdown but tbf he did bring it back, sixth is decent given where ye were. It'll be very interesting to see how the summer goes, especially the dynamic between José and Levy. The fallout in autumn/winter if José doesn't get what he wants will be heavy.

If José's given the money Poch wasn't, how would you feel about it?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ye had a dire run before lockdown but tbf he did bring it back, sixth is decent given where ye were. It'll be very interesting to see how the summer goes, especially the dynamic between José and Levy. The fallout in autumn/winter if José doesn't get what he wants will be heavy.

If José's given the money Poch wasn't, how would you feel about it?
He won't be. At least not this summer. All the talk around the club is that Jose is fully understanding of the club's financial situation. That doesn't mean he will be happy if Levy doesn't secure the players he would like - but he will be going for players who won't cost more than maybe £30 million. I'll be absolutely shocked if we spend anything near what we did last summer.

DarkLord

Jose always performs his best in his second season, doesn't he? So I think he would make Spurs extremely competitive next season, although he did come in with 1/3 of the season gone, I think he has performed decently. Still feels weird and surreal to see him celebrating qualifying for the Europa League. Don't believe that is how he truly felt. I think he has written off this season and he's just looking forward to next season. He also probably looked at the calibre of Ancelotti managing Everton and he must be thinking it's no great shame managing Spurs. There are just a lack of elite clubs now who are looking out for managers.

Lee565

He can use Europa like he did with us to get CL. Play strong team to get through group stages, which shouldn't be too hard for Spurs and then depending on where they stand in league come February, prioritise.
This will hopefully be of benefit to us as I see liverpool, man city and Chelsea taking up the top 3 spots next season and us in 4th and if mourinho has his eye on the europa league like he did with us then that is one less club potentially fighting for 4th spot.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is that the same Arsenal that ended this season 8th?
Depends if they win the cup or not as that obviously gets europa qualification aswell. You'd surely take 8th if it meant you won FA cup?

Revan

Assumptionman
He said nothing wrong to be fair. Finishing between 4th and 6th, well, we finished 3rd but on the last week, and after signing Bruno. Also, no one expected Spurs to self-destruct, neither Arsenal to be this shit. He also said that we won't compete for the title, and as long as the objective is clear that we try to finish in top 4 and build from there, that would be totally good. Which is what we did.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It's pretty dire to draw 1-1 with 7 shots vs Palace with 12 shots given the handicap that Palace had crisis in defense due to injuries (Cahill, Tomkins, van Aanholt) and Kouyate had to play as a centre back. Depends on their signing in this summer, I won't be surprised if somehow their next season will be similar to Mourinho's first season with us (15 draws & 5 loses but finished 6th or outside top 4).

trafford1980

You were 3 points from 5th position when Jose took over, after 25 games you were ahead of us too.

Overall yeah he did decent job.
Totally agree with you.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that Spurs were relegation candidates when he took over.

Yes, they were 14th in the table but they were only 3 points below fifth and only two-points behind Manchester United!

When Jose took over Spurs they had already played their tougher away matches too.

He didn't work miracles and got them dumped out of the Champions League in embarrassing fashion.

I have close family who support them so I have a huge soft spot for the club but hate the way Mourinho seems to disregard the 'heritage' of every club that appoints him and always reframes the situation he inherited to suit his ego.

So infuriating.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
To be fair, he has done well in the last few matches.
I wonder how long Kane is willing to stick to this though. If they're in a similar position next season, then I think he'll put in a transfer request.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To be fair, he has done well in the last few matches.
I wonder how long Kane is willing to stick to this though. If they're in a similar position next season, then I think he'll put in a transfer request.
I think next season will be the one that determines whether Kane will stay with Spurs for the rest of his career or will move on. We will simply have to win something and challenge for the league to keep him.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
This will hopefully be of benefit to us as I see liverpool, man city and Chelsea taking up the top 3 spots next season and us in 4th and if mourinho has his eye on the europa league like he did with us then that is one less club potentially fighting for 4th spot.
We have just finished above Chelsea, beaten them 3 time’s this season and have the youngest squad in the league which will only get better, why would you place Chelsea above us?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think next season will be the one that determines whether Kane will stay with Spurs for the rest of his career or will move on. We will simply have to win something and challenge for the league to keep him.
I'd be personally very surprised if City don't go big for him. Aguero will probably leave and Jesus is meh.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I'd be personally very surprised if City don't go big for him. Aguero will probably leave and Jesus is meh.
He is 100% not leaving next season. It's the summer transfer window after that I'm concerned about. I agree if I was Pep I'd be doing everything to get him. Kane in that City team would be breaking goal scoring records every season if he stayed fit.

Lee565

We have just finished above Chelsea, beaten them 3 time’s this season and have the youngest squad in the league which will only get better, why would you place Chelsea above us?
But a lot of other united fans have defended ole when being compared with Lampard by saying chelsea has the better squad so taking that into account and it looking like chelsea are about to drop about 250 million on transfers where they have already signed Werner and ziyech, plus havertz looks nailed on to happen and they are obviously going to buy a new keeper with frank not trusting kepa, I would also throw pulisic into this conversation because he was bedded into the team so slowly that he barely played in the first half of the season but now looks like a great replacement for hazard.

Spurs are not challenging for the league next season. Liverpool and City will be the top 2 again, and Utd and Chelsea will spend big this summer and be better than this year.

Jose wants to win the EL, I don’t imagine that’s going to be enough?

Supports
England
Spurs are not challenging for the league next season. Liverpool and City will be the top 2 again, and Utd and Chelsea will spend big this summer and be better than this year.

Jose wants to win the EL, I don’t imagine that’s going to be enough?
If Spurs actually did win the EL, I think lifting a trophy would be enough to keep Kane on board for at least another season.

On a completely unrelated general note, this is a difficult topic for me. I started watching Spurs religiously because of how much I love Kane (my only real team, as such, is England), and I've developed a soft spot for the club over the last six years. But ultimately I want Kane to have the career his talent deserves more than I want Spurs to win something. If they happen to coincide, fecking fantastic, but there's only one winner in my mind if those two priorities conflict.

I hope Kane doesn't give Spurs too many more of his peak years if there aren't real signs of very significant improvement in the near future. He's just too good to end his career without a single trophy, unless he wants to go for the oddly distinguished honour of being the greatest player of all time never to win anything, which he undoubtedly would be if he did go trophyless until the very end.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If Spurs actually did win the EL, I think lifting a trophy would be enough to keep Kane on board for at least another season.

On a completely unrelated general note, this is a difficult topic for me. I started watching Spurs religiously because of how much I love Kane (my only real team, as such, is England), and I've developed a soft spot for the club over the last six years. But ultimately I want Kane to have the career his talent deserves more than I want Spurs to win something. If they happen to coincide, fecking fantastic, but there's only one winner in my mind if those two priorities conflict.

I hope Kane doesn't give Spurs too many more of his peak years if there aren't real signs of very significant improvement in the near future. He's just too good to end his career without a single trophy, unless he wants to go for the oddly distinguished honour of being the greatest player of all time never to win anything, which he undoubtedly would be if he did go trophyless until the very end.
Kane is 27 (tomorrow he will be) and Levy won't settle for anything but a record breaking fee or close to that, can't see any team paying so much, teams who can have players who are still playing at high level.

Madrid have Benzema who had probably his best season and rumors that they won't sign any big player this season
Barca won't sign him, they have made statement that players have to adjust their wages to the revenue.
Juventus will never pay that much money on a single player.
PSG have signed Icardi and dont think Kane will even think of signing for French league team.
Bayern have Lewa who had his best ever season.

City are realistic option but they still have Aguero who is top class. Kane really made it hard by signing big contract. Maybe this is what he wants, playing for Spurs, so credit to him for showing the loyalty to the club.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Kane is 27 (tomorrow he will be) and Levy won't settle for anything but a record breaking fee or close to that, can't see any team paying so much, teams who can have players who are still playing at high level.

Madrid have Benzema who had probably his best season and rumors that they won't sign any big player this season
Barca won't sign him, they have made statement that players have to adjust their wages to the revenue.
Juventus will never pay that much money on a single player.
PSG have signed Icardi and dont think Kane will even think of signing for French league team.
Bayern have Lewa who had his best ever season.

City are realistic option but they still have Aguero who is top class. Kane really made it hard by signing big contract. Maybe this is what he wants, playing for Spurs, so credit to him for showing the loyalty to the club.
He is a Spurs fan and I've no doubt would happily stay at the club for his entire career if we were able to match his ambition. The problem we have is that he has also said on several occasions that he would potentially move if the team didn't match his ambition. If we don't get ourselves right up there again very soon he will go.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aguero could well leave Man. City next summer so think that's your problem right there. Man. City just seems an obvious move. It's not just about Kane tapping in from 5 yards but his general movement and hold up play is very underrated so think he'd fit into the Pep system no problem.

Aguero, Lewandowski, Benzema (hard to believe he'll be 33 in December) and Suarez are all in their 30s now so think we'll see some movement at the elite clubs regarding strikers in next two years and they can't all sign Mbappe. Certainly think Kane at 28/29 will have serious decision to make and will have good offers, bit like when Van Persie hit 29 and knew he had to move to win a league title which he did.

I think Matt Le Tissier is a candidate for that honour.

It’s likely that Kane would win something if he stayed at Spurs for another 5 years, but would an odd trophy be enough?