Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal winning has given them 3 extra qualifying rounds to play in September. Didn't know that. :lol:
They will probably destroy any of these teams 10-0 but still, this is a nice little bonus :D

E-mal

I just bumped into the video of his Seville press conference on football heritage and am sorry he should have been sacked after that regardless of what he's achieved with us.
He is just pure vile and disrespected the club and it's fans.
He was in the job for too long I must say.

Supports
England
Aguero could well leave Man. City next summer so think that's your problem right there. Man. City just seems an obvious move. It's not just about Kane tapping in from 5 yards but his general movement and hold up play is very underrated so think he'd fit into the Pep system no problem.

Aguero, Lewandowski, Benzema (hard to believe he'll be 33 in December) and Suarez are all in their 30s now so think we'll see some movement at the elite clubs regarding strikers in next two years and they can't all sign Mbappe. Certainly think Kane at 28/29 will have serious decision to make and will have good offers, bit like when Van Persie hit 29 and knew he had to move to win a league title which he did.
I agree with pretty much all of this.

In my opinion, Kane is better than Aguero anyway (assuming both are match fit). I reckon that's been true for most of the past five years and almost every available statistic backs me up (the biggest one for a striker is that Kane has retained the same GPG as Aguero over six seasons while playing for a significantly lesser team and crushing Aguero in xG performance metrics). Kane will almost certainly be the better player moving forward. As you imply, Aguero is at the beginning of inevitable age-related decline while Kane is theoretically in the midst of his peak.

Given Kane's unparalleled PL credentials, he'd be the obvious choice to replace Aguero IMO. His skillset and quality is such that he could fit comfortably into any team in the world as long as they didn't need him to consistently win foot-races. Pace is just about the only area in which I'd rate Kane lower than a solid 7.5-8/10 (obviously he does have some exceptional 9.5-10 traits as well).

As for other posts (I don't think by you) about Levy not selling Kane: yeah, he kinda did feck himself over by signing such a long contract. I was of that opinion at the time. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Kane and/or his agent had the foresight to include some kind of performance-related clause to make it easier to leave if the club fails to match his ambitions. He's always made it clear that progress is a crucial contingency, so it wouldn't make sense for him to lock himself into a contract perpetually when the potential outcome would be to stymie his ambition. Levy also doesn't care much about the football (beyond how profitable it is) and has stadium debt and other bills to pay. If Kane is explicit about wanting out, I don't think the club will be successful in holding him hostage for long.

SambaBoy

I just bumped into the video of his Seville press conference on football heritage and am sorry he should have been sacked after that regardless of what he's achieved with us.
He is just pure vile and disrespected the club and it's fans.
He was in the job for too long I must say.
I had backed him up until that point, but that performance and set up was unforgivable. Trying to shut up shop against Sevilla at home, and just sitting back soaking up pressure.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

No wonder they downed tools. How would that motivate anyone? Toxic man.

Woodenlung

It's clear form the beginning of the game that he set Spurs up to hit us on the counter. Nobody expected United to shit the bed so catastrophically. Easy win for Spurs, but I still think Mourinho is ultimately past his best. His team's were always defensively solid, but we saw from the very first minute of the game that they're awful when pressed.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's clear form the beginning of the game that he set Spurs up to hit us on the counter. Nobody expected United to shit the bed so catastrophically. Easy win for Spurs, but I still think Mourinho is ultimately past his best. His team's were always defensively solid, but we saw from the very first minute of the game that they're awful when pressed.
:lol: clutching at straws there mate

Becks00

I am quite confident if lamela was sent off just like martial was, you would not have gotten anything out of that game. The best you'd do was probably get a draw

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Every club he's been at since Chelsea 1.0 peak in the first half of season 2, they seem to hit the sweet spot of being high in tune with Jose's demands but also it being too early to be burnt out by them.

Although that said i was expecting him to skip that part at Spurs so fair play for (looking like he's) turning it round.

Dominos

Fair play, he's doing ok aint he.
Is he? Pretty crap last season and has 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss so far this season.

The wheels will come off at some point let's be honest, just a question of whether it's this season or next.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Jose is pragmatic, he sets up his team based on the players available on his disposal and based on the opponent. He wants to win and he wants his players to give everything when they are on the pitch and when they are training as well. And so, he will always have issues with lazy players and with players who thinks they are bigger than the club and knows better than the manager. It's up to the clubs whether they want to back him or not. And he will give you results if you give him the players he wants.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Just because he is the winner today, does not mean he will be so in the future.

I know he is your manager and all, but Mourinho will be Mourinho, for good and ill, you`ve already seen a little bit off his bad side, there will be more to come(when results aren`t going his way).

Reactions: Sultan

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Love him or hate him, whether he's finished or not finished, the one thing that seems more and more clear is this: Jose Mourinho was right about Man Utd.

Besides Martial there isn't a single player who has proven Mourinho wrong about their merits. Rashford has ended up playing wide left, as Jose said he should. Shaw continues to drop poor performances. Pogba continues to blow hot and cold. United continue to need a winger and better centre backs. Would Alderweireld or Boateng been worse than what we've bought instead?

Mourinho might not have been the man to fix our issues but his diagnosis of them was spot on.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Is he? Pretty crap last season and has 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss so far this season.

The wheels will come off at some point let's be honest, just a question of whether it's this season or next.
Actually, in all competitions he has 5 wins, 2 draws (but beat Chelsea on pens) and 1 loss. And last season in the league we would have finished top 4 had the results since Mourinho took over been projected across the whole season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Easiest win they’ll get all season, still plenty to prove.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He is doing extremely well given the availability of the players he has last season. This year he will challenge for top 4. Bale will be a nice addition for the RW of their attack.

Foxbatt

It's going to be an interesting ride for him. I see him challenging for the CL spot with Everton, and Chelsea. I think he is going to get it.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Mourinho's job is very safe. I tip Spurs to finish top 4 and to finally lift some silverware this season, it's increasingly looking like a safe bet.

Foxbatt

why is he such a miserable git? Arsene has retired now and is an old man. He could be so successful if was a better human being and treated others a bit better and humanely.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
why is he such a miserable git? Arsene has retired now and is an old man. He could be so successful if was a better human being and treated others a bit better and humanely.
It does often make me wonder what happened to the guy that arrived at Chelsea from Porto. He was such a good character and the media loved him.

As much as I backed him at United, it did bother me slightly that he never rekindled this side of him. I thought he'd love being the manager here and we'd see that, though perhaps working under Woodward took its toll.

MalcolmTucker

Love him or hate him, whether he's finished or not finished, the one thing that seems more and more clear is this: Jose Mourinho was right about Man Utd.

Besides Martial there isn't a single player who has proven Mourinho wrong about their merits. Rashford has ended up playing wide left, as Jose said he should. Shaw continues to drop poor performances. Pogba continues to blow hot and cold. United continue to need a winger and better centre backs. Would Alderweireld or Boateng been worse than what we've bought instead?

Mourinho might not have been the man to fix our issues but his diagnosis of them was spot on.
He bought Bailly and Lindelof and admitted he wanted Maguire the summer before we bought him so we'd be in exactly the same place with our centre backs.

Also worth noting that he broke the transfer record buying Pogba. Not sure he deserves too much credit for spending a load of money on players then calling them shit in the press.

K_Ash

It does often make me wonder what happened to the guy that arrived at Chelsea from Porto. He was such a good character and the media loved him.

As much as I backed him at United, it did bother me slightly that he never rekindled this side of him. I thought he'd love being the manager here and we'd see that, though perhaps working under Woodward took its toll.
He just became so insecure, so cringy. Woodard had nothing to do with it.