Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sylar

I don't think it should matter what the manager says to you at half time when you lead 3-0 and are still leading 3-0 with 10 minutes to go. José will do his best to take the focus off the players but they are the ones that needs serious questions asked after drawing this.
I was actually just making a joke but yeah...

crossy1686

career ending
Having scraped past the might of Burnley last night, I hear Spurs fans were calling Talkshite last night claiming that Spurs are in contention to win the league.
To be fair to them, they're the only team consistently picking up wins, but in saying that they'll fade away as the other teams in the top 6 find their groove.

tomaldinho1

I was talking to someone at the start of the season about how, for purely entertainment reasons, we need Jose to start well. You can see he's starting to dish out a bit more in press conferences (FFP jibe the other day) and if they can creep up the league and others keep dropping points, he'll break cover and we'll get a proper media show from him, trying to unsettle Klopp and anyone else near him in the league. Then, when they inevitably fall away we will also get the implosion. It will be glorious.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Having scraped past the might of Burnley last night, I hear Spurs fans were calling Talkshite last night claiming that Spurs are in contention to win the league.
I'd say we have as strong a squad now as most of the top teams in the league so I don't see why suggesting we could be in contention to win the title would be such a crazy thing to suggest.

432JuanMata

They are 3rd favourite to win the league and so far it’s probably right. They really should be top though throwing away a 3-0 lead against West Ham and 97th min against Newcastle. Overall their squad is good with 2 world class players. I think they’ll get top 4 don’t think they’ll win it

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I'd say we have as strong a squad now as most of the top teams in the league so I don't see why suggesting we could be in contention to win the title would be such a crazy thing to suggest.
Still lacking and aggressive midfielder IMHO, but i guess is being addressed for mid season transfer period.

Raredaredevil

They are 3rd favourite to win the league and so far it’s probably right. They really should be top though throwing away a 3-0 lead against West Ham and 97th min against Newcastle. Overall their squad is good with 2 world class players. I think they’ll get top 4 don’t think they’ll win it
That's 4 points they threw away, they could have been sitting at the top of the league with 15 points, 2 head of their nearest rival. Jose's title wins always come off building an insurmountable lead. If the big teams don't get their act together and Spurs go on a consistent winning run, I reckon Jose would win them the title. If Jose wins the league with Spurs, I don't care what anyone says about him anymore. He would become the GOAT manager. Spurs would probably build a statue for him too.

3KDré

I remember during Mourinho’s second season we started off battering teams left right and centre 4-0, people were thinking it would be City and United competing for the title then it all crumbled against City. It’s way too early in the season to predict who’s going to win. Spurs do have a much better squad than we did at the time though.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There’s five or six teams in with a chance of winning the league. Spurs are obviously one of them. The clever money would go on another Mourinho meltdown before the season ends, mind you. Most likely prompted by a Harry Kane injury and the absolute impossibility of winning games without an exact clone of Kane on the bench.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That's 4 points they threw away, they could have been sitting at the top of the league with 15 points, 2 head of their nearest rival. Jose's title wins always come off building an insurmountable lead. If the big teams don't get their act together and Spurs go on a consistent winning run, I reckon Jose would win them the title. If Jose wins the league with Spurs, I don't care what anyone says about him anymore. He would become the GOAT manager. Spurs would probably build a statue for him too.
He will be behind Bill Nicholson even if he wins the league - unless he somehow manages to do it more than once then he would I guess be our best ever manager. This is all fantasy pie in the sky stuff right now of course. As for his overall record I'd say that yes if he gets Spurs to win a league title that would be a pretty incredible achievement.

cyberman

Relying so much in 2 players who regularly injure themselves in normal seasons never mind this coming up is a disaster in waiting. Jose will erupt.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, without a doubt. He'd totally overtake SAF.

Shark

@NotShark

He just can't help himself can he :lol:
He really can't. Honestly don't understand the love for the man among our fanbase. Also sick of seeing his mug on that Paddy Power ad. Why does he even need to do them, pure narcissism.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Relying so much in 2 players who regularly injure themselves in normal seasons never mind this coming up is a disaster in waiting. Jose will erupt.
That's a problem for any team, top or midtable. No matter how good the squad is, there's always a couple of players that are going to cause a lot of problems if injured.

saivet

To be fair to them, they're the only team consistently picking up wins, but in saying that they'll fade away as the other teams in the top 6 find their groove.
If that was the case they'd be top. I think the 6-1 result against us has glossed over their other performances and results when in comparison to the other top 6 teams, Liverpool are above them, Arsenal are just 2 points behind them, if City win their game in hand, they are level on points with them, and if we win our game in hand we are 1 point behind them. At this stage, pretty much everyone is in the title race.

I think they've been okay so far and have two of the most inform players but I've not been all that impressed as a collective.

cyberman

That's a problem for any team, top or midtable. No matter how good the squad is, there's always a couple of players that are going to cause a lot of problems if injured.
But its so centered on 2 players. Even 1 being injured could lessen the inpact of the other. Its overly so imo

windco

I remember during Mourinho’s second season we started off battering teams left right and centre 4-0, people were thinking it would be City and United competing for the title then it all crumbled against City. It’s way too early in the season to predict who’s going to win. Spurs do have a much better squad than we did at the time though.
You forgot city actually broke FFP rules that season. Their league title should have been stripped and gave it to us.

Unlike before, they have an adequate cover for Kane so that he doesn't have to play every game. They have abundant of quality players in their attacking department.Kane , Son , Bale , Lucas, Lamela , Bergwijn, Vinicius and Dele , 8 players for 3-4 position. Strong enough to batter european league farmer to give Son and Kane enough rest.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The fitness of Son and Kane are paramount to anything. Still think they’re missing a little something, but this season is so wildly unpredictable that anything can happen.

gajender

Serious overrating of Spurs and Mourinho by some of the posters here they won't be making top 4 for that matter let alone win the damn thing.

windco

Serious overrating of Spurs and Mourinho by some of the posters here they won't be making top 4 for that matter let alone win the damn thing.
You shouldn't easily believe the media who told us that he is finished when the reality it was us , United who were finished.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
There is always a chance. Leicester pulled it off before so it can happen. If they didn't get rob by VAR and the stupid handball rule their position will be even higher.

Untd55

I can understand why people wouldn't expect them to win the title, but why won't they make the top four? The other teams aren't any stronger than them. Can you say that Manutd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. have stronger teams than Tottenham? It seems weird to dismiss the idea of getting top four.

Kane and Son are better than anything the other teams have; then you have to take into account the possibilities of Bale (get him even to half the player he was and they clearly have the best attack of the top four contenders). Their midfield has good players like Ndombele, Lo Celso, and Hjobjerg; no worse than us or Chelsea, to be honest. Their defence isn't great, but neither are ours or Chelsea's defence.

They very much are in contention for the top four, no doubt about it.

I don't think winning the title is so out of the realms of possibility, but if they did manage it, it would probably be Mourinho's best win ever.

Shark

@NotShark
I can understand why people wouldn't expect them to win the title, but why won't they make the top four? The other teams aren't any stronger than them. Can you say that Manutd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. have stronger teams than Tottenham? It seems weird to dismiss the idea of getting top four.

Kane and Son are better than anything the other teams have; then you have to take into account the possibilities of Bale (get him even to half the player he was and they clearly have the best attack of the top four contenders). Their midfield has good players like Ndombele, Lo Celso, and Hjobjerg; no worse than us or Chelsea, to be honest. Their defence isn't great, but neither are ours or Chelsea's defence.

I don't think winning the title is so out of the realms of possibility, but if they did manage it, it would probably be Mourinho's best win ever.
While that may be true, Jose collapsed as soon as they both got injured. Even one of them getting injured long term would probably finish them in terms of top four. Bale is too much an unknown quantity these days to say for sure of he'll be fit, never mind produce on the pitch.

RedDevil@84

Back from future, are you?
Logically, I am not sure how I could pick one team over the other. Everyone in the PL look a bit hit and miss now. Seems like anyone could make top 4.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Or Porto. Fairly clear he’s alluding to the fact our squad wasn’t very good. Which it wasn’t.
A squad he had a massive hand in shaping and building? Resulting in more and more deadwood, and a higher wage bill...anyway, not really interested in having a Jose discussion. Just found his comment funny. If nothing else, he’s entertaining.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

Hold on, they have gone from being a 2 man team (Kane & Son) to having one of the best teams on the league. A few weeks ago, Ndombele was Jose's public enemy No. 1, wan't he?

gajender

United and Chelsea both have better team than Tottenham in my opinion not to mention Liverpool and City and eventually that would be the top 4 this season as well that's my prediction.