Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManRed

Was a poor appointment which didnt make sense since day 1. Spurs exactly where they were going to be, no surprises for me.

I just cant decide who goes first Mourinho or Lampard.

AshRK

Everytime I see some united fan compare Ole's football to Jose, I just laugh. Jose doesn't want to evolve and that is the reason he has these big fall outs.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
They'll still do very well and probably be right up there with Kane and Son as talismans, but the football is pragmatic to the point of cowardice. We've seen it before.

Typical post match as well.

Wish we had played them a bit later in the season, though. That 6-1 seems silly now.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We saw it a million times in his first season managing us. How many 1-1 draws where we conceded late on? How many times playing for draws away to the big teams? Would spurs be any worse off under Big Sam?

Problem is, he could play for the 1-0 at Chelsea when they had Cech, Carvalho, Terry and Makalele at the back and 1 goal was always enough. At Madrid they had Benzema, Ronaldo and Ozil so they always got the counter attack right and got the 2nd and 3rd.

He’s very outdated I think.

spiriticon

I'd love to see Mourinho and Bielsa together in the same room, talking about football ideology.

*popcorn*

Mindhunter

They'll still do very well and probably be right up there with Kane and Son as talismans, but the football is pragmatic to the point of cowardice. We've seen it before.

Typical post match as well.

Wish we had played them a bit later in the season, though. That 6-1 seems silly now.
I don't think it is that simple. They are heavily dependent on Kane and Son for creating and scoring goals for them and this isn't the type of season where that's a sustainable policy as they will get fatigued or worse injured. Kane has already started to look sluggish. I think between the two of them, they have scored 20 of the 26.

A few more results like this and the negative tactics, their heads might start to drop and then the toxicity begins. We have seen this play out at three different clubs now. Unless they make some signings in January it may end up being a very long season for them.

Mindhunter

Literally knows no other way to play football.
To be fair to him though, he did say that the team didn't show any desire or ambition today after going a goal up. Although, he may say that in public but everything he does and says during training may be contradictory to this.

Theonas

Scout
We saw it a million times in his first season managing us. How many 1-1 draws where we conceded late on? How many times playing for draws away to the big teams? Would spurs be any worse off under Big Sam?

Problem is, he could play for the 1-0 at Chelsea when they had Cech, Carvalho, Terry and Makalele at the back and 1 goal was always enough. At Madrid they had Benzema, Ronaldo and Ozil so they always got the counter attack right and got the 2nd and 3rd.

He’s very outdated I think.
I don't think they could get the 1/0 at Chelsea because of those players at the back. They could do it because PL teams were generally not as good technically and not as coached positionally to dominate midfields as they are today. Mourinho's approach never changed, he never tried to emphasize midfield control with the ball so his teams can push higher. 15 years ago, that was no big deal because no one else did in the PL so it usually ended up with individual duels where Chelsea won most because they had superior players and therefore were never forced back as much as they do today. Now, that deficiency is significantly more exposed which leaves Mourinho teams incapable of possessing the ball with anywhere past their final third of the pitch.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
To be fair to him though, he did say that the team didn't show any desire or ambition today after going a goal up. Although, he may say that in public but everything he does and says during training may be contradictory to this.
He says a lot of things but sticks to his ultra shit soul destroying football. We have seen it all when he was here.

JustAGuest

Predictably poor. Hopefully this puts an end to the idea that we were wrong to sack him.

Cloud7

I'd love to see Mourinho and Bielsa together in the same room, talking about football ideology.

*popcorn*
Mourinho's football mind and understanding of the game are second to almost no one in world football right now. He just doesn't have the ability to get things done on the field anymore.

The Purley King

Is any Utd fan on here remotely surprised?
There were times I told myself I was ok with the dull 1-0s where we had 40% possession and 2 shots on target.
But eventually everything regresses to the mean and you realise it’s all just shit. Id wager a lot of spurs fans are now in the phase of slow but inevitable realisation.

It’ll get much much worse before he is sacked guys, be prepared.

Cloud7

There were times I told myself I was ok with the dull 1-0s where we had 40% possession and 2 shots on target.
But eventually everything regresses to the mean and you realise it’s all just shit. Id wager a lot of spurs fans are now in the phase of slow but inevitable realisation.

There's a not insignificant portion of United fans on here who still adore him and still feel like he was hard done by, not backed by the club and should not have been sacked, so yes, I would expect that they're surprised it's not going swimmingly there as well.

Mindhunter

His football is like watching a dashcam footage for 2 hours instead of the travel movie. It’s the same thing but without the soul and the narrative.

Listar

Very fortunate then that you don't need to watch it. Go do something else and watch other games if it's so awful. Meanwhile I'll watch it and be very happy when we get good results.
Glad you are enjoying your football. It is fortunate that United fans only need to watch highlights now compared to a whole game of shîte. What a relief.

Revaulx

There's a not insignificant portion of United fans on here who still adore him and still feel like he was hard done by, not backed by the club and should not have been sacked, so yes, I would expect that they're surprised it's not going swimmingly there as well.
Have a look at the Jose thread on The Fighting Cock.

The overwhelming majority of posts are extremely critical of him and his style of football, to say the least :D

The posts from the solitary couple of Jose cultists bear an uncanny similarity to ones on here from late 2018. Terrible squad; Jose critics “not real fans”; the lot.

There are significantly more Spurs fans defending him on the Caf than on their own forum. At least there have been; they seem to have gone quiet tonight...

Cloud7

Have a look at the Jose thread on The Fighting Cock.

The overwhelming majority of posts are extremely critical of him and his style of football, to say the least :D

The posts from the solitary couple of Jose cultists bear an uncanny similarity to ones on here from late 2018. Terrible squad; Jose critics “not real fans”; the lot.

There are significantly more Spurs fans defending him on the Caf than on their own forum. At least there have been; they seem to have gone quiet tonight...
The fact that people saw Jose incite a civil war at Madrid to defend himself, incite a civil war at Chelsea 2.0 to defend himself, incite a civil war at United to defend himself, and then still think "You know, there's probably something in this. Jose is probably right, and it's everyone else that is the problem" truly astounds me. Even by the time he became United manager I was staggered that people were willing to drink his kool aid. At least the Spurs fans are seeing the light faster than ours did.

Tiber

I'm sure the toxic one will handle this recent form with his trademark class and dignity