Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Smith

To be fair to him though, he did say that the team didn't show any desire or ambition today after going a goal up. Although, he may say that in public but everything he does and says during training may be contradictory to this.
The problem isn't that they don't want to get a second goal though, it's that they don't know how. If you look back at a lot of Spurs' goals this season, most are from individual brilliance from top players or massive defensive capitulations (see their 6-1 against us). They don't know how to play quality combination football other than on the break, because Jose hasn't evolved his attacking approach. Even today's goal was from a shot outside the box that the keeper should have done better with.

Does anyone know what their xG looks like? I'd love to know.

Revaulx

The fact that people saw Jose incite a civil war at Madrid to defend himself, incite a civil war at Chelsea 2.0 to defend himself, incite a civil war at United to defend himself, and then still think "You know, there's probably something in this. Jose is probably right, and it's everyone else that is the problem" truly astounds me. Even by the time he became United manager I was staggered that people were willing to drink his kool aid. At least the Spurs fans are seeing the light faster than ours did.
Yup. I still rather admire him for it.

Sadly, it seems that United fans were (and still are to an extent) a lot more susceptible to falling for it than other clubs’.

Cloud7

To be fair to him though, he did say that the team didn't show any desire or ambition today after going a goal up. Although, he may say that in public but everything he does and says during training may be contradictory to this.
He says a lot of things but then he spends all week with the players and they come out the next weekend and it’s the same thing again.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I feel the lack of supporters has helped him. He would have been under more pressure.

Last edited:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Watch him win the Carling cup and he will tell you that was what he targetted all season, He never had the players to beat Wolves

cyberman

Why is he taking this Fulham thing so personally? Parker can bemoan his lack of preperation, thats his right but feck me Jose must think he fecked his mother or something.
Its bizarre. Feeling youre owed an apology if they put out a strong team is ridiculous.

romufc

Why is he taking this Fulham thing so personally? Parker can bemoan his lack of preperation, thats his right but feck me Jose must think he fecked his mother or something.
Its bizarre. Feeling youre owed an apology if they put out a strong team is ridiculous.
It is totally ridiculous that from Jose. Surely, Fulham can put whatever team they see fit?

If he had 2 days to prepare he would make it seem like the whole world is against him.

tomaldinho1

He hates any narrative which implies he isn't up against it. His comments re Fulham/Parker literally make zero sense.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I only feel pity for the Spurs fans at this point.

Jose's horrible negative tactics cost his team the win tonight.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You do realise, I suppose, that United played at home, whilst Spurs were the away team.

But hell, with such a superior xG it's shocking that United aren't top of the league, and even more shocking that United lost 1 - 6 to Spurs, at home.
So now it’s no longer shocking right Glaston? :lol:

xG matters here and proves you relied too much on Kane & Son being clinical before.

Champagne Football

He's relying too heavy on Kane and Son as their only source of goals.

Can't wait to hear his excuses for failure if there's no top 4, and sense of being cheated by a giant imaginary conspiracy..... along with blaming everyone at Spurs except himself.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: Mourinho's comments on Parker are so unecessary. Only he's allowed to have a moan. And if someone else's moan kills his underdog vibe he needs to out moan that moan to prove he's the alpha-moaner.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So he is saying his players are bottlers or actually not good enough "skills & ability"? This will end well.
Throwing players under the bus as per usual.

Not long ago he said Spurs have better players than he had at United. Surely he shouldn’t make excuses about his players not being good enough now.

Chief123

Your ascribing to Spurs under Mourinho of one particular and single brand of football is simply wrong, because it varies according to who we're playing.

Spurs do not sit back and play on the counter in all games. Indeed, in some games we face a packed, deep-sitting defence, where game becomes pretty much attack vs defence.
I guess that theories been disproven last night? :lol:

Home to Fulham. Parking the bus. Pretty clear cut there’s only one brand of football and it doesn’t matter who the opponent is.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Fighting Cock forum is full of quality posts (only when Spurs don’t win) :drool:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
They started the season off very well, but in the last 5 games their attacking form has dropped down a level, to the point where they're now starting to really struggle to get shots on target. Only a matter of time before their luck runs out and they drop points on a regular basis imo. Don't really blame Jose playing his usual Jose football, it gets him results even if its dull as shite.

OpponentShotsShots on TargetGoals
Everton (H)950
Southampton (A)965
Newcastle (H)23121
United (A)2286
West Ham (H)1163
Burnley (A)931
Brighton (H)932
West Brom (A)195
City (H)422
Chelsea (A)510
What luck? How were we lucky against City or Chelsea? Again I'm not finding the football any duller than under Poch? A lot of stat work here and very little actual watching. Its the same shite, 2 games ago it was "the next 5 games are a test" nearly half way through the games and its now "they are lucky and boring", constant goal post shifting.
Top of the league through luck? So it's not it's because we have conceded the fewest goals and have scored only goal less than Liverpool? OK.

We started the season "very well"? We lost the opening game, at home.

All these shots-stats count for little - what does count is goals scored and goals conceded.
Feel free to remember me in the next few weeks when your form falls to pieces and you're crying into your Jose Mourinho duvet set. I tried to warn you. Ah well.
I recall many posts on this forum claiming that Spurs would collapse once our difficult run of games began, starting with City. Yet here we are, in top spot.
Since making this post you've managed 12 points from a possible 30.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Jose sliding down the table without Kane to carry that Spurs team. By the time he gets back Arsenal should have passed them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Since making this post you've managed 12 points from a possible 30.
:lol: I also tried to tell them back then and supported my claim with xG stats to show they were relying to much on Kane/Son being clinical only but they didn’t listen.

Shiva87

Any Spurs fan would have seen that Kane and Son won't be able to keep up their early season blitz. Now that they are not finishing every chance, and Kane got injured - it will be interesting to watch what Spurs do over the next few weeks.

Jose ball is so reliant on individual brilliance from his attackers that its always going to have these slumps, unless the attacker is a peak Ronaldo or a Lewandowski. People who just don't slump all season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Tuchel will say the same thing today.