Jose Mourinho | Spurs manager

At every club he's been at since 2002, Mourinho has won trophies. Will he win one at Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'll be honest. I like the guy. I would actually like to see him do well. And the more hate he gets on here, the more I root for him, in a stubborn sort of way (not least because I've never viewed Spurs as a real threat). But it's not looking good over there and he's not giving counter examples to the tactical ridicule proliferating the media/social media landscape.

Chairman Steve

I remember a decade ago a lot of people were saying he’d end up eclipsing Sir Alex in the major honours won list, and you wouldn’t have laughed at that at the time as it was possible.

Surely it’s just the Portugal job and then retirement right? I was surprised he took on Spurs and genuinely thought Utd would have been his last club job and he’d be the Portugal manager before retiring.

I think Real Madrid stint fecked with him and hasnt been the same manager since he left there.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I remember a decade ago a lot of people were saying he’d end up eclipsing Sir Alex in the major honours won list, and you wouldn’t have laughed at that at the time as it was possible.

Surely it’s just the Portugal job and then retirement right? I was surprised he took on Spurs and genuinely thought Utd would have been his last club job and he’d be the Portugal manager before retiring.

I think Real Madrid stint fecked with him and hasnt been the same manager since he left there.
Fluke with Porto, untold riches at Chelsea, actually a very lucky manager.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I always thought he was never the same after the Madrid job. He was on top of the world after Inter but despite winning the league against a great Barcelona side, he seemed to lose a bit of his aura

Borys

Statistics Wizard
For me he'll be remembered as a manager who could inspire his team to beat better sides than they were. He definitely lost that fire after Madrid. He's also not very adaptative tactically.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
I guess that when you repeatedly throw your players under the bus, and then park it..

your playing style will resemble an accident.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Apparently Spurs' problem was that Vinicius is a player that doesn't understand how to press positionally, as per José's post match interview.

RedDevil@84

I did not expect things to go south so soon. Thought there is lot more fire in Jose as well as the players. But apparently not.
The only thing is whether Jose has lost the dressing room or not. If that is done, then its curtains.

RedDevil@84

Apparently Spurs' problem was that Vinicius is a player that doesn't understand how to press positionally, as per José's post match interview.
So he should have instructed every move from sideline, like how he told Shaw everything in that game where he claimed he did.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
His signings exclude reguilon have been dreadful and pointless. What was even the point, waste of money like what he did to our club.

Eddy_JukeZ

I always thought he was never the same after the Madrid job. He was on top of the world after Inter but despite winning the league against a great Barcelona side, he seemed to lose a bit of his aura
It was the first time the dressing room turned on him.

It changed him forever. He lost that trust and connection with the players and he has never regained it since then.

His final season at Real is also the 1st time he truly failed in all competitions in 1 season. He definitely lost the aura then too.

Sylar

Deja Vu seeing him as Spurs manager. The way he makes some sections of the fans believe this is the only way to actually play with this squad, and hes being let down by the players. And he needs 4-5 signings to truly play attacking football that is entertaining
And the odd result or two here with the scoreline looking big but masking what wasnt the best of performances and helped through the opposition either being reduced to ten men, or scoring with every shot which cant happen every game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Deja Vu seeing him as Spurs manager. The way he makes some sections of the fans believe this is the only way to actually play with this squad, and hes being let down by the players. And he needs 4-5 signings to truly play attacking football that is entertaining
And the odd result or two here with the scoreline looking big but masking what wasnt the best of performances and helped through the opposition either being reduced to ten men, or scoring with every shot which cant happen every game.
Spurs had 1 chance against city which is a joke for the talent they had on the pitch.

This team is identical to how we played under Jose in the 2nd season. Zero confidence, relying on individuals to pull something out of the bag. When they win the ball back they don’t know whether to attack or slow it down - always in their own half so counter attacking is made very difficult.

Awful. Kane won’t be happy with this for long, it relies on sons running way too much.

Sylar

Spurs had 1 chance against city which is a joke for the talent they had on the pitch.

This team is identical to how we played under Jose in the 2nd season. Zero confidence, relying on individuals to pull something out of the bag. When they win the ball back they don’t know whether to attack or slow it down - always in their own half so counter attacking is made very difficult.

Awful. Kane won’t be happy with this for long, it relies on sons running way too much.
Their xG per game is crazy
And not just against big teams
It's a chosen style as we have seen it under United and now spurs

I don't understand how people defend him and would rather blame players for it

Fluke with Porto, untold riches at Chelsea, actually a very lucky manager.
He fluked two Champions Leagues and a treble? :lol:

He was a cracking manager until he left Inter, looking back now the defensive tactics he adapted at Inter have been his long term downfall.
You can get away with that when you have some supreme talent up top and a defence of:

Gallas Terry Calvalho Cole
Makelele

Maicon Lucio Samuel Chivu
Cambiasso Zanetti​

Thing is, Jose thinks he can still do it with it with the likes Dier, Smalling, Sanchez, Lindelöf etc at the back.

Last edited: