Jose Mourinho to PSG?

sugar_kane

Not seen a single report of this from a decent source. No idea how the thread has got to sixteen pages.

IRELANDUNITED

I'm sure the UK Bus Manufacturers will be as well. :lol:
It's seems you've bought into that park the bus nonsense, I suppose it doesn't matter to you that we are the second top goalscorers in the league only behind thar ridiculous city team and that we have scored 12 in the champions league?

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
There's nothing wrong with having a bit of defensive tactical awareness, look at those clowns Liverpool. I'm sure they wish they could 'park the bus' every now and again
You're right, Liverpool can't defend for Toffee, so why when you're flying(scoring 32 in the previous 10 games)change your tactics when you go to Anfield hell bent on stinking the place out and 'hope' to nick one on the counter against the run of play, instead of playing football ?

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
2nd in the league
2nd most goals scored
Joint 1st for goals conceded
One of the best defensive records in Europe
One of the best home records in Europe
Goals per game way up from LvG and top 12 in Europe atm
Points per games way up from Lvg and top 9 in Europe atm
Back in the CL, coasting through groups and a good chance of making last 8 (compared to bowing out at the GS/not qualifying)

I remember when you lot were losing at OT in the PL to Norwich, Swansea and West Brom ffs. :lol:

He's vastly improved United and some of you lot are too blind to see it.

I get the frustration at the gap between you and City - fact is they're having a historic season and blame it on the board as their City counterparts have been making smarter commercial and footballing decisions since as far back as Fergie still being in charge and it's paying dividends down the line.

Mourinho is the guy restoring the balance, building United back to where they need to be and succeeding at it. What are you gonna do, sack him half way through that ongoing and working process and replace him with a flavour of the month manager?

I half hope he goes, at least then you'll probably end up appreciating the job he did when you end up back finishing 6th.
Top post. After what we've seen happen with hiring and firing managers in the recent years, United would be foolish to let go of one of the greatest manageRs in the world.

People on this forum tend to lose perspective easily. Some never had it.

We need to get that second three year contract signed as quickly as possible.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Top post. After what we've seen happen with hiring and firing managers in the recent years, United would be foolish to let go of one of the greatest manageRs in the world.

People on this forum tend to lose perspective easily. Some never had it.

We need to get that second three year contract signed as quickly as possible.
Not only would they would be foolish, they also have absolutely no reason or cause to go down this line of action. As was noted in post from @DannyCAFC, Mourinho has so far so a fantastic job, which continues in an upward trend.

And its crystal clear that he cant do any better right now given the resources at his disposal vs those at Manchester City.

I also agree that we should get him signed into a new contract asap, as back him financially in transfer market to our upper limits.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not seen a single report of this from a decent source. No idea how the thread has got to sixteen pages.
We have a noisy #AnyoneButMourinho minority hellbent on stating their dislike, no matter the circumstances.

Hamadovich86

Would it really be a disaster? Sure he's a winner, but he's a marmite coach in terms of antics and tactics and even if he had the likes of Messi/Ronaldo and a Modric alongside Pogba he'd still be an extremely defensive coach.

I don't want him to go, but wouldn't be too disappointed if he did. He's no longer the special one, football's moved on, while Jose still lives in 2004-2007, as can be seen in him trying to turn United into Chelsea of 2004 (tall/powerful players).
I agree that it would not be wise if Jose leaves us now. However saying that it'll be another two years wasted and we'll have to rebuild again is over the top. By saying that you are suggesting that Jose hasn't done a good enough job with our recruitment and team that a new man will have to rip everything apart and start afresh. We have made clear progress in his time here. The recruitment has been good and we won two trophies last season. He has added two top notch midfield players, one in his prime and another talented young one who can touch whatever height he wants to in his career, who will serve us well in the foreseeable future. Bailly is an excellent defender & Lukaku is a very good striker. The core of a good team is there and it needs addition of two or three quality players to stand along the very best. So yeah, I don't agree that we'll be back to square one if Jose decides to leave.
Sacking LVG while necessary, did set us back. If the next manager has a very different (or the opposite) style of Mourinho we could be looking at an additional two years of building.
Jose's recruiting has been hit and miss until this point, we'll be able to judge properly at the end of the season. Winning other trophies is nice but the real focus is the league and doing well in the CL. This is not to say that I want Mourinho here forever but I think we should wait one more season after this before bringing in someone else.

TheRedScot

In Any Fight It’s The Guy Whose Willing To Die Who
I know the club have backed him well with transfers, but I feel Jose doesn’t think it’s been enough though. Would be a mistake on our part to lose Jose. Hopefully we can bring in a winger in January as it was clear for all to see that Jose desperately wanted one

desmondisback

I take it you haven't seen our football under Moyes or LvG? For one the way we're playing now even in attack is much much better than what I've witnessed couple of years ago.
Yes , granted , it is much better but your logic is flawed. Under Moyes and LVG it was unspeakably awful whereas now it's progressed to just plain dire. You could even argue that at least LVG got us passing the ball rather than hoofing it.

If I arrive on holiday at a crap hotel with cockroaches I'm not going to be consoled by the fact that the hotel I stayed in the year before was falling down and stank of shite. It does not follow that it's a good hotel - especially if the holiday cost over 300 million!

Utd7

I don’t see it happening. Mourinho’s ego won’t be satisfied knowing he “only” won the league cup and Europa as united manager. He’s about winning the big trophies. He won’t leave until he feels the job is done (winning the league title).

Ancelotti seems like a more logical fit at PSG next season since he’s available and has a good relationship already with the club.

Devil81

I wouldn't shed a tear if he left at the end of the season. He's done his job, he's got us back challenging on all fronts, now it's maybe time for a manager that likes expressive, entertaining football.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don’t see it happening. Mourinho’s ego won’t be satisfied knowing he “only” won the league cup and Europa as united manager. He’s about winning the big trophies. He won’t leave until he feels the job is done (winning the league title).

Ancelotti seems like a more logical fit at PSG next season since he’s available and has a good relationship already with the club.
Exactly. Jose will stay here. And he must. We finally look as a force. Don't want another manager again.

Regalia

I wouldn't shed a tear if he left at the end of the season. He's done his job, he's got us back challenging on all fronts, now it's maybe time for a manager that likes expressive, entertaining football.
Absolutely. We need Pochettino in ASAP to take us back down to 6th while expressing ourselves.

Glanville95

The state of some people on here. Which manager can we get that will do better than Mourinho? Jose’s done a very good job since arriving and it’s not like our league form this season is even remotely bad.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm concerned this might be a thing now, we've been under par for weeks now and it's only getting worse

Unless something changes we're going to slip down the table ending in a mutual parting of the ways in the summer

Devil81

Absolutely. We need Pochettino in ASAP to take us back down to 6th while expressing ourselves.
Why on earth would he take us down to 6th?

Being more expressive doesn't mean we will, therefore, slip down the table.

Coxy

The state of some people on here. Which manager can we get that will do better than Mourinho? Jose’s done a very good job since arriving and it’s not like our league form this season is even remotely bad.
That’s the thing. I’m not really happy with Mourinho - but who else could we get?

RedStrudel76

You really think if Mourinho left at the end of the season to PSG his time at Manchester United would be hailed as a "success"!? next you'll be telling us he laid the foundations for the next manager to win trophies !!

I wish people would get it isn't about missed chances.. it is the bigger picture of sitting back, the defensive approach and tactics. Every manager could use the excuse of it isn't their fault for players missing chances but it doesn't save them from the chop. Mourinho deserves the same treatment.

Devil81

You really think if Mourinho left at the end of the season to PSG his time at Manchester United would be hailed as a "success"!? next you'll be telling us he laid the foundations for the next manager to win trophies !!

I wish people would get it isn't about missed chances.. it is the bigger picture of sitting back, the defensive approach and tactics.
Of course not, but we never thought he'd stay long and the majority of fans thought of him as a means of getting back in the mix.

We were years behind Chelsea and City a few years back, we're now a few players away from a serious challenge.

SER19

There's nobody better that's available. We will suffer even more if we hit the reset button again, how many times does it have to happen before some of you realise it doesn't help.

We've been poor in recent games but overall he has improved is and as absolutely sickening as it was Leicester are in good form. If we win our remaining festive fixtures then we will have had a good Christmas, it's a tough time to get maximum points. I also wouldn't put it past him to take us far in champions league.

Calm down and reassess in summer, this season is a write off title wise due to city's form. If we had won 16 games from 19 we'd still be 7 points behind.

Blue always red

Easy to say lets get an attacking manager in, but whose the realistic target? I can't think of any big managers who would be available and have the ability to manage a club as big as United.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

I'd like to know who this knight in shining armour is that can replace him and get closer to W18 D1 L0 Guardiola.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
There's nothing wrong with having a bit of defensive tactical awareness, look at those clowns Liverpool. I'm sure they wish they could 'park the bus' every now and again
Nope. Tactics are spot on. Just need to buy Van Djik and a decent keeper with no changes to our style whatsoever.

Williams1960

I'd like to know who this knight in shining armour is that can replace him and get closer to W18 D1 L0 Guardiola.

I don't think it's about being closer to pep.

I'd accept us being where we are if we saw a good plant and vision.

To be honest, I think we've been lucky to get as many points as we have. The football we have played has deserved less but we won ugly a fair few times.

Jose has spent big bucks. But the team has no spine. No real style or vision. It's hoping to get a goal and then make subs to run down the clock.

I'd wait until the summer and seriously asses the situation. I don't think Jose is a good fit for us. Old Trafford is so quiet now and we should be rocking the home games.

It is not just because of the Bristol or Leicester results. It's been like that for the majority of his time here.

We would like to have by now seen a plan or a vision. A style of play that may even not be so exciting but visible at least. I don't see any of that. I don't think even Jose knows what his best team is.

When he was at Chelsea especially first time round, they were like a machine. The plan was there and we could see it. Currently I see nothing other than hoping for a big player to bag a winner and riding it out.

We have faced over 80 shots on our goal more than Liverpool in the prem. 80! And they are supposed to be a shambles at the back and an attacking team. Yet we are much more defensive yet have teams looking like they will always score. De gea has saved our skin and without him we would be much lower down the table.

Jose needs to make big decisions and make them now. Take the brakes off and play some football.