Jose Mourinho's press conference - City (A) at 14:00 UK

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surely he will somehow try to entice Pep into a mind game

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
13:47
Early team news
Mourinho confirms Sergio Romero is the only player absent, he told MUTV:

“Everybody is coming back but Sergio [Romero] is injured,” he said.

Kapardin

Just thought you would like a laugh.

13:41
Guardiola's crying over City's lack of rest
Get your violins out. City are tired.

David Mooney‏ @DavidMooney 9m9 minutes ago

"We need support because we are so tired. United rest all week. We have a tough time mentally and physically [after Liverpool]." - Guardiola on tomorrow.
Well, just spend 500 million on quality energy drinks now, problem solved.

DomesticTadpole

14:01
Mourinho's view on the derby
My motivation is to finish second, I still have the motivation of finishing top four, mathematically is not done, is a good distance but not done so that’s the first objective but after that I don’t hide. That in practical terms and finish next season to finish second third or fourth is exactly the same, you don’t win the title but qualify for the Champions League group stage, but I prefer to finish third and fourth and second and first, and we have been second for many many months, is out objective to fight for that and for that we need points. My objective for tomorrow is try to have points to finish second.

DomesticTadpole

14:04
Mourinho was asked about City's game against Liverpool
Does the way the first leg of the Champions League went for them give you different questions to answer?

No.

DomesticTadpole

14:06
Did City's game against Liverpool give you ideas of how to approach the game?
No.

He’s consistent with his answer his answers at least.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Does he hate Simon Stone? Has Stone been one of those saying Mourinho is a has-been?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
ANyone that thought he was going to change is approach cause of Liverpool doesn't know the man.

DomesticTadpole

14:12
Mourinho on beating City to Sanchez
He gave a very strange response

“Are we? That’s your opinion,” Mourinho shrugged when it was suggested that because United ‘got in ahead of City’ to buy Sanchez it showed they could compete. “It’s your opinion.

“Did they spend money in January? Did they? Do you know that? Can you confirm that? I don’t know, I have no idea if they were interested [in Sanchez] or not, I’ve no idea.”

DomesticTadpole

14:15
Mourinho was asked about the City vs Liverpool game
I’m not a pundit, I’m not going to comment on the game.

Another chatty response...

Kapardin

He is such a grump.

Seriously, hard to watch.
Atleast 75% of the gloom and doom associated with us these days is only manufactured by the press and isn't actually that bad in reality. So Jose being terse with journalists is understandable.

BigBebe

Ferguson spent 20 years grunting at the press on a Friday, he thought they were muppets too. He was right.
I watched a fair proportion of the SAF press conferences and he certainly has his stroppy moments but I don't remember him being quite as bad as that.

Like it or not, the media are a beast that needs to be fed - no wonder that they end up making sh1t up.

Boycott

I'd be grumpy at these press conferences.

Press conferences for a bloody football match every week. Mundane, banal questions from a bunch of worms.

cyberman

Situations like these shows us how lazy sports journalism can be.
How does he answer those ridiculous questions if he's not doing the work for them?
Does it show you can compete...ridiculous question to ask.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Sure whatever he says in a presser is spinned/altered anyway. If he gave a genuine response to the the Liverpool vs City game and said "Yes Liverpool were very good, better team on the day" - Press would say "Jose blasts Pep: Liverpool much better team than City". Donkeys

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Really shit questions being asked. Good to see him give short answers back

DomesticTadpole

14:23
Can United get closer to City next season?
Mourinho said:

In the end of the season you see the difference in points and how far we are. In the end of the season, you will see the difference and then is easy

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They ask fecking dumb questions and then get stroppy when he doesn't give them a stirring speech in response. Idiots.

DomesticTadpole

14:26
Mourinho on this week's preparations
He told MUTV:

It was a good week, a normal week, no mid week match because no Champions League for us so more time to train but a good normal week I would call it.

I don’t know what can be decisive the more I play big matches the more I can relate the more difficult it is to answer because sometimes you think you expect one thing and then the game is completely different so honestly I don’t know.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Just being cagey with some of his responses.

Do they really expect him to reveal his match tactics tomorrow? Idiots!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
14:23
Can United get closer to City next season?
Mourinho said:

In the end of the season you see the difference in points and how far we are. In the end of the season, you will see the difference and then is easy

What is he trying to say?

Canagel

Why he is obsessed with getting points for 2nd? For me what's important is that tommorow is an opportunity to lay down a marker for next season and when they asked him about Liverpool-City game and whether it changes his approach he says no. Its concerning if hes watched that game and decided in his mind that defending is the way. Expect more bus parking tommorow.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
ANyone that thought he was going to change is approach cause of Liverpool doesn't know the man.
Thing is, I don’t think Mourinho is the type to admit that the likes of Pep / Man City would affect the way he approaches a game.

He would like to portray the idea that he is confident and knows what he is doing IMO.

DomesticTadpole

Why he is obsessed with getting points for 2nd? For me what's important is that tommorow is an opportunity to lay down a marker for next season and when they asked him about Liverpool-City game and whether it changes his approach he says no. Its concerning if hes watched that game and decided in his mind that defending is the way. Expect more bus parking tommorow.
Think we will need to see how we perform in the game, if we give it a go or not, the result, how Jose reacts to the result. I hope as you said that he understands the significance of this game. That we do not want to be the team who hands them the title, that it is a derby match that we also want to win.

BigBebe

He could just have said "Look, I have told Pogba that if doesn't get that blue streak out of his hair before the derby then I am going to sell him to QPR in the summer".

#keepitallaboutPogbashair