Jose: "There are those who want to be here at any cost and those who suffer with a little pain."

Do you agree with Jose criticizing players in public for not being willing/fit to play?

• Total voters

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Clearly calling out certain players. Could Miki, Shaw and Martial be under threat?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks

Sounds like its Shaw who told Mourinho he didn't want to play today. Maybe the first tweet is about Shaw's brother going on Twitter and bitching about stuff?

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
You learn more about your players and their character in the tough moments/defeats.

Jose is learning who he cant trust to go to war alongside him.

DJRED97

That's what I thought when I saw the team sheet. All players who it seems Mourinho can trust. Mentally and in terms of performance.

liamp

Would be absolutely suicidal to force Martial out. I imagine he's trying to give him a kick up the arse.

FujiVice

Sounds like Martial, the way he mentioned about those who surround the players. His agent was being a cnut mid-week.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Hopefully we'll find some way do drag our asses over the line and get a top four spot this season, which would be absolutely magnificent. And after that, I expect a proper clear out, and Mourinho building a spine for the team made up of "his" players, that are absolutely loyal and fully buy in to his ideas.

It's the only way forward at this point, I think.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would be harsh if its Shaw, given he's still a boy who broke his leg last year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
tbh with the amount of injuries we've had over the past 10 years it wouldn't surprise me if some of these players are just pussies who refused to play with a little pain

kps88

How can it be Martial when he was put on the bench? He'd have been completely dropped if he wasn't willing to play. Has to be Shaw, which lines up with what was said pre-game as well.

Marcelinho87

Its definately Shaw, dropping out due to not being in the right condition ie suffering with a little pain and being surrounded by the wrong people ie his brother talking shite on twitter.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think he means Shaw, maybe Miki as well.

I reckon he's also pissed at Martial's agent although he didn't say anything offensive. But the mood Jose's in I feared he would snob Martial after the agent's interview. Agents really should not be doing interviews whatsoever for fecks sakes.

In any case, he better not get hasty with Martial - it'll turn into another Pogba situation.

Martial needs to get himself together though and start working hard! Forget about branding and shit and just put the work in!

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
What does that last tweet mean?
Shaw pulled out of the game today because he felt he wasn't in the right condition to play. So I guess Mourinho thinks he was being a pussy and the big players of the club wouldn't have done that

Charlie Foley

This is one of the most Mourinho statements he's made since coming :lol: I always felt the select group of players who'd run through walls for him was a big feature of his time at Chelsea. It was discussed 2 years ago when Courtois got injured against Arsenal and Jose seemed annoyed with him coming off.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Its very shocking if it is Shaw

He was praised last season for his work and desire to come back from that leg break

Jose, you better fix it

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Definitely think it's a lot more aimed at Shaw then Martial. He specifically mentioned Shaw telling him he wasn't feeling fit to play. Martial I don't think any problem is injury related, it's probably just not giving 100% every day in training or when he plays, and being too casual at times which you could use to criticize him. In a period of struggle, there is no way that Mourinho picks someone like that.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Great news. I hope we can ship out the players who do not want to fight to be here. Mhkitaryan might be an exception because I feel he has not been giving a chance and he is very talented.

Gopher Brown

Sounds like Martial, the way he mentioned about those who surround the players. His agent was being a cnut mid-week.
What makes you think it's Martial? I'm sure he's not petty enough to let a squad number change/promotion get in the way.

bosnian_red

He was praised last season for his work and desire to come back from that leg break

Jose, you better fix it
Why would it be shocking? He never seemed like somebody who was a strong personality or had a strong mentality. Didn't he make a big deal out of that guy who injured him not apologizing? And how he was annoyed when he saw that same guy score and them win the game after? Like it's a game of football, of course after an injury you should get an apology, but complaining after makes you look weak and I definitely get that feeling with Shaw.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
How can it be Martial when he was put on the bench? He'd have been completely dropped if he wasn't willing to play. Has to be Shaw, which lines up with what was said pre-game as well.
Yep that's what I think. Though I reckon Jose would be pissed at his agent. But definitely I think it's more Shaw. Unfortunately for him, Mourinho is not the manager to coddle him...

RedTiger

Half mast
Shaw pulled out of the game today because he felt he wasn't in the right condition to play. So I guess Mourinho thinks he was being a pussy and the big players of the club wouldn't have done that
That players for United in the past have played through the pain and hurt to pull us through. We have players who wimp out and bitch behind his back when the going gets hard.
Cheers, that makes sense.

bosnian_red

His agent at the same time praised Mourinho and said he'll get the best out of Martial. He more criticized the club and the marketing team I think, giving Ibra #9. Don't think that was down to Mourinho.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Jose, you better fix it
It clearly is, he mentioned Shaw told him he wasn't fit to play yesterday.

Think he needs to give him a little credit though, the leg break he's clearly going to be a bit paranoid about.

Jose obviously wants to have people who have 100% desire and fight, which is fair enough.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Why would it be shocking? He never seemed like somebody who was a strong personality or had a strong mentality. Didn't he make a big deal out of that guy who injured him not apologizing? And how he was annoyed when he saw that same guy score and them win the game after? Like it's a game of football, of course after an injury you should get an apology, but complaining after makes you look weak and I definitely get that feeling with Shaw.
To overcome an injury like that you have to be mentally strong

I dont see any issue with being pissed at the PSV player

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He brought trainer with him during the off season the last two preseasons. Shows a bit of dedication there. I disagree about him having weak mentality. More could do with his attitude.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm fully behind Jose, need a change of culture in the club and he can start by showing the door to some of the wimps we currently have in the squad.

Ixion

The culture at the club does have to change, I'm glad Jose has identified it. Too many cowards who buckle as soon as things get tough, not wanting to play through a bit of pain is just another example of it.