Jose "We did to them what they don't like"

stari

I thank God he is not around to stunt Greenwoods development. Everything about his management style is outdated. The playing a whole 90 minutes looking for a momment of luck or a favor from a ref. The whole, everyone is out to get us. Him thinking you motivate players by picking feuds with them. He is almost becoming a parody of himself.

Rolaholic

Good old Jose.

I'm so glad he's not here anymore stinking the place out.
Never Forget

He had Martial and Rashford benched after making that 'now you know why Lukaku' jibe only to start Lukaku for 17 straight matches where he didn't score once...

Spurs deserve everything they'll be getting for deciding to sack their best ever manager for a fossil

Irrational.

Never Forget

He had Martial and Rashford benched after making that 'now you know why Lukaku' jibe only to start Lukaku for 17 straight matches where he didn't score once...

Spurs deserve everything they'll be getting for deciding to sack their best ever manager for a fossil
The amount of creativity/ flair in that XI is shocking. What a dinosaur.

RC89

Shows you the mentality of the man. He feels like he's done one over on us when, they got dominated and held us to a draw at home.

Never Forget

Just two outfield players left in our starting 11. Says everything about the team we had under him.

Rolaholic

Benching Martial, Rashford AND Pogba is a crime against humanity.
Decided it was worth it to be petty and point score during a bloody UCL knockout tie too ffs

howed how much more he cared about his own ego than the actual success of the club

Sylar

Never Forget

Ugh
I was mostly with him up until this point as well.
This game and the post match was enough

United58

Sacking Poch wasn't necessarily an awful move (though not giving him the funds to invigorate the squad was stupid) due to their stagnation/disintegration, hiring José certainly was though.

I'm enjoying the carnage :lol:

Withnail

But even if Ole's not good enough, why would you still want Jose here? I honestly think Pogba, Martial and possibly even Rashford would have moved on if Jose were still here. And we'd likely be looking at an attack involving Perisic, Lukaku and Willian. There is nothing palatable about that.
He's still be bringing Fellaini on to hoof the ball to him for the last 20 mins :(

The Red Thinker

I was ride or die Mourinho. Thought that you need to give him the funds to do the job. Get his players in.... but this. This was the moment that finally did it for me. Trying to ruin Pogba is one thing. But, to take him on in front of Sky Cameras, which he was aware of as media is allowed to film training for 15 mins before every match for their prematch buildup, was shocking to me.

He was in total open war with the most influential and creative player in the dressing room. One part of me forgives him for going to war considering how Pogba had had enough with the lack of any development to the squad and was no longer motivated, but the other raged that the manager for airing our dirty laundry. That is just something I am not used to as a United supporter. Fergie was alsways tactful when he did them. This was something else.

It was disgusting to watch. In hindsight, Pogba has never openly come out and insulted the club or anything like that. He once admitted he could leave but that's about it.
Ole has done tremendously well in keeping his morale up during the injury times and reintegrating him into the squad.

cyberman

Their form shows they didn't sit back on purpose, they weren't good enough to work the ball forward and it was Jose saving face.
If that tie was tomorrow instead of then we would annihilate them.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Never Forget

He should've been sacked for his comments after the whole Sevilla tie.

AFC NimbleThumb

Benching Martial, Rashford AND Pogba is a crime against humanity.
We are unbelievably fortunate to have those 3 still at the club.

I wasn’t a Jose defender but he made numerous players look terrible during his time at the club.

He was a disgrace & getting rid when we did has potentially saved us years upon years of a rebuild.

eire-red

8 words that show why his entire mentality is not suited to a top club anymore. This focus on how to stop the opposition, rather than how to play proper football. Thank god he's not here anymore.

I wonder what our squad would look like right now if he was still here. No Pogba for sure, and probably Rashford and Martial on the sidelines too, watching the likes of Perisic and Willian with Lukaku up top. We completely lost identity as a club with Mourinho at the helm.

rotherham_red

Never Forget

That wasn't even the most egregious lineup. The one in the second leg at home was so much worse, especially since he benched Rashford straight after he'd scored twice against the Scousers. I remember driving up to the game from London and seeing the lineup thinking how weird it was cos it was the sort of lineup you'd have if you were winning a game and needed to see the game out, not a tie that was in the balance.

That result and the subsequent press conference was the beginning of the end for me when it came to Jose.

Skeezix

I want him to win some more matches enough so that he does not get the sack this season yet.

Let him have a transfer window at least where he will let go off the better Spurs players and sign duds - let Jose make his imprint first so that he can fully stink the place up..

Let Spurs have a fullblown Jose meltdown season. The spurs fans deserve it. I always had a soft spot for Spurs as they play good enough football. But the past 3-4 seasons lurking in the Caf changed my attitude towards Spurs and their fans.
Their fans (we all know who they are, I wouldn't name names) have been really annoying with their gloating and mocking United in the Caf as a mid table club. As if the 3-4 seasons of regular Champions League appearance is going to whitewash their lack of silverware even during United's worst period (of transition and finding feet).

Now even the CL places are more competitive than ever. Let them have Jose Moaning a bit more. I never enjoyed Jose so much until he joined Spurs.