Jose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

Playing Thursday evening games in the Europa League is tough. I already said that. So did a bunch of other people. What nobody said is that we're the only team ever to do it. So I don't know why you felt the need to tell us other teams have done this before.
Mourinho is heading in that direction. He hasn't said that exactly but the sentiment of his interviews is that we especially are being hard done by.

Right now it's fine as we're doing alright. You can't go down this road when you start losing though, we've seen before where this leads with him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mourinho is heading in that direction. He hasn't said that exactly but the sentiment of his interviews is that we especially are being hard done by.

Right now it's fine as we're doing alright. You can't go down this road when you start losing though, we've seen before where this leads with him.
Nah. His complaints have always been about English clubs vs other countries in terms of scheduling. Or vs clubs that aren't playing in Europe at all.

Dobbs

Nah. His complaints have always been about English clubs vs other countries in terms of scheduling. Or vs clubs that aren't playing in Europe at all.
So that's complaints about almost all the other clubs. In fact as we stand right now it's a complaint about every other club except Leicester. That seems very much like Mourinho is suggesting his team is being treated differently to everybody else.

I just don't get the victim complex. He's a great manager, with a massive squad full of quality, loads of money to spend, brilliant facilities and a brilliant stadium. That's a fair old advantage he has over every club in the world bar two or three. Yet he complains about being hard done by. Imagine if he was managing Burnley.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why are people still banging on about the Middlesbrough comment. It's fecking moronic to take anything Jose says as face value.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
So that's complaints about almost all the other clubs. In fact as we stand right now it's a complaint about every other club except Leicester. That seems very much like Mourinho is suggesting his team is being treated differently to everybody else.

I just don't get the victim complex. He's a great manager, with a massive squad full of quality, loads of money to spend, brilliant facilities and a brilliant stadium. That's a fair old advantage he has over every club in the world bar two or three. Yet he complains about being hard done by. Imagine if he was managing Burnley.
We're in the Europa League. It's a massive inconvenience. Which bothers him.

If you don't like all the moaning, fair enough. I don't either. But he's right about how problematic the scheduling has been for us this season. And not many other clubs have faced the same problems. That's really just stating facts.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone else have a childish giggle when they heard Mourinho refer to the U23's as 'Nicky Butt boys'? :lol: It was something like "you want us to go to Middlesborough with Nicky Butt boys? What would Sunderland say? Hull City?"

Dobbs

If you don't like all the moaning, fair enough. I don't either. But he's right about how problematic the scheduling has been for us this season. And not many other clubs have faced the same problems. That's really just stating facts.
It's like me moaning to a homeless guy that I've run out of quinoa (which I have).

It's not that he's just stating as fact that we have a lot of games. His insinuation is that it isn't fair. That other clubs get away with it. That's the paranoia we've seen before.

This club should have a shit load of games each year otherwise something is badly wrong.

dichinero

It is a real inconvenience, no doubt. But it's not like it has come out of the blue. It's not a new scenario, he should have prepared for that. The fact is that for commercial reasons, the FA will not bend for anyone and should not if we are going to be unbiased. Any English club that is in the EL will face this problem. If you buy oranges, be ready to deal with the seeds.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It's like me moaning to a homeless guy that I've run out of quinoa (which I have).

It's not that he's just stating as fact that we have a lot of games. His insinuation is that it isn't fair. That other clubs get away with it. That's the paranoia we've seen before.

This club should have a shit load of games each year otherwise something is badly wrong.
That's about the way continental clubs are more likely to have games rescheduled by their local associations than English clubs. The PL is uniquely intransigent in this regard. Again, these are facts.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It is a real inconvenience, no doubt. But it's not like it has come out of the blue. It's not a new scenario, he should have prepared for that. The fact is that for commercial reasons, the FA will not bend for anyone and should not if we are going to be unbiased. Any club that is in the EL will face this problem. If you buy oranges, be ready to deal with the seeds.
So you're saying you'd rather he moaned less and just got on with it? Me too. Doesn't make his objections any less rational.

dichinero

So you're saying you'd rather he moaned less and just got on with it? Me too. Doesn't make his objections any less rational.
No, I'm saying that there isn't anything to moan about. It's more making excuses than moaning imo. It is what it is and always has been.

LisburnWhite

Anyone else have a childish giggle when they heard Mourinho refer to the U23's as 'Nicky Butt boys'? :lol: It was something like "you want us to go to Middlesborough with Nicky Butt boys? What would Sunderland say? Hull City?"
Must admit that I did have a little snigger when I heard him say this.
Mourinho playing it with such a straight face and repeating it twice made it even funnier.

Red For Ever

Isn't this part of the "us against the world attitude". Seem to think I have seen that before

Womp

idiot
He does seem to have a point, it's how I've felt for a while too, the FA doesn't give a feck about how the English clubs perform in Europe. You look at other FA's and how they have breaks throughout the season and compare their performances in Europe over the past fecking decade to how the English teams have performed.

Not making excuses for our performances or his moaning, but fatigue is an issue and in the top flight of football when you're playing the best teams in Europe, the gap isn't big enough for us to half arse a win.

wolvored

Seeing as its a backup route into err...europe I dont know why hes moaning. Its nowhere near certain we will finish in the top 4, so will he be moaning if we win it? He got a squad he should use it instead of half a dozen or so players being permanently played

Dobbs

Complaining about fatigue whilst having players in your squad who can't get a game isn't particularly rational. I enjoyed his interview, made me laugh, but not all of it made sense.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Some people on here are so thick that they should probably be working for the FA or the Premier League.

Jose in today's presser was very clear.All he is asking for is some common sense from those who schedule the fixtures. It is not shocking that we should expect the people overseeing English football to help PL clubs perform at their best in Europe; it's shocking that they don't do that already!

Teams playing CL on a Tuesday can play on their preceding PL game on Friday. Teams playing in the EL on Thursday should play their following PL game on Monday or the at the very least the late kick off on Sunday. A team playing two EL games in one weak should have their PL game that falls in between on Sunday, not Monday evening.

It is seriously not very complicated. Other federations do it somehow yet the richest and self-appointed best league in the world can't manage it. Then everyone moans about English clubs being shit in Europe.

Dobbs

Of course it's rational. Assuming he didn't sign those players and doesn't rate them. Which is obviously the case.
He might not rate them for the bigger picture but surely he doesn't think Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini, Schwein and Lingard can't handle Rostov? He's played most of them against better teams so that doesn't stack up. He's spoken favourably of a few of them. Then there's the games he needlessly played the big names or kept them on for the full 90. Mourinho just doesn't want to take any kind of "risk" with his selection. He's always been like that.

If Pogba's injury was due to fatigue you can only look at the guy who selects him for every single game.

tangent

Supports
chelsea
He might not rate them for the bigger picture but surely he doesn't think Shaw, Carrick, Fellaini, Schwein and Lingard can't handle Rostov? He's played most of them against better teams so that doesn't stack up. He's spoken favourably of a few of them. Then there's the games he needlessly played the big names or kept them on for the full 90. Mourinho just doesn't want to take any kind of "risk" with his selection. He's always been like that.

If Pogba's injury was due to fatigue you can only look at the guy who selects him for every single game.
he played Lampard for every game for almost 3 years . Eventually even Lampard cracked. In his last spell he continually played Ivanovic who was dreadful but
played Azpilicueto a RB at LB and left out Philipe Luis .

Dobbs

he played Lampard for every game for almost 3 years . Eventually even Lampard cracked. In his last spell he continually played Ivanovic who was dreadful but
played Azpilicueto a RB at LB and left out Philipe Luis .
Yeah exactly. I'm not even a fan of constant rotation, I like consistency in the lineup but he's had plenty of opportunities to rest players. He can't choose not to and then moan about fatigue. A big chunk of this is self inflicted.

PogbaUnited

Jose should actually just shut up. He could just rotate more and stopped using Zlatan, Pogba at the Mickey Mouse-cup and instead let squad players get some minutes, so they could be fresh for this last stage of the tournament.

I really, really hate, when managers complaint about the fixtures and especially when Mourinho this year has a huge squad and only using the same 15-18 players. It's your own fault, Mr. Mourinho. Don't whine.

It's quite boring to always hear the managers complaint about the fixtures. Wenger does it all the time, Mourinho has always done it, Sir Alex did it - just shut up, use your squad and keep grinding.

ti vu

still 3 days ...cannot see the problem and infact if the Monday is after and before then it sounds more beneficial
3 days. Late kick off leading messy home traveling trip. Arriving at Manchester from London at 4am. That's enough to disrupt resting pattern of regular John for his daily work. Here an entire football team. Why was late kick off? Just because FA wants their money (maximize profit).

Jose should actually just shut up. He could just rotate more and stopped using Zlatan, Pogba at the Mickey Mouse-cup and instead let squad players get some minutes, so they could be fresh for this last stage of the tournament.

I really, really hate, when managers complaint about the fixtures and especially when Mourinho this year has a huge squad and only using the same 15-18 players. It's your own fault, Mr. Mourinho. Don't whine.

It's quite boring to always hear the managers complaint about the fixtures. Wenger does it all the time, Mourinho has always done it, Sir Alex did it - just shut up, use your squad and keep grinding.
Did Conte field a weak team vs us in FA Cup? Look at Tottenham team that last few round in FA Cup. Same with L'pool in semi final in League Cup. We're trying to win it. SAF teams challenging in big competitions so he decided to drop the smaller tournament in order to do that, that counting EL we got into once upon the time. Do we have that benefit in this season. Notice that prior to the Rooney Ronaldo, Rio, Vida, Evra... generation; SAF also fielded strong team in smaller competitions with minor rotation. Co92 players played a lot of games.

The team who often play weakened team despite not challenging in any other competitions is Arsenal & their record is nothing to rave about. If anything I don't like SAF to pick up this matchday squad rotation he seems to pick up from Wenger in latter year, but I understand the point. We don't have the benefit challenging for the league & having no EL to rest like Chelsea & L'pool.

I rather suffering with manager who talk about fixture (SAF did like every year, one leading to FSW's famous fact meltdown) than some other managers who just come & let the media dictate us with us unable to challenge anything small or big.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

He played his strongest possible team in a game which might be our best route to CL football next season. Shocking, right?

Mourinho doesn't rotate as much as some managers but having a core handful of players who feature in every game is standard. Fergie did it all the time. Ronaldo averaged 50+ appearances in each of his last 5 seasons with United. Pogba has only made 4 more appearances this season than De Bruyne, Sterling or Kolarov (presumably all in the league cup).

Last edited:

minoo-utd

SAF asked many times for winter break so did winger the F.A can easily makes good successful managers moan, but I blame Jose for repeating this lately befor games time and time again, and what that we can lose to Boro thing will do to the players mentality!? They have to go there knowing they can't lose and do their very best, Jose gave them a random excuse to be beaten due to fatigue and schedule Although he might be right but sometimes things should be better kept unsaid, I fear that Jose feeling something bad about the squad these times and can't trust them also I don't get what he actually meant that United is not like 10 20 years ago! It's exact the same like what LVG said that we the fans need to lower our expectations right? IMO Jose needs to be more wise.

Dobbs

He played his strongest possible team in a game which might be our best route to CL football next season. Shocking, right?

Mourinho doesn't rotate as much as some managers but having a core handful of players who feature in every game is standard. Fergie did it all the time. Pogba has only made 4 more appearances this season than De Bruyne, Sterling or Kolarov.
But every game is crucial now. Sunday is arguably just as important. Fergie rested players for the Arsenal semi in '99 whilst chasing a treble. Mourinho can't bring himself to do so against Rostov, at home, with an away goal in the bag. When you're that resistant to rotation you can't complain about fatigue.

It's not just about last night though. Throughout the season he could have given players a break and chose not to. Don't see how that's debatable.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We should have signed more players in the summer and I think he wanted to. We simply we'rent fast enough, getting unwanted players out the door.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
One of the reasons joses teams collapse after a while is lack of rotation. Terry played every game in a season two years ago.

He never rotates. It's not on in the modern game. Players can't handle it.

Adisa

But every game is crucial now. Sunday is arguably just as important. Fergie rested players for the Arsenal semi in '99 whilst chasing a treble. Mourinho can't bring himself to do so against Rostov, at home, with an away goal in the bag. When you're that resistant to rotation you can't complain about fatigue.

It's not just about last night though. Throughout the season he could have given players a break and chose not to. Don't see how that's debatable.
Debatable. For those of us that believe top 4 is too much of an ask, it isn't. IMO, we sealed our fate last week.

Adisa

I think now is the time Rashford, shaw and Martial have to show up.

ti vu

Rostov scores one goal could potentially drag the game into extra time (We was run dried on Monday & had travel problem). We only scored our goal deep into second half. What if we couldn't score at all with playing a weaker team & Rostov leads (possible playing against direct physical team full of energy)? The next day the press would run with Manchester (include City) legends collapsed, which left us & City with top 4 trophy to play for (City to chase a Mickey Mouse cup while we already won 1).

If only UEFA ain't that incompetent, we would have played on a better pitch & played more properly & potentially won the away leg so we could have it easy as home. No, they decided to force us to play on a pitch that just days later deemed as unplayable by Russian authority!!! We all want the former scenario, don't we? Reality is harsh though. Already said about late kick off Monday FA Cup game. Ironically, when we're not to play on Monday, FA forced us to play with early kick off on Sunday so they can maximize their profit. Endless cycle.

It's very weird that some posters seems to think football team can just teleport to the stadium & home, having adequate rest every time regardless of what the authority who dishes out shite match day schedule, & SAF never complained about schedule & fixture.

Edit: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39278583

"A week after Jose Mourinho criticised their pitch, the Russian Premier League has "banned" FC Rostov from hosting league games due to "shortfalls" in the playing surface."

How often this ever happen to any other teams in any competitions at all? Or it was us who destroyed their pitch? Incoming fine?

Edit2:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/21391842

"How many times have I complained about it? You've heard my complaints. Do they listen?" beautifully put SAF.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Debatable. For those of us that believe top 4 is too much of an ask, it isn't. IMO, we sealed our fate last week.

If we don't win on Sunday I think we should just ditch the league.

Lyon are 13 points behind CL places. They'll be resting players.

Schalke are 12 point behind CL spots. They'll be resting players too.

Besiktas are top but I think they'll go out to Lyon.

Celta are no way catching the Spanish top 4 so they'll be doing the same as the rest.

So all 3 teams that could hurt us will be wanting to win this competition as it will give them a major European trophy and the only realistic route to CL. They'll also have the added benefit of resting players and concentrating solely on the competition. I think we should do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.