Joshua King and Matty James @ Preston (Loan Watch)

prateik

3 month loan deal

wonder if he will go straight to the first XI

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Very exciting player. Has had some injury problems though.

SecondFig

Hope he gets plenty of playing time, Ferguson Jr. was asked about King recently and said he thought he wasn't ready for Championship football yet. Case of wanting Welbeck and getting King?

Still, if he can stay injury free I think he could really do well - great talent.

Jacob

Didn't realize he was good enough for a Championship side, if he gets games for the first team that is. Good luck to you noggie

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
King is a real talent so the championship won't be a problem once he's settled in. Like most it's just a case of avoiding injury and getting the games and then coming back to United and again staying fit

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Didn't realize he was good enough for a Championship side, if he gets games for the first team that is. Good luck to you noggie
Easily, he's a very gifted player. Fast, strong and a very skilful, direct dribbler. Obviously, early days and all that, but he's a very exciting talent.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
FM tells me he's nothing special
The worrying thing is that a lot of people actually base their opinions from what FM tells them.

Scary stuff.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The kids as big a talent as we have in the Reserves/Adademy. He's a real joy to watch but what is evident is he's much to strong for that level. He can rip a defence apart and that's why inspite of playing few reserve games, going on loan for a short time is better for him.

Youtubes a shite indication of a player we know but with king, I feel it's a fair representation of his quality most weeks at that level. He just needs the luck. He has everything to be a top player, just avoid injuries and listen to the coaching staff and he has a great chance.

That said, he will be playing with lesser quality players, he will know no one and it will be new but hopefully he scores today and shows his quality.

Jacob

The worrying thing is that a lot of people actually base their opinions from what FM tells them.

Scary stuff.
Yeah but it's not fat kid who's put up those attributes, it's a bunch of professional scouts though. You know yourself that FM isn't too far off reality.

Carl

Ben Hibbs on Twitter said:
Great move for King to Preston. Good club, Championship experience brilliant for him. For me, could be better than Welbeck, Macheda, Diouf

Carl

Yeah but it's not fat kid who's put up those attributes, it's a bunch of professional scouts though. You know yourself that FM isn't too far off reality.
It may well be, and occasionally they are correct about a young player. But they can be equally far from the mark also.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
The kids as big a talent as we have in the Reserves/Adademy. He's a real joy to watch but what is evident is he's much to strong for that level. He can rip a defence apart and that's why inspite of playing few reserve games, going on loan for a short time is better for him.

Youtubes a shite indication of a player we know but with king, I feel it's a fair representation of his quality most weeks at that level. He just needs the luck. He has everything to be a top player, just avoid injuries and listen to the coaching staff and he has a great chance.

That said, he will be playing with lesser quality players, he will know no one and it will be new but hopefully he scores today and shows his quality.
sure he will have Matt James and David Gray around, so will have a couple of lads he knows right from the off.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Nepotism is a wonderful thing. Great move for him, should get a few games.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
If he plays today he will be playing against my pal Mus, I will try get some words out of him in terms of what it was like to come against him and Matty James

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's on the bench for tonight's match

Carl

Surely he'll come on in the 2nd hald seeing as they're getting spanked.

prateik

just came on for preston ..
1000th player to play for them ..

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Joshua King was brought on with twenty minutes of the match to play, he replaced Paul Hayes and in the process earned the accolade of being Preston's 1000th player. The Manchester United loanee keen to impress after signing on the morning of the match.

After the flurry of yellow cards it was inevitable that there would a red to follow and on 77 minutes Simon Gillett put in a wild challenge on Billy Jones for his second card of the game and was given his marching orders, sent down the tunnel to reduce the visitors to ten men.

King was given a couple of moments to show what he could do. The first a fine a run down the right which was brought to a finish when he was clipped by Martin Woods. King second chance should have produced a goal, the pacey striker was played through the centre of the pitch and couldn't quite believe his luck as he was clear through on goal, clean through. King had Brown in support but he opted to shoot and his tame effort was easily saved by Sullivan.

North End created some great chances in the dying stages of the game. Keith Treacy was played clean through right in front of goal, but Sullivan was out sharply to close down the angle and Treacy could only hit the ball at the Doncaster keeper's legs.

With 90 minutes on the clock, King showed great close control down the right channel before clipping a cross into the path of Chris Brown, the former Doncaster man failed to score against his old club when his header flash comfortably wide.
Just copied the bits from the Match Report after King came on. Didn't have a bad game from the sound of it, hopefully this loan spell should give him some valuable experience and bring his game on nicely.

Ekeke

It's miles off, but no more off than Fifa, Pro Evo and the rest. Its still not close to reality even if its closer than they are. All football games tend to have dodgy player ratings and attributes.

x42bn6

Volunteers do the stats on Football Manager and the Manchester United one posts on this forum!

King turns out pretty good anyway if you train him up properly, just like any youngster. His attributes may look a bit weird but that's probably because of his relatively high physical attributes which have a high weighting compared with technical attributes, but as a whole he'll perform fairly well for a youngster.

Enigma_87

You know who
any video of the goal?

I see Matt James on the scoresheet as well