Joshua King and Matty James @ Preston (Loan Watch)

jb8521

Horrible tackle could have broken Kings ankle. Going off on a stretcher

Smith's Cove

That was a nasty tackle from Fox. I know he got the ball first but there was malice in that and he went for King. Should have been a red.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
James stretchered off. Looks in a lot of pain. Commentator mentioned a possible break?

PS18

Disgrace of a tackle on King, full of intent. Be surprised if he's not out for a while.

jb8521

Both King and James are getting xrays for suspected broken ankles

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
fecking Burnley cnuts.

greater wall

I was hoping both the lads would not play in the derby, those games are less about football and more about thuggery. Just hope now that the injuries are not serious.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I was hoping both the lads would not play in the derby, those games are less about football and more about thuggery. Just hope now that the injuries are not serious.
To be fair the Championship is more than just a step up from the Reserves and is a great test for young players, there wasn't really any choice but to go to and play there.King's injury was a bad challenge but it could have happened in the reserves or youth games.James' was just bad luck. Let's hope they aren't too serious

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
If they're out for any length of time (two or three months), would it be unlikely they get loaned out again this season?

prateik

james is on a season long loan. . he might come back for treatment if needed , but he will play for them whenever he gets fit

Decotron

King may be back in OT already as hes on a youth loan. Apparently hes done his ankle ligaments :mad: James's injury isnt thought to be that serious.

edit.......waiting on xray results for both of them. Suspected broken ankles. As per PNE forum

MrK

I thought King's injury was found to 'just' be ligament damage? Or was that a hopeful rumour?

EDIT:

"RT RBFlemma News from Manchester says Joshua Kings ankle is not broken. Most likely a ligament injury. #pne #mufc"
about 22 hours ago via TweetDeck
Retweeted by ManUnitedYouth and 11 others

also...

"The tackle on Josh King was a disgrace, it could have broken his ankle". #DarrenFerguson #pne #mufc
38 minutes ago via TweetDeck

"That is what happens when you get referees who aren’t good enough". #DarrenFerguson #pne #mufc #JoshKing
37 minutes ago via TweetDeck