Joshua King / signs for Watford

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Who and where. I don't remember anyone wanting us to shift him for that cheap.
I'm not going to trawl through but I'm pretty sure there were people happy to accept Inter's early rumoured bids in the summer and move on.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we are so desperate for extra bodies then maybe we should consider signing Nemanja Nikolic as a free agent. He was Chicago Fire's top scorer and is a Hungarian international

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Theres only few hours left, if we do not sign anyone, we are left with Lingard as our backup forward when Rashford is out for next few months.
Rather Greenwood play till Rashford is back, I would have wanted another forward but not King

-Supreme-

Why leave it so late ?
I think this is tactical knowing full well that the bid is likely to get rejected, given their position in the league there is a good chance that they will be relegated, and with his contract runs out next year I reckon we will get him this summer for a decent price.

Old Ma Crow

I wouldn't. You'll likely end up with a player unhappy at missing out at a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and others players wondering what will happen if a similar opportunity was granted to them. Stances like that will kill morale.
2nd bite. I couldn’t assume what King wants, but at this late stage of the window that’s what he’s worth to Bournemouth.

RedDevilRoshi

This is what is baffling. We've known we've needed a striker pretty much all month.
The club had all their eggs in the Haaland basket and the moment he rejected us for Dortmund, it pretty much screwed us.

Spent an age getting the Fernandes deal done too.

He'sRaldo

Yeah. Given prices though seems unlikely (would be crazy). Something like 20m, fine and would fit the squad. No point in spending big on a squad player though. There are bargains to be found out there.
Yeah I hadn't read the 50M part yet, that's far too much. The initial prices were a lot more sensible, as if he can help us reach our goals for the season, as well as provide valuable cover for the next few seasons, he'd be worth the quoted 27-30ish price.

Even better if he is able to improve his goalscoring record with the better players he'll be playing with. Someone like Dan James from the Championship has basically matched his numbers in the PL simply by playing with better players, so I don't see why it couldn't happen for King.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Rather Greenwood play till Rashford is back, I would have wanted another forward but not King
One injury to Martial or Greenwood, and the other will have to pretty much play every single 90min game. It's way too much pressure on Greenwood, whom we should be handling with care. Don't get me wrong, I want him to get loads of game time, but I don't want it to be because we're forced to play him.

We need another striker. If that turns out to be King, I'm fine with that. Just don't spend silly money on him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There's a strong chance we may not see Rashford against this season, so it makes sense to bring a new striker in rather than relying on young Greenwood who has been showing signs of burnout recently.

That this new striker is injured and a little bit shit does not make sense however.

Redcy

Terrible idea, Greenwood is too young and we will wear him out over the next 3 months

romufc

Terrible idea, Greenwood is too young and we will wear him out over the next 3 months
Yes playing a young kid at 18 will wear him down. Just like how Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, Rashford, Mbappe are worn down.

SER19

When I hear stories like this, I really do wonder what the feck our vast network of scouts and sophisticated databases are doing?

Why are we not unearthing the talented strikers on the continent that have great potential instead of pursuing obvious run of the mill players that play in our own league?
What examples of these unknown gems have excelled at big clubs recently? Genuinely asking

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yes playing a young kid at 18 will wear him down. Just like how Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo, Rashford, Mbappe are worn down.
Is this sarcasm? Hard to tell?

macheda14

The club had all their eggs in the Haaland basket and the moment he rejected us for Dortmund, it pretty much screwed us.

Spent an age getting the Fernandes deal done too.
That would be true if there weren’t concrete reports that we’ve been trying to get loans for other players and been rejected. We knew Haaland was going to Dortmund probably when Ole said ‘he knows what he wants’. And have only really really needed a striker since Rashford’s injury.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Not having a great season but none of the Bournemouth players are plus he's injured.

But then he's shown over the last few years that in the right system he can be a handful and has gotten into double figures twice.

Actually think he'd work quite well with Martial and Greenwood in front of Fernandes if I'm honest. He's nowhere near Rashford's quality but he has pace and can link up pretty well so I don't see why people are so over the top mad about it.

He's hardly gonna set the world on fire but as a stopgap for a cheap fee considering we need a striker and we've clearly got a very strict budget? It makes sense to me.

Not like he has to adjust to the league either is it?

Just seeing above that we've told them we're not bidding again. I guess it's very likely we won't get a striker now so Bruno will really have to hit the ground running.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Rashford plays on the left under Ole and Greenwood will be on the right until he matures, which will be a while. Until then, we've got 1 inconsistent striker.
I don't see Greenwood as wing forward. Yes he can play there for more game time, but he lack pace to be good at that position.

Smores

Why are we scrambling around at this point, it's just pathetic.

Of course Bournemouth are going to ask a silly fee they're trying to avoid relegation and will have no time for a replacement.

Rob Bowman

This is what is baffling. We've known we've needed a striker pretty much all month.

All month?

How about all summer since we were clearly intent on moving Sanchez *and* Lukaku on. This is what gets me, we create our own issue and somehow Woodward keeps his job. If I was this bad at my job I would not have my current job... :houllier::eek::houllier::eek:.

Dve

I don't see Greenwood as wing forward. Yes he can play there for more game time, but he lack pace to be good at that position.
Pace is his strength. Last season I read an article describing him as one of the fastest players in the PL, measured to over 35 km/h. So, on level with James and Rashford then.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Pace is his strength. Last season I read an article describing him as one of the fastest players in the PL, measured to over 35 km/h. So, on level with James and Rashford then.
Sorry I watch all of his match for us, I don't see at any moment he has domonstrate good enough pace for top winger, no way he is anywhere as fast as James and Rashford, despite the so called article you've read.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think this is tactical knowing full well that the bid is likely to get rejected, given their position in the league there is a good chance that they will be relegated, and with his contract runs out next year I reckon we will get him this summer for a decent price.
If we were talking about a great talent, I'd get but this is Joshua King :lol: He is decent at best

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bournemouth wanted 50m :lol:

That's probably what they'd expect considering we left it to the last day of the window - they weren't joking when they said they can only concentrate on 1 deal at a time were they? how stupid.

Sorry I watch all of his match for us, I don't see at any moment he has domonstrate good enough pace for top winger, no way he is anywhere as fast as James and Rashford, despite the so called article you've read.
Think he's surely talking about King, not Greenwood?

-Supreme-

If we were talking about a great talent, I'd get but this is Joshua King :lol: He is decent at best
Of course in an ideal world we would all love to get the best talent but with so many high priorities that needs fixing this summer, I'd be happy if we get him for cir £20m, and spend the majority of our budget on a RW and CM.

pseudo_canadian

Why are we scrambling around at this point, it's just pathetic.

Of course Bournemouth are going to ask a silly fee they're trying to avoid relegation and will have no time for a replacement.
Feels like the club scrambles to get deals done every single window. So amateurish.

Flying high

Feels like the club scrambles to get deals done every single window. So amateurish.
The funny thing is that Ed seems desperate to appease the fans, but is actually making himself even more of a joke.

This should have been done months ago, ready for Jan 1st.

Dve

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Of course in an ideal world we would all love to get the best talent but with so many high priorities that needs fixing this summer, I'd be happy if we get him for cir £20m, and spend the majority of our budget on a RW and CM.
Between King and the best talents, there is a middle ground. Besides isn't he often injured ?
We don't need another player like that