Joshua King / signs for Watford

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
King offers good work ethics, pace, experience and can play as both left winger and center forward, which makes him a good squad player.
The negative is that he is quite often injured. But if he is a squad player that will propably work out well and I think he will positively surprise many. Yes, there are better players but they will cost more too. He is a good package as a squad player and better to sub on instead of James on the wing and it would solve some problems vs. rotation and injuries/fatigue during the season. He will bleed for the club.

Bwuk

Between him, Ake, Wilson, Fraser, Brooks etc all these top players how did Bournemouth go down.

He’s average but athletic and fast. No thanks. We should not be spending 25m on a bench player whos quality is debatable.

Bondi77

Between him, Ake, Wilson, Fraser, Brooks etc all these top players how did Bournemouth go down.

He’s average but athletic and fast. No thanks. We should not be spending 25m on a bench player whos quality is debatable.
He has a good goal scoring history in the Premier League and he would fit in well with the squad and his quality would be similar to Ings and the like so Great as back up to Martial

Jackal981

Wouldnt mind him at all at Ighalo role. I think he would do better than Ighalo. If we can get him for around 20m its no brainer. Remember we spend that amount on unproven Dan fecking James

Red_toad

Wouldnt mind him at all at Ighalo role. I think he would do better than Ighalo. If we can get him for around 20m its no brainer. Remember we spend that amount on unproven Dan fecking James
We still have Ighalo for the Ighalo role? Do we need 2?
And no we didn’t...

Red_toad

Do I need to remind you he will be gone by January ? I never said we should buy him this summer.
No you don’t need to remind me, but King will be sold in the next few weeks, so when exactly was your master plan kicking in?
Would you like a reminder on Dan James fee? As you’ve added a fair whack on to it...

Jackal981

No you don’t need to remind me, but King will be sold in the next few weeks, so when exactly was your master plan kicking in?
Would you like a reminder on Dan James fee? As you’ve added a fair whack on to it...
Oh yes please remind me on Dan James fee. He was sold for 18mil. Please remind me

Jackal981

Inappropriate Behavior
Ah you googled it, good on ya!
Yeah better than talking shit out of my arse like you :lol:. So can you remind me his fee again?

edit:

ah so you also just googled it:boring:. Maybe make your reminder better

SAFMUTD

Im not a fan of buying average players even for squad roles. I would rather see us gambling with a youngster.

gorky_utd

Im not a fan of buying average players even for squad roles. I would rather see us gambling with a youngster.
I agree with you. But the problem is the youngsters also need to be good. Bayern are using Ivan perisic in their team who I believe is pretty old. We have players like Greenwood who surely deserves a chance but for a team chasing title it is a bit difficult to rely solely on youth. Buying rotation players for 10 15m with a mix of youth while maintaining a strong starting xi is the best option in my opinion. I wouldn't mind buying players like king, perisic etc for our team as long as we also buy our first xi target like Sancho (also sell deadwoods like Lingard, Pereira but that is a different topic).

hobbers

Have we not grown out of buying bottom half of prem/decent championship standard players for squad roles yet?

Have we not learned enough from keeping the likes of Jones and Lingard on our books for so long? Oh but they dont complain and they love the club. Great, shame they add zero quality to the squad though aye.

Ekeke

Have we not grown out of buying bottom half of prem/decent championship standard players for squad roles yet?

Have we not learned enough from keeping the likes of Jones and Lingard on our books for so long? Oh but they dont complain and they love the club. Great, shame they add zero quality to the squad though aye.
The problem isnt that they were kept as squad options. The problem is that Lingard was kept as a starter and we didnt upgrade our right side for ages after signing Mata. The two of them were nowhere near good enough.

Would you have been excited for us to sign Wijnaldum from Newcastle? Milner from City? Shaqiri from Stoke? Or Origi when Liverpool did. No you wouldn't. But they were good enough squad options for Liverpool to run away with the title.

Having them didnt stop them signing other players though like we did with Lingard and Mata

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The problem isnt that they were kept as squad options. The problem is that Lingard was kept as a starter and we didnt upgrade our right side for ages after signing Mata. The two of them were nowhere near good enough.

Would you have been excited for us to sign Wijnaldum from Newcastle? Milner from City? Shaqiri from Stoke? Or Origi when Liverpool did. No you wouldn't. But they were good enough squad options for Liverpool to run away with the title.

Having them didnt stop them signing other players though like we did with Lingard and Mata
True about Liverpool. But our First XI is not good enough to win the PL. Why are we stockpiling mediocre player? He's 28 y.o. and most likely he's as good as he can already.

Ekeke

True about Liverpool. But our First XI is not good enough to win the PL. Why are we stockpiling mediocre player? He's 28 y.o. and most likely he's as good as he can already.
Probably because we're expecting to spend £100 million on Sancho... if we do that we need to cut corners elsewhere most likely

hobbers

Would you have been excited for us to sign Wijnaldum from Newcastle? Milner from City? Shaqiri from Stoke? Or Origi when Liverpool did. No you wouldn't.
No but they at least had something going for them as signings in their own right.

King is a nothing player at a relegated club. 6 goals 4 assists last season. If we're going to sign someone from a stonkingly shit team it has to at the very least be their best player, which in this case I guess would be Wilson. Wouldn't be happy if we were signing him either, that'd a fitting signing for a club with Spurs' ambitions.

Ekeke

No but they at least had something going for them as signings in their own right.

King is a nothing player at a relegated club. 6 goals 4 assists last season. If we're going to sign someone from a stonkingly shit team it has to at the very least be their best player, which in this case I guess would be Wilson.
Wilson was worse in general play than King. I live around Bournemouth now so I watch them a fair bit

King played half on the left wing and half up front

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Probably because we're expecting to spend £100 million on Sancho... if we do that we need to cut corners elsewhere most likely
We still have plenty of mediocres at the Club. Unless we get rid some of them, it makes no sense getting another one. Unless he offers something different, or he has potential to be better. I don't see anything special.

Unless he comes on dirt cheap price and wage.

Ekeke

We still have plenty of mediocres at the Club. Unless we get rid some of them, it makes no sense getting another one. Unless he offers something different, or he has potential to be better. I don't see anything special.

Unless he comes on dirt cheap price and wage.
We dont have striker cover. Igahlo is a loan with old legs

lysglimt

Scout
That of course requires us having a youngster - we do not have any other youngsters up front than Greenwood who is even remotely near first-team Level.

Walters_19_MuFc

As I've said before, I'd be more than happy if we signed King. I look at our attacking options on the bench, and I feel the addition of King would instantly become our best back up player.

I look at James, who is our only real wing back up and can't help but think he needs more time to develop. Most people wouldn't have had him down as having the number of games he has, so I think it's good that he's got that this season, but King is much more of a polished player and in my opinion, someone we can bring on to either kill games off or try and nick a goal.

Going into next season, if we can sign King and Sancho, it will make our forward options a lot more balanced and competitive.

Left Wing - Rashford/King
Striker - Martial/King
Right Wing - Sancho/Greenwood

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Handy player but he's quite similar in style to Rashford and Martial. Would much prefer we went out and got Wilson.

theklr

Is King any better than Ighalo?
As someone above me said, he is abit different.

But he is versatile position wise, relativly pacey, has similar hold up play to Ighalo, and a good poacher.

More importantly he is more used to the current PL tempo. Think there is a reason that Ighalo hasnt gotten any PL goals yet.

Walters_19_MuFc

Handy player but he's quite similar in style to Rashford and Martial. Would much prefer we went out and got Wilson.
Isn't that a good thing? Whilst its good to have a different option, it means if one of the above players are out injured/rested, then it won't affect our style of play too much, i.e. fluidity, interchanging. Wilson is ok, but too static, in my opinion. A massive reason as to why we've been scoring goals for fun of late is the movement of our front three. King, whilst not as good as Rashford and Martial, has that.

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Is King any better than Ighalo?
I think so, King also has the benefit of being considerably younger and has been playing weekly in a competitive league for the last five years. Not to say Ighalo hasn't been good, mind.