Joshua King / signs for Watford

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Solkskjaer says we won't be doing anymore business in the window in his presser

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I know the fee is a bit much to get over but the way the market is going we could probably sell him in two years to some newly promoted team for £20 million. Just a shame he's been recently injured as we need someone urgently.

Dick Dastardly

Supports
Wrexham
Josh King? MUFC are no longer shopping at Harrods, more like Morrisons.

Rossa

It's been a while since I posted, so here we go. Being a Norwegian, I have followed King pretty well. He obviously has amazing physical attributes. Not only is he rapid (much more so than Martial), but he is also very strong. He's also a very decent dribbler and can get past defenders one on one quite well. He is a very different player from James, for instance. He can score goals, but as some has already argued, they mostly come in purple patches. However, even when he doesn't score, he can be a handful for any team because of his physicality.

I think he would have made a better squad player than Lingard, but at 28, I think he should want first team action regularly, and I just don't think he's good enough to be a starter at United. He's probably top six quality in a well functioning team, but not top four on a consistent basis. His injury record is also a major concern.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And? Mid table clubs go mad for attaibable, EPL scorers.
No one will pay good money for 30+ year old player who scores around 10 goals, especially the one who is on good wages.

Jinn

What peeves me off is why do we keep leaving this to the last minute?

Wooward and the gang need to get their shit together and start acting from the first day. It's like they think it'll force clubs into making a quick decision in a panic? if anything it's the opposite.
Woody was planning his PR stunt earlier in the week.:nervous:

cyberman

No one will pay good money for 30+ year old player who scores around 10 goals, especially the one who is on good wages.
Hes only 28!
If we keep him beyond a season then he will have been a success.
A struggling side worried about relegation will take him off our hands. Not many sides actualky plan for 2 or 3 years down the line.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hes only 28!
If we keep him beyond a season then he will have been a success.
A struggling side worried about relegation will take him off our hands. Not many sides actualky plan for 2 or 3 years down the line.
He is 28, relies on pace and you said we will make money back in years time, so assuming he will stay here for 2-3 seasons means he will be 30+.

Its not even about making money back, we really shouldn't worry about that for every player. Is he good enough? I don't think so. Obvious improvement on Mata, Lingard, AP but the price for him will be too much for the quality.

If he can be a squad striker for 4 years, then it’s potentially a good deal. We have no one that can come off of the bench, and when we are not at full strength we are awful and can’t score.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That little prick Howe trying to recoup the ridiculous spending on sub standard forwards

Ventura

We could totally use him for the rest of the season in our current situation, but not for any fee that they would accept.

rosenthal

except he’s not English is he?!
He's considered english in the home grown quota, in fact even club trained for United. So the same english tax matters, as that's what the clubs are concerned about.
Same goes for players like Nathan Aké and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Rather a short loan than spunking nearly 30m on an average pl player.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
What peeves me off is why do we keep leaving this to the last minute?

Wooward and the gang need to get their shit together and start acting from the first day. It's like they think it'll force clubs into making a quick decision in a panic? if anything it's the opposite.
FFS, leave him alone - the guy is just a hard working family man who is 'more determined than ever' to create a renaissance at Man Utd...

Give him some sympathy FFS.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I like J.K, and have said for a while that he’d be a very good profile of squad player for us in terms of pedigree and age.
He got like 16 league goals last season I think. He’s a red too.

I guess we should have seen it coming. Ole would have coached him in the youth setup.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He's currently out injured for a few weeks by the way. Yeah, odd this one.

Enfant terrible

It s the last day of the window. I am sure there are going to be other links that are gonna suit my muppetry better. This one is not my cup of tea.
I understand that we need someone who can hit the ground running, and I think he could be useful, but this one just doesn't push my buttons.

Also, we just dragged the Bruno transfer for 10 mils for 6 months. Let s go and spend 27 mils on King.